Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shindragon posted:

DD Neon is just goddamn 80s as hell and the villain is just full of bone puns. Plus a very kick rear end soundtrack.

Here I'll give ya a sample.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4plVuPWNicU

Before you recommend this, you should make sure not to recommend it for PC. It's crash prone under any circumstances, but it's straight up unplayable on Windows 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like shovel knight and I would love to hopefully put together a plague knight cosplay one day that doesn't look like poo poo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i watched someone play star fox zero and

it looks fun

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

axleblaze posted:

For me TP was really hurt by the fact I played it right after Okami. It made a good but flawed game seem so much worse. I mean I know people also have mixed feelings about Okami but it's literally one of my favorite games ever so TP didn't stand a chance.

Okami is amazing but it came out back when I was still renting games from blockbuster. My biggest problem with it was that it just kept going and going. Not in a bad way, just in a "I'm not going to be able to finish this in a week" way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i had the ds okami and i couldn't get into it for some reason. was it a good game?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Oh hey, that's Brawlhalla in the background. I kind of tangentially know one of the people who works on that. The trailer looked cool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

raditts posted:

Before you recommend this, you should make sure not to recommend it for PC. It's crash prone under any circumstances, but it's straight up unplayable on Windows 10.

Yeah but only the PC version has online co-op.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My entire evening playing free Rocket League:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifc78XWRjpk

:shepicide:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

:smith:

Son of a biiiiiiiiiitch.

I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to windows 10.

gently caress.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I keep wanting to play DS3 but before I buy it I remember how little I actually played Bloodborne and keep turning away

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shindragon posted:

:smith:

Son of a biiiiiiiiiitch.

I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to windows 10.

gently caress.

Yeah, I had to do a dual boot with Windows 8 just to finish that game. They did an utter poo poo job porting it and by all accounts they have no intention of fixing it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thank you, FactsAreUseless, for recommending Dragon's Doggo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

raditts posted:

Yeah, I had to do a dual boot with Windows 8 just to finish that game. They did an utter poo poo job porting it and by all accounts they have no intention of fixing it.

Which is a shame, because it makes the original devs look bad, when they did a rather splendid job.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

raditts posted:

Windows 10 wasn't out when Double Dragon Neon released on Steam, you genius.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

Windows 10 wasn't out when Double Dragon Neon released on Steam, you genius.

What the gently caress does that have to do with anything, it's a crashy dumpster fire on any version of Windows. It's just "crashes on startup or shortly thereafter" level on Windows 10.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Not pictured: my friend and I glitching the car into the tutorial area in borderlands and driving it straight through a wall into the out of bounds area

Didn't get to explore much out of bounds tho since the game killed and respawned us :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite out of bounds in a recent video game is the Big Nothing in Mad Max.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

minish cap is fun but it sucks being limited to the two buttons because it's a GBA game. i wish they allowed for, like, L+button or R+button to have more items equipped at once

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dad Jokes posted:

What are people's favorite co-op games on PC? My friends and I just finished torchlight 2 and trine 2, so I'm looking for suggestions on what to play next.

We've already played broforce, monaco, castle crashers, and left 4 dead, if that helps.
The Saints Row Series. A full open world GTA-style 2 player coop campaign. It must be hard to pull off because no one else does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jkrOo-sDKs

Jay Rust posted:

I played the original Payday with a friend for a few hours a whole ago, thinking that it'd be Rainbow Six but with bank heists, but nope, it's just a cop-shooting rampage simulator. Is Payday 2 the same way?
Yes, they're zombie horde games with the cops acting as zombies.

Some of the maps in Payday 2 offer an extra level of planning and customization - such as choosing specific escape routes, purchasing ammo drops and sniper backup, stealth options, etc., but they are absolutely not "get shot once and you die so be careful" games like Rainbow Six.

Ostentatious posted:

resident evil 5 was where you shoot black people right
Right. http://www.mtv.com/news/2456617/newsweeks-ngai-croal-on-the-resident-evil-5-trailer-this-imagery-has-a-history/

axleblaze posted:

For me TP was really hurt by the fact I played it right after Okami. It made a good but flawed game seem so much worse. I mean I know people also have mixed feelings about Okami but it's literally one of my favorite games ever so TP didn't stand a chance.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Its true, Okami is the best Zelda game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

i had the ds okami and i couldn't get into it for some reason. was it a good game?

It's not awful but it is very uninspired and was obviously made by other people after Clover had been disbanded, same as the DS Viewtiful Joe game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

the DS Viewtiful Joe game.

That game was like eating reheated denny's at a 5 star restaurant.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heh, yeah, that one wasn't good...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box A posted:

Yes, they're zombie horde games with the cops acting as zombies.

Some of the maps in Payday 2 offer an extra level of planning and customization - such as choosing specific escape routes, purchasing ammo drops and sniper backup, stealth options, etc., but they are absolutely not "get shot once and you die so be careful" games like Rainbow Six.

More on this: some levels can be done without "triggering the alarm" and getting all the cops, but it's difficult and can go bad rather quick. Some levels are automatically "alarmed" by design, and at least one is "alarm = fail". Why sneak? You can get more done faster; if the alarm does go off, you're that much further through objectives, and that much closer to completion.
It has a considerable amount of customization for skills and weapons, but last I played, certain weapons with certain designs were "top tier" and everything else was cruft with regards to the hardest difficulties, same with skills. It's to note that the first game was essentially a game mutation for Left 4 Dead, complete with special enemies, waves, and decent(but predictable) AI.

I think the worst part of all of this is that the overall arc was sympathetic to the African oppression, but the imagery was not well managed.

Evil company comes in, runs roughshod all over impoverished African locales, and the locals are taken by a fast-moving infection brought about by moneyed interests. Evil company exploits African cultures and riches for profit, a native people are essentially exterminated, and advanced ancient culture is lost.

The changes were "We made the zombies multicultural! :haw: " and it didn't do much, but "it's enough :shrug: "

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Also getting infected with the virus makes Africans start chucking spears and wearing grass skirts because :biotruths:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mistle posted:

It has a considerable amount of customization for skills and weapons, but last I played, certain weapons with certain designs were "top tier" and everything else was cruft with regards to the hardest difficulties, same with skills.

The weapon rebalance has transformed this quite a bit. There are a handful of guns that really stand out, but the October rebalance really bumped up the power of guns that were previously nigh-unusable garbage. You can make just about anything work on the highest difficulty if you keep the weapon's shortcomings in mind and click heads.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is a good co-op game

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

FirstAidKite posted:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is a good co-op game

My friend you are a welcome guest in my video game home any time

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dislikes: Actual Real Girls

I'm buying the game now for this man.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

i watched someone play star fox zero and

it looks fun

I played through the first five areas or so this morning and

it was fun

But I've gotta say, I can completely understand some people hitting a brick wall with the default controls. Solely, I think, to how different the control scheme is from...every other game out there, or at least all the ones I've played. For someone who plays gyro splatoon, or is generally practiced at picking up new control schemes, it shouldn't be a big deal. To everybody else, I can totally see sf0 as appearing overwhelming. It controls well when you know what you're doing, but when you don't, it's star fox: qwop

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Its kind of become a recurring thing with Platinum that they just seem to be pretty bad at teaching the player the mechanics of some of their games in general.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I just realized that the Mad World commercial for Gears of War is going to be 10 years old in just a few months. Getting old sucks.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good morning thread.

Grandia 2 is $10 on Steam so I picked that up. I've never played Grandia 2 so I have no idea what I'm in for.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Dislikes: Actual Real Girls

Weight: Immeasurable

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I've been playing through Dark Souls 3 and The Division during the last week or so, and it's incredible seeing the contrast between what modern gaming is capable of and what it actually turns out to be in most cases. This is the last loving time I'm going to believe it when people tell me the newest AAA shitfest is different from all of the other AAA garbage shooters out there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

I've been playing through Dark Souls 3 and The Division during the last week or so, and it's incredible seeing the contrast between what modern gaming is capable of and what it actually turns out to be in most cases. This is the last loving time I'm going to believe it when people tell me the newest AAA shitfest is different from all of the other AAA garbage shooters out there.
Everyone falls for a couple.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's true: The Division is a bad game.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I suggested it would be a better game if it weren't a slow-paced cover shooter and people were like "how else can a shooter work? the only alternative to a cover shooter is a bunch of snipers one hit killing each other." :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Adam Bowen posted:

I suggested it would be a better game if it weren't a slow-paced cover shooter and people were like "how else can a shooter work? the only alternative to a cover shooter is a bunch of snipers one hit killing each other." :lol:

It could be a FPS with vehicles, which there aren't enough of.

• Locked thread