Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

I too would like to play with goons who don't internet detective over a dumb space game.

Maybe do some roaming through lowsec/null if there still are viable small gang areas, for when mining gets boring :)

I'm sorry do you not know what the M and the C and F mean??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Narciss posted:

I guess so, I'm just not sure how "it's a concern troll" addresses the abhorrent nature of the act. At least say I made it up, or something.

This is the cue for the most prolific thread posters to start Stimming and posting animal gifs.

You didn't make it up, you lied by omission to give the appearance that this was ~just a goon thing~. Namely, removing context to make Aryth seem like he was endorsing the act (which even out of context should tell you a lot of other people were not happy).

The whole thread ended with the culprits and their defenders being mocked and in one case trolled out of the alliance which further erodes the image you are trying to promulgate.

But you knew all of this since it was undoubtedly deliberate. Bait post, FC what do?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Morris posted:

You didn't make it up, you lied by omission to give the appearance that this was ~just a goon thing~. Namely, removing context to make Aryth seem like he was endorsing the act (which even out of context should tell you a lot of other people were not happy).

The whole thread ended with the culprits and their defenders being mocked and in one case trolled out of the alliance which further erodes the image you are trying to promulgate.

But you knew all of this since it was undoubtedly deliberate. Bait post, FC what do?

Gate is red, gate is red, gate is red, if you jumped you just died.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Famethrowa posted:

I too would like to play with goons who don't internet detective over a dumb space game.

Maybe do some roaming through lowsec/null if there still are viable small gang areas, for when mining gets boring :)

There is always groon friend

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Xachariah posted:

Gate is red, gate is red, gate is red, if you jumped you just died.

If you died in one of my ships send isk to Jarna Civire at Jita sell!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

There is always groon friend

Is Syndicate still dead and bad?

I wonder if Groon would take me, I started EVE running with A Bad Syndicate alliance, 7th Sanctum or something.

Tactical Teabaggers4lyfe :v:

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 22, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

evilweasel posted:

lemba's not doing them, he gave all of his logs to pl to try to get them to take him in

they took the logs and then said thanks but no thanks to his app so now he's in some no-name alliance

Couldn't he just high five Endie and join BAT?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

I'm afraid that would be against the spirit of the Corp, friend. It is purely mining and being nice to people.
This is why I wasn't expecting applications. I know a lot of people might get quite bored of it!

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

I'm afraid that would be against the spirit of the Corp, friend. It is purely mining and being nice to people.
This is why I wasn't expecting applications. I know a lot of people might get quite bored of it!

Where is your mining empire based? This is important.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Lemba doesn't have enough karma on reddit to be taken under the bosom of endie

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

probably, but endie might not let in his handful of remaining hangers-on

speaking of which, now that darius flamed out in a huff over xenuria, how long do you think it's going to take for him to post a thread on reddit about how all ~true goons~ should follow him out into whatever vanity corp he creates to feel space important again while still not daring to confront any ~true goons~ on sa

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

ChickenWing posted:

Time to warp, the time taken to align and get up to the required speed to enter warp.

It means that bumping freighters until you can muster up enough dudes to murder them is significantly more difficult

It also means that moving supers is largely risk-free as long as you have a POS and a middle-of-sun BM to put a cyno in. Jump super, initiate warp to POS while you're bumped, go get a sandwich.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

evilweasel posted:

speaking of which, now that darius flamed out in a huff over xenuria, how long do you think it's going to take for him to post a thread on reddit about how all ~true goons~ should follow him out into whatever vanity corp he creates to feel space important again while still not daring to confront any ~true goons~ on sa

Why are you guys so quick to preemptively slander people who, as far as the rest of us know, left peacefully and in good standing? I've been following this whole drama because it's hugely entertaining, and all I've heard about DJ is that he said "I'm not really feeling the Imperium, I'm leaving but I don't hold any enmity against Goons."

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

evilweasel posted:

I doubt that he gives a poo poo

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Famethrowa posted:

Is Syndicate still dead and bad?
It's sort of coming back to life. Syndicate missions are now fairly lucrative thanks to some recent changes, and there's been a noticeable uptick in activity.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Narciss posted:

Why are you guys so quick to preemptively slander people who, as far as the rest of us know, left peacefully and in good standing? I've been following this whole drama because it's hugely entertaining, and all I've heard about DJ is that he said "I'm not really feeling the Imperium, I'm leaving but I don't hold any enmity against Goons."

Lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

evilweasel posted:

Yea, kinda shocking how Darius "True Goon" JOHNSON has been silent in this thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Narciss posted:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Narciss posted:

Let's just say DJ did not leave peacefully. His final posts to gf.com were both A) wide-spread, and B) featured a wide spread (and a gold ring).

Also, shut up, idiot.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

He tried, we declined.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Narciss posted:

Heh.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

He tried, we declined.

Bad cultural fit?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

by the way, if darius does form a new corp i'm calling it 'here be dargons' regardless of what he names it

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rhymenoserous posted:

Bad cultural fit?

Let's just say that I just wasn't feeling it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

ilu endie lets be friends :3:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

ullerrm posted:

Let's just say DJ did not leave peacefully. His final posts to gf.com were both A) wide-spread, and B) featured a wide spread (and a gold ring).

Also, shut up, idiot.

Now you've really got his goat, see...

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

I miss you endie. All our war updates lack humor.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ilu endie lets be friends :3:

i thought we were?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wow you speak in past tense im hurt

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wow you speak in past tense im hurt

don't you turn this around on me you're always doing that

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

It also means that moving supers is largely risk-free as long as you have a POS and a middle-of-sun BM to put a cyno in. Jump super, initiate warp to POS while you're bumped, go get a sandwich.

Isn't the cyno in a sun considered an exploit by CCP?

I remember that being brought up a few months ago but I forget if they made any official announcement on it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Bad cultural fit?

Ever heard the term "once a cheater, always a cheater?" Lemba's never going to wash that baebanja stink off him.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

ullerrm posted:

Also, shut up, idiot.

I thought Goatse was the secret goon handshake.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I remember that being brought up a few months ago but I forget if they made any official announcement on it.

"oh sorry, i didn't know, I won't do it again next time" but your titan is still alive

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Harassing a streamer over her dead grandfather? The toppest of keks! Posting goatse on our private forum? Now you've gone too far. Prepare to be unfriended on facebook, skype, and ALL tmdc social media platforms. You will never see that yacht again.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also charity (Care 4 Kids) XL Citadel is gonna be a project people do. :eyepop:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

They were "talking about it" with some concern, but never made an official ruling on it, AFAIK. (Besides, as you know, GM enforcement of rules is selective and arbitrary and depends entirely on their mood, time of day, phase of the moon, and whether or not you're on the CSM.)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

don't you turn this around on me you're always doing that

im really good at it though :(

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Narciss posted:

Harassing a streamer over her dead grandfather? The toppest of keks! Posting goatse on our private forum? Now you've gone too far. Prepare to be unfriended on facebook, skype, and ALL tmdc social media platforms. You will never see that yacht again.

only the very best for OUR people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

evilweasel posted:

Probably a more dangerous prospect than ever now that the other goons are squatting in low sec rather than living it up in crystal-city Deklein.

Endie posted:

Was it because he is of the "Asian persuasion"?

Be honest. I saw brave heart. I know how Scots feel about non-Scots... and other Scots, and horses, siege craft...people in general. Anything concerning a broadswords really..

• Locked thread