Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Firestarter is poising itself to be the first 3 day heist where it has a bunch of tie-in poo poo in every day. Goats in the FBI HQ and now Punks in the alleyway. I wonder what day one will get.

Goat will be replaced by a second server full of Death Vox suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
loving hell. I listed that GL40 skin for $46. I thought it was a bit steep, being its one of the more damaged skins. It sold in less than 10 minutes. Should have listed that poo poo for a hundred.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait wait wait. Can the dual MP5s get Straight Mag 10mms? If so, :getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Wait wait wait. Can the dual MP5s get Straight Mag 10mms? If so, :getin:

They can, it's great.

Isn't having a tattoo of your own mask a bad idea? Especially on rolled up sleeves

It's kinda badass though.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Hobold posted:

loving hell. I listed that GL40 skin for $46. I thought it was a bit steep, being its one of the more damaged skins. It sold in less than 10 minutes. Should have listed that poo poo for a hundred.

:eyepop:

Jesus Christ. Congratulations.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
So I haven't played in a long time but with the new skill trees and akimbo SMG's now out I've been kinda itching to get back at it. Only problem is I had to format my computer a while back and havent started payday up since then. Is my character saved on my computer and does that mean I would have to start over from scratch again finding all my mods and getting all my infamies back? If that's the case can someone link me to a something so I can just hack myself back to what I was before and then I can get back to clicking cops.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hobold posted:

Doubt someone would have bit on that. That's about the upper limit for an epic in a bad condition; a mint or lightly marked this early into the safe's life cycle could have though. The only outlier I can think of is somebody paying over $100 for the very first Helvete to market, which was also in bad condition.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

BlackCircle posted:

So I haven't played in a long time but with the new skill trees and akimbo SMG's now out I've been kinda itching to get back at it. Only problem is I had to format my computer a while back and havent started payday up since then. Is my character saved on my computer and does that mean I would have to start over from scratch again finding all my mods and getting all my infamies back? If that's the case can someone link me to a something so I can just hack myself back to what I was before and then I can get back to clicking cops.

It should save it for you. I've played on several different PCs, and haven't had a problem.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
The new skill trees aren't out yet, but welcome back anyway. There's a lot of new sweet heists waiting for you.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze

Skill tree discussion or whatever, probably not worth watching but it's there if you want to

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They're talking about removing shotgun impact and folding the bonus into the base shotgun stats. It won't happen when the beta drops but they're aware it's not an interesting choice.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Oh Body Expertise won't just explode dozers (it will give a 4x multiplier instead of 17x), that's kind of nice.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Hotfix just hit which I assume is about the car doors not opening because Twitch is a dick.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Plan Z posted:

Goat will be replaced by a second server full of Death Vox suggestions.

10 servers. I've sent them a lot of email.

BTW, how would folks feel about being able to steal from the donor boxes in The Diamond?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I would feel sated. It was the first thing I noted out loud about that heist when I first played it.

I want to steal the Tubmans within.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Steal all the Andrew Jacksons to burn them and force production of the Tubman bucks early.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

BTW, how would folks feel about being able to steal from the donor boxes in The Diamond?

Unethical, IMO

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ammo Pickup is getting nerfed across the board but no longer will special shotgun ammos get penalized.

Unsurprisingly they don't understand dodge. There's disagreement over whether or not Low Blow should be in Commando. "You're trying to create a Dungeons & Dragons Rogue." I can't tell the voices apart but one guy wants Low Blow to go into Silencers.

Grindr and muscles are getting nerfs (grindr will get health back at a slower rate; they're not sure about muscle, perhaps make it so that it doesn't heal when suppressed which is dumb imho, I'd rather exactly the opposite)

Unseen Strike and Low Blow would stack multiplicatively rather than additively? Unseen Strike is intended for sniper builds.

Deagles are going to get nerfed.

Dance instructor will be <15, possibly but not likely % based.

Feign Death's 75% of going back up is going to get nerfed, they think it's OP (I think it competes with Swan Song, which is the real challenge for it).

Messiah might have a prompt for if you want to go up when you get a kill (like hit jump). The smart sounding guy thinks that would be too complicated and would prefer that it only triggers on secondary kills. Messiah might recharge on 3 downs rather than on medbag use to curtail huffing.

Nine Lives is tier 2.

Berserker will be tier 3.

Frenzy will lead to a slight EHP drop? I didn't understand this entirely.

They intend to make melee have more features (i.e. less just pure dps).

:same:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

How would people feel about some sort of goon rush after the beta hits, to try to help Overkill extract head from rear end with regard to balance? They're clearly confused, and god help us if they just listen to the Steam pubbies.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So as someone who hasn't played since the safe/drill stuff went live, how is the game now? I remember there being really weird balance decisions made around skins having better stats than normal guns. Is it still a thing? Does it matter? How much DLC would I need to buy if I was current up till that whole mess?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tulip posted:

Grindr and muscles are getting nerfs (grindr will get health back at a slower rate; they're not sure about muscle, perhaps make it so that it doesn't heal when suppressed which is dumb imho, I'd rather exactly the opposite)

Conceptually, it would even make sense to invert the two: The Muscle gets back health by being, well, muscle, while the Grinder gets back health by pulling aggro from teammates. I can't imagine they'd make as drastic a change as that, though, so yeah, make muscle only regen while you're suppressed and give me an excuse to hold the front line instead of play Bag Sim 2k16.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I wonder when are they fixing those medieval weapons just showing through all walls and just floating there? It's creepy and shouldn't be too big of a fix. Edit: In the museum I mean.

CascadeBeta posted:

So as someone who hasn't played since the safe/drill stuff went live, how is the game now? I remember there being really weird balance decisions made around skins having better stats than normal guns. Is it still a thing? Does it matter? How much DLC would I need to buy if I was current up till that whole mess?

Game is good, skins don't matter and you can actually mod yourself some better guns and also you can have mods that are just straight-up stat boosts like more ammo, more concealment/acc/stab. Paid DLC after Crimefest includes Point Break (hella good heists and baby deagle aka best pistol), Goat Simulator (very nicely varied heist, passable secondary shotgun) and Wolf Pack (good heists, secondary MGL, free for the owners of PDTH Wolf Pack). There's also a bunch of free stuff.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CascadeBeta posted:

Only 3 paid DLC have hit post Crimefest and they're both heist packs, Goat Simulator, Wolf Pack (I keep loving forgetting about it because I got it free) and Point Break. The Hardcore Henry Heists are free as well as their character, his weapons, and most importantly the Akimbo Sub machine guns that he brought with him. Skins offer nothing monumental as far as hard stats go and are inconsequential to Weapon Boosts that you can get through regular loot drops/Goonmod Gage Coins. Almost every gun is good now a days with the flamethrower and LGMs being able to pick up ammo and removal of their speed penalties, and with the skill tree remake we are about to enter, the Enforcer will have weapon skills built entirely around making them even better.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 22, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're talking about removing shotgun impact and folding the bonus into the base shotgun stats. It won't happen when the beta drops but they're aware it's not an interesting choice.

Cool, I complained loud enough to change that. Now they should use my other shotgun ideas.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CascadeBeta posted:

They introduced "weapon boost" mods, which provide the same bonuses as skins do, are dropped like normal weapon mods, and which will override the skin stat boost (if one is equipped). Ultimately I think they should have released the weapon boost mods with the skins, it would have defeated a lot of the criticism.

Most of the skins are ugly. Someone made a decent website for previewing skins but keep in mind whatever mods you put on the skin can affect how it looks dramatically.

The crimefest weapon rebalance touched every gun in the game. The good news is that most of the silly hidden stats got nuked. Stance modifiers and pellet counts got standardized, and the only weapons that get ammo pickup modifiers are special weapons, snipers, and guns using specialty ammo. The bad news is you're going to have to learn what the new breakpoints are, and the new system generally pushes players towards the higher-damage guns over the lower-damage ones.

The best news is that LMGs now have bipods that turn them into headshot machines when deployed, and they pick up a hilarious amount of ammo.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 22, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Single-shot weapons, LMGs, and the flamethrower were big winners in the rebalance, whereas autosnipers and shotguns were the big losers

you can still make anything work, mind you.

like the AMR-DMR is probably the best weapon in the game if you can aim at faces. Yes, better than the 308. It's absurdly good.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Oh gently caress I love LMGs. Maybe it's time to reinstall.

Edit: Does goonmod still work with the cosmetic stuff or did that all have to get removed when skins came out?

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 22, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Cool, I complained loud enough to change that. Now they should use my other shotgun ideas.

Yeah. Everyone keep in mind that especially lately, Overkill is really listening to player feedback so make sure you tell dumb pubbies how dumb they are.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
games fun possibly

good????????? can someone confirm

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

CascadeBeta posted:

Edit: Does goonmod still work with the cosmetic stuff or did that all have to get removed when skins came out?

goonmod works for all masks. It does not do weapon skins, obviously.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Afraid of Audio posted:

games fun possibly

good????????? can someone confirm

payday 2 is better than this thread about payday 2

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Discendo Vox posted:

goonmod works for all masks. It does not do weapon skins, obviously.

The goonmod weapon customizer still works as well, though you can't both put a skin on and use the customizer.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

Oh gently caress I love LMGs. Maybe it's time to reinstall.

Goonmod still has a weapon customizer, so you can make your own skins. Although after the latest update trying to customize any weapon or mask has crashed my game, sooooo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

IGN gave this thread a 3/10

ClonedPickle posted:

Although after the latest update trying to customize any weapon or mask has crashed my game, sooooo

This was resolved earlier today in r29. Wilko is great.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 22, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Psion posted:

you're making a lot of good points

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Psion posted:

nonsense goons are reasonable people

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Dare ye touch the goonstove?

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Question: is the shotgun 101 achievement bugged?

I was saw bitch with a street sweeper yesterday on a h&t job, shot a ton of cops (for a saw bitch :v:), had over 100 kills and 106% accuracy...and I still didn't get it. didn't murder anyone with the saw, though I did use melee a few times - does it want you to use a shotgun and exclusively a shotgun or what the hell's going on here

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

Not exactly setting a high bar are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

M.Ciaster posted:

Question: is the shotgun 101 achievement bugged?

I was saw bitch with a street sweeper yesterday on a h&t job, shot a ton of cops (for a saw bitch :v:), had over 100 kills and 106% accuracy...and I still didn't get it. didn't murder anyone with the saw, though I did use melee a few times - does it want you to use a shotgun and exclusively a shotgun or what the hell's going on here

The payday wiki has this to say:

quote:

Despite the requirements of this achievement claiming you only need to get a 101% accuracy stat, you need to not miss at all as well as killing at least two enemies with a single shot to obtain the achievement.

I don't think it's necessary to get kills exclusively with a shotgun.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 22, 2016