Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
my child

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

dude that is a good looking loaf

joke_explainer

lovely! How was the interior, did you achieve your goal?

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
It was light and it didn't taste of nothing so yes, for now. Wanna get that amazing loose crumb in all the pictures eventually.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
it's so handsome

joke_explainer

I'm super impressed and glad more people can see the results you can achieve at home with just a 4 qt dutch oven, a banneton basket, a 12 quart food service grade cylindrical plastic dough tub and a 6 qt container of the same type, a scale, a thermometer, flour, salt, yeast, and water.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
the banneton and the dutch oven forcing most of the final proof and oven spring upward was worth it alone. Slices actually have enough surface area to make sandwiches a decent sandwich now.

Dutch ovens are good to have around in general though, and was probably kitchen tool I was missing the most since I moved out of my dad's place years ago.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Grilled cheese is fine dining right?

poverty goat

Pomp posted:

my child

nice looking bread

i baked these yesterday

poverty goat

Pomp posted:

Grilled cheese is fine dining right?

yes

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Construction is still under way, our new 3-bay sink went in and I've got a huge boner for it.

That's a full sheet pan

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

oh man I used to spray down so many fish and fish scales in a sink like that

our work area was wet all the time because god forbid you let a fish scale dry on the metal because it would then become hard as iron and fuse itself to the surface

i'm a little upset you don't have the overhanging sink hose unless it's off screen then all is well

i would really enjoy spending a day cutting fish again i think it would be super relaxing

om nom nom

There actually will be, they sent the wrong one-each bay is supposed to have a faucet with one sprayer in the middle, and they just sent the single faucet unit.

We've got it rigged with old faucets at the moment so it's usable, since they have already torn out the old sink

om nom nom fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 22, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

om nom nom posted:

There actually will be, they sent the wrong one-each bay is supposed to have a faucet with one sprayer in the middle, and they just sent the single faucet unit.

We've got it rigged with old faucets at the moment so it's usable, since they have already torn out the old sink

do you live in a large house or jus a normal house with a large kitchen?

MrWillsauce

you got garbage disposal on that bad boy?

e: luvcow, im pretty sure that's a restaurant kitchen

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MrWillsauce posted:

luvcow, im pretty sure that's a restaurant kitchen

that's what was thinking but if that's a house then holy moly I'm envious

I like the idea so much I'm going to install a wall urinal in my home's bathroom, maybe a line of three or four if i can fit them

joke_explainer

Luvcow posted:

that's what was thinking but if that's a house then holy moly I'm envious

I like the idea so much I'm going to install a wall urinal in my home's bathroom, maybe a line of three or four if i can fit them

Def his restaurants kitchen, he mentioned they were refitting it last page ! :)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

Def his restaurants kitchen, he mentioned they were refitting it last page ! :)

i stand corrected due to my general laziness and lackadaisical approach in this thread and for that i apologize

MrWillsauce

man how cool would it be if your house had a walk in fridge

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
"honey? are you getting high in the walk in again?"

*she finds me inside the fridge, fumbling to hide my one hitter as i cower beneath the shelves*

"its ok, this is our home... you don't have to hide it here"

MrWillsauce

the DEA would probably raid you because of the amount of power your house was using though, so that'd be uncomfortable

om nom nom

Man I wish I had a sink that could fit a sheet pan at home. And a badass sprayer like Bo posted. And a professional grade dishwasher.

One bay in the sink would be sufficient though.

alnilam

One bae in the sink would be sufficient though.

om nom nom

Three Bae Kink would be a good username

The X-man cometh

om nom nom posted:

Mods please

alnilam

om nom nom posted:

SIDS Vicious

I'm making a roast chicken tonight I am using a countertop roasting pan my mom lent me and I cut up potatoes, onions, celery and red pepper, and I made some chicken stock with garlic and roasted red peppers in it it smells really good so far I'm very excited, I made a turkey in this roasting thing for Christmas and it turned out really well so I can't wait to eat this chicken. I will take pictures when it's done it looks gross and half cooked right now!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
add carrots

SIDS Vicious

Luvcow posted:

add carrots

I really wanted to and my carrots had gone bad when I went to take them out of the fridge I'm pretty sad about it but I'm making the best of what I've got.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Celluloid Sam posted:

I really wanted to and my carrots had gone bad when I went to take them out of the fridge I'm pretty sad about it but I'm making the best of what I've got.

my heart goes out to you :smith:

that still sounds like its going to be a really good meal

SIDS Vicious

Here is the finished chicken and what not I moved it out of the big roaster into a easier to store dish

alnilam

hello friends i wanted to ask, is a magnetic knife strip bad for the knife?

ty manifisto

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

alnilam posted:

hello friends i wanted to ask, is a magnetic knife strip bad for the knife?

it is not

in fact it is the best way to store your knife with the perfect storm combination of easy access while saving counter space

i'm not aware if knife blocks are bad for a knife or its edge but they're dumb to use if you have access to a magnet strip

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
what if you often use your knife like a credit card (i.e. to get cash and procure needed items) will the magnet strip hurt the knife like it would an actual credit card?

alnilam

>take credit card from desk
You grab the credit card.
You are now flagged as a thief!

> use knife on credit card
It doesn't do anything.

> use magnet on knife
Knife is now magnetized.

> use knife on credit card
The credit card is now disabled.

> put credit card on desk
You put the disabled credit card back on the desk.
You are no longer flagged as a thief.

joke_explainer

I'm not sure what's going on with that chicken Sid. Generally it should look more... golden.

the unabonger

Luvcow posted:

what if you often use your knife like a credit card (i.e. to get cash and procure needed items) will the magnet strip hurt the knife like it would an actual credit card?

lol

Robot Made of Meat

joke_explainer posted:

I'm not sure what's going on with that chicken Sid. Generally it should look more... golden.

Sid is delightful and wonderful and very byob. But the less you delve into his RL, the happier you will be.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i missed that post with the chicken or perhaps erased it from my mind as a survival measure but that pale thing is a sad nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it looks like a chicken spaceship farting out garbage for propulsion