Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hopefully it won't have the stupid issue it had on the PS3 where Comcast wouldn't provide HBO Go to the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
bring on the flash sale b

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rirse posted:

Hopefully it won't have the stupid issue it had on the PS3 where Comcast wouldn't provide HBO Go to the app.

The whole point of it is that it's not tied to a cable subscription so that's a non-issue

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A PS4 release of the PS2 Max Payne 1 is up on European PSN, probably means a North American release later today: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...=GM300000_store

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I tried to get that game to run on my old laptop, which refused and crashed after five minutes. It was a good game for its time, but I don't know if it's worth £12 today. These classics are literally the same as the old games, right? No extra gloss or anything?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Higher res and fps and trophies

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Max Payne isn't as good as MP2 but it's definitely still worth buying and playing. It's a fun linear shooter.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why do PS sales suck so bad?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The EU one is pretty good at the moment

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Kirios posted:

Why do PS sales suck so bad?

I've got plenty of good / fun games for under 10$ (Download Only) and under 30$ (Retail / Download) from PSN sales so I don't believe they suck. :/

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Right now you can get a Gangsta Afro Dog avatar for a full 50% off. What more do you people want???

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Actually some item sales are kicking in, looks like a Flash sale is incoming. Seems likely to be indie-themed (Curve Digital titles). Alien Isolation Collection is also on sale for 10 days.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

the PS2 port of Max Payne 1 was a shitpile so bear that in mind before purchasing. That game was designed for then-powerful PCs and iirc farmed out to a third-party studio for the console versions. The PS4 upgrades might remedy (lol) it a bit maybe but it still won't be the version to get.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Has anyone played Blues and Bullets? How is it? The first two episodes dropped this week and I know it's already finished on Steam.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Faux Mulder posted:

the PS2 port of Max Payne 1 was a shitpile so bear that in mind before purchasing. That game was designed for then-powerful PCs and iirc farmed out to a third-party studio for the console versions. The PS4 upgrades might remedy (lol) it a bit maybe but it still won't be the version to get.

So the version to not buy is live on North American PSN now:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/max-payne/cid=UP1004-CUSA03513_00-SLUS202300000001 (EDIT THIS SHOULD BE ON SALE FOR $6 SO MAKE SURE IT IS BEFORE BUYING)

And it's sounding like Flash Sale this weekend might be a false alarm somehow.

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Happened to click on the Deals thing and there was a Flash Sale button up that's gone now. Clicked it, nothing was listed, but there was a banner that had Sleeping Dogs/Call of Duty/Beyond Two Souls and a couple of other things. Seems like it was action themed.

EDIT: And it's back, still nothing actually listed outside of movies though.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

whew thank god another Call of Duty sale coming up, wonder if it'll be 25% off or 33% off :ohdear:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Sony switched places with their dumber evil brother inmediately after being confirmed in first place in the console race, quite amazing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rockstar`s PS2 games (at least the non-GTA ones) for PS4 including the just-released Max Payne should be 60% off with this flash sale, apparently, so don't buy anything until that's applied. Rogue Galaxy also.

EDIT looks like stuff is starting to settle, quite a few PS2-on-PS4 titles are on sale, Tearaway Unfolded for like 8 bucks...

univbee fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 22, 2016

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Really tempted by Tearaway Unfolded at 8 bucks, also Tomb Raider for 7.50. Another good titles at good prices?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

El Hefe posted:

Sony switched places with their dumber evil brother inmediately after being confirmed in first place in the console race, quite amazing.
I think they've had the cripple/intern who slowly incorrectly updates the PSN store for the entire time, though

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bleh. As someone who's had a PS4 for...a month, I was really hoping for some games I didn't already play on PS3 to be in this. Mad Max would have been nice :sigh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How is Tearaway (PS4) and Little Big Planet 3? I have Tearaway on the Vita, but heard the PS4 version is way better. Also how is the Warriors port on the PSP, as that sounds like it would be a great title to have on the Vita to go.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Grabbed Max Payne and Tearaway. An okay Flash Sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the version of Symphony of the Night that's in Dracula X Chronicles acceptable or am I better off buying the original

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

Is the version of Symphony of the Night that's in Dracula X Chronicles acceptable or am I better off buying the original

It's technically the best version of the game but has a new translation some people dislike. It's perfectly fine as a version to get assuming you don't mind taking the 10~ minutes it takes to unlock it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

In Training posted:

It better and worst. The resolution is smaller and they changed the VA for everyone, which is a lot better like Maria...but no more "What is a man" cheesy speech. But it also added Maria as a playable character, but she plays more like her Rondo version and not the version from the Saturn edition. Also they didn't added the Underground Garden or the other place from the Saturn version.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Is there anyway to transfer a Tomb Raider save from ps3 to ps4?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It's technically the best version of the game but has a new translation some people dislike. It's perfectly fine as a version to get assuming you don't mind taking the 10~ minutes it takes to unlock it.

To clarify, the new translation is much more solid than the original script-wise, but fans of the original cheese were disappointed with this.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
How is Not a Hero?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmm as someone who has never played SOTN before I think I'm leaning original, just to see what that was like. Annoying that it's like the only Castlevania they didn't put on sale haha

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

Hmm as someone who has never played SOTN before I think I'm leaning original, just to see what that was like. Annoying that it's like the only Castlevania they didn't put on sale haha

Also worth noting is if you're playing on Vita/PSTV the PS1 classic is your only option.

Whoops, just PSTV.

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 22, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

univbee posted:

Also worth noting is if you're playing on Vita/PSTV the PS1 classic is your only option.

This isn't true, I have DCX on my Vita as we speak.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't true, I have DCX on my Vita as we speak.

My bad, I remembered wrong. It's just the PSTV which can't run the PSP game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Order is suppose to be pretty :mediocre: but is worth it at $8?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Rirse posted:

The Order is suppose to be pretty :mediocre: but is worth it at $8?

No. I bought it at $10, got maybe $1 of fun out of it. Not worth it at anything but dime store prices.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

My bad, I remembered wrong. It's just the PSTV which can't run the PSP game.
And it probably could run it if they allowed it, but lol whitelist

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Coldforge posted:

No. I bought it at $10, got maybe $1 of fun out of it. Not worth it at anything but dime store prices.

Figured it as much. After seeing the RedLetterMedia video for it, I lost all interest in the game.

One last thing, which should I get, Warriors for the PSP or Bully on the PS4. I have Warriors already on the PS3 but I rarely play that, while I have the Scholarship Edition on the PC, but that version is very janky.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rirse posted:

It better and worst. The resolution is smaller and they changed the VA for everyone, which is a lot better like Maria...but no more "What is a man" cheesy speech. But it also added Maria as a playable character, but she plays more like her Rondo version and not the version from the Saturn edition. Also they didn't added the Underground Garden or the other place from the Saturn version.

Trust me, you don't want the Saturn "improvements".

Bedsheet ghosts are not a compelling add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I'm thinking of getting Tearaway and Tomb Raider on the flash sale or are those prices still too high?

• Locked thread