Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just learn to play ADC, where soon all damage and abilities are impossible to itemize against. Eventually it will never even occur to you that you can build survivability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Spiros posted:

What champions make you guys mad? Foe me it's Soraka, Voli, and Yi.

Yasuo, Master Yi and Zed because it feels like they always get fed and get out of control.

Tryndamere because the perma splitpush is annoying as hell to play against.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Taitale posted:

Yasuo, Master Yi and Zed because it feels like they always get fed and get out of control.

Tryndamere because the perma splitpush is annoying as hell to play against.

Good news!

The Verviticus Buff posted:

Rift Herald will now spawn six minutes into the game, but it will never respawn once it has been killed. It will be much harder to kill, but its new buff should be worth the effort. It’s current buff, Doom’s Eve, has been replaced with a unique buff that lasts for 20 minutes and persists through death. When the person with the buff is alone, they gain damage reduction against champions and also build Corruption stacks. At 100 stacks, your next attack discharges all the stacks to deal bonus magic damage. The Corruption’s stack rate and damage scale with champion level.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Shyvana is secretly a Master Yi who actually ganks less but also doesn't kill towers as fast and I hate her with my life.

Yeah I actually cringe whenever I see a Shyv on the other team, what an annoying champ.

I can't stand Soraka because she is just annoying as gently caress to play against.

AHH FUGH posted:

Yi is the best champ tho

I don't like Thresh, I have a magnet on my for his hooks, they hit me no matter what, even if I juke or stay in the same place

I am this way with Yasuo, for some reason whenever I'm laning against a Yasuo I walk into whirlwind100% of the time. It's not even a hard skillshot to dodge, idk what my problem is.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

similarly i hate janna tornado spam in ARAM cause the width is REALLY hard to eyeball

i used to hate udyr doing udyr things but the last nerf seems to have mitigated a lot of that.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i actually find it really hard to tell where the tornado actually is, especially with the project skin and the orange-ish tornado

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The new Dragon Fist Lee Sin splash is awful. He looks like a zombie.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Good news!

Why would they do this

fOr whaT purPose?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's PBE and will likely not make it onto live

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

AHH FUGH posted:

its not an experimental change, they might change the numbers a bit but its going to go live more or less the same

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The persisting thru death thing makes me go Augh? Like Tim the Toolman Tailer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

AHH FUGH posted:

lol this is definitely happening.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Radical posted:

its not an experimental change, they might change the numbers a bit but its going to go live more or less the same

i should say it won't make it to live in quite the same iteration. It's likely to have some kind of major changes.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Paging RC Cola, let me show you how I've abandoned my season 3 advice to you and have tilted off the face of the planet.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Bard carried me from Silver 5 all the way to Bronze 2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New taric is gonna be amazingly fun on one for all

although jhin might take the cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wjN8dKx09k

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AHH FUGH posted:

i should say it won't make it to live in quite the same iteration. It's likely to have some kind of major changes.

Nah it's gonna go to live like this with maybe number changes

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

you know what's really unfun to lane against in URF as Galio/Eve? Wukong/Xin! Banning the gently caress outta that monkey bastard next time.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Kashuno posted:

New taric is gonna be amazingly fun on one for all

i linked this already :mad:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

i linked this already :mad:

I debated going back and seeing if anyone did but then I said nah and just did it

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

God Mecha Sion is so glorious. That combined with the fact he's now a professionally viable support means I may never play anything else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wodin posted:

God Mecha Sion is so glorious. That combined with the fact he's now a professionally viable support means I may never play anything else.

Wait seriously?

poo poo, I just unlocked the Mecha Sion skin I got from my chest, guess I better look up how that's done.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

wodin posted:

Hold up when was sion support played I need to watch this

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Wasn't that some dumb sub-challenger university league?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sion support how-to guide:

1) enter bush
2) the bush is now yours. guard it with your life

basically just exploit his stun's range indicator being invisible if they cant see you to the fullest maximum potential

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

DolphinCop posted:

sion support how-to guide:

1) enter bush
2) the bush is now yours. guard it with your life

basically just exploit his stun's range indicator being invisible if they cant see you to the fullest maximum potential

So Rengar supp, but better because Sion has a real health pool and 3 cc attacks

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Talon ult every 20 seconds in URF. Jesus Christ.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

URF. Jesus Christ

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New Taric confirmed hilarious on urf

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

The Door Frame posted:

So Rengar supp, but better because Sion has a real health pool

Funnily enough this isn't actually true because Sion has really crappy base HP growth to offset his hp stacking passive. He'd actually be surprisingly squishy on a supports budget.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Crazy Larry posted:

Funnily enough this isn't actually true because Sion has really crappy base HP growth to offset his hp stacking passive. He'd actually be surprisingly squishy on a supports budget.
This. Sion is middle-of-the-pack for base HP at level 1, but his HP/level growth is 4th worst, with his base 18 pool ending up at 10th worst across all champions (he actually has fewer base HP at 18 than Sona).

Sion's extra bulk comes almost exclusively from the fact that he likes to build defensively/bulky and that in a solo lane he'll get enough CS to more than supplement his growths (perfect CS at 20 minutes starting with Soul Furnace still doesn't even get him to highest "base", and not maintaining perfection drives him down the list).

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
holy poo poo nunu really is busted in urf

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

holy poo poo [insert champ here] really is busted in urf

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kashuno posted:

holy poo poo [insert champ here] really is busted in urf

Might as well just copy paste this for the next ten pages of the thread. For some reason this always happens whenever URF mode is active.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
http://www.newsoflegends.com/index....ra-items-58210/

Well Soraka is probably sunk.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Libertine posted:

Might as well just copy paste this for the next ten pages of the thread. For some reason this always happens whenever URF mode is active.

this is only my second urf, please be kind.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
soraka was good before grievous wounds was gutted and shell be good after its back. especially since itll mean a return to everybody going apeshit and slotting ignite when they see her, which tends to ruin a teams late game potential (less teleport and exhaust, the two summoner spells with the best scaling)

mortal reminder is going to suck tho thats a real change over season five at least

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i started playing again. i don't know why.

at least urf is fun this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly that's really reasonable, it was dumb that it didn't before and maybe they can retune her around that instead.

• Locked thread