Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

any pro strats for the lothric princes and the nameless king.

I'm a melee warrior guy with a plus ten battle axe.

The second one I found really difficult as melee, lightning is effective against the first phase but i think less effective against the second. In the area you can find a dragonslayer spear which will make the first phase a lot quicker at least.

For the second phase put on a lightning absorption ring and learn his attack timings is all I can think of. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

MooCowlian posted:

What are our favourite soul farming locations? I'm feeling a tad underlevelled. I'm up at the princes, wishing I had a little more stamina.

Silver Knight Stairs + knowing how to tackle those enemies at the fastest possible speed. Tons of armour, tons of souls, covenant-turnins once every 150+ kills at the rate I'm going at with 323 itemfind.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Ineffiable posted:

So is the dancer glitch that you can summon the NPC phantom and he beats the boss for you? Does this work in ng+ too?

Only if you beat Hanzo steel master and don't beat Vordt

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

So is the dancer glitch that you can summon the NPC phantom and he beats the boss for you? Does this work in ng+ too?

Basically you summon him for the fight, let him die, then quit out and summon him again. He will no longer have hitboxes so he can just stand in front of Dancer and slowly take her down.

Also, you need to be sure not to kill Vordt to be able to summon the Sword Master.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 22, 2016

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Still messing around with a Pyro for my second character.

So, does messing around with the dark sign mean you have to spend all game looking like dusty beef jerky? I'm using a guide because I'm weak, btw.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Andrigaar posted:

Still messing around with a Pyro for my second character.

So, does messing around with the dark sign mean you have to spend all game looking like dusty beef jerky? I'm using a guide because I'm weak, btw.

You can cure Dark Sign with a key item (Though this will piss off the hollow NPC merchant) or you can purchase a ring that makes you look human.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just got great chaos fire orb on my pyromancer

:stare:

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
You can also use the purging stones Yuria sells to unhollow yourself without penalty. A bit expensive, but on the flipside, it doesn't take a ring slot and having some purging stones on hand is never a bad thing.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

WaltherFeng posted:

You can cure Dark Sign with a key item (Though this will piss off the hollow NPC merchant) or you can purchase a ring that makes you look human.

Well I wanna keep the Dark Sign, so I'm not going to give that item to that npc to cure it. The ring I didn't know about, so that answers my question. Thanks.

Andrast posted:

I just got great chaos fire orb on my pyromancer

I need to go hunting for more pyromancy. I'm up to Watchers and trying to sunbro a bit for practice before I spend an hour dying to it as host or solo.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheHoosier posted:

the dlc did a pretty good job of hammering home the point that humans are genocidal fuckheads and the great ones are more or less victims rather than malevolent beings like we thought. it's a pretty big 180 from the base game, too. makes sense in hindsight, though

wow a souls game where the seeming bad guy is cast in the wrong light/a complete victim really breaking the muold

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

wow a souls game where the seeming bad guy is cast in the wrong light/a complete victim really breaking the muold

Let me tell you the tragic tale of ceaseless discharge

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Heh, this Untended Graves Boss doesn't seem like much :smug:
Boss takes a shitload of meth

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Watching a friend run SL106 invasions in NG+ and it's nothing but host+3summon encounters for him no matter which zone. And bluebros, sometimes two. Jesus gently caress.

e: now he got what I experienced one invasion, that the triple-summon lameass host summoned a friend playing purplebro so it becomes host+4 summons for the non-boss parts. Yet even then those five dickless pieces of poo poo stand in safety waiting, gesturing for this one invader to come up to them and fight.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 22, 2016

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I'm working on upping my faith on my dex-heavy character, someone tell me the cool miracles to use as supplements to chaos blade and/or lightning-infused great scythe melee. Lightning spear seemed really weak when I tried it out, but that was at only 20 faith or so.

Also are some talismans/chimes markedly better or worse than others? I've been using the Sunlight Talisman because nostalgia but it's only +6 so I'm not super heavily invested in it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Help Im Alive posted:

Let me tell you the tragic tale of ceaseless discharge

I dunno, dude's a gross malformed mutant that's constantly being burned by his lava ooze because his mother and sisters decided to try and make a new flame and he spends all his time mourning the death of one of his sisters until some jackass knocks him off a cliff and he falls to his death.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

Watching a friend run SL106 invasions in NG+ and it's nothing but host+3summon encounters for him no matter which zone. And bluebros, sometimes two. Jesus gently caress.

On the bright side: I'll be able to bluecop in NG+, hooray :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hamsterlady posted:

I am in that same covenant and got no hits despite wearing it nonstop from level 80 to 100

Seems like it's just busted for some people while it works for others?

This seems to be the case. I'm in Darkmoon and get usually a couple summons per hour, with occasional spikes in activity, but others just get flat nothing, so I'm really not sure what the factors are for it working or not.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Did they separate NG from NG+ matchmaking again? I haven't taken my SL100 character to NG+ yet so maybe that's why he can't get any blue summons.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I haven't been getting anything in NG+ either and I've been purposely staying around level 100 (I lost a couple million souls I had been hanging onto when I died last night bringing my lost souls total in this game up to like 5 million :v:)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe nobody likes you two. i don't blame them tbh

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
why do thrown items in pvp work perfectly but melee strikes have a half second constant lag? makes no sense.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

argondamn posted:

Did they separate NG from NG+ matchmaking again? I haven't taken my SL100 character to NG+ yet so maybe that's why he can't get any blue summons.

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I haven't been getting anything in NG+ either and I've been purposely staying around level 100 (I lost a couple million souls I had been hanging onto when I died last night bringing my lost souls total in this game up to like 5 million :v:)

People over on the Dark Souls III subreddit say pretty insistently that they did not separate NG and NG+. That's not evidence, but y;know :v:

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Harrow posted:

On the bright side: I'll be able to bluecop in NG+, hooray :v:

Says who? I've gone from late game through to ng++ as dark moon without a single invasion. SL 72 - 82, +10 weapons, and 0 luck. I've pretty much resigned myself to silver knight farming. On NG++, I suspect that I'll probably earn enough to take my entire inventory from +3 (currently) to +6.

Edit: When the password system does connect, it seems to be without restrictions. Same character was able to help a friend through the Undead Settlement.

GodspeedSphere fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 22, 2016

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At the very least NG can summon NG+ dudes using passwords

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Well the weekend is rolling around now so chances are PvP and the like will pick up for any of you having issues. Best of luck!

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I am having a devil of a time trying to solo... Crystal Sage :saddowns:

I'm a squishy level 27 pyro with most of my levels going into Int/Faith. As soon as the multiple summons show up, I catch crisscrossing soul spears in the back and raining crystal in my dome piece.

This is my second playthrough, so I'm trying to rush through, but some of this poo poo is loving hard even when you know the game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Donnerberg posted:

You can kind of infer what they are by their actions near the end. They support in one of the boss fights, attacking you with spells identical to the butterflies in Dark Souls 1, only it's dark type magic. I think it's implied that they got corrupted and hosed up by the Dark Souls 3 world having gone past its expiration date.
I dunno, going off that and a description in a soul, these are referred to as "Pilgrim Butterflies".
And...well... we've seen some pilgrims around, haven't we?
Alternatively they are butterflies who are also pilgrims. Somehow.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Potentially unpopular opinion time, but so far I feel confident in saying that Dark Souls 3 is better than 1. Core gameplay has taken the best parts of DS, DkS, and DkS2 and put them all together, enemy design is nicely varied, as are the locations, and the level design is honestly outdoing Dark Souls in a lot of places. DkS had fantastic level design, don't get me wrong, but 3 has that same sprawling, interconnected feel that 1 has with the level of sheer design quality that DS and Bloodborne had.

The only area that's felt kind of off has been Smouldering Lake and considering what it's supposed to be it makes a lot of sense.

I suppose the only area 3 is solidly losing to 1 in is upgrading, in both availability of materials and ability to upgrade your armor. FromSoft, why do you continue to think this is a good idea? :argh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I finished up Hawkwood's quest. Dueled him wearing Artorias' full garb, including the sword and greatshield. I like to think he'd have appreciated that, the crestfallen arse.

It was actually a really good duel. He's easily the most interesting of the Crestfallen archetypes in the series.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Oxxidation posted:

I finished up Hawkwood's quest. Dueled him wearing Artorias' full garb, including the sword and greatshield. I like to think he'd have appreciated that, the crestfallen arse.

It was actually a really good duel. He's easily the most interesting of the Crestfallen archetypes in the series.

I always wished that Saulden would cheer up more in DS2. Like, bro. You got all kinds of friends here now and none of them are going on any insane suicidal quests for family or vengeance or poo poo! I mean, sure, they've all basically got dementia but hey, better than nobody at all being around or some wierdo lady in a green hoodie.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Tracula posted:

I always wished that Saulden would cheer up more in DS2. Like, bro. You got all kinds of friends here now and none of them are going on any insane suicidal quests for family or vengeance or poo poo! I mean, sure, they've all basically got dementia but hey, better than nobody at all being around or some wierdo lady in a green hoodie.

But he does cheer up once there are more people?

OASE
Feb 13, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Okay I just did it and it was way scarier than you make it sound. That loving rear end in a top hat Sword Master constantly pulls the boss towards you, and even while running around I just barely made it with 0 Estus.

Pictured: Said rear end in a top hat running towards me instead of the boss:

The method totally works, though.

Just did this and found if you run towards the dancer when hes running towards you he quickly turns to face her again.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I beat it last night. This is a really good game

Why do I want to play it again :negative:

Should I go back and try 1 and 2 again? I don't remember enjoying them this much

Edit: has 3 spoiled us?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

argondamn posted:

No, the only thing that determines matchmaking is SL and Weapon Reinforcement. Be it your first run or NG++++++. Blue Summons are just rare, even in the lower SL.

The hot spot for Sentinels and Watchdogs is unfortunately sub SL40.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Tracula posted:

He's sad because the cat didn't like his smell.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Obligatum VII posted:

But he does cheer up once there are more people?

Does he? I could be remembering it wrong (huehue) but I seem to recall him always being rather sullen after you got everyone back there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, I want to get attunement up to 24 from 18 for the extra attunement slot because 3 + 1 from the ring kind of sucks and also the darkmoon covenant won't work, but six levels is a lot and I'm level 75 at the Irithyll Dungeon. I need 10 more to hit the fire softcap, and I want more hp too.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

FYI I got non stop Sentinel summons rolling a new character because so many red twinks invade Lothric and Undead Settlement wanting to kill newbies. You just have to keep you SL as low as possible 15-20.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Heh, this Untended Graves Boss doesn't seem like much :smug:
Boss takes a shitload of meth

I am expecting my good feelings about bosses to end swiftly now that I've beaten the Abyss Watchers, and I'm deciding between continuing through the catacombs or backtracking to finally enter the Cathedral.

And now I'm considering 18 Attune up from 14 just so I can have even more cool toys at once, with or without the Saint's ring. Carthus flame arc is sweet. But so is having a heal and a fire orb. My current level 40ish stats lineup would probably make any sane person cringe in horror.

Spoilers if terrible moron builds hurt you to see. Knight SL 46. VIG 19. ATT 14. END 13. VIT 18. STR 20. DEX 20. INT 10. FTH 14. LCK 7. HP: 723. FP 114. Stamina 98.

My equip load isn't helped by my habit of keeping as many weapon slots filled with things as possible :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Section Z posted:

My equip load isn't helped by my habit of keeping as many weapon slots filled with things as possible :downs:

This sort of reminds me. Has anyone here broken any equipment ever in DS3? Some weapons and rings were fragile as poo poo in DS2 plus some enemies/environments hit with corrosive damage but I've never taken even a katana below maybe 80% in the third game.