Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Nazi rally being held in anything named after Bialystock is one of history's great ironies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
The massive ties is the worst part about that organization imo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A Pale Horse posted:

You got your fascism in my communism!

Poland's having its own nazi moment right now. On Saturday a known nationalist sympathizer priest who has been moved around the country because everywhere he goes he organizes fascist rallies held a special mass in the Bialystok catherdral to honor the anniversary of the foundation of ONR, one of Poland's preeminent far right groups. During his sermon he said that leftism is a cancer than has to be cut out of society by the uncompromising morality of Nationalist-Catholicism. Afterwards they had a lovely jaunt down the city streets while chanting lovely slogans about hanging zionists, communists, killing muslims and of course Poland only for Poles! They ended their evening at a university affiliated night club where they were treated to a concert by Neo-Nazi group Nordica. The University with which the club was affiliated sent out an email to its international students, advising them not to go out into the city, walk the campus or even leave their rooms between 11:00 AM on Saturday and 3:00 AM on Sunday so as to avoid "unfortunate incidents" and warned that ONR is a racist organization. Now even for Poland, this is a rather distressing level of collusion between church and extreme right wing organizations. The church was forced to react and gave the priest in question a complete ban on all public appearances, organizing of any events, leading of pilgrimages, or otherwise coming out of his room basically. That this is the third straight place he's done this was left without comment. Times are getting more interesting by the moment.

Edit: Bonus Pictures

Here's the mass.

And here's the young patriots in their natural state:

At least the local curia were fast to apologise and distance themselves from this debacle. Wonder if they'll finally do something about the priest, too.

E: LMAO, went through his twitter and among other things he believes that the Pope might be a secret Muslim and that the third Fatima secret is just about that.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 20, 2016

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Yeah, I'd be surprised if no one did anything about such a turbulent priest

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Paladinus posted:

At least the local curia were fast to apologise and distance themselves from this debacle. Wonder if they'll finally do something about the priest, too.

Polska dla polakow pijakow. :v:

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

And here's the young patriots in their natural state:

But really, why are the ties so broad and short? I thought that half the appeal about nazism was the stylish Hugo Boss uniforms, and they pick some low budget one size fits all brown shirts...

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Latvia's new 5 Euro collector coin.

gotta go fast

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat

Zudgemud posted:

But really, why are the ties so broad and short? I thought that half the appeal about nazism was the stylish Hugo Boss uniforms, and they pick some low budget one size fits all brown shirts...

They are wearing the same style of ties that was the norm back when the Nazis were a thing, and to some extent into the sixties: These old fashioned ties were supposed to taper well above the belt line. However, these guys are wearing modern, low resting trousers that were not fashionable at the same time as the shorter neck ties. Instead the trousers would reach much higher on the waist, and so the apparent shortness of the tie would be diminished by there being a much narrower gap.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Brown shirts are old fashioned. At least Polish game developers can get with the times.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448370/

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Rincewinds posted:

Brown shirts are old fashioned. At least Polish game developers can get with the times.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448370/
Isn't that by the Hatred crowd? I remember reading somewhere that they had a neo-nazi bent.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
If their CEO is any indication, you could say they have a slight bend to the right. :v:

quote:

“ISIS [said a] few years ago they will smuggle their members among so called ‘refugees’ and they actually do, we all know that, I suppose? That's the first thing,” Zieliński said. “Second is that sorry, but I don't believe in the positive intentions of most of these ‘refugees.’ Most of them are coming to Europe to live as lazy-rear end social funding suckers. Not for honest work, not to bring anything positive here. Of course, there are some good people among them, who are simply seeking a better life and I don't have anything against them. But it's a small minority among these masses. Third thing is that these Muslim immigrants are not adapting to European culture and customs and they don't intend to and don't even try to convince me it is different. I believe most of Europeans know that nothing good is coming from taking a shitload of these immigrants. So there's nothing to demonize, they've demonized themselves.

“Also, there's nothing about Muslims in general to demonize, just read their holy book and some things are going to be obvious. And don't believe in ‘it's a matter of interpretation’ attitude, as it's complete bullshit.”

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/is-defense-is-islamophobia-the-game

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

Isn't that by the Hatred crowd? I remember reading somewhere that they had a neo-nazi bent.

The fact that hatred is basically a neo nazi power fantasy should really tip you off.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

quote:

Most of them are coming to Europe to live as lazy-rear end social funding suckers.

I can't even process how anyone in Poland could seriously think this is a thing. Oh no, what shall we do about all these moslem darkies lining up to barely feed and clothe themselves in lowest quality poo poo and maybe sleep in someone's basement/attic. Like what even is this magic trick that sets you for life with sweet benefits, I'm betting this idiot has never actually set foot in an emplyment office. I don't know how it works in richer EU countries, but don't you typically have to be a resident for a number of years before you even qualify for anything?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

steinrokkan posted:

The fact that hatred is basically a neo nazi power fantasy should really tip you off.

From what I remember reading up on the guy, he was nationalistic, but not explicitly fascist (as malleable a word as that is).

So probably a supreme rear end in a top hat, but maybe not closet Nazi.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think it's a fitting illustration of our era of generalized mass unemployment that the racist cry of "they're going to steal our jobs" has been replaced by "they're going to steal our welfare".

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

I think it's a fitting illustration of our era of generalized mass unemployment that the racist cry of "they're going to steal our jobs" has been replaced by "they're going to steal our welfare".

Living off welfare payments for a long period of time is definitely a bad thing, and since most of those immigrants have little in the way of qualifications I don't see their situation changing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

From what I remember reading up on the guy, he was nationalistic, but not explicitly fascist (as malleable a word as that is).

Reminds me of the neo-folk controversy: Are the musicians fascists, or do they merely make music for fascists? And is there a difference?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Reminds me of the neo-folk controversy: Are the musicians fascists, or do they merely make music for fascists? And is there a difference?

Well, neo-fascists seem like the fastest growing market segment in Europe these days, so the second category might just be soulless capitalists instead. :shrug:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

OddObserver posted:

Well, neo-fascists seem like the fastest growing market segment in Europe these days, so the second category might just be soulless capitalists instead. :shrug:

Soulless capitalists, aka fascists who want to pretend they're smarter than other fascists.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Eastern Europe: You. Me. Everyone. Hitler. Don't ask how it works.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

StandardVC10 posted:

Eastern Europe: You. Me. Everyone. Hitler. Don't ask how it works.

Now, that is a good thread title. Actually, is it short enough to be the D&D subtitle?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs replied to my second email to them with their evidence of MH17 fakes. I'll be publishing it in full later with our reply, but here's a preview

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/723256602590097408

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rinkles posted:

They wouldn't admit to it officially because that would be very bad for their careers but in local circles everybody knows that they're fascist.

It's like the one bench on the main walkway in Gdansk where Neo-Nazis hang out every Saturday at set hours and anybody who wants to join them can come make friends. But good luck on reading about a "Neo-Nazi bench' despite everybody knowing what it is.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Palpek posted:

It's like the one bench on the main walkway in Gdansk where Neo-Nazis hang out every Saturday at set hours and anybody who wants to join them can come make friends.

4/20 birth Adolf every day.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

More fighting in Ukraine.

https://inforesist.org/u-boevikov-ogromnyie-poteri-iz-za-podryiva-boekomplekta-v-blindazhe-karta-ato/

quote:

Militants huge losses due to the detonation of ammunition in the dugout. Map ATO

Over the past day in the fighting in the ranks of the dead Ukrainian soldiers there, 2 - injured. This happened in Verhnetoretskom result of shelling by the enemy. This was told today in the traditional daily briefing Speaker of the Ukrainian Presidential Administration on ATO Colonel Andrei Lysenko.

Lugansk area
Yesterday 5 enemy attacks. Traditionally, the militants showed activity near the Luhansk Villages. Once again, under enemy fire was closed KPVV. Additionally, NVF provocation took place in Trehizbenke and gold.

Donetsk direction
Yesterday, the 10 enemy attacks. Every second was a mortar. "Hot spots" in the forefront: Lugansk, Gorlovka agglomeration (Zaitseva, Kirov), pos. Verhnetoretskoe, Avdeevka.

Mariupol direction
It was the most hostile provocations - 15. In general, the enemy broke the silence mode in Marinka and Shirokino. Several times ATO forces opened fire in response.

Summary GUR MO
During April 20-21, the loss of personnel 1 (Donetsk) and 2 (Lugansk) AK Russian Armed Forces consists of six soldiers dead and 32 wounded:

April 20 killed five and wounded 30 soldiers in the explosion of ammunition in the dugout 14 Infantry Battalion 4 separate motorized rifle brigade (Alchevsk), 2 AA in Novotoshkovskogo area;

April 21 killed one soldier assault 9 separate motorized rifle regiment of marines (Novoazovsk) and 11 soldiers were wounded, two separate motorized rifle regiment (Makiyivka) 1 AK, which operated as part of sabotage and reconnaissance groups.

Meanwhile, in Estonia.

https://twitter.com/b9AcE/status/722832656069570560

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 22, 2016

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Brown Moses posted:

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs replied to my second email to them with their evidence of MH17 fakes. I'll be publishing it in full later with our reply, but here's a preview

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/723256602590097408

So while working on our response to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' email it's become apparent their "evidence" is plagiarised from a Livejournal, going as far as lifting entire paragraphs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brown Moses posted:

So while working on our response to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' email it's become apparent their "evidence" is plagiarised from a Livejournal, going as far as lifting entire paragraphs.

Hey, that's not fair. You gather evidence in social networks all the time! :v:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Hey, that's not fair. You gather evidence in social networks all the time! :v:

I genuinely think that could be their reply.`

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brown Moses posted:

I genuinely think that could be their reply.`

I suspect the ministry got a hefty amount of money to counter enemy propaganda, but instead it's just one unpaid intern browsing hashtags and copypasting stuff from livejournal.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Paladinus posted:

I suspect the ministry got a hefty amount of money to counter enemy propaganda, but instead it's just one unpaid intern browsing hashtags and copypasting stuff from livejournal.

We actually know exactly who wrote it because they sent it in a Word document and didn't strip their metadata. We've already found their Facebook pages, confirming they work for the Russian MFA. Here's an example of their plagiarism:

quote:

В качестве доказательств - десятки фотографий из социальных сетей, на которых изображены какие-то солдаты с размытыми лицами, боевой техники с плохо читаемыми бортовыми номерами, к тому же непонятно где находящейся

quote:

В качестве доказательств – десятки фотографий из социальных сетей, на которых изображены какие-то солдаты с размытыми лицами, боевая техника с плохо читаемыми бортовыми номерами, к тому же непонятно где находящаяся
Exactly the same, except one uses "–" and the other "-".

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Latvia's new 5 Euro collector coin.

It's a coin based on folk tale about hedgehog. Long story short, childless family suddenly did get a hedgehog son named Sonic, who helped them by herding their pigs in the forest. Then Sonic he scammed local king riding through a forest to marry his daughter. The daughter on the marriage night did burn Sonic's his needle coat. This made Sonic him suffer until the morning, upon which he turned into a handsome guy, and they lived happily forever after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5HszDJE7b4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brown Moses posted:

We actually know exactly who wrote it because they sent it in a Word document and didn't strip their metadata. We've already found their Facebook pages, confirming they work for the Russian MFA. Here's an example of their plagiarism:

Exactly the same, except one uses "–" and the other "-".

It just went through spell checker. There's also one grammatical error they've corrected (боевой техники -> боевая техника).

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Leszek Balcerowicz, the father of Polish economic transformation and the staunch defender of austerity and privatization, became Poroshenko's representative in Ukrainian government. Somehow I doubt this will end well.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

kalstrams posted:

It's a coin based on folk tale about hedgehog. Long story short, childless family suddenly did get a hedgehog son named Sonic, who helped them by herding their pigs in the forest. Then Sonic he scammed local king riding through a forest to marry his daughter. The daughter on the marriage night did burn Sonic's his needle coat. This made Sonic him suffer until the morning, upon which he turned into a handsome guy, and they lived happily forever after.

I think that got retconned when Penders sued Archie.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's the evidence of their plagiarism
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2016/04/22/mfa-plagiarism/

And the letter (and our reply) itself
https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/articles/2016/04/22/the-russian-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-presents-its-evidence-of-mh17-fakery/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

kalstrams posted:

So that's where the human-hedgehog romance in Sonic 06 is lifted from...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brown Moses posted:

I'm sincerely impressed that the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is demonstrating as much competence in their online arguments as a 13-year-old debating Star Wars vs. Star Trek.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Same, except my american history teacher was a lazy know-nothing who substituted actual teaching with films like Apocalypse Now and just assumed we learned poo poo.

My 9th Grade history teacher was also the football coach. My favorite instance was during Black History Month when an African-American studies professor came in to give us a talk and watch a video. It went find until the end when he shared a gem of wisdom along the lines of: "Don't forget, this is still fairly recent, barely 40 years ago. Some of these guys are still alive. Hell, Malcolm X looks better now than he did thirty years ago." The professor didn't say a word after that, since we corrected him almost immediately. I think he mixed Malcolm up with Farrakhan or something.

This didn't give hope when our World Cultures teacher was the wrestling coach. Fortunately, his wife was like stupid rich and they went all over the world and he could relate a lot of his experiences. The Eastern Europe section was particularly interesting because he did relief work there when he was younger, including some of the conflicts in former Yugoslavia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Plan Z posted:

Hell, Malcolm X looks better now than he did thirty years ago.

That's a good quote for a KKK member, funny enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So, Putin appointed Tatjana Moskalkowa to mainly protect the human rights of Russians not living in Russia. LMAO prepare for more wars.

Fortunately OPEC is defunct now and low oil prices will help burn down the Russian economy completely. Can't wait for the collapse to finally happen.