Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

WrightOfWay posted:

Steel Ball Run just turned into Brewster's Millions. Part 7 is great.
The ending to that arc is probably my favorite thing in all of JoJo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And this is why Gyro is my favourite character in all of JJBA :allears:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I really like how each arc starts with a page or two of Gyro and Johnny having the sort of conversation about stupid bullshit you'd expect from two friends.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Valentine's the best Jojo villain period

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Valentine's the best Jojo villain period

He really is.

Valentine is basically a better version of Pucci.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode ends when the missiles are returned into Keicho.
There's probably time to get introduced to Oku's dad though yet.

Quality episode though.

e: Nothing after the credits, the next episode is called Nijimura Brothers 3 but it'll definitely go into Koichi's echoes.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 22, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What's next week's episode called? Echoes 1?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

koichi what did you loving do

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

What's next week's episode called? Echoes 1?

Niji 3

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-heaven-launches-june-28-americas

Eyes of Heaven in America June 28

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 22, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

"Worse Company"

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Moltrey posted:

koichi what did you loving do

Well, Josuke must be Batman, because it looks like this show's Robin just laid an egg.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

By a David staffer on twitter.
https://twitter.com/asikoh009?lang=en

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 22, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Mountain Tim died in the mud like a dog.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Mountain Tim died in the mud like a dog.

He died

Lonesome-me.

Also Mountain Tim is interesting to me because he comes across as the most kind of 'noble' person in SBR so the fact he isn't the hero and in fact dies like he does was one of the points where it became clear this was not going to be a simple, focused story where 'The Good Guys' are all just and noble and win always.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I def feel like Tim would have scooped Lucy up if she let him, though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I love how he says this before a purely petty spiteful doublecross attempt with a total bold face. What a well-written piece of poo poo.

I'm giving part of the blame to that soldier who gave that hosed-up handkerchief speech to a small child who immediately got his "patriotism" and "narcissism" wires crossed though. What the hell, dude.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 23, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm pretty sure that this is the first time we've seen on screen onomatopiea since DiU started airing, which is fitting since Echoes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

I'm pretty sure that this is the first time we've seen on screen onomatopiea since DiU started airing, which is fitting since Echoes

Nah, theres been a few here and there, like when Koichi got his neck smashed in the gate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There have been other rare moments of onscreen sound effects. Josuke's mom getting Worlded was one but they've scaled it back hugely for DiU for whatever reason.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's okay, the sound effect stand is here to make up for that.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There have been other rare moments of onscreen sound effects. Josuke's mom getting Worlded was one but they've scaled it back hugely for DiU for whatever reason.

presumably so it's clearer that they're the effect of echoes when echoes comes in

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is it any good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's bad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Yinlock posted:

I love how he says this before a purely petty spiteful doublecross attempt with a total bold face. What a well-written piece of poo poo.

I'm giving part of the blame to that soldier who gave that hosed-up napkin speech to a small child who immediately got his "patriotism" and "narcissism" wires crossed though. What the hell, dude.

My favorite part about the napkin thing is that he yells about it to people who presumably have no idea what he's talking about.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

presumably so it's clearer that they're the effect of echoes when echoes comes in

Ahhh, yeah, that makes sense

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the napkin thing always made me wonder if I was being taken on a ride by the translators because it hardly makes sense how he tells other people about it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Makes enough sense really. There's a napkin to each side of you and the first person to take one decides which one everyone else will take to ensure they get one.

It's symbolism, obviously, but to take the first napkin is to set the laws and rules.

"Suppose that you were sitting down at this table. The napkins are in front of you, which napkin would you take? The one on your ‘left’? Or the one on your ‘right’? The one on your left side? Or the one on your right side? Usually you would take the one on your left side. That is ‘correct’ too. But in a larger sense on society, that is wrong. Perhaps I could even substitute ‘society’ with the ‘Universe’. The correct answer is that ‘It is determined by the one who takes his or her own napkin first.’ …Yes? If the first one takes the napkin to their right, then there’s no choice but for others to also take the ‘right’ napkin. The same goes for the left. Everyone else will take the napkin to their left, because they have no other option. This is ‘society’… Who are the ones that determine the price of land first? There must have been someone who determined the value of money, first. The size of the rails on a train track? The magnitude of electricity? Laws and Regulations? Who was the first to determine these things? Did we all do it, because this is a Republic? Or was it Arbitrary? NO! The one who took the napkin first determined all of these things! The rules of this world are determined by that same principle of ‘right or left?’! In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers’. In the case of this table, the ‘eldest’ or the ‘Master of the party’ will take the napkin first… Because everyone ‘respects’ those individuals"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, Steel Ball Run is so loving good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

In other words, Valentine wants to be the one to take initiative and set an example for how everyone else should act. He's going to shape the world in his vision through example.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Momomo posted:

My favorite part about the napkin thing is that he yells about it to people who presumably have no idea what he's talking about.

My favorite bit is when he meets another Valentine who just casually wishes him good luck with the napkin. Even when he's just after diamonds, the napkin analogy holds.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVgXCMIYec

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The whole napkin analogy works especially well with the time period SBR was set in. Things like the gauge of trails and the wattage of electricity and what kind of fuel would power cars were actually happening, and the ripples of those decisions still effect us today. Valentine is not only a quintessentially American villain, but a 19th century American villain.

Araki is a good writer.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX8Kc8gnPnU

This is maybe my favourite Funny Valentine video.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no, I definitely understood the point Valentine was making, it was just really funny hearing him talk about it to other people

unless I'm imagining that happening because I have the flu and I haven't read SBR since last year

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"Worse Company" lmao

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurora posted:

"Worse Company" lmao

Can't wait until we meet Very Spicy Cayenne Peppers

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

warner owns RHCP, so that's probably one of the few things we shouldn't have to worry about

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Still better than "Destroying Army" though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Joestar posted:

warner owns RHCP, so that's probably one of the few things we shouldn't have to worry about

Get ready for Light Orange Picante Habanero Chile