Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Willfrey posted:

I wonder if it is a console thing. Works well for the PC master race

I'm playing on PC and I've literally never been summoned as a bluecop or wolfbro.

I get invaded just fine and get summoned if I drop a sign just fine and can invade others or summon friends no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Exactly, you finished the game with that much. At that point it makes no difference how many you've looted because you can buy an infinite amount anyway.

I'm talking pre-endgame. If you spent all your Titanite Shards from the High Wall on, say, the Longbow then you pretty much screwed yourself because you're not going to be able to get any more shards until you reach the swamp, leaving you chipping away at bosses with an un-upgraded weapon. If you start reinforcing your starting weapon or something and find out that you prefer the moveset of whatever new weapon you just looted, too bad! Once you get the ability to buy Titanite Shards you're already using a weapon upgraded with Large shards so while you can upgrade any new weapons a little bit, they'll still be a lot worse than whatever you started upgrading. Same with Chunks.

I just think it's badly balanced, because it seems that mobs are supposed to drop upgrade mats but From tuned their droprate way too low.

You don't need an upgraded weapon in High Wall or the Settlement at all. By the time you need a +3 weapon you are at the stage of the game where almost every enemy drops shards frequently, same for +6 and to a lesser extent +9 weapons.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

NTT posted:

Plus I now have 23 vertebrae. Way easier than normal invade since you can actually make the pick.

Dark Souls 3...is good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

Do I actually have to be in AL to use the Black eye orb? Can't get it to work.

....there's a black eye orb?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alllright, where can I find an Estoc?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Exactly, you finished the game with that much. At that point it makes no difference how many you've looted because you can buy an infinite amount anyway.

I'm talking pre-endgame. If you spent all your Titanite Shards from the High Wall on, say, the Longbow then you pretty much screwed yourself because you're not going to be able to get any more shards until you reach the swamp, leaving you chipping away at bosses with an un-upgraded weapon. If you start reinforcing your starting weapon or something and find out that you prefer the moveset of whatever new weapon you just looted, too bad! Once you get the ability to buy Titanite Shards you're already using a weapon upgraded with Large shards so while you can upgrade any new weapons a little bit, they'll still be a lot worse than whatever you started upgrading. Same with Chunks.

I just think it's badly balanced, because it seems that mobs are supposed to drop upgrade mats but From tuned their droprate way too low.

You really don't need an upgraded weapon prior to the Cathedral/Swamp, so that's not really an issue.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alllright, where can I find an Estoc?

Greirat start selling them after you send him out to pillage once.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
PS4 trophy data counts (going with my Japanese version) has the most common ending reached by 11.3%, penultimate boss downed by 22.4%, first boss downed by 95.2%
Bloodborne though? First required boss has been killed by 63% of players, Cleric Beast which is optional has been slain by 67% of them. Most common ending has been reached by 19.8% of players.

Gitgud = summon people to carry your limp rear end.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Buschmaki posted:

Greirat start selling them after you send him out to pillage once.

So I was right on that first time. gently caress. Guess I'm gonna find him in Ithryll.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oh god yes.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

I'm using a 60 faith build and it lets you oneshot in pvp with the sunlight spear, it's loving crazy

on the other hand, they have to get hit by sunlight spear

which means it's time for some mother fuckin gank squadding

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

....there's a black eye orb?

It feels nowhere near as significant as in DS1, but yes.

Once you exhaust Leonhard's dialogue having gotten the red eye orb, he tells you about Rosaria's Fingers and moves to that room. After you talk to him once there and come back, Rosaria is dead and you find the orb on her body. You can then use it to hunt down Leonhard to get revenge and her soul back.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ITS OGRE FOR YOU

Also I am incredibly displeased that nothing besides the Dancer armor shows my female pyromancer's extraordinary rear end. Every since I saw a cooperator with the Leather boots on I knew what my course in this playthrough must be. Showing off dat fine booty. Alas, the only two good form fitting pants are the leather boots and the dancer leggings, and both of those, again, onmnly get show noff with the Dancer armor. Fashion Souls continues...

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

You really don't need an upgraded weapon prior to the Cathedral/Swamp, so that's not really an issue.

It makes an already hard game harder. Having an upgraded weapon is the difference between being able to combo an enemy to death or having to deal with its attacks and chipping away. Technically you don't need a weapon at all (after all, you have your fists!), but most people don't play without a weapon. It's the same dumb argument as "you don't need HP/armor if you never get hit".

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

You can only have a max of 10 messages, if you go over that it'll delete the oldest ones unless you protect them

:negative:

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Genocyber posted:

Yeah I didn't really notice any difference in combat using an upgraded weapon vs an un-upgraded one until cathedral. High Wall/Settlement enemies usually go down in the same number of hits regardless since your stats aren't really high enough for scaling to be significant so early upgrades don't add a lot of damage.

The cathedral and swamp have a ton of shards so it's easy to upgrade multiple weapons like on my current dex/pyromancy character.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

It makes an already hard game harder. Having an upgraded weapon is the difference between being able to combo an enemy to death or having to deal with its attacks and chipping away. Technically you don't need a weapon at all (after all, you have your fists!), but most people don't play without a weapon. It's the same dumb argument as "you don't need HP/armor if you never get hit".

You are massively overestimating the difference between a +1 and +3 weapon. The game doesn't expect you to have a +3 weapon until Road of Sacrifice at the earliest and is balanced (and gives out shards) accordingly.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gologle posted:

ITS OGRE FOR YOU

Also I am incredibly displeased that nothing besides the Dancer armor shows my female pyromancer's extraordinary rear end. Every since I saw a cooperator with the Leather boots on I knew what my course in this playthrough must be. Showing off dat fine booty. Alas, the only two good form fitting pants are the leather boots and the dancer leggings, and both of those, again, onmnly get show noff with the Dancer armor. Fashion Souls continues...

Yeah this is weird.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
What are the recommended levels for L othric Castle and C onsumed King Garden for coop? I'm 74 and think I might be too high.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Fereydun posted:

on the other hand, they have to get hit by sunlight spear

which means it's time for some mother fuckin gank squadding

I only play in honorable 1v1 duels in fight clubs where I hit someone with 1034 damage on a bullshit counter hit killing them instantly.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Why do people keep saying Kaathe changed his mind about letting the flame fade? I missed that part.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Git Gud scrub.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DmFUU1Ino

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

How are there three hosts in one world?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

snoremac posted:

How are there three hosts in one world?

There's a ring that hides your phantom nature.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, speaking as someone who slams Luck and never looks back, it's sad and depressing how low the droprates on titanite are. They are on the level as if the costs were 1/2/3 and not 2/4/6, which is a terrible choice really, because you get so many goddamn weapons.

Just in the last 25 minutes, I get a flamberge from that one little guy, a huge club, the saw thing used by the board giants and the spiked mace used by the inquisitors from berserk.

Speaking of though, are they much fun to go for? They all seem to take huge amounts of stamina and be slow as heck, are they worth it or should I just fire up my longsword?

Though I have noticed it seems enemies stagger and break more often in this game than they did before, so yeah.

Also holy god I love the purples. I especially like how the solution to one turning on you or invading is to summon more purples and then just jumping in and randomly attacking some of them. I wish you could summon them unkindled, it really would have been interesting too, because you'd never know if they'd help or hinder you.

They give poo poo souls though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ring of the Unliving, I think is the name of it?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The dark sword is the worst thing in the world.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Titanite is pretty carefully gated to your progress in the game. Once you get to Smouldering Lake the game shits so much at you I have over 100 pieces sitting in my storage because my inventory was full, and that's without putting a single point in luck.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WrightOfWay posted:

You are massively overestimating the difference between a +1 and +3 weapon. The game doesn't expect you to have a +3 weapon until Road of Sacrifice at the earliest and is balanced (and gives out shards) accordingly.

Having a +3 weapon is expected but I'm specifically talking about experimenting with and trying out different weapons, which I feel like the game penalizes too hard. I've made several alts already and I feel like the difference between +0 and +3 is huge in the early game, but I guess I'm the only one here. I still think it's weird how many enemies there are that can drop Titanite, but at an extremely low rate. On my first playthrough I don't think I got a single drop (only static loot) until after the Swamp, and that makes a big difference in the availability.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Having a +3 weapon is expected but I'm specifically talking about experimenting with and trying out different weapons, which I feel like the game penalizes too hard. I've made several alts already and I feel like the difference between +0 and +3 is huge in the early game

No, it really isn't. The way the game is balanced you really don't need to upgrade your weapon until the Cathedral or the Swamp, at which point titanite becomes more plentiful. That's why it becomes more plentiful there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Any tips for Irithyll of the Boreal Valley? The enemies here are really kicking my rear end.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Holy gently caress

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Your Computer posted:

Having a +3 weapon is expected but I'm specifically talking about experimenting with and trying out different weapons, which I feel like the game penalizes too hard. I've made several alts already and I feel like the difference between +0 and +3 is huge in the early game, but I guess I'm the only one here. I still think it's weird how many enemies there are that can drop Titanite, but at an extremely low rate. On my first playthrough I don't think I got a single drop (only static loot) until after the Swamp, and that makes a big difference in the availability.

I feel like titanite has been fairly rare in literally every souls game so far unless you're several runs in and know exactly where to look...

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Melanion posted:

It is from Ava's Demon, an excellent comic with a glacial update schedule.

Late but I read this all the way through today, thx

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wow but does Sulyvahn gently caress you up but quick right

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Calaveron posted:

Wow but does Sulyvahn gently caress you up but quick right

I'm like three or four bosses after that, and I'm still thinking about how rad that fight is.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Any tips for Irithyll of the Boreal Valley? The enemies here are really kicking my rear end.
run past enemies, find the next bonfire. The enemies from that point are far more reasonable and the enemies before that point are easier to take on with a better home base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

The dark sword is the worst thing in the world.

If it weren't for that sword I would have even more trouble beating the game, so bless you, Dark Sword. Blark Sword.

I must question the final boss of Dark Souls 3. A second life bar is a little more than my Estus Flask can take. Don't want to summon for this one, though.