Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Team chumps deadly assassin, lets them get away to torment them later on, show just keep on chuggin'...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Now don't get me wrong, a part of me is rooting for this Pilgrim lady for basically doing God's work but how are her cray-rear end methods not loving up the timeline too?

I should just stop thinking

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

BrianWilly posted:

Now don't get me wrong, a part of me is rooting for this Pilgrim lady for basically doing God's work but how are her cray-rear end methods not loving up the timeline too?

I should just stop thinking

The Time Master probably just think the interruption caused by the Pilgrim is less than what the Team would do if left unchecked. They are right.

Especially since Rip recruited them BECAUSE they themselves were to have negligent impact on history.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo it's the Looper treatment

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh we were so close to a Felicity cameo. :geno:

Even if Kendra reincarnates...wouldn't killing this lifetime's version of Kendra -- like, when she was a barista or whatever -- still kill the Kendra who's with the team right now?

:sterv:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo they're going to be running a nursery

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
This is the episode that is taking the shark jumping over it backing up, kicking it in the face, taking a massive dump on it and then proceeds to go forward. I just can't look away from this trainwreck, I need help.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this is the dumbest possible thing but Sara and Kendra cooing over baby Snart was cute.

Celia Imrie!

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
Please do kill your younger self that would be the best thing that could happen.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I would be shocked if the way out of this wasn't to kill the earlier version of the Pilgrim or Time Master elders.

edit: ahahahaha younger Rip is great.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 22, 2016

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
William Hunter :black101:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Geeeez.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
Please let it be part one of a 2 part series finale this show cannot go on.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I was rooting for the Time Pilgrim.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah I think the only people still watching this show on here were rooting for this outcome, but then you know young rip would have just time traveled and done some bullshit to counter their deaths.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

6-year plan man posted:

Yeah I think the only people still watching this show on here were rooting for this outcome, but then you know young rip would have just time traveled and done some bullshit to counter their deaths.

Nah, I still like Ray and Sara and the Professor dude. Just wish they were in a better story.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Robot Hobo posted:

That was the best part of the episode for me. It was such an awesomely brutal move, and so completely against his character, that I just could not stop laughing for a bit. More of that, please, sensibility be damned.

I forgot this happened until I started reading these posts. lmao why the hell did he do that???

FilthyImp posted:

This is one of my faves, because it reminds me of those crazy catdrugs episodes of Hercules where Kevin Sorbo, 90s actor, was actually Hercules and the Greek Gods would gently caress with him while he was prepping his lines for Hercules TV or trying to find parking in LA.

Uh...what?? Is this real?

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 22, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is terrible. We have now have a full on trifecta of horrible DC television.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Well I liked this episode. :colbert:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
it was stupid, but stupid in a fun way. Not like Flash or Arrow

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I think they ended up doing some fun stuff with the dumb premise. Li'l Hunter shivving someone was a good thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think they ended up doing some fun stuff with the dumb premise. Li'l Hunter shivving someone was a good thing.

If the overarching plot wasn't about killing Vandal Savage and all relatively terrible, this would've been a somewhat dumb episode that was a little too all over the place. Instead, it's still the latter bit, but not all that terrible in comparison.

And yeah, I did not expect Kid Hunter to shiv the Pilgrim and that was a really clever ploy as she was in the middle of monologuing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

it was stupid, but stupid in a fun way. Not like Flash or Arrow
Oh yeah I'm always gonna be snarky about the wanky dumb time travel plot-holes, but like 90% of this episode was mega entertaining. All these interactions with their past selves was incredible and should happen more often. Even Jax got something worthwhile to do which is a minor miracle onto itself.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"We have, quite literally, run out of time."

Run out of time, eh?

I know the one legend you haven't called in yet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha lil Rip :ese:

kid will stone cold shank a bitch to get some food. this is your captain folks.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Pretty disappointed she didn't kill a single one of them. At least she fared better than the bmx paintball crew from last week.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This would have been the dumbest piece of time travel in this show yet if Flash hadn't already beat them to the punch this week with the time-remnant nonsense.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Time travel is dumb and we need to accept that. By extension time travelers are dumb, as evidenced by Mick being the most responsible and educated one of the group.

Once you can get over that hump, this show becomes a whole lot of fun. :)

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

This entire episode. The less I think about this show the more I enjoy it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

*Hypertime

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Prop-master for the show really needs to stop using gaming mice as future-tech gadgets. Especially when the actors decide to show they're doing a thing by clicking the mouse buttons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"The Pilgrim must act with precision, it's why she only gets one shot at killing us."

*the Pilgrim murders indiscriminately throughout time*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"The Time Masters will do anything to stop disruption to the timeline! But they have to act carefully to prevent the timeline from being further disrupt--"

"I WOULD KILL AS MANY BABIES AS IT TAKES TO ACCOMPLISH MY MISSION."

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I watched this episode because I heard it was directed by Rachel Talalay (Tank Girl, Doctor Who). Other than a minor obsession with one-shot takes, and somehow grabbing on to Celia Imrie, I didn't think it was too showy, but I was impressed with the construction of several of the sequences. The climax, where the camera travels through / past the entire cast so that we think we've seen the entire room, only to reveal young Rip Hunter, was actually pretty clever and stylish.

Show's pretty... eh... though.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
This show is embarrassing enough because of its plot failures, but what was extra embarrassing this week was the fact that they were so transparent in the fact that they couldn't procure the actress who played Stein's wife on Flash or the actress who played Lisa on Flash to even get them to make a a cameo appearance and had to work around it in a completely awkward fashion with some "shooting a stand-in from the back" and "Oh, she's in the other room, you just missed her" shenanigans.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 22, 2016

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013
The only two female main characters gossip about getting engaged to a man, then spend the very next scene cooing over a baby. Has this show actually managed to pass the Bechdel test at any point?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hatrocious posted:

The only two female main characters gossip about getting engaged to a man, then spend the very next scene cooing over a baby. Has this show actually managed to pass the Bechdel test at any point?

I mean just off the very top of my head there was Sara helping Kendra with her bloodlust. I'm pretty confident there was also dialogue between Sara and her '50s nurse that didn't revolve around the male doctors, but I might be wrong.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hatrocious posted:

Pretty sure Sarah and 1950s nurse had a conversation entirely based on wanting to bang each other without coming right out and saying it.

Does that count? :v:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Look, I just want them to stop spending every scene with Hawk Girl focusing on her love life and more time getting her her trademark mace and smacking fools with it.

Is that too much to ask? She has other things in her life besides being an ex-barista and having a lover, right? Right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Is that too much to ask? She has other things in her life besides being an ex-barista and having a lover, right? Right?
Yes; no; no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

She's also always looking for a magical dagger... and she regularly gets creeped on by Vandal Savage...

• Locked thread