Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

I feel like that's just a selfie stick with a spoon taped to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Oh man, this reminds me of one of the worst Shark Tank pitches I ever saw. It was a stuffed elephant, that was supposed to be the Elephant in the Room, and the idea was that you put it out somewhere visible when you had a relationship problem you wanted to talk about with your partner.

A $60 stuffed animal for people who are too passive aggressive to say "Hey, can we talk about X?"

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/10/9120905/shark-tank-elephant-chat

Bonus detail - apparently they are divorced now.

Lifehack: Get rich by selling lovely stuffed elephants for 60$.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

SpacePig posted:

A long spoon with a thing to hold your phone on the end. This is the future Asimov envisioned for us. The future is now.

That'd be Orwell.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Entire planet just bringing you down? Order an exterminatus to keep those pesky heretics and lifehackers from spreading! #EmprahHax

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm going to invent a god drat selfie stick with a noose attached.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I've invented the selfie iLaptop. You just insert your phone onto the cradle above the screen.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm going to invent a god drat selfie stick with a noose attached.

I'm going to periscope my autoerotic asphyxiation

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Karate Bastard posted:

That'd be Orwell.

Nah, pretty sure this is some Brave New World poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scientastic posted:

Difficulty in digesting mushrooms is due to natural variation in chitinase expression, which is not very high in Western Caucasians for similar reasons to lactase expression being low in South East Asian populations.

High chitinase levels and activity in digestive juices are observed in around 1 in 5 white European-descended people. So I guess you're one of the unlucky 80%. Assuming you're Caucasian. If not, you're astonishingly unlucky, because almost every other human genetic clade expresses pretty high levels of chitinase by comparison.

So what you’re saying is that I’ve won the genetic lottery by being able to digest both mushrooms and milk without issue.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

CellBlock posted:

Nah, pretty sure this is some Brave New World poo poo.

All I'm saying is we got Orwell beat by a wide loving margin mang. Wide margin. #watch #me #poop #nsa

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

So what you’re saying is that I’ve won the genetic lottery by being able to digest both mushrooms and milk without issue.

Yes. Go forth and breed. Spread your seed far and wide, for the good of humanity.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes. Go forth and breed. Spread your seed far and wide, for the good of humanity.

My girlfriend will be very pleased to know that she picked fine stock, then!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

chitoryu12 posted:

My girlfriend will be very pleased to know that she picked fine stock, then!

Provided both of you know how to chew your food before swallowing it and can teach that to your offspring. Be fruitful and multiply masticate!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SpacePig posted:

A long spoon with a thing to hold your phone on the end. This is the future Asimov envisioned for us. The future is now.

It's true, novelty items never existed until [age at which person started to get old and out of touch].

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Guy Mann posted:

It's true, novelty items never existed until [age at which person started to get old and out of touch].

Novelty items have been around since forever, but I've never heard them referred as "sci-fi gadgets".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

But what if I don’t have the genes for high‐altitude breathing? :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

But what if I don’t have the genes for high‐altitude breathing? :ohdear:

Even if all the icecaps melt we shouldn't end up stranded on Everest, so you should be fine.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still plan on growing gills and fighting people that smoke cigarettes

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Even if all the icecaps melt we shouldn't end up stranded on Everest, so you should be fine.

If the ice caps melted and sea level rose the air pressure at the new sea level would be almost the same as it is now.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Hate for *new novelty thing* seems rich from the generation that made the guy who invented the Pet Rock a millionaire. And Chia Pets.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
And Rock Lords. Never forget Rock Lords.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

moist turtleneck posted:

I still plan on growing gills and fighting people that smoke cigarettes

"It's the apocalypse, better drink my own piss!"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

"It's the apocalypse, better drink my own piss!"

Are hipsters into this yet?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wipeout posted:

Yeah, it's called "kombucha".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

wipeout posted:

Wanna see that pop-up restaurant.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If you need to drink someone under a table, just eat a stick of butter beforehand. #hacked

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kalstrams posted:

If you need to drink someone under a table, just eat a stick of butter beforehand. #hacked

If I need to drink someone under a table I dissolve them in acid, then neutralize the acid, then pour them into a Moomin mug, then crouch under the table, then drink them under the table.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

If I need to drink someone under a table I dissolve them in acid, then neutralize the acid, then pour them into a Moomin mug, then crouch under the table, then drink them under the table.
You could just challenge them to sing all words in their national anthem faster than they can in yours.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kalstrams posted:

You could just challenge them to sing all words in their national anthem faster than they can in yours.

Swedes would beat me with "Glög glög glög glög surströmming och pepparkakor håppsan!"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Swedes would beat me with "Glg glg glg glg surstrmming och pepparkakor hppsan!"
I mean that they would have to sing your anthem while you sing theirs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jerry Cotton posted:

Swedes would beat me with "Glög glög glög glög surströmming och pepparkakor håppsan!"

Harsh.

But accurate.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kalstrams posted:

I mean that they would have to sing your anthem while you sing theirs.

Yeah I got that?
Oh wait yeah sorry.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I thought you guys'd start ripping on why you'd wanna eat ruinous amounts of grease just to win something that's a walk in the loving park for anyone who's drunk themselves into crippling alcoholism but whatever this works too #soylent #mcslurry

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
LIFEJACK: put some dish soap in your bong water to keep it from getting dirty

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Parental hacks:

Hold your children's teeth hostage for better discipline:

NICELY

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Due to the amount of bodies in the bed?

Is the tooth fairy Norman Bates's mother?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gurl I think you be a wee bit too young or a wee bit too certifiable to legally be having any orgies now y'hear?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

If you ask your mother NICELY she will even help you dispose of the bodies.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Palpek posted:

Hold your children's teeth hostage for better discipline:

NICELY

I can just imagine the person who wrote this... I think I've read her Yelp reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Yo maybe just tell your kid to clean their room.

Just be like

"Clean your room."