Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lmao at people who can't dance to fade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just do the stanky leg to everything

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://vimeo.com/160816279

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Best video since https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZMKfFHU3U

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aziz's life looks pretty sweet

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

this is beautiful

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

-Atom- posted:

Why doesn't anyone like Facts, the best song on Life of Pablo?

it's definitely not the best song on tlop but i listen to it a lot

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Call Me Charlie posted:

I've messing around with the tracklist and found this flowed pretty good. Besides missing something between Freestyle 4 and Low Lights.

Father Stretch My Hands
Pt. 2
Feedback
Highlights
No More Parties In LA
Freestyle 4
Low Lights
FML
Ultralight Beam
Real Friends
Waves
Frank's Track
Only One

Also loving this image that was up on Tidal.

I've really been missing Only One on the album and I like it a lot so I'm glad you included that and all, but seriously, did you just redo the album and leave out Famous?? The Taylor Swift line is crass and oversaturated sure, but the Rihanna/Nina Simone choruses and the Sister Nancy mashup is incredible. It's probably my second favourite song on the album after ULB, which is one of Kanye's best ever songs imo

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

if 808s was a dividing line, i would definitely pick pre-808s over post-808s

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol
If this has been posted already, it deserves reposting:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7326304/japanese-producer-toyomu-kanye-west-life-pablo

"Japanese producer TOYOMU created an entire album called Imagining “The Life of Pablo” based on what he thought Kanye West’s The Life of Pablo sounded like -- without ever listening to the actual record."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A$AP Rocky brought out Yeezy at Coachella to play Father Stretch My Hands :stare: drat son

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jack U brought out Kanye too :psyduck:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Jack U brought out Kanye too :psyduck:

Look man Kanye's got 63 Mil he needs to pay off. You could probably get him at birthday parties for maybe like a stack or something.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dexo posted:

Look man Kanye's got 63 Mil he needs to pay off. You could probably get him at birthday parties for maybe like a stack or something.

I believe that was already payed off thanks to Kim Kardashians iOS game lol

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A$AP Rocky brought out Yeezy at Coachella to play Father Stretch My Hands :stare: drat son
It was lit other than his mic not really being on

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Paperback Writer posted:

It was lit other than his mic not really being on

rap_show.txt

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

edit: wrong thread

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 18, 2016

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Kanye changed Yeezus today: https://t.co/hdMVPDtAjW

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, Ye's being sued for that tweet about TLOP never being available outside of Tidal.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:laffo: Can't wait to see the poo poo storm if he goes back to like College dropout or Late Registration and changes something.

Double :laffo:

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What, is he gonna make yeezus fun to listen to?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Already did

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Welp, make sure you have a copy of MBDTF before that gets changed.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

I dunno if a judge will hear this. How do you prove people who saw the tweet signed up for tidal because of it?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

echronorian posted:

I dunno if a judge will hear this. How do you prove people who saw the tweet signed up for tidal because of it?

They're going to use Kanye's massive Twitter following to argue it, I guess.

You can't prove commercials made anyone do anything, either. They just need to make the case that his tweet was promotional material.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Tidal themselves only ever claimed that the early "preview" version would be exclusive to their service, which it was. This guy has no case and is just mad that he actually spent money on a Tidal subscription

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I miss the old Kanye

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
those yeezus changes aren't new, it's just a mix he made for iTunes back in 2013

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

Tidal themselves only ever claimed that the early "preview" version would be exclusive to their service, which it was. This guy has no case and is just mad that he actually spent money on a Tidal subscription

I dunno, the tweet seemed pretty explicit. And it came from Kanye himself, who can reasonably be expected to be an authority on the release plans of his own album.

Not saying I agree with the case necessarily, but I think it has a shot of going forward.

But also no one should have spent money on Tidal to be honest. I had a free trial for the entire time that TLOP was exclusive, though I'm not sure if they sent out the free extension to everyone. Also some people might not have been able to get the free trial if they had already done it previously for whatever reason?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Bass Bottles posted:

I dunno, the tweet seemed pretty explicit. And it came from Kanye himself, who can reasonably be expected to be an authority on the release plans of his own album.

That's not true at all. Unless they're independent (and depending on the contract, of course)t, artists often don't get to control when/how their albums are released-they turn them in and it's up to the label to do what they will after that.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

alansmithee posted:

That's not true at all. Unless they're independent (and depending on the contract, of course)t, artists often don't get to control when/how their albums are released-they turn them in and it's up to the label to do what they will after that.

I wasn't saying it was his choice, just that consumers have a reasonable expectation that if Kanye West's official Twitter feed claims the album will never go on Apple Music, it will never go on Apple Music. He can be considered an official spokesman for his own album.

Again, not saying he's definitely gonna lose the case, but I think there is a legitimate chance that he could. Maaaaybe. At least a small chance.

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

On the topic of re-ordering the album, Kanye definitely didn't completely know what he was doing, since he decided for some godforsaken reason to replace Fade with Waves and move Fade to the bonus tracks. FML > Real Friends > Wolves is one of Kanye's greatest combos, but if it started with Fade it would be even better. Listening to those four in a row is like an otherwordly experience.

EDIT: My favorite tracklist for the album was the very original one, I'm thinking. IMO it kills all of the filler and removes the non-filler tracks that I still didn't enjoy (looking at Ultralight Beam, Feedback and Low Lights).
Famous
Father Stretch My Hands, Pt. 1
Pt. 2
Waves
Highlights
30 Hours
No More Parties in LA
Fade
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
Frank's Track (included because I feel it's still just an extension of Wolves as opposed to a separate track.)

It doesn't necessarily flow together as well as the second-to-last tracklist does, but it's the best listening experience for me.

a fragile ego fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 22, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I actually love that Fade closes the album, it's so different from the rest that it's hard to mix in but serves as a weird palate cleanser. Reminds me a lot of The Secret Life of Arabia on Heroes in that regard

I've been thinking about making a resequenced playlist but it definitely keeps Fade at the end (though maybe before any "bonus tracks" if I go that route)

e: okay i'm poking at this album in spotify and this is a real fuckin kobayashi maru of album sequencing. i think i'd have to bust out audacity and chop some poo poo up to make any of this work better than it did originally. i can see why he gave up and just went with the bonus track structure, even if it relegated fade and no more parties to bonus status

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 22, 2016

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Taking Ultralight Beam off the album is the worst decision you could possibly make.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

aBagorn posted:

Taking Ultralight Beam off the album is the worst decision you could possibly make.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

aBagorn posted:

nooooooo did he really do that?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ruddiger posted:

nooooooo did he really do that?

lol yes

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who removed it? Kanye or some theoretorical bum?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Who removed it? Kanye or some theoretorical bum?

? someone in the thread 'improving' the album, literally 7 posts up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

aBagorn posted:

• Locked thread