Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
They are hero's May they RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Busket Posket posted:

*Kramers into anything newsworthy*

B-b-but cops!

Weird way to advocate for gun control, but OK.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Haha dead cops

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

111 days and 33 cops nationwide doesn't seem that bad of a ratio to me but I am jaded

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Millions of dead cops :twisted:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arctic Baldwin posted:

111 days and 33 cops nationwide doesn't seem that bad of a ratio to me but I am jaded

I've done the statistics before. The number of police officers in America who die every year from all causes is less than 1% (which is including things like accidents and illness) and an even smaller fraction are killed by firearms. While being murdered with a gun is more common among American police than most other first world nations, it's still an incredibly small fraction (on the order of 30 or 40 in an entire year out of a force of over 765,000 sworn officers). The number of civilians killed by police is orders of magnitude greater though :v:

If I remember correctly, in 2013 the number of police officers who died through their own stupidity according to the database I looked at was equal to or greater than the number who were murdered.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Millions of dead cops :twisted:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

This picture always makes me smile :)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

:allbuttons:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Hmm yes Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse: very well-known bastions of Wall Street

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I'm the Bernie Bird

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
SANDERS EASILY CLAIMS LAKE PLACID

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Maybe the other side has really nice weather and beaches and delicious fruits and animals which don't grow on this side.
Every synagogue has an elevator leading down to the other side, so Jewish people just go to Antipodia and have barbecues every Saturday.

Those must be pretty terrible barbecues since they can't have pork.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

chitoryu12 posted:

The number of civilians killed by police is orders of magnitude greater though :v:

Are you comparing cops shot or cop deaths or cops murdered or what? Because I don't think any of those percentages are smaller than civilians killed by cops, even if it is just due to there being so many drat people in the country.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

PhazonLink posted:

Those must be pretty terrible barbecues since they can't have pork.

Nah, opposite-side-of-the-world pigs are kosher.
And halal too, but muslims can't get to the other side of the world.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Busket Posket posted:

*Kramers into anything newsworthy*

B-b-but cops!

We need to reverse these. Every time someone posts a firefighter/cop/soldier died, reply with a collage of dead musicians and how they deserve just as much respect.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Brawnfire posted:

It's a good recipe for my favorite cocktail, the Cult Leader

Tha'ts the one that has kool-aid in it, right?

And in regards to the moon landing nutters I was once accused of "Sucking the cock of the establishment" by someone for believing the moon landing happened.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 07:30 on Apr 22, 2016

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Seen on my feed today.

I do like the photoshop work though.

Fake Edit: Also seen today; my own sister ranting about going vegan because it's earth day.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Don't these people pay attention to what the US map looks like after an election? Even when democrats win the majority of the map when you look at the county results looks red (just like a lot of those counties Bernie won will in the final election). If we went by number of counties won the Republicans would probably win every time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Josef bugman posted:

Tha'ts the one that has kool-aid in it, right?

And in regards to the moon landing nutters I was once accused of "Sucking the cock of the establishment" by someone for believing the moon landing happened.

Once you start digging into their claims, you quickly decide that the claimed hoax would be more difficult and expensive to pull off than an actual manned mission to the moon.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Public Page

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hanales posted:

Public Page

It is sort of interesting that political beliefs don't make for a protected class, but religious ones do.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Brought to you by 9gag, with the title "Females in space".

What the everloving gently caress is it with these bumfucks and their refusal for the word "woman"?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Subjunctive posted:

It is sort of interesting that political beliefs don't make for a protected class, but religious ones do.

In Northern Ireland, they do, but mostly to stop people saying they refuse to serve, say, Nationalists (read: Catholic).

BigglesSWE posted:

Brought to you by 9gag, with the title "Females in space".

What the everloving gently caress is it with these bumfucks and their refusal for the word "woman"?

:biotruths:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BigglesSWE posted:

I always think of the Ferengi from TNG/DS9 when people say females and I can't imagine the people who use it exclusively live their lives all that different from Quark.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hihohe posted:

-Mom I graduated from the police Academy.

-But Three cops got killed in duty today! What about them!?

Isn't that the whole point of the police academy?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Maybe the other side has really nice weather and beaches and delicious fruits and animals which don't grow on this side.
Every synagogue has an elevator leading down to the other side, so Jewish people just go to Antipodia and have barbecues every Saturday.

Stop spilling our secrets. :mad:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

I caught a variation of that:

As if Prince isn't one of the most celebrated musicians who ever lived.

In the future I'll make sure to spam every single musician I like so that in case they die everyone will know that I'm not a poseur. That is truly what listening to music is all about.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

In the future I'll make sure to spam every single musician I like so that in case they die everyone will know that I'm not a poseur. That is truly what listening to music is all about.

It was also why I spent every waking minute calling my grandparents asking them if they were still alive.

And the jerks didn't give me a dime in their wills. Wasted effort.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sarcopenia posted:

He's just grumpy about people "bandwagoning" for social media attention. When I asked him how he determines who's faking and who's genuine, he just dismissed me with "Rhetorical questions."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"SWJs these days"

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's just grumpy about people "bandwagoning" for social media attention. When I asked him how he determines who's faking and who's genuine, he just dismissed me with "Rhetorical questions."

Amazing. Maybe you should ask him, how you can know if he is being genuine and not just trying to trump all the other "fakers"?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

hanales posted:

Public Page

what? entertainers have always had final say on when and where they perform. someone is honestly advocating for forcing an artist to perform onstage when they don't want to? yes i am sure that will be an amazing performance, that won't seem at all like a man chained to the stage for your amusement like an animal in a zoo.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

TinTower posted:

In Northern Ireland, they do, but mostly to stop people saying they refuse to serve, say, Nationalists (read: Catholic).

:biotruths:

kill all men imo

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

FAROOQ posted:

kill all men imo

9/10 if a girl says were not loving without you bringing it up, she's thinking about it. All you gotta do is isolate, escalate & beat her

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

It OFFENDS me that you are not directly pandering to me above everyone else!!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

StrangersInTheNight posted:

what? entertainers have always had final say on when and where they perform. someone is honestly advocating for forcing an artist to perform onstage when they don't want to? yes i am sure that will be an amazing performance, that won't seem at all like a man chained to the stage for your amusement like an animal in a zoo.

It's especially dumb because the bakery was willfully violating state law by refusing service to the same-sex couple based solely on their sexual orientation. This guy is an entertainer who doesn't want to perform for Republicans. That's not even apples and oranges, that's apples and oil filters

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Danyull posted:

It OFFENDS me that you are not directly pandering to me above everyone else!!

Not even true. Seems to be a meme that's existed since 2009.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I'm almost positive I could go back to late April every year since Obama's been elected on her profile and see the same copy/paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

A whole bunch of artists has cancelled shows for political reasons in recent weeks, including Bruce Springsteen and Ringo Starr.

The salty tears of gay-bashers over it has been very tasty indeed.