Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ItBurns posted:

holy poo poo is wvw a trash game mode

much like your posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Is there a recommended way to get ascended gear? I asked in GOON chat about ascended accessories and got unclear answers.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
^Do fractal dailies. You could also do spvp and wvw reward tracks but fractals are by far the best for ascended boxes.

WvW reset was amazing tonight, great fun SFD

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Schpyder posted:

I won't be around on Saturday, but given the large number of new/returning goons lately and the new free 80 boost, I'd be up for running some HP trains in the upcoming weeks. Sunday missions turnout has been abysmal lately, so I might do it in lieu of that for a while?
But if we don't do Sunday missions what will I have left to live for? :ohdear:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 23, 2016

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I've never done a fractal before, and I've hardly done dungeons.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Okay saying that I just opend all my bouncy rank up and track boxes from reset tongiht.

I got 1 armour box and 2 weapon boxes.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Magres posted:

much like your posting

I am just angry that I ranked up to 70 and now have to grind to rank 420 to correct my mistake.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

quote:

Here are the worlds for NA:

Now: 12 Worlds – 4 Tiers
Previously: 24 Worlds – 8 Tiers
  • Yak’s Bend & Anvil Rock
  • Blackgate & Eredon Terrace
  • Jade Quarry & Isle of Janthir
  • Tarnished Coast & Kaineng
  • Dragonbrand & Sanctum of Rall
  • Fort Aspenwood & Borlis Pass
  • Sea of Sorrows & Gate of Madness
  • Maguuma & Devona’s Rest
  • Stormluff Isle & Crystal Desert
  • Darkhaven & Ferguson’s Crossing
  • Henge of Denravi & Ehmry Bay
  • Northern Shiverpeaks & Sorrow’s Furnace

This should be interesting.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Magres posted:

much like your posting

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There goes my hopes that JQ and Maguuma would be matched so that I don't have to pay gems to transfer :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm actually legit sad now that the maps are being changed back because merging servers together to up the population is like the best thing ever and takes care of pretty much the one big problem the new maps had

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Almost as good as loving the dog.

Arus no, animals can't consent

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Proof that this is the best patch: My PVP scrub newbie self got an ascended chest drop from my daily fight! And, as it is the only way to choose, I selected the medium top because it is the cutest.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Schpyder posted:

I won't be around on Saturday, but given the large number of new/returning goons lately and the new free 80 boost, I'd be up for running some HP trains in the upcoming weeks. Sunday missions turnout has been abysmal lately, so I might do it in lieu of that for a while?

I mean, higgsraid is at 9pm est. If we can line it up to where a hp train doesn't overlap it, then that'd be cool.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Yeah, a 9PM raid would cut right into the meat of when I'd want to be leading a train.

Maybe a weekday then? Train Tuesdays, at 9PM EDT?

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
Wait what pvp stuff can drop ascended gear? sPvP or dailies?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ambi posted:

The reward tracks shower you with loot bags, which have a very small chance of dropping ascended chests.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ItBurns posted:

I am just angry that I ranked up to 70 and now have to grind to rank 420 to correct my mistake.

I just wanted to give you crap :shobon:

What happened with WvW and ranks and stuff? (was this all a weed joke?)

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Magres posted:

I just wanted to give you crap :shobon:

What happened with WvW and ranks and stuff? (was this all a weed joke?)

Think on the number before 70 and be enlightened

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
When is and who to contact for the HP train tonight?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

treizebee posted:

When is and who to contact for the HP train tonight?

If I read the last few posts correctly, it's not set in stone yet. I'm hoping it happens though, gotta get my reaper on.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Ambi posted:

I got it from a reward track in spvp as a surprisingly lucky rng drop!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
underwatercombat.jpg

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I should be on in half an hour or so, so worst comes to worst we can try to do the hp train with whoever shows up or pub it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

underwatercombat.jpg

That's some sick dps mate

e: between tacitus donating one of his balls

and this shrine to SAB

SFD's guild hall is just amazing right now

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 24, 2016

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Ambi posted:

Like others have said the loot boxes from spvp reward tracks have a small chance of dropping them. Also they're affected by your magic find level! I usually save a bunch up and then eat a ton of magic find boost and go to the silverwastes and then open them up. I think I've lucked out on 3 or 4 ascended weapon boxes doing that. Usually I have between ~450 and 600% magic find when I do this. Granted this requires a bit of spvping since you should save up 2 rewards tracks or so worth of boxes and then open them all at once.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wait, you mean I can eat 'MF% with boon active' food, buff myself, then open chests to get better loot :psyduck:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Only PvP track loot chests work this way, since they are designed to simulate loot for players who don't PvE

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The "Daily Adventure" is a nice idea, but you could do with a bit of better explaining, anet. Yesterday I ran around Tangled Depths, looking for a quest that sounded like the one I was supposed to do. Double checked if I'm at the correct spot, which is a bit hard in the new content when there are different levels and the map is flat. I guess I could wiki the name of the adventure, but is that really the point?

In the end I finished five apparently unrelated events, with no chest or whatever at the end. I'm not even sure I want to try the same thing again today. Meh.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
SFD DOES IT AGAIN, SCREWING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR HARD WON LOOT.

This was after they where arguing that an Anet dev must have trolled them because only Anet can summon world bosses

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's some sick dps mate

e: between tacitus donating one of his balls

and this shrine to SAB

SFD's guild hall is just amazing right now

The globe is too loving big, please let us craft divinity reach

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
Anyone done much of the HoT maps since the patch? How much easier is it to grind for currency and ascended materials for crafting 2.0 legionaries compared to before?

I'm kinda keen to try out dungeons again since I only started playing after HoT, no one ever did dungeons. Ever. I feel like I was missing out on a huge part of the game.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

mike12345 posted:

The "Daily Adventure" is a nice idea, but you could do with a bit of better explaining, anet. Yesterday I ran around Tangled Depths, looking for a quest that sounded like the one I was supposed to do. Double checked if I'm at the correct spot, which is a bit hard in the new content when there are different levels and the map is flat. I guess I could wiki the name of the adventure, but is that really the point?

In the end I finished five apparently unrelated events, with no chest or whatever at the end. I'm not even sure I want to try the same thing again today. Meh.

Honest question do you know what adventures are? Have you ever done one? You don't get the dungeon dailies for running around outside the door either. In fact, despite GW2 being a very casual game, most of the content does not actually reward you for just standing somewhere in its general vicinity without actually doing it.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
To expand a little further - adventures aren't like other events where you can just be running about and do it just by being nearby, you have to find a particular NPC to talk to for each one.

Generally they involve running through/around a course of some kind with modified skills, and either collecting things and/or trying to get to the end as fast as possible.

Sometimes they'll be temporarily disabled if a map event is/isn't going, but I think they tried to mitigate that a little lately.

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Anyone done much of the HoT maps since the patch? How much easier is it to grind for currency and ascended materials for crafting 2.0 legionaries compared to before?

The amount of stuff given out now is super generous. I think I opened more pods in DS last night than I did in the previous few months combined.

Deathwing fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 24, 2016

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Hurp Durp Master posted:

I'm kinda keen to try out dungeons again since I only started playing after HoT, no one ever did dungeons. Ever. I feel like I was missing out on a huge part of the game.

The loot is insane, especially the currencies. It's almost spiteful, like some dev flipped his lid and added zeroes to all of the drop rates.

People do dungeons now. They did them before, but they do them now. And fractals.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Deathwing posted:

To expand a little further - adventures aren't like other events where you can just be running about and do it just by being nearby, you have to find a particular NPC to talk to for each one.

Generally they involve running through/around a course of some kind with modified skills, and either collecting things and/or trying to get to the end as fast as possible.

Sometimes they'll be temporarily disabled if a map event is/isn't going, but I think they tried to mitigate that a little lately.

So I have to know the location of that NPC, otherwise I wouldn't find it if it's temporarily disabled. Is there a standard time interval or is it map-dependent RNG?

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011

ItBurns posted:

The loot is insane, especially the currencies. It's almost spiteful, like some dev flipped his lid and added zeroes to all of the drop rates.

Thats what I like to hear. Time to actually stay logged in beyond opening the log in chest. :getin:

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

mike12345 posted:

So I have to know the location of that NPC, otherwise I wouldn't find it if it's temporarily disabled. Is there a standard time interval or is it map-dependent RNG?

No, the start point is always the same and the NPC (and a flag) is always there, just that the NPC will sometimes say something like "Sorry, you can't do this/the area is too dangerous right now. Help with *insert event here* and come back in a bit".

They're all marked on the bigmap also. You really should just take a quick look at the wiki and you'll see what I mean.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Adventures are marked on the map by a guy with a cape. If there's a lock symbol over it, you can't do it right now. Adventures now only lock when the map is on nighttime meta or something particularly awful is happening in their immediate vicinity.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Kessel posted:

Adventures are marked on the map by a guy with a cape. If there's a lock symbol over it, you can't do it right now. Adventures now only lock when the map is on nighttime meta or something particularly awful is happening in their immediate vicinity.

Ok I'm familiar with that symbol, so maybe it was just the limitations of the map vs. the multi-level layout of Tangled Depths that made it impossible. For those that don't know, the daily showed the location of the adventure near "Rata Novus Orchards". Maybe those doubting my cognitive abilites should travel there, and tell me that layout is not confusing. Also I disagree strongly with the idea of guilting "casuals" into "learn 2 get gud" for a new daily feature aimed at the average player.

• Locked thread