Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Like, I really suggest making some alts and running them through the dancer glitch in case you wanna do some PvP builds or DLC stuff later on, before it gets fixed.

It's real drat easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Like, I really suggest making some alts and running them through the dancer glitch in case you wanna do some PvP builds or DLC stuff later on, before it gets fixed.

It's real drat easy.

But all three of my current alts have beaten Vordt :negative:

Can you really buy the armor from the handmaid immediately without any additional ashes?

e: because that's the only reason I'd start over from scratch again, but it's a pretty good reason

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Your Computer posted:

But all three of my current alts have beaten Vordt :negative:

Can you really buy the armor from the handmaid immediately without any additional ashes?

Yep, the second Dancer is dead you can get her armour, and you get 52k souls if you've got the silver ring on, so you can literally get them right away.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you kill the immortal hollows in Cathedral of the Deep with a blessed weapon?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Emalde posted:

int/fth are a straight 40/40

Pyromancy Flame +10 || 180 + 192 (372) || Spell Buff 207

Astora Straight Sword +9 || 245 + 32 (277) || Carthus Buff: 466

Thanks as I suspected its not correct for real high spell buff.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My continuing trend of having my skill level be selected by a random number generator continues.

Still, feelin good about taking out the Abyss Watchers on the first go :buddy: +1 Flamberge, you and me are going places.

EDIT: Now... What to level up next with my indecisive not optimal in the slightest build...

cheetah7071 posted:

The suggestion I saw that I liked the most was that they could be summoned without your ember. So, less reliable than white or gold phantoms, but don't require a resource investment.

I keep seeing purple signs every so often while not embered. Though I've yet to have the nerve to touch them :v:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I'm noticing a new trend in PvP. Dudes with Greatshields and some sort of buffed Estoc.

loving. Annoying. Thankfully that kick ring exists so I can kick their shield and murder them with my own Estoc (that I only resort to whenever I duel another Estoc player)

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

TopHatGenius posted:

I'm noticing a new trend in PvP. Dudes with Greatshields and some sort of buffed Estoc.

loving. Annoying. Thankfully that kick ring exists so I can kick their shield and murder them with my own Estoc (that I only resort to whenever I duel another Estoc player)

it's real fun fighting these guys because they can't parry the astora greatsword charge + they feel really safe in committing to attacks meaning you get to blow through their shield and instakill them

also, i really don't get parry timing in ds3 still.
poo poo feels even more variable than ds2 pvp's which was at least semi-consistent

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 22, 2016

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Any places I can farm twinkling titanite? I'm about to fight Aldrich. It kinda suck that I've only been able to get one twinkling weapon upgraded so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Afriscipio posted:

Any places I can farm twinkling titanite? I'm about to fight Aldrich. It kinda suck that I've only been able to get one twinkling weapon upgraded so far.

You can buy infinite from the old lady shopkeeper much later. Also the later levels really start showering you with upgrade materials.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

double nine posted:

Can I still continue the Sirris questline if I already killed the Curserotten boss?

Yes. You're summoned into her world.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Adding to the fun of people stuck in T-poses I just had a player I invaded summon a yellow who was completely invisible :psyduck:

I'm probably going to go Estoc at some point just to enjoy abusing it a bit, anyone know the difference in damage between 40/40 refined and 10/40 sharp?

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 22, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's real drat easy.

Okay I just did it and it was way scarier than you make it sound. That loving rear end in a top hat Sword Master constantly pulls the boss towards you, and even while running around I just barely made it with 0 Estus.

Pictured: Said rear end in a top hat running towards me instead of the boss:

The method totally works, though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
any pro strats for the lothric princes and the nameless king.

I'm a melee warrior guy with a plus ten battle axe.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What are our favourite soul farming locations? I'm feeling a tad underlevelled. I'm up at the princes, wishing I had a little more stamina.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Also where's all the slider presets for DS3?

The character creator is real good at making nightmares from the deep but not so good at making normal looking humans.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

I'm giving up on bluecops. poo poo straight out does not work. 30-something hours of playtime with the covenant active and not a single summon.

Time to praise the sun. \o/

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Toiwat posted:

I'm giving up on bluecops. poo poo straight out does not work. 30-something hours of playtime with the covenant active and not a single summon.

Time to praise the sun. \o/

Honestly, regardless of level, I've been having really good luck with them, even up to 100-ish. Not sure if spoiler so: what blue cop covenant are you in? I go with Blades of the Dark moon and seem to get a lot of bites but I haven't played with Blue Sentinels at all since getting in. Maybe they get pulled more?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
am i locked out of getting the armour of thorns if i've completed the cathedral without being invaded?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

A few times with phantoms I've seen that symbol next to their name. Does anyone have any idea what it means? It's not a buffed weapon or anything and they were summoned in with it there already.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Your Computer posted:

Okay I just did it and it was way scarier than you make it sound. That loving rear end in a top hat Sword Master constantly pulls the boss towards you, and even while running around I just barely made it with 0 Estus.

Pictured: Said rear end in a top hat running towards me instead of the boss:

The method totally works, though.

I forgot to add he runs at you if you go too far away from him

whoops.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Decided to muck about with seed of a fallen giant. After 10 minutes of Benny Hill scenarios involving me, a red and two enemies running round a fountain I eventually get a red invader that I make friends with. A blue cop jumps in and well all start grinding out wau through the level. After 5 minutes a mad phantom invades who gives us the most :wtc:
series of gestures they can manage when they see they three of us palling it up. Of course they join in, and my rainbow squad proceeds to stomp the level in the gayest possible fashion. GOTY.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Tracula posted:

Honestly, regardless of level, I've been having really good luck with them, even up to 100-ish. Not sure if spoiler so: what blue cop covenant are you in? I go with Blades of the Dark moon and seem to get a lot of bites but I haven't played with Blue Sentinels at all since getting in. Maybe they get pulled more?

I am in that same covenant and got no hits despite wearing it nonstop from level 80 to 100

Seems like it's just busted for some people while it works for others?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jose posted:

am i locked out of getting the armour of thorns if i've completed the cathedral without being invaded?

Yes.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Hamsterlady posted:

Seems like it's just busted for some people while it works for others?

Dark_Souls_3_Covenants.txt it seems. I've had a lot of luck with most covenants and people in the same level range aren't.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

MooCowlian posted:

What are our favourite soul farming locations? I'm feeling a tad underlevelled. I'm up at the princes, wishing I had a little more stamina.

I was able to level up quite a bit around the same point by assisting against the Dragonslayer.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Tracula posted:

A few times with phantoms I've seen that symbol next to their name. Does anyone have any idea what it means? It's not a buffed weapon or anything and they were summoned in with it there already.

That shows up if both of you have voice chat enabled I believe.

or not, different symbol I guess.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 22, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tracula posted:

blue sword is they are over your level and have been scaled down

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've not seen siegward since I fought the fire demon. Have i messed the quest up or can I go back to find him?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Hamsterlady posted:

You can immediately buy the Dancer armor and show off your hot rear end.

Speaking of which, dancer top, smough bottom, 2h a straight sword or thrusting sword and tap block repeatedly. This is the optimal method for twerking.

People get confused when you twerk.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I should probably ask about stuff like this before I do it, but uh.. I don't lock myself out of anything important by murdering ol' Leonhard right?

I know I won't get his weapon or the soul he steals, but I only wanted his coat anyway. It's a nice coat :v:

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Luceid posted:

what SL are you doin this at because i'm jonesing to gently caress with people in the caves real, real bad. 30-35?

SL30, I can still invade Undead Settlement, I'd say you could push it quite a lot higher.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
It is done.

Now I can rest.. until the dlc.

Dancers rear end haunts my dreams..

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Tracula posted:

Sentinels. I think I'm close to where you get the other bluecop covenant. Do you think they get precedence over Sentinels in the summoning queue?

That'd be a terrible way to implement covenant interactions, but this is FROM so...

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

TheRam posted:

SL30, I can still invade Undead Settlement, I'd say you could push it quite a lot higher.

i invaded for like 2 hours in the catacombs at 48 and despite that character being a pyromancer experiment with a +9 flame at such a low level, i never had to wait more than a few seconds for a bite. either something is up with the matching or it was matching me with people whose phantoms themselves had +9 weapons. either way, i think i lost maybe two or three fights and i owe it all to manually aiming chaos fireballs

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Giant crab solution:

1) whack them in the face with a giant weapon
2) see step 1

I waited at the edge of their range and rolled in for a hit when they shot water. The forest crabs despawned before I could kill them this way, but the next ones you find stay around for the fight.

MooCowlian posted:

Does the game ever explain those weird plant dragon things floating around?

You can kind of infer what they are by their actions near the end. They support in one of the boss fights, attacking you with spells identical to the butterflies in Dark Souls 1, only it's dark type magic. I think it's implied that they got corrupted and hosed up by the Dark Souls 3 world having gone past its expiration date.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Siegward is in the well and i have his armour but i can't give it to him for some reaso

nevermind i bought his shield and forgot the legs

Jose fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 22, 2016

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Donnerberg posted:

You can kind of infer what they are by their actions near the end. They support in one of the boss fights, attacking you with spells identical to the butterflies in Dark Souls 1, only it's dark type magic. I think it's implied that they got corrupted and hosed up by the Dark Souls 3 world having gone past its expiration date.

Something about their whole aesthetic reminded me of the spirit that was inside the Bed of Chaos. Very long tendrils coming from a vaguely humanoid body.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So is the dancer glitch that you can summon the NPC phantom and he beats the boss for you? Does this work in ng+ too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tracula posted:

Something about their whole aesthetic reminded me of the spirit that was inside the Bed of Chaos. Very long tendrils coming from a vaguely humanoid body.

Nice! Yes, that's a way better comparison.