Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

M.Ciaster posted:

Question: is the shotgun 101 achievement bugged?

I was saw bitch with a street sweeper yesterday on a h&t job, shot a ton of cops (for a saw bitch :v:), had over 100 kills and 106% accuracy...and I still didn't get it. didn't murder anyone with the saw, though I did use melee a few times - does it want you to use a shotgun and exclusively a shotgun or what the hell's going on here

It specifies you need to be only using shotguns so you would not have gotten it by being saw bitch. The lesson here is never be the saw bitch.

The easiest way to do this is to use 2 shotguns; one with HE to stun groups and one with about 40 to 50 accuracy for easy multikills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

M.Ciaster posted:

Question: is the shotgun 101 achievement bugged?

I was saw bitch with a street sweeper yesterday on a h&t job, shot a ton of cops (for a saw bitch :v:), had over 100 kills and 106% accuracy...and I still didn't get it. didn't murder anyone with the saw, though I did use melee a few times - does it want you to use a shotgun and exclusively a shotgun or what the hell's going on here

According to the wiki, looks like you also need to not miss at all to get it, and get at least one double kill. Weird, since I'm pretty sure I missed a couple shots when I got it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Dr Cheeto posted:

The payday wiki has this to say:
Unless they changed the requirements at some point that's a load of poo poo because I definitely missed a couple of times when I got that achievement

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

goonmod works for all masks. It does not do weapon skins, obviously.

The event masks sadly don't count as they don't even show up in the list until you have them. Specifically Witch, Frank, Pumpkin, and Venomorph.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console update is birth of sky coming to console. Uncertain if that means everything in between.

Doctor Smiles
Jul 26, 2007

I bonk all night,
and I bonk all day.
Grimey Drawer
S-s-smokin'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy84ORni2vg

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

It specifies you need to be only using shotguns so you would not have gotten it by being saw bitch. The lesson here is never be the saw bitch.

The easiest way to do this is to use 2 shotguns; one with HE to stun groups and one with about 40 to 50 accuracy for easy multikills.

but I like to help my buddies out and get hella crime dollars :(

(thanks for the help dudes, I guess that explains it)

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Separated at birth

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
edit: I was wrong before- the leaked mask is going to be the (underwhelming) mega gage blade. The new heister's mask is the one depicted on the tattoo.

Hobold posted:

The event masks sadly don't count as they don't even show up in the list until you have them. Specifically Witch, Frank, Pumpkin, and Venomorph.

Goonmod will not let you purchase masks you do not legitimately own/have not legitimately unlocked.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 23, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

Goonmod will not let you purchase masks you do not legitimately own/have not legitimately unlocked.

Once you unlock them, though, you can go nuts and buy as many as you can afford.

One of the nice things about goonmod is being able to use achievement mask materials on multiple masks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Once you unlock them, though, you can go nuts and buy as many as you can afford.

One of the nice things about goonmod is being able to use achievement mask materials on multiple masks.

You ain't kidding. I am now working on a full set of mega kawaii. So far I have mars, mercury, jupiter, and chibi.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Agreed, Mushroom Cloud and Rug/Error are the best materials

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: I was wrong before- the leaked mask is going to be the (underwhelming) mega gage blade. The new heister's mask is the one depicted on the tattoo.

Looks like that pipe isn't so fat after all. :smug:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

watho posted:

Looks like that pipe isn't so fat after all. :smug:

Enh, these aren't coming from the pipe- this is someone hacking out files added in updates. They mislabeled the mask.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What goonmod folders do I move to mod_overrides to get weapon customization to work

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Her mask is based on an Australian magpie, a pair of which are also on her tattoos.

I approve this decision, since Australian magpies are violent shitbirds that are idolized by Australian soccer hooligans.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Syd's melee weapon is actually just releasing some Australian wildlife and watching what happens. Mostly gouging police eyes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
payday 2 is a serious game

starring dallas jacket??? this is not a part of any mods I have.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I thought you were kidding about your mods.

Also, since akimbo SMGs seem to be all the rage, is there an SMGx2 that's better than the other two? Or are they all about comparable?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok, this is def one of my meme mods at work, specifically one that turns John Wick into the Son from Hotline Miami

WHY?

CascadeBeta posted:

you poor, naive weirdo

watho
Aug 2, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

Also, since akimbo SMGs seem to be all the rage, is there an SMGx2 that's better than the other two? Or are they all about comparable?

The MP5s work well on DW, I've yet to try the Krinkovs in action though but they are very sparse when it comes to the ammo.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

BillmasterCozb posted:

What goonmod folders do I move to mod_overrides to get weapon customization to work

The "GoonModWeaponCustomizer" folder should be all you need in mod_overrides for it to work. Latest ones are here: https://github.com/JamesWilko/GoonMod/archive/WeaponCustomizerModOverrides.zip

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

Yeah I used the Heathers a bit before the other two dropped and the MP5s are extremely good + fun. More bullets, more stability, more good. Haven't used the Krinkovs yet but I'm guessing those are less spray + pray, if that's your thing, but I'm gonna double fist some bullethoses

Seriously though akimbo SMGs are like LMGs that reload faster and work with a concealed dodge build. It's so much fun that I honestly wouldn't mind too much if pistols get nerfed into the ground because I'll have a fallback.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

ClonedPickle posted:

Yeah I used the Heathers a bit before the other two dropped and the MP5s are extremely good + fun. More bullets, more stability, more good. Haven't used the Krinkovs yet but I'm guessing those are less spray + pray, if that's your thing, but I'm gonna double fist some bullethoses

Seriously though akimbo SMGs are like LMGs that reload faster and work with a concealed dodge build. It's so much fun that I honestly wouldn't mind too much if pistols get nerfed into the ground because I'll have a fallback.

What build do you run for dodge/akimbo SMGs? I was trying to mess around with one earlier but nothing really seemed to be quite right.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I'm beginning to think im the only person that plays Payday 2 as enforcer with the iron man skill aced, and the armorer deck.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Probably. I run Armorer with Berserker but that's it.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

What build do you run for dodge/akimbo SMGs? I was trying to mess around with one earlier but nothing really seemed to be quite right.

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSLmhJEfGbDa:eIEDa:ghjECa:fqrsoKhiEFGbCa:ibcdea:pN8::w10-43-26-50-25-7-51-53-20-56-13:s47-6-32-17-1-14:

Inspire, doc bags, flashbang resistance, and basic of each akimbo/low blow/sneaky bastard/bullseye. Cat Burglar was an unfortunate but necessary cut to get the SMG reload speed, but with Grinder the fall damage thing isn't a huge deal. Oh, and the lower half of Fugitive is going to be wasted points somewhere, so I blew it on dumb semi-stealth skills because I like doing dumb stealth with loud builds. The important thing is to get a Micro Uzi with 31 concealment (all +concealment mods including boost, and use auto fire to get the damage to 39.9) so you can use akimbo SMGs at 24 concealment, which is what all three of my akimbo SMGs are at. Compact-5s are great fun, Heathers are fine, and the Krinkovs are actually pretty decent if you want something accurate.

ps: if you use the Krinkovs it's probably best to flick 'em over to single fire

Also my favorite thing is how the akimbo Krinkovs have more ammo and damage (without aced Gunslinger) than the mid-tier akimbo pistols and yet all the steam community idiots are bawling their eyes out to get a pistol nerf. eat poo poo, dumb nerds

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 23, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Thread PSA: I've found an exploit for goat heist that absolutely trivializes farmer miserable (as in, I could conceivably 2 man it with Sykic on DW). If you still need that achievement, let me know, because I'll want to report it pretty soon.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Payday 2 is like the only game I've played where pistols are actually good so I hope they don't change a thing so I can keep wrecking with my blinged out crosskill :getin: (goonmod weapon customization owns)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

M.Ciaster posted:

Payday 2 is like the only game I've played where pistols are actually good so I hope they don't change a thing so I can keep wrecking with my blinged out crosskill :getin: (goonmod weapon customization owns)

The low -and mid damage ones probably won't be nerfed, it's the Dessart Deagle and its ilk that are getting the treatment.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

Thread PSA: I've found an exploit for goat heist that absolutely trivializes farmer miserable (as in, I could conceivably 2 man it with Sykic on DW). If you still need that achievement, let me know, because I'll want to report it pretty soon.

Can confirm.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

watho posted:

The low -and mid damage ones probably won't be nerfed, it's the Dessart Deagle and its ilk that are getting the treatment.

Last time they nerfed pistols they did an across-the-board damage nerf to try and make gunslinger ace relevant again I guess. I'd argue that the 80-damage tier was hardest hit.

Don't count on Overkill making the right decision here.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

I was under the impression they were card drop masks like, well the majority of the other masks in the game?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Hobold posted:

I was under the impression they were card drop masks like, well the majority of the other masks in the game?

The Halloween masks are dropped from cards, but only during the Halloween event. Goonmod will not let you purchase one until you get one as a card drop. Afterwards you can buy as many as you can afford.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They can only be bought during Halloween if you've never gotten one before. Because bullshit.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Yeah that makes all kinds of sense. :rolleye:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

Last time they nerfed pistols they did an across-the-board damage nerf to try and make gunslinger ace relevant again I guess. I'd argue that the 80-damage tier was hardest hit.

Don't count on Overkill making the right decision here.

They're still really loving good after that nerf without taking any pistol skills.

I'd keep them as is, buff the lower tier pistols' accuracy and nerf the damage on the Deagles set. The revolvers can keep their damage but kiss their ammo count goodbye.

It goes without saying that flat damage bonuses should be gone entirely.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Christ 90 minutes for Cook off 25 bags. It was alot more fun than Euro Bag simulator, but I am not doing that again. Ran with the KSP/M249 SAW which gives you near infinite ammo. Ran some numbers, figuring I fired somewhere between 60,000 to 96,000 rounds with 1214 kills out of 2708.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

BillmasterCozb posted:

ok, this is def one of my meme mods at work, specifically one that turns John Wick into the Son from Hotline Miami

Get a grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I gotta admit I was hoping the skill tree revamp was going to just do away with skills that provide flat, unconditional damage. They're kind of boring and it's annoying to have guns designed with the user having those skills in mind.