Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

RBA Starblade posted:

I could have done without the jumpscares.

BB left me wanting more, DS3 delivered, but there still could have been more IMO.

Bridge the gaps from the horror genre! Video games have been failing in this department for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Babe Magnet posted:

EMBERED DEAD KNOWS BUT ONE DESIRE

EMBERED DEAD SETS HIS SOUL ON FIRE

this is a good-rear end ref btw

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Gross dude don't gently caress half breeds

whats the worst that can happen?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Health at every size

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

whats the worst that can happen?

Luceid posted:

this is a good-rear end ref btw

tyvm

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hey now, thats a different story entirely.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

to be fair "Aldritch" is the answer to "what's the worst that could happen" in any context

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Everyone who's had anything to do with Dragons has had a bad time.

Breeding with them even more so.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

i THINK the Soldering Iron is good for PVP because it is fast, has good range, and stops whoever you hit from using estus for a short time. I say think because every invasion i do has the host with about 50 other phantoms so its hard to tell its usefulness, but it seems to do the trick.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hilarious death of the night: I killed Aldritch as he brought down his rainstorm of death right on top of me, and it kept going even after he was gone. I went from full embered health to dead, but I still got him and his soul.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Lol if you wouldnt gently caress a dragon

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

The description on the Dungeon babyface monsters implies they're failed dragons so I'm inclined to agree.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Lol if you wouldnt gently caress a dragon

Get outta here Nameless King.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There is some canonical dragon loving in this game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I love how they always try to mix dragons in the mix, poo poo goes wrong.

DS2, we tried to make a prototype dragon and weeeelp we made all this crap and whoops.

DS3, well we tried again and yeah it's just not working out.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Looking at the dragons in the souls games

Do dragons deposit eggs somewhere and then expect something to fertilise it, because uh

How else is that gonna work

Coz uh

They're a lot bigger than lords and... Uh...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Too bad somebody smashed the crystal that enabled the originals to live double immortal lives.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
So you know how homophobes are often attracted to men? What if gwyn secretly wanted to gently caress a buncha dragons

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Priscilla turned out pretty cute.

voltcatfish posted:

why are there still no npcs as cool as solaire in any souls successor

wow that's a weird way to spell "Laurentius"

(for real though why haven't there been any npc's as cool & chill as Laurentius since DS1)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I can't find Anri. I found Horace, went to meet Anri in the Catacombs, then killed Horace, and went to tell her, but she was gone. She also never showed up at the Church of Yorshka bonfire, like the guide I checked said, and her summon sign is not showing for Aldrich. Have I missed a trigger?

Also holy cow I finally snagged a Black Knight Greataxe and I jumped from barely 300 AR to 539. It's great!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Priscilla turned out pretty cute.

Priscilla turned out pretty dead.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

Priscilla turned out pretty dead.

Returneth whence thou came :frogout:

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
The dragons did nothing wrong.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
Ran into my first infinite health hacker in the crab woods today. Lured him to the pit with the ladder and knocked him off. Glad that old trick still works!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Returneth whence thou came :frogout:

I came directly from stabbing priscilla in her dumb face so don't mind if I do bitch

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

um wow oh uhhhh mods?????????

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

I came directly from stabbing priscilla in her dumb face so don't mind if I do bitch

do not stab the waifus, the dragons, or the rare waifu dragon

edit: or DS1 gwyndolin

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I like Priscilla and what you did was wrong

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

i THINK the Soldering Iron is good for PVP because it is fast, has good range, and stops whoever you hit from using estus for a short time. I say think because every invasion i do has the host with about 50 other phantoms so its hard to tell its usefulness, but it seems to do the trick.

Now I don't know what to think. When you hit a guy with the Iron a symbol appears on them. I thought as long as the symbol was on them they couldn't drink. But I just had someone heal up while that symbol is on them. So maybe it doesn't work?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

when you hit all 4 phantoms at the fog gate to wolnir with chaos fireball and melt them it should just start blasting strobe lights and air horns everywhere in celebration for both you and them (for being part of such a magical experience)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dazzling Addar posted:

Unironically true.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I chopped priscilla's tail off and didn't even use the weapon because daggers are for nerds

then I fed her soul to frampt because 15,000 souls is more valuable than some retarded scythe

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

Now I don't know what to think. When you hit a guy with the Iron a symbol appears on them. I thought as long as the symbol was on them they couldn't drink. But I just had someone heal up while that symbol is on them. So maybe it doesn't work?

This has been my experience with the drat thing. I just don't know how long the estus debuff lasts, or if it even works as intended at all. The damage is kind pitiful, too, so, for now, I'm shelving it for weapons that do Things.

Unironically true.

I agree.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Babe Magnet posted:

I chopped priscilla's tail off and didn't even use the weapon because daggers are for nerds

then I fed her soul to frampt because 15,000 souls is more valuable than some retarded scythe

Look at this shitface ever talking with The Traitor Frampt.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

I forgive Gwyn for his genocidal crusade because his daughter's monster rack and rear end were insanely ftw.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Look at this shitface ever talking with The Traitor Frampt.

frampt pays you to feed him poop, I'm not going to pass up that kind of entertainment

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Frampt makes the crestfallen warrior's life harder so gently caress him

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Luceid posted:

I forgive Gwyn for his genocidal crusade because his daughter's monster rack and rear end were insanely ftw.

That was an illusion made by his cult leader son, and not real.

She probably looked more like Smough.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dazzling Addar posted:

Honestly yeah no they didn't do poo poo. Gwyn and his posses just got a mad taste of power and wreck their poo poo.

I blame Seath. He's the one who helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

Soldering Iron's description is misleading. The debuff for it gives actually reduces estus healing by 50% instead of blocking it altogether.