Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is LSV's deck running any removal at all? Or any non-creature spells besides Cryptolith Rites?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Entropic posted:

Is LSV's deck running any removal at all? Or any non-creature spells besides Cryptolith Rites?

No. Coco decks in general only really get 8 non-creature spells and 4 of those are cocos.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The good news for the deck this weekend is almost no one else is running a significant removal suite either. Go wide or go fast are the two main strategies with not too much care to what the other player is doing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

No. Coco decks in general only really get 8 non-creature spells and 4 of those are cocos.

Is he a CoCo deck? I didn't see him cast any yet in the bits of coverage I've seen so far but it makes sense his deck would be running them.

And anyone know what his mana base looks like? Is he bothering with Hissing Quagmire or does he not want CITPT lands with how low to the ground the deck is?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

He's definitely running Company in it. Because I saw him hit two Cutthroats off one.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Entropic posted:

Is he a CoCo deck? I didn't see him cast any yet in the bits of coverage I've seen so far but it makes sense his deck would be running them.

And anyone know what his mana base looks like? Is he bothering with Hissing Quagmire or does he not want CITPT lands with how low to the ground the deck is?

I posted a decklist that is super close if not card for card in the 60.

And yes, it is a coco deck and is one of the main reasons its good. It leads to all sort of combo-y interactions with rite.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Oh and this thing now exists.

http://blog.legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.com/top-legal-news/magic-card-game-judges-sue-for-lost-wages-claim-to-be-employees/

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Entropic posted:

This decklist looks quite close: https://deckbox.org/sets/1393491

It has 4 Wasters, 4 Quagmires, and 4 Abbeys.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Speaking of which the new Duel Decks teaser is up.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mikujin posted:

:laffo:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mikujin posted:

:drat:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Lancelot posted:

This decklist looks quite close: https://deckbox.org/sets/1393491

It has 4 Wasters, 4 Quagmires, and 4 Abbeys.

The mana base is definitely more skewed towards green, all the early drops are green and LSV had only forests in play on turn 3 a couple of times

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

End of Life Guy posted:

I put together a list that's similar and am taking it to FNM and SCG States tomorrow because frustrating jank is my lifeblood. I'm just fine trying to win without any creatures at all, but I'm seeing one issue in the maindeck: it's weak against manlands. Especially Lumbering Falls.

With as much bant company as I'm expecting to see at States, I'm anxious to find a way to deal with hexproof manlands without day's undoing making me answer it again and again. It's looking like Grip of Desolation during my main phase may be the only answer.

This reminds me, I think two of those three cards I couldn't remember are To The Slaughter, maybe all three. Also, I wish I didn't always work Fri and Sat so I could see all the sweet PT decks, but on the other hand, I rarely actually get to play either, so it's not the end of the world.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I've been playing people on MODO who are on that Aristocrats deck and holy hell do these dudes get smoked if you drop Kalitas. I can only assume LSV has some spicy tech for it because its rough.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just donated Timesifter to my FLGS' Cube. Does that make me a bad person?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just donated Timesifter to my FLGS' Cube. Does that make me a bad person?

Timesifter has never been good, so... no?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

A friend brought over some Pauper decks and we played for hours. Pauper is cool and good. I need more of that in my life.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

bakka bakka posted:

A friend brought over some Pauper decks and we played for hours. Pauper is cool and good. I need more of that in my life.

I used Pucatrade to build 30ish Pauper decks. I tried using Pucatrade to build a modern deck. I had Splinter Twins on my list for a month and a half, the banned list was released early, and 45 minutes after the announcement I checked my list to remove them and lo and behold, somebody's sending!

I don't use Pucatrade anymore.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Brought BW control to FNM tonight for my first post-rotation standard event.

Started out strong, easily beating UW spirits and BR vampires, but then lost to WB midrange and Bant CoCo. I was hoping to go against humans since I beat the deck easily, but didn't see it all night.

I got a little salty last round v CoCo as I sided in Transgresses and Duresses, but whiffed on 6 spells across games 2&3. Then in game 3 I Duressed, got nothing, and the next turn Secured the Wastes for 8 - to find out he top decked a Negate. It was bad, I was salty.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I know this probably a bad question, but here goes: how do I best esper dragons? I'm playing black white control and not having a good run of it. Would dead weight and to the slaughter help? My creatures are 3 hangar backs, 2 Avacyn and 2 Kalitas. Rest is kill and draw plus Gideon, Ob, and sorin. Green white humans shot on me too. Beat blue red tutelage mill and black red vampires though. My deck is super fun.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

vandalism posted:

I know this probably a bad question, but here goes: how do I best esper dragons? I'm playing black white control and not having a good run of it. Would dead weight and to the slaughter help? My creatures are 3 hangar backs, 2 Avacyn and 2 Kalitas. Rest is kill and draw plus Gideon, Ob, and sorin. Green white humans shot on me too. Beat blue red tutelage mill and black red vampires though. My deck is super fun.

I'm running 3 dead weight and 2 to the slaughter main, personally. I don't play Avacyn's at all, fwiw.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Balon posted:

I'm running 3 dead weight and 2 to the slaughter main, personally. I don't play Avacyn's at all, fwiw.

Have any luck versus control?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Placed Second with BW Control at FNM.

Self-Inflicted Wound is worthless and I'm swapping them out for Flaying Tendrils for Hoomans.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
You guys rocking the no creature build? It looks super cool. I wanna try that out. My sideboard doesn't have answers for humans.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm running no creatures mainboard except Linvala, specifically because it helps me stabilize against aggro and can block Avacyn profitably.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

vandalism posted:

Have any luck versus control?

Ya it's pretty 50/50. UR control is a breeze for the most part, the mirror is a little tougher - anything running Declarations hurts your wincons a lot.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I've been enjoying Bant Company pretty immensely (I liked CoCo decks when the cards was $9 and Rally was some new weird thing, so please don't hate me for it), but my inner pauper player wants to make some insane grindfest deck around the Den Protector / Pulse of Murasa / Goblin Dark Dwellers shell. I'd probably go full Jund for Read the Bones, K-Command, and a manland to go with Syvlan Advocates (and maybe some Kalitas) but the general gist is that eternal recursion gets me excited.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do any MTGO players here buy tickets from bots for cash? i was thinking about splurging but it seems like hoops and risk for a 6% bonus.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
lsv drafting the ol' triple fevered visions deck

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
the BDM / Randy combo is really the worst. both verbose idiots who keep talking over each other.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Why is Gaby just standing around in the background looking kinda gormless ?

I hope they've got Hearthstone loaded on that iPad.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Not like this LSV, not like this

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Why is Gaby just standing around in the background looking kinda gormless ?

I hope they've got Hearthstone loaded on that iPad.

She's entering the cards in players' hands

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

She's entering the cards in players' hands

I feel like that's a task they could get literally any random nerd to do and not the girl they hired to do commentary

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Balon posted:

Brought BW control to FNM tonight for my first post-rotation standard event.

Started out strong, easily beating UW spirits and BR vampires, but then lost to WB midrange and Bant CoCo. I was hoping to go against humans since I beat the deck easily, but didn't see it all night.

I got a little salty last round v CoCo as I sided in Transgresses and Duresses, but whiffed on 6 spells across games 2&3. Then in game 3 I Duressed, got nothing, and the next turn Secured the Wastes for 8 - to find out he top decked a Negate. It was bad, I was salty.

Why are you bringing in duresses and transgress when CoCo decks run about 8 spells tops? I don't understand the goal there.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Finkel dropping Archangel Avacyn in limited at the Pro Tour.

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Finkel dropping Archangel Avacyn in limited at the Pro Tour.

The 2 Mindwrack Demons vs 3 Things in the Ice match is pretty spicy aswell!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lockdar posted:

The 2 Mindwrack Demons vs 3 Things in the Ice match is pretty spicy aswell!

Almost makes you think the draft stacks are pre-sorted. Yesterday lsv had 2 Olivias available, today 3 fevered visions.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Patrick Dickmann looks and acts like he eats Adderall for every meal every time I see him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Seth Manfield like "I picked some poo poo." :lol:

• Locked thread