Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

That seems like a very solid strategy that could not backfire and turn you into fishmen in any conceivable way.

To be fair, the alien blood did cure all illnesses, at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Though in a super technical way, the deepest part of the ocean is referred to as the abyssal zone, which could cause some people some confusion. That being said, with all the horrifying poo poo going on above water, what the hell did Aldrich see underwater that possessed him to build a massive cathedral? :tinfoil:

Bloodborne Great Ones. Miyazaki you crafty, trolly bastard

efb, point stands. dlc "Kos Souls" confirmed

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fereydun posted:

instead you are going to get gank squad 3.0 (2.0 was already in the game in grand archives)

now featuring all the knights of gwyn at once

This would legit be awesome though. Maybe not all at once but as some kind of ridiculous super boss gauntlet. Start off with Ornstein and Smaugh because you can't have one without the other, no super form this time, and once they're down Artorias enters the arena backed up by Gough, and at half health or something Ciaran joins the fight to make it a complete clusterfuck.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

they found an alien in the ocean at a fishing village and started injecting it's blood trying to become immortal and turned into Innsmouth Horrors

i love everyone and everything that happened in that game

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

snoremac posted:

Is there a lava resistance ring or am I expected to suicide to get the stuff in there?

Equip the Flame Stoneplate, put on your most fire resistant armor, cast Flash Sweat, and BOOK IT. Stop to chug 2 flasks each time your HP gets to about half and you should be able to make it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I was surprised that there's a non-player message explicitly saying how to kill the Ancient Wyvern. Maybe they playtested it late and realized people wouldn't figure it out without a bit of prompting?

snoremac fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 22, 2016

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

snoremac posted:

I was surprised that there's a non-player explicitly saying how to kill the Ancient Wyvern. Maybe they playtested it late and realized people wouldn't figure it out without a bit of prompting?

people still can't figure it out even with the prompts considering how often i get summoned for it and no one knows what to do

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Alabaster White posted:

Equip the Flame Stoneplate, put on your most fire resistant armor, cast Flash Sweat, and BOOK IT. Stop to chug 2 flasks each time your HP gets to about half and you should be able to make it.

Okay thanks. I haven't been in that area for 20+ hours cause I just assumed there would be a lava ring at some point.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Luceid posted:

i love everyone and everything that happened in that game

It's deffo the most story focused Soulsborne game.

And the DLC really ramps up how hosed up everything is in that world.

"Yo these aliens are basically outside the cycle of life and death but they can't have kids, they're all stillborn, so they've been hunting around for vessels for their hosed up alien babies and they found us, and have been trying for generations to try and make human-alien hybrids so they can actually breed for real and then some people found out about this poo poo when they found some of them and went "holy shitballs lets drink their loving blood" and they got cured of all their illnesses so a big church sprung up around this poo poo but it's making people go mad and the aliens are being literally called in by the church people and holy poo poo everything's all hosed up my dude!"

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

It's deffo the most story focused Soulsborne game.

And the DLC really ramps up how hosed up everything is in that world.

"Yo these aliens are basically outside the cycle of life and death but they can't have kids, they're all stillborn, so they've been hunting around for vessels for their hosed up alien babies and they found us, and have been trying for generations to try and make human-alien hybrids so they can actually breed for real and then some people found out about this poo poo when they found some of them and went "holy shitballs lets drink their loving blood" and they got cured of all their illnesses so a big church sprung up around this poo poo but it's making people go mad and the aliens are being literally called in by the church people and holy poo poo everything's all hosed up my dude!"

the dlc did a pretty good job of hammering home the point that humans are genocidal fuckheads and the great ones are more or less victims rather than malevolent beings like we thought. it's a pretty big 180 from the base game, too. makes sense in hindsight, though

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It also makes the Ghermann fight way better when you know what he did and how hosed up he was.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
It's awkward when you're having an honorable pvp duel and then one of your messages is rated.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Hamsterlady posted:

It's awkward when you're having an honorable pvp duel and then one of your messages is rated.

giant but hole ahead *points upwards*

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I started NG+ and made a beeline for untended graves and crushed all the bosses that stood in my way because I wanted the new music in firelink

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

It also makes the Ghermann fight way better when you know what he did and how hosed up he was.

What did he do

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

dangerdoom volvo posted:

What did he do

the doll that levels you up is Lady Maria, who was a hunter with him that he hella creeped on and she left and went into the hunter's nightmare forever and so he made a gross sex doll of her

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Kild posted:

Any high pyromancers (40/40+ int/fth) wanna use Carthus Flame Arc and post their pyromancy glove stats (damage + spellbuff) and how much it increases your weapons damage.

Trying to figure out the formula but with low numbers it seems to be 82(SpellBuff/100)

How would I go about doing this? I have exactly 40/40 on my current build with a +10 pyro glove.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

the doll that levels you up is Lady Maria, who was a hunter with him that he hella creeped on and she left and went into the hunter's nightmare forever and so he made a gross sex doll of her

I don't know sounds cool to me

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I don't know sounds cool to me

also he killed a bunch of innocent (fish?) people

e; this might not change your opinion

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Emalde posted:

How would I go about doing this? I have exactly 40/40 on my current build with a +10 pyro glove.

go smack something with a sword or whatever, then put the buff on, and smack it again, and compare the numbers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Trying to do Dancer right after Vordt is suffering

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cheetah7071 posted:

Kill Sword Master in Firelink, summon him if you still can (probably not after doing vordt) let him die, quit the game as he's dying, reload in, summon him again, walk in and let him beat her solo since he has no Hitbox anymore.

Works to get the garden/two drakes one bridge area about 20 minutes into the game, too. Opens up some builds for sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

cheetah7071 posted:

At that level Dancer one-shots you with any attack right?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Same. I thought I was good at video games, but it turns out I'm actually not that good at video games :(

What do y'all recommend I do with my weapon(s) as a Pyromancer? I'd love to infuse Chaos but you don't get that until you're mostly done with the game (:rolleyes:) so I have no idea what to use until then. Raw, I suppose? I really wanted to use the comical Great Wooden Hammer but it looks like that'll suck a lot without any stat investment, so for now I'm using a Warpick (a weapon I've never used before).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Emalde posted:

Just tell me your pyro glove stats in your equip screen [XXX + XX / Spellbuff XX] and buff your weapon with the pyromancy [Equip Pyromancy in left hand, use a non unique/boss weapon in right] and tell me how much it increases the damage in the status screen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cheetah7071 posted:

What are the benefits of doing this? I was going to try it, but offhand I can't think of anything I actually want from Lothric Castle that early in the game.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

CJacobs posted:

What are the benefits of doing this? I was going to try it, but offhand I can't think of anything I actually want from Lothric Castle that early in the game.

early chunks i guess?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

CJacobs posted:

You can immediately buy the Dancer armor and show off your hot rear end.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Bragging rights? Probably some loot? I dunno, I was gonna grab everything I could and see if any of it was worth it.

Hamsterlady posted:

worth

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

the boss soul? it can be made into a cool weapon or some kind of spell iirc. if you want to use that weapon for more than the end of the game, killing that boss early is how you do it

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Man, I bet this guy is going to kick my rear end so hard."

LATER

"Turns out he didn't have a... Leg to stand on" :downsrim:

After getting my rear end handed to me by the giant mother fuckers in Farron's, that was a pleasant surprise.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Can I still continue the Sirris questline if I already killed the Curserotten boss?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hamsterlady posted:

This is exactly why I tried it and I'm glad you understand.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Kild posted:

Just tell me your pyro glove stats in your equip screen [XXX + XX / Spellbuff XX] and buff your weapon with the pyromancy [Equip Pyromancy in left hand, use a non unique/boss weapon in right] and tell me how much it increases the damage in the status screen.

int/fth are a straight 40/40

Pyromancy Flame +10 || 180 + 192 (372) || Spell Buff 207

Astora Straight Sword +9 || 245 + 32 (277) || Carthus Buff: 466

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Hamsterlady posted:

Not as good as Ornifex's thicc. crow. rear end.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wish Moundmakers could help kill the boss too. So you'd have a choice between helping kill the boss, or killing the host/phantoms.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

RatHat posted:

I wish Moundmakers could help kill the boss too. So you'd have a choice between helping kill the boss, or killing the host/phantoms.

I imagine the reason they don't do this is because it'd be real lovely to have a moundmaker turn on you when the boss is at 5% hp

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Emalde posted:

int/fth are a straight 40/40

Pyromancy Flame +10 || 180 + 192 (372) || Spell Buff 207

Astora Straight Sword +9 || 245 + 32 (277) || Carthus Buff: 466

For kicks I went and put a raw stone on the sword, so now the numbers are 307 prebuff and 495 post-buff

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hamsterlady posted:

I imagine the reason they don't do this is because it'd be real lovely to have a moundmaker turn on you when the boss is at 5% hp

I guess, but it's not much different from killing the host right before he walks through the fog door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RatHat posted:

The suggestion I saw that I liked the most was that they could be summoned without your ember. So, less reliable than white or gold phantoms, but don't require a resource investment.