Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I know I've shilled it before but I've got Shazbot Syndicate all pretty

http://www.shazbotsyndicate.com/

You know, if you want to listen to (what I think) is some pretty good space music.

i've been listening to shazbot syndicate for a while now, and never thanked you.

Thank you, dear space music provider, and nice job on making it all pretty. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

KakerMix posted:

You know, if you want to listen to (what I think) is some pretty good space music.

This is the best thing. You are the best goon, Kaker.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

KakerMix posted:

Listening now. This is cool, thanks.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mQCv6x3mkI

Imagine two of these on a corvette. :haw:

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Looks cool that C4 beams and multicannons have a little bit of unique flavor to them. A redesign across the board so that larger classes of weapons gradually feel less pew pew and more like heavy ordnance would be cool but probably doesn't justify the work. Everything in the Road to Beta videos so far looks exciting.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Wish they could just shove those largehuge weapons into the game already. They can change the stats later I just want that multicannon

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Wish they could just shove those largehuge weapons into the game already. They can change the stats later I just want that multicannon

Right? It's some Galactica poo poo and I want need it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I need this in my life now

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ohhhh yeahhhh :fap:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Gonna lol forever at pubbies still insisting the 'Vette is bad after 2.1.

"Only 1 C3 :byodood:"

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Gonna lol forever at pubbies still insisting the 'Vette is bad after 2.1.

"Only 1 C3 :byodood:"

Thing about the Corvette is, bullet for bullet it's pretty much as powerful as the Anaconda, for sure. The big difference is in manouverability, which is super important for bigger slower ships, in which the Corvette is clearly better than the Anaconda, and in survivability, in which the Corvette has those all important class 7 slots for shields and batteries. The Corvette will have shields for days on top of pretty great armor, which gives it along the lines of twice the effective hit points of the Anaconda. All told, the Corvette is and will be amazing as a pure slugger in combat.

I just like my Anaconda better because it looks cooler :colbert:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All I know is that I want that multi-cannon goodness on the belly of my FDL right fuckin' now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

Thing about the Corvette is, bullet for bullet it's pretty much as powerful as the Anaconda, for sure. The big difference is in manouverability, which is super important for bigger slower ships, in which the Corvette is clearly better than the Anaconda, and in survivability, in which the Corvette has those all important class 7 slots for shields and batteries. The Corvette will have shields for days on top of pretty great armor, which gives it along the lines of twice the effective hit points of the Anaconda. All told, the Corvette is and will be amazing as a pure slugger in combat.

I just like my Anaconda better because it looks cooler :colbert:

You don't have to tell me. I've been a Corvette fanboy since day one. I'm hoping with 2.1 I can sink a poo poo ton of credits into it with bespoke engineer modules.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Don't worry, they will put out a module meant for explorers that lower the effective mass of your ship and it will have the side effect of making a corvette handle like an eagle and FDev won't notice until it's too late.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TomR posted:

Don't worry, they will put out a module meant for explorers that lower the effective mass of your ship and it will have the side effect of making a corvette handle like an eagle and FDev won't notice until it's too late.

Yaaaaas

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Whoa those videos make me almost regret selling my FdL.

Then I think that I will be able to put 3 large multicannons on my Python and all is well again. :getin:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Gonna be a lot of dead corvettes if that becomes the case.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You don't have to tell me. I've been a Corvette fanboy since day one. I'm hoping with 2.1 I can sink a poo poo ton of credits into it with bespoke engineer modules.

I think it's amazing on paper, it just looks so loving ugly. I really hate that chrome-and-carbon militarized look in a spaceship, like some sort of commando discount Star Destroyer. And honestly, for its size I think it's dumb that it's not slow and unwieldy with just a fuckton of weapon hardpoints. I'm talking several huge, large and medium hardpoints meant for turrets to turn that thing into an actual Cruiser type ship that can do just about everything. It just looks like a brawler and a heavy duty hitter much more than a fighter. If that makes sense.

I've had a hard time deciding if I should go for it or stick with my conda, but in the end I decided against it. I just don't like it and I probably wouldn't be happy in one.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Any word on c4 frags? :q:

timn
Mar 16, 2010

I think it's amazing on paper, it just looks so loving ugly. I really hate that chrome-and-carbon militarized look in a spaceship, like some sort of commando discount Star Destroyer.

Look at this scrub who doesn't have the black friday paint job. :smug:

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Corvette looks loving amazing, Black Friday or no. I'm glad you people think your uggo anacondas look like anything other than dog crap formed into a wedge with a weird tail flange, because that means I can fly the real murder triangle and be a special snowflake doing it. :smuggo:

timn
Mar 16, 2010
To be fair I do quite like the top side of the anaconda, my only beef is that the boxiness of the undercarriage looks like it belongs on a different ship.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OMgaDgFGq4
One thing with the new outfitting UI is that it looks like there's no 'compare' utility - so to compare a pulse laser vs. a different type of laser for example, you have to go in and out of the main weapon types screen. Wondering if they'll add an option at some point to just load up all lasers, all projectiles etc. as otherwise that could be a bit of a pain.
Generally looks good though.

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

:flashfap:

Get a load of the punt-cannon shells too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBO3mjktETQ
Is volcanism on planets new with Engineers? Also, they said they're adding in crash sites - did they decide not to add crash sites to planets in the original Horizons release? Only interested because they showed an awesome crash site in I think their first livestream reveal of on-planet gameplay.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I want to be able to smell the fear and desperation through my phone/pc. Please visit said link and vote appropriately.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=243893

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

timn posted:

To be fair I do quite like the top side of the anaconda, my only beef is that the boxiness of the undercarriage looks like it belongs on a different ship.

Yeah. Dramatic silliness aside, that's the only real problem with it. I never noticed until I went exploring and came up under one in an SRV, but the undercarriage really does make it look like some kind of unholy type-9 and python fusion.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

timn posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn't have the black friday paint job. :smug:

Is there literally any way to get the black friday paint job if you missed it by a short time?

Can you even buy it?

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Kavros posted:

Is there literally any way to get the black friday paint job if you missed it by a short time?

Can you even buy it?

Nope. Sorry.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
As far as I'm aware no, unfortunately. It's not on the store last I knew. I don't see a reason for them to not release it since the Horizons preorders still got a deal by getting it for every ship.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

El Grillo posted:

Is volcanism on planets new with Engineers?
No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o2OruHzd2I

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Huh. The rear end end of the diamondback from that angle looks kind of like the front end of a snowspeeder. For a second I got really excited and thought they had added in a space wedge that didn't look like garbage.

a .. wedge antilles?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Holy poo poo, this new newsletter. Large explosives buff, and a gun mod that instantly shatters the shields of anyone shot while trying to use a shield cell? :rip: big ships

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Ice ring mining, audible station com chatter, and previews of the new mission giver interface.
That is some good news, alright.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Holy poo poo, this new newsletter. Large explosives buff, and a gun mod that instantly shatters the shields of anyone shot while trying to use a shield cell? :rip: big ships

Sidewinders with modified railguns, cruise missiles and modified engines will be the new top-tier.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

I think it's amazing on paper, it just looks so loving ugly.

I belive the conda and vette are on par in combat as it stands. The conda has a beefy hull tank and better dps, and I don't think it's that much less agile

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsJ7e2oDuc

Aww...

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Making all those icy rings have a purpose beyond trolling players is a neat little idea. But I'm guessing planets with icy rings won't get their exploration payout adjusted upwards, because that would make sense and I'm cynical.

Also I'm getting anxious because we get all those infos about Engineers, but so far zero stuff to do with exploration. Apart from ice mining and missions, this update seems to be all about weapons, weapons, weapons.

Nice for people who like to shoot, but right now it looks like explorers get a kick in the nuts, and that's it. Man I'm hoping so hard that I'm wrong.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Libluini posted:

Making all those icy rings have a purpose beyond trolling players is a neat little idea. But I'm guessing planets with icy rings won't get their exploration payout adjusted upwards, because that would make sense and I'm cynical.

Also I'm getting anxious because we get all those infos about Engineers, but so far zero stuff to do with exploration. Apart from ice mining and missions, this update seems to be all about weapons, weapons, weapons.

Nice for people who like to shoot, but right now it looks like explorers get a kick in the nuts, and that's it. Man I'm hoping so hard that I'm wrong.

Horizons was in many ways an explorer's update. I mean just driving around in the SRV increases your exploration rank. I know there weren't fancy modules to buy, but there were whole new worlds to land on.

I'm okay with this update appeasing the pvp/pve side of the game.

Maybe the next update will fix the background sim and trading.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The thing that excites me the most about this video is the clock on the top right screen.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

legooolas posted:

What does that give over the £35 I paid for the Lifetime Expansion Pass? I seem to get betas and all the seasons, and I only bought it because I felt bad about playing, er, "evaluation versions" of Elite: Frontier and possibly First Encounters.

Uhm.... the game? :v:

To elaborate a little, at the time it was something like 40€ the game, 40€ Lifetime Expansion 20€ Premium Beta access, which was beta access a couple of months earlier than the "paesant's beta". Plus of course access to any further beta, ships and other benefits for the beta-ers (both premium or paesants) so yeah beefy enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Atrayonis posted:

Ice ring mining, audible station com chatter, and previews of the new mission giver interface.
That is some good news, alright.

Anybody have thoughts on the 'They will even notice if you drop off the scanners" comment?

I'd expect just flavor. But I'm sure some pure strain Real Elite Players are hoping that means they cancel your docking permissions if you are in silent running.

• Locked thread