Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Skinner box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Rangpur posted:

Meanwhile I keep running into issues trying to keep the Moon free of Ba'als. Is there anything you can do to mitigate the Freeze status Ba'al VI loves inflicting? It's an easier fight overall than III or the bear, but if he starts spamming that move then it's game over.

Hitting affected party members with a fire attack will remove freeze, but they will still take the damage (so don't use Firaga). Fire Mist works quite well as a safeguard, especially when cast by a low-magic character.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm not sure I see the appeal of Chompcraft, honestly.

What do you all like about it?

It's just chill

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

sweatshop simulator

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

In the first game, should I be using Agnes as a white mage or a monk in the beginning?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Monk. Be brave enough to default on the expectations of others.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Pollyanna posted:

In the first game, should I be using Agnes as a white mage or a monk in the beginning?

All the playables have stats close enough that it doesn't really matter what Job you give them.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

First attack Agnes makes as a monk is a critical Strong Strike. If this isn't a sign to stick with monk, I don't know what is.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's Cookie Clicker. That really says it all, pro & con. It can also make you filthy rich once you reach a certain point in the game, but you don't need it. If it bores you, ignore it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Chompcraft is also required to get a couple of Party Chats if you care about that.

I'm glad the anime cliche "Let's go peek on the girls in the hot spring" was ended by Danzaburo saying "That's my sister and I'll cut you if you try it."

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Chompcraft is also required to get a couple of Party Chats if you care about that.

I'm glad the anime cliche "Let's go peek on the girls in the hot spring" was ended by Danzaburo saying "That's my sister and I'll cut you if you try it."

I thought the girls peeking in on the guys after hearing them talk about muscles was a cute subversion.

The names on these sidequests are something else. I'm tempted to side with Gym Teacher Sweati Tracsuit just based on that amazing name alone, but I want the job that comes with choosing to side with Ms. Reah Veeling. Decisions. :sigh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rangpur posted:

It's Cookie Clicker. That really says it all, pro & con. It can also make you filthy rich once you reach a certain point in the game, but you don't need it. If it bores you, ignore it.

Not filthy rich but wealthy for the time being.
You need a good 10 million+ to get everything you can buy.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Thanks a ton! Added the bottom half, I'll finish up later. Wish there was a faster way to do this... dear god, I forgot how hard friend codes were.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah, I've been doing it for that reason alone. I was just wondering why everyone else found it so entertaining, thinking I was missing something.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Agreed.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
hoo boy just added everyone on the friend code spreadsheet, I never want to look at that scren again

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh good, you get an airship pretty early in Bravely Default.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Pollyanna posted:

About that...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, I just got done with the last sidequest, and I've got a gameplay question.

How do I raise my job levels to 11? I tried killing stuff like usual, but anyone at 10 isn't gaining any more JP for me.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Yo please add my friend code I need more abililinks 2036-7482-0338

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

So, I just got done with the last sidequest, and I've got a gameplay question.

How do I raise my job levels to 11? I tried killing stuff like usual, but anyone at 10 isn't gaining any more JP for me.
Equip the level 2 ability from the final job.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I've been doing it for that reason alone. I was just wondering why everyone else found it so entertaining, thinking I was missing something.

Watching your numbers get bigger is fun.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Yo please add my friend code I need more abililinks 2036-7482-0338

Added. My code is 4441-9563-9539.
Also added my code to the google docs. Add me,folks!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tiz being able to crack someone over the head with a 9999 crit before the end of chapter 1 feels good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

He also looks very handsome as a summoner leaving yew as the dork in the astrologist outfit

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:gonk: I forgot that it can only land in lakes. That makes things worse.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Pureauthor posted:

All the playables have stats close enough that it doesn't really matter what Job you give them.

On this subject, stat differences between characters seem to be a lot more significant in Bravely Second. You can still have any character function okay as any job, but Yew's stat distribution is noticeably skewed toward magic and Edea is similarly skewed toward physical combat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Just beat the final boss of Bravely Second. That was an experience.

Pollyanna posted:

:allears:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Finally encountered Ba'al II, so now I'm left wondering what the hell the bear was-- it didn't even get added to my bestiary. Is there a list of the non-plot related ones anywhere?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So like... didn't these people die in the first game...?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah it's a retcon

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It must have been the evil of Erobberus.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I love that the final boss of Chapter 2 is A very fancy chef man who slings cake at me to lower my stats and that he is totally kicking my rear end right now. This is a good video game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
Someone said it was the (mild Bravely Default spoilers) last world in default since they mention the boss rush. This is good, because the first world had like, DeRosa drugging women into dating him, then killing them and grinding them up into potions as opposed to being just kind of a jerk.

Also, though it's kind of a pointless prediction since I won't be hovering over any spoilers to confirm or deny, but I'm guessing title gimmick with this one will be Send Player? They talk about SP a lot, but this also doesn't have the 'oh hoky poo poo' impact of the first game

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yew is such a giant dork. It's wonderful.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

RoboCicero posted:

Someone said it was the (mild Bravely Default spoilers) last world in default since they mention the boss rush. This is good, because the first world had like, DeRosa drugging women into dating him, then killing them and grinding them up into potions as opposed to being just kind of a jerk.

Also, though it's kind of a pointless prediction since I won't be hovering over any spoilers to confirm or deny, but I'm guessing title gimmick with this one will be Send Player? They talk about SP a lot, but this also doesn't have the 'oh hoky poo poo' impact of the first game

I just got done with one of the last two sidequests earlier, and it's heavily implied it's actually the first world after all. :psyduck: Specifically, it mentions that whole bit about how Braev 'may never be able to wield a sword again', which only happened on the first world or two, IIRC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Isn't that just talking about the beginning of the game where Kaiser Oblivion kicks Braev and Alternis' asses? Because I just did the Ominas/Artemia sidequest just now and Ominas definitely talks about being put into teams and being with Sage Yulyana, which never happened in the first world.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

alcharagia posted:

So like... didn't these people die in the first game...?

This is something that's subtly addressed in the ending.

Deneb went and saved them, if I'm not mistaken.

RoboCicero posted:

In the last world, he attempted to rape the Venus Sisters and they immediately figured him out and threatened to kill him if he tried it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The writing in this game is cute and funny. I love the full bestiary entry for the bunny and how it gets progressively more disappointed in the bunny

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
When fighting Ba'als, does lowering their levels diminish rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

On the other hand,

• Locked thread