Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hm, Metatron "saw the error of his strategy" by forseeing the heir slaying the seven and meeting him

Since Jagganoth is one of the seven the heir is going to kill, Metatron would've known it couldn't work and went for plan B. But he's also an idiot who thinks juggernaut star "broke" the prophecy, and as soon as that happened he went back to plan A (and didn't tell Michael)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Turns out the nails dont do poo poo, hes just that hard.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Look, Angelic Acupuncture is real and nothing to gently caress with.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Tetracube posted:

Hm, Metatron "saw the error of his strategy" by forseeing the heir slaying the seven and meeting him

Since Jagganoth is one of the seven the heir is going to kill, Metatron would've known it couldn't work and went for plan B. But he's also an idiot who thinks juggernaut star "broke" the prophecy, and as soon as that happened he went back to plan A (and didn't tell Michael)?

That's assuming Metatron was the one backing Jagganoth in the first place, and that Metatron's even bothering to keep tabs on Jagganoth now that he's (allegedly) irrelevant, and that Metatron actually agrees with Michael and/or Juggernaut Star that the prophesy was broken.

Strictly speaking, we don't actually know anything about what Metatron thinks, or even what Metatron has said. That's all secondhand information at best, and even White Chain's account boils down to "I have no idea what he said, but I'm sure it was true, whatever it was!" For all we know he could just be gibbering like an asylum inmate in a Lovecraft story and everyone is just rationalizing the SAN damage into whatever they want to hear/already believe/secretly fear.

I mean, if you stuck a giant pair of googly eyes on him it'd probably make him look more lucid.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wonderslug posted:

That's assuming Metatron was the one backing Jagganoth in the first place, and that Metatron's even bothering to keep tabs on Jagganoth now that he's (allegedly) irrelevant, and that Metatron actually agrees with Michael and/or Juggernaut Star that the prophesy was broken.

Strictly speaking, we don't actually know anything about what Metatron thinks, or even what Metatron has said. That's all secondhand information at best, and even White Chain's account boils down to "I have no idea what he said, but I'm sure it was true, whatever it was!" For all we know he could just be gibbering like an asylum inmate in a Lovecraft story and everyone is just rationalizing the SAN damage into whatever they want to hear/already believe/secretly fear.

I mean, if you stuck a giant pair of googly eyes on him it'd probably make him look more lucid.

Hmm, looking back at this page, White Chain says that Metatron offered her "power" and saw a vision of a Thorn knight body. That actually seems to lend credence to the idea that Metatron contacted Jagganoth directly and made a similar offer, but Jagganoth actually heart what Metatron was saying because he wasn't screaming at the time. So he's actually carrying out the will of Metatron and the Thorns are just working in the name of Metatron but don't actually know what he wants.

On the other hand, I like the idea that Metatron has just gone insane and Jagganoth and the Thorns are just interpreting his babbling differently. He still has the power to make people unstoppable monstrosities, but not the ability to direct them.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
what's wrong with mottom's parrot

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

atomicthumbs posted:

I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 23, 2016

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Nothing, it's just stunned.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Chatty, philosophical Mottom is starting to weird me out. More in common with Ciocie than I expected, too.

atomicthumbs posted:

It's pining.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wonderslug posted:

Chatty, philosophical Mottom is starting to weird me out. More in common with Ciocie than I expected, too.

She hasn't had anyone to interact with besides herds of groveling supplicants, a miserly dog, a slurring piece of rock, an omnicidal colossus, a sex offender, a rouged-up pile of worms and Beardo McIndieband for at least half a kalpa now. Lady's probably grateful for the company, even if she'll wind up trying to murder it anyway.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Oxxidation posted:

She hasn't had anyone to interact with besides herds of groveling supplicants, a miserly dog, a slurring piece of rock, an omnicidal colossus, a sex offender, a rouged-up pile of worms and Beardo McIndieband for at least half a kalpa now. Lady's probably grateful for the company, even if she'll wind up trying to murder it anyway.

One's company and two's a PERISH?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The dark twisted fate for Alison is that she'll become a libertarian. :(

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
No, her fate is worse.

OC do not steal

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Fate will warp you beyond recognition, huh?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man the crossover with hitmen for destiny will be incredible. :allears:

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

I wasn't expecting her to seem to have this much self loathing. It remains to be seen if this is an act or not though.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

akulanization posted:

I wasn't expecting her to seem to have this much self loathing. It remains to be seen if this is an act or not though.

That doesn't surprise me so much; after all, her words during the meeting they had a while back indicated she was expecting Zoss('s successor) to come murder them all sooner or later, and she talked about how pathetic they all are, herself included. I'm more surprised by how candid she's being, myself.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

That doesn't surprise me so much; after all, her words during the meeting they had a while back indicated she was expecting Zoss('s successor) to come murder them all sooner or later, and she talked about how pathetic they all are, herself included. I'm more surprised by how candid she's being, myself.

In that regard, I think that Allison's a pretty safe person to bare her soul to. She isn't quite a threat, but she's about as close as any of the demiurges get to having an equal that isn't potentially looking to pounce at the first sign of weakness. When you may well be more powerful than a god, but not secure or happy, it's probably really hard to find someone to talk to.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah it doesn't look like she's got a lot of people she can talk about this poo poo to who might get any of it (imagine trying to have this conversation with Solomon), so she's playing the voice of experience initiating the new girl to her new job as a Hero. also she's probably about to try to throw Allison at Jagganoth in the hopes that they kill each other

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 24, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That, and Mottom kind of needs to believe this to be true because otherwise it means being a terrible person is her own fault.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
... You know, we keep assuming Jagganoth was actually visited by an angel in his dream. Who else is known to come to people in dreams and gently caress with their heads?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

SexyBlindfold posted:

... You know, we keep assuming Jagganoth was actually visited by an angel in his dream. Who else is known to come to people in dreams and gently caress with their heads?

Feel like if that's true, Inc would've used/manipulated/beaten Jagganoth way back in the hellwar. Also doesn't explain where he got the hardcore invulnerability nailwings from.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Okay I really like this comic but I feel like I'm following maybe a third of what's actually happening, is there by any chance like an annotated read-along thing or should I just go through this entire thread when I decide to reread from the start

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

That, and Mottom kind of needs to believe this to be true because otherwise it means being a terrible person is her own fault.

I don't think the two are particularly contradictory. She's not saying she's literally a helpless pawn of a deterministic universe and could never have been otherwise, she's saying this is the end result of all the choices she made in the process of having to fight off the entire rest of the Universe.

flatluigi posted:

Okay I really like this comic but I feel like I'm following maybe a third of what's actually happening, is there by any chance like an annotated read-along thing or should I just go through this entire thread when I decide to reread from the start

It's Labyrinth but the baby is a skeezy college dude, David Bowie is a consortium of demigod tyrants, and Hoggle is an immortal atomic cloud of eyeballs that knows Hokuto Shinken

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 24, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

flatluigi posted:

What confuses you? Maybe the others and I can help ya out

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Read the comic, read the text below the comic, read the comic's alt text, skim the comic's comments.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's Labyrinth but the baby is a skeezy college dude, David Bowie is a consortium of demigod tyrants, and Hoggle is an immortal atomic cloud of eyeballs that knows Hokuto Shinken

Huh.

That works.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The real answer I'd give is just go through the thread, there's definitely lore passed down through author comments on tumblr and the comment threads under the pages that you won't get through the comic itself, and it's just easier to glean that stuff from what people have posted here.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Wait, does that make Cio Ludo or Sir Didymus?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

:eyepop:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

paranoid randroid posted:

eagerly awaiting the training montage where Mottom makes Allison carry her around in a papoose and magically lift an x-wing out of the swamp

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
And yet, we can't vote individuals posts :five:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I can't cope with that picture. I keep coming back to the thread, giggle for a bit, and then go back to what I was doing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

This is unbelievably precious.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Operant pls

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

:perfect:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Literally voted thread five for that picture.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

whowhatwhere posted:

Literally voted thread five for that picture.
Same, but also because papoose is a fun word.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

This is great, someone should reverse it and make it avatar size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Be sure and send that to Abaddon, if you haven't. I'm certain they'd appreciate it.