Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rabidsquid posted:

Not showing the LSV vs Finkel match is absolutely horse poo poo and I am reminded again why I quit watching pro mtg

They are really dumb. There are literally hundreds of people typing "show LSV v Finkel!" and the twitch mods threatened to time out anyone who continued to actually offer feedback to what they want to watch.

And then they go to game two and Finkel gets mana screwed so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.

qbert posted:

They're showing it.

Aaaaand it's gone. Two non-games, apparently.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
finkle just got destroyed by lsv......lsv lsv lsv!!!!!!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sickening posted:

They asked for donations and raised a lot of money and delivered nothing. Don't use pucatrade.

Trick is also moderating twitch chat if you want to troll him.

its a reasonable way to turn draft chaff into usable cards. I don't expect to get snaps, fetches etc. but there are plenty of good cards to pick up that trade frequently.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Eurgh, Finkel suffers a karmic backlash after the game he had with Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa a few PTs back where exactly the same thing happened to his opponent.

Manaflood/screw is literally the worst thing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

LSV types in chat to go back to LSV v Finkel.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sickening posted:

So they can't seem to keep the stream quality from being poo poo. I am shocked.

it's actually twitch's fault this time

watch the youtube stream instead

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
What the gently caress is a Cally-toss?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Errant Gin Monks posted:

What the gently caress is a Cally-toss?

Kalitas

Also, please stop showing Bant Company on stream FFS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

80s James Hetfield posted:

Kalitas

Also, please stop showing Bant Company on stream FFS

Thats the worst part of them choosing not to show LSV Finkel game 1, for more fuckin Bant Company.

Also LSV 6-0, Kibler 3-3, there is justice in this world after all

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
LSV is winning with Blisterpod, Cryptolith Rite, and Loam Dryad? That's pretty spicy! How does the deck win?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

clamiam45 posted:

LSV is winning with Blisterpod, Cryptolith Rite, and Loam Dryad? That's pretty spicy! How does the deck win?

The opponent drawing no lands, or just a bunch of critters and Nantuko Husk plus Zulaport Cutthroat.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

clamiam45 posted:

By getting out a lot of creatures, turning them sideways, the cuthroating what life is left.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Not showing the LSV vs Finkel match is absolutely horse poo poo and I am reminded again why I quit watching pro mtg

finkel's deck didn't perform well that match, but i agree with the sentiment

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Finkel was on last round, LSV had coverage round four. Not too shocking they put up some players that haven't been on stream yet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hellsau posted:

LSV types in chat to go back to LSV v Finkel.

It's amazing how a toxic group of people like the mtg pro player scene could produce someone as amazing as LSV

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Sickening posted:

By getting out a lot of creatures, turning them sideways, the cuthroating what life is left.

Hellsau posted:

The opponent drawing no lands, or just a bunch of critters and Nantuko Husk plus Zulaport Cutthroat.

Cool, thanks. Are there payoff cards that make use of the extra mana from Cryptolith Rites? Or is it just to dump your weenies faster?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

clamiam45 posted:

Cool, thanks. Are there payoff cards that make use of the extra mana from Cryptolith Rites? Or is it just to dump your weenies faster?

Makes it so you can dump you hand and still cast cc end of turn.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nobody gives a poo poo about seeing Esper vs Bant over two legendary pros?? I don't want to watch Doug Davis of Canada piloting Bant Butt Holes against Zlatan Karlsson piloting Esper Dragons, just because we already saw Finkel on camera once.

I am sure it sucks for the randos but you shouldn't pass up an opportunity to show two legendary players squaring off OR brand new decks in favor of old meta ones, let alone both together at the same time

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

This match is so hosed. Avancyn shouldn't have flipped because the creatures exiled. They also didn't deal the 3 from the flip.

Now shota has to take 3 extra damage is now two and avancyn stays flip.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Well this is a shitshow. 10 Level 5 judges standing around can't catch this incorrect trigger?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Shouta even checked if Avacyn would flip with Kalitas out and was told yes. Utter bullshit.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Shouta even checked if Avacyn would flip with Kalitas out and was told yes. Utter bullshit.

Shoota also got a warning from the judge for allowing the trigger to resolve. Infinite bullshit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
One more round of standard today?

Sickening posted:

This match is so hosed. Avancyn shouldn't have flipped because the creatures exiled. They also didn't deal the 3 from the flip.

Now shota has to take 3 extra damage is now two and avancyn stays flip.

Weird. Is it because life totals are trivial to update, whilst the gamestate isn't?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Yeah... that was pretty incompetent of the judging staff.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

How do you know this?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Weird. Is it because life totals are trivial to update, whilst the gamestate isn't?

They caught the mistake like 2 turns later so by then it was way too late to reverse the gamestate.

Rinkles posted:

How do you know this?

They showed him explaining this to the judge on stream.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rinkles posted:

How do you know this?

A couple of turns before the flip, he called a judge over and while I don't remember the exact words, I could tell the conversation was about Avacyn flipping.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

To be fair when was the last time standard had good "Exile Target Creature" effects?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm so glad that Twitch died during the Deck Tech.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Some Numbers posted:

I'm so glad that Twitch died during the Deck Tech.

What deck? I'm not at home

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Count Bleck posted:

To be fair when was the last time standard had good "Exile Target Creature" effects?

We just had 2 years of Anafenza, so it shouldn't be that hard to make the leap.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

What deck? I'm not at home

Dark Pact/Crush of Tentacles control.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Youtube link for more reliable video and live rewind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlRPVIwo7hI

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

Rinkles posted:

Youtube link for more reliable video and live rewind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlRPVIwo7hI

This. Also, Dezani vs. LSV for King of the Hill. Fantastic.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

LSV's turns have been insane.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
LSVs deck is loving insane.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
god lsv owns, please go undefeated and win the pro tour

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
LSV flashing the Westvale Abbey and Dezani just scoops. That deck is loving INSANE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
are other people on CFB on LSV's deck?

• Locked thread