Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

Nope, no idea where that is

Then the woods is where you need to go. Go to the mist and hug the left wall until you get to the ruins. You need to fight a naked scorpion lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Aldrich is super easy, but goddamn that arrow poo poo in the fire phase is annoying as gently caress

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
invading people in the Ithryl dungeon is pretty good, especially with the ring that makes you stop glowing

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

invading people in the Ithryl dungeon is pretty good, especially with the ring that makes you stop glowing

Jailers :argh:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
welp i found anor lando 2.0

and of course I got immediately arrowed in the chest and plummeted to my death.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

welp i found anor lando 2.0

and of course I got immediately arrowed in the chest and plummeted to my death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

so pretty sure ive killed every boss, including optional and hidden bosses, aside from the final one. and hes the fuckerest fucker out of the gaggle of bullshit fuckers they throw at you, no joke. his arena is very reminiscent of the final battle in bloodborne too, game is like fromsofts greatest hits

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Bought an xbox one controller because I wanted to go wireless. Been using the same 360 controller since 06 figured time for an upgrade. Brand new out of box the left stick had drift on it causing me to always run forward. Gonna exchange and try a different one but if this poo poo happens again just gonna stick with old faithful I guess.

I'm taking my sweet drat time with this game and the catacombs are by far the worst. I just get scared by all the spooky skeletons :saddowns:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Bought an xbox one controller because I wanted to go wireless. Been using the same 360 controller since 06 figured time for an upgrade. Brand new out of box the left stick had drift on it causing me to always run forward. Gonna exchange and try a different one but if this poo poo happens again just gonna stick with old faithful I guess.

I'm taking my sweet drat time with this game and the catacombs are by far the worst. I just get scared by all the spooky skeletons :saddowns:

just wait til you get past the catacombs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

If it's slight just adjust your deadzone.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If it's slight just adjust your deadzone.

If the second one has it then I'll figure out what the gently caress this means and how to do it but I got a gamestop on the way home and the controller in my car so I'm going to do that first.

It also wouldn't accept quick inputs. For example I like to run in super fast circles when I'm trying to get a host's attention and the controller just couldn't handle it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/GUYHXsb.webm

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Man, getting a mimic you aren't ready for is always a hoot

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They're easy to spot so it's his own damned fault. Chain end facing you, mimic. Facing away, safe.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They're easy to spot so it's his own damned fault. Chain end facing you, mimic. Facing away, safe.

I'm talking as a new, innocent player.

Also, I always shoot the chest first with a bow and arrow, if numbers come up, I keep shooting

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you can also clip the camera into the chest and if you see nasty teeth and poo poo in there its a mimic!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It would be funny if you got a different animation from getting eaten while wearing the Armor of Thorns.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I swear to god there's like a 5:1 ratio on mimics vs actually chests in this loving game. I found 3 of them so far in the Dungeon and I haven't even cleared the Capital yet :argh:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bolow posted:

I swear to god there's like a 5:1 ratio on mimics vs actually chests in this loving game. I found 3 of them so far in the Dungeon and I haven't even cleared the Capital yet :argh:

dungeon is really the only area that is prime mimic territory, most other chests are what theyre advertised to be. also theres no trap chests so thats nice

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Xbox one controller update. Replaced it, got a cooler color (its like bronze or something) and it works flawlessly. Just got a defective one first time. Feels p good and now my desk is wire free minus easily hideable poo poo like keyboard and mouse cable (can't be wireless because I need zero latency for el1t3 g4m3zing).

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
I havent played a DS game in a loong time (put about 90 hours into DS1, didn't play DS2).

Took me 45 minutes to beat the first boss before Firelink.

Turns out I forgot a lot of gitting gud.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

play dark souls 2 its good

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

play dark souls 2 its good

This, even more so for SotFS

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

This, even more so for SotFS

omg yes SotFS owns

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo. Think I'll be pissed if I finish 3 before I go back to 2? It's not like I didn't already buy 3.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

thetechnoloser posted:

Well poo poo. Think I'll be pissed if I finish 3 before I go back to 2? It's not like I didn't already buy 3.

Finish 3, then get SotFS and play it. It won't suffer from having played 3 first

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thetechnoloser posted:

if you have two on PC upgrade to sotfs

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The graphics quality of SoTFS makes Bloodborne almost unplayable. How does DS3's graphics compare to SoTFS?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

The graphics quality of SoTFS makes Bloodborne almost unplayable. How does DS3's graphics compare to SoTFS?

They're comparable

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mustang posted:

:what:

Booblord Zagats posted:

They're comparable

:what:

Dark Souls 2 looked like garbage. All muddy textures and either shapeless terrain or blocky indoor geometry. Very few environments were at all memorable—the DLC areas, sure, but in the base game, you have what? Heide's Tower of Flame and Drangleic Castle? Both Bloodborne and DS3 completely outclass it in terms of either detail or plain beauty.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 23, 2016

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

SoTFS looks and runs a hell of a lot better than DS2. Bloodborne might look great and interesting but the framerate is horrible.

Anyways, worked my way up to Drangleic Castle, was able to upgrade my sunset staff a few times and dark orb is now hitting like a truck. Have a Silverblack Spear that's maxed out and also hits pretty hard, just need to find a darkstone so I can dark infuse it.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mustang posted:

SoTFS looks and runs a hell of a lot better than DS2. Bloodborne might look great and interesting but the framerate is horrible.

I've only ever played the SotFS version of DS2, so that's what I meant.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Weird, I think it looks really good. Main thing I like is it runs completely smooth, was really weird trying out Bloodborne and having such a lovely framerate.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sotfs doesnt look like garbage, but it isnt jaw dropping. what it did have, however, was a solid 60fps on ultra with a 970. ds3 certainly looks nicer, but i also have noticed a lot of frame rate issues, especially in the later areas

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea man Dark Souls 3 is like really cool and fun. Tech issues on the ps4 aside, it's a loving great game.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here's a 1080p cap of my 1440p play. Yeah, I suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDRT4og7Is

Graphics are gud.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

thetechnoloser posted:

Here's a 1080p cap of my 1440p play. Yeah, I suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDRT4og7Is

Graphics are gud.

Use your lock on button duder. You're going to have an easier time and you'll save weapon durability by not hitting the environment so much.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea man Dark Souls 3 is like really cool and fun. Tech issues on the ps4 aside, it's a loving great game.

i finally sat down and played a bunch. beat the first real boss and had a good time

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
gently caress Farron Keep so goddamn hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

gently caress Farron Keep so goddamn hard

im on the road of sacrifices for my ng+ run, and was clearing out the swamp of those gnarly crabs. was in the middle of fighting one of the big bastards when a watchdog of farrom invaded me. little did she know, im the loving soul of cinder, so loving rip in poo poo nerd

her corpse wasnt even done disappearing before i got another watchdog invading me, so i walked back to the bonfire and waited. this dork was pretty cautious and approached me with his shield up. too bad it only took 2 strikes before i staggered him, and i have enough stamina to swing 5 times. pinned him against a tree and disemboweled his bitchmade self. then i took a dook on his body

the time stamps on those pics are 2:30 minutes apart :twisted:

• Locked thread