Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

One problem with this is valve need some kind of system in place if you change phone number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Why are people crying about inferno being moved off rotation, just select it in your mm queue it's still going to have players, jeez

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

One problem with this is valve need some kind of system in place if you change phone number.
I'm sure Valve has thought this new system through entirely...right? :shepface:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

symbolic posted:

e: Oh yeah, remember coldzera's amazing AWP play during the major?

So does Valve.

I need this in high resolution. I'd put that on my wall

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Also Inferno getting removed was a foregone conclusion (it was hinted at in the game files) so why are y'all so surprised? Good riddance to that garbage map.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I like inferno, but I also like newke and I can't wait for pro teams to be playing matches on it. Really don't know why everyone's freaking out.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I don't like inferno but my homies like inferno so I'm glad that I can still play that map

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

MrSmokes posted:

I like inferno, but I also like newke and I can't wait for pro teams to be playing matches on it. Really don't know why everyone's freaking out.

It's pretty funny that all the pro players are melting down about it apart from NiP who are all ecstatic.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Honestly though the prime upgrade is a thing I've been waiting for like 2 years and I'm glad they finally implemented something to restrict MM queue, although I have no idea what took them so long to do it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I wish they'd bought in de_season instead of nuke, but otherwise cool change.

e:

An even cooler change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8f4kUGwOg4

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 22, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

qhat posted:

Honestly though the prime upgrade is a thing I've been waiting for like 2 years and I'm glad they finally implemented something to restrict MM queue, although I have no idea what took them so long to do it.

I imagine they were waiting for a certain % of people to have prime eligible accounts, otherwise one or both of the MM queues is going to suck.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Finally getting our money's worth. About drat time!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Had my first overwatch cases tonight and holy poo poo, people report the dumbest poo poo.

basically wah wah we lost must be hacker

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I wish they'd bought in de_season instead of nuke, but otherwise cool change.

e:

An even cooler change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8f4kUGwOg4

https://youtu.be/zWRmoLAY8hE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Also Inferno getting removed was a foregone conclusion (it was hinted at in the game files) so why are y'all so surprised? Good riddance to that garbage map.

What if it's not surprise but outrage you're seeing? What if (crazy concept) people like playing inferno?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Out with Comp Cobble and in with retooled Office. Quietly add AK-47 | Whiteout to the collection.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Spiros posted:

What if it's not surprise but outrage you're seeing? What if (crazy concept) people like playing inferno?

Well as a society should not cater toward such lunatics

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i decided to open a case and got a gut knife blue steel field tested

i will be selling it for smash bros amiibos

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I hope Prime queue gets enabled for this weekend

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Inferno will always be a good map, but it always feels slightly off in CS:GO so maybe they will tweak it and it will be better again.

I haven't played Tiny Nuke in Competitive, but it is most definitely a terrible map for Casual, all of the big-map things that made Nuke fun with a lot of people are now small-map things that make it really annoying.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Even though I'm all mobile authenticated and stuff, my super cheapo budget phone number doesn't qualify, bleh. I guess it makes sense they want to keep the barrier to entry from being too low, but it's rather unfortunate to mean I'll be in the worse queue.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

I wonder if prime accounts will only queue with other prime accounts. They mentioned priority so, I assume it'll fill up the MM with as many primes as it can find then fall back on non-primes. Hopefully they add some way to publicly identify a prime account either on the scoreboard with an icon, or on the profile.

I like the concept and have a feeling it could definitely improve the quality of gameplay.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I don't really see this curbing the dedicated cheaters but hopefully it will cut down on the overall numbers. Another possible side benefit is it might cut down on the number of Russians I have to play MM with.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

qhat posted:

I hope Prime queue gets enabled for this weekend

If there's one thing Valve is known for it's moving extremely quickly so I think this is likely.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Icept posted:

I don't really see this curbing the dedicated cheaters but hopefully it will cut down on the overall numbers. Another possible side benefit is it might cut down on the number of Russians I have to play MM with.

I've been playing with more SA people lately (apparently their servers got shut down?) and most are... Not great. Some of them are good players/teammates though, just like NA I guess

Edit:
SA := South America
Also it seems the General csgo population is pretty racist unless you shame them, then they tend to relax on it.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I'm sure there are some friendly / cool / skillful / non-toxic Russian cs players, I just haven't played with one yet.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Thorgot posted:

If there's one thing Valve is known for it's moving extremely quickly so I think this is likely.

I don't know about you but as soon as I opted into prime this morning, the displayed average queue time for all maps (even D2) jumped up to like 2-3 minutes for me. I didn't actually queue yet but it looked like it put me in a smaller pool? Idk

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Katana Gomai posted:

I don't know about you but as soon as I opted into prime this morning, the displayed average queue time for all maps (even D2) jumped up to like 2-3 minutes for me. I didn't actually queue yet but it looked like it put me in a smaller pool? Idk

I signed up for it last night and I queued 4-5 games, and most games I got within under 1 minute. Which is odd considering I was playing 2am-6am CST, generally I end up waiting 3-4 minutes at some point.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Loving Life Partner posted:

gently caress.....

I just saw an impressive level of trolling. These 2 guys in a comp match got someone banned for team kill on round 2 by shooting each other to near death then standing on their decoy grenade (I forgot what happened in the first round), we're all like "what the gently caress?"

So we try to keep playing after getting a bot, and we're doing pretty well, and they called for a molly on tunnels, so i tossed one and they both died cause they were nearly dead, I just laughed thinking it was a goof.

Next time I threw a molly one of them ran right onto it and died and i got kicked, and I finally realized what the gently caress they were doing, I can't even be mad, it's too funny lol.

From a while back but report these dicks for griefing in the future. People who pull this poo poo annotation the hell out of me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I also didn't realize that reporting people for griefing actually ended up in overwatch stuff. Out of the 3 overwatch things I did last night, 1 of them was someone obviously reported for griefing.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Icept posted:

Nothing can reduce the number of Russians in matchmaking. Even if you banned all connections from Russian IP addresses, they would still find a way in.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

confirm/deny : Brazil is NA's Russia

aff porro

CasualTR
Apr 22, 2016

My Hunk of Silicon is better than your Hunk of Silicon

MF_James posted:

Had my first overwatch cases tonight and holy poo poo, people report the dumbest poo poo.

basically wah wah we lost must be hacker

I have yet to come across a legitimate hacker in the cases i have bothered to view.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

CasualTR posted:

I have yet to come across a legitimate hacker in the cases i have bothered to view.

I figured I would do my due diligence since I'm given the option now, but yeah it was dumb, the first 2 were hackusations and the guys were awful, but went like 24-3, must have been silver level poo poo from the looks of it. Both of those were boring, no crazy poo poo except 1 headshot through the smoke with an awp. The 3rd was a griefer that basically afk'd in spawn and moved every so often so he didn't get kicked, it was boring and I just alt-tabbed away after 2 rounds.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

qhat posted:

confirm/deny : Brazil is NA's Russia

aff porro

Some might confirm but I'm going to say deny. NA's russia is USA.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CasualTR posted:

I've had a waller or two, and I think a triggerbot, but 95% of the time it's either griefing or someone playing well.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
The key to overwatch is that anyone that continuously flips/rotates between their knife/gun and constantly stabs the air is someone that hacks

MF_James
May 8, 2008

trigger bot seems hard to conclude since you're watching a 32tick recording. Smoke/flash doesn't show up correctly and sometimes things are moving too fast for what you're watching. Walls/aimbot would generally be pretty easy to see though imo, although I have done a lot of "overwatching" for servers that I admined back in original CS

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MF_James posted:

trigger bot seems hard to conclude since you're watching a 32tick recording. Smoke/flash doesn't show up correctly and sometimes things are moving too fast for what you're watching. Walls/aimbot would generally be pretty easy to see though imo, although I have done a lot of "overwatching" for servers that I admined back in original CS

Generally speaking people don't just triggerbot when they cheat and when they do triggerbot only they usually aren't particularly fluid. It's gonna be impossible to get 100% positive ids but I think you'll know when somebody is cheating usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Mischievous Mink posted:

Even though I'm all mobile authenticated and stuff, my super cheapo budget phone number doesn't qualify, bleh. I guess it makes sense they want to keep the barrier to entry from being too low, but it's rather unfortunate to mean I'll be in the worse queue.
Run a virtualized Android os and tie a Google voice number to it. Problem solved.