Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I mean a circus ape could glance at that crasskitty thread and see 95% of people thought the op was retarded, 4% were like lol what the gently caress is this poo poo and one percent got triggered and had mintchip flashbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Jesus loving Christ, Lex.

http://i.imgur.com/h59EiWT.png

What a massive oval office.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What are slave implants?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lucifirius posted:

These are the good guys of eve online

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Landsknecht posted:

i mean it really depends what you want to do but some people like to hardcore make isk and that's it

personally i find doing higher-end wormhole stuff kinda rewarding (and I'm gonna start doing it again) because you get to chill in mumble, have some interesting pve in tight comps, watch out for pvp, all while in (now good looking) BIGASS SPACESHIPS

like i kinda forgot about what made eve cool but when i came back and rolled around shooting stuff in a spaceship i remembered what i liked about this game way back

What corp/alliance are you in? I know you're not in the Imperium.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What are slave implants?

currently they give a percentage bonus to armor, the slave implant name is going to be shield or something? but current slaves will be renamed to something else

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Narciss posted:

Why are you guys so quick to preemptively slander people who, as far as the rest of us know, left peacefully and in good standing? I've been following this whole drama because it's hugely entertaining, and all I've heard about DJ is that he said "I'm not really feeling the Imperium, I'm leaving but I don't hold any enmity against Goons."

As Garr Khan, your opinion does not matter at all when it comes to a subject such as this.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

currently they give a percentage bonus to armor, the slave implant name is going to be shield or something? but current slaves will be renamed to something else

Are they made of melted down slaves or something.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Foe Hammer posted:

when I click that link the site says, " You have been blocked from using Twitch. Please visit the Support Center for more information on why you may have been banned. "

something with that channel as i'm not banned.

You are probably using a VPN or a proxy server of sorts.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

i dont think so, why would that make sense

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

i dont think so, why would that make sense

Amarr?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
thats why they're called slaves, not that they're made of slaves!!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Sneak dissing the minmatar

I did the Sisters of Eve arc last night and tonight and even though I haven't played in 8 years and I'm on a trial account in a noob corp I still get nervous making 20+ jumps through highsec with a ton of neutrals in local

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also they're sansha right now so them being armor doesn't make much LORE SENSE anymore :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What are slave implants?

Slave implants are faction implants for slots 1-6; they drop from Sansha rats, or can be purchased from Sansha LP stores. Each one gives a small bonus to learning, and also boosts your base armor.

Collectively, a full set of them can add huge amounts of HP to an armor ship, and are basically mandatory if you want to competently pilot an armor-tanked supercapital ship.

At the moment, there is no equivalent implant set for shield supers, which is why they've been historically unpopular. Most shield-tanked supers end up using a set of Nomad implants (increased mobility) instead, because there's nothing better for them to use.

At Fanfest today, they announced that they'll be adding a new set of pirate implants that boost shield HP, to compete / equate with the Slave implants.

There's a tiny bit of weirdness here in naming -- Slave implants currently come from Sansha, which is traditionally a shield tanked NPC race. So, at the same time that they announced the new shield slaves, they announced that all existing Slave implants would be renamed to Blood implants, and sold by Blood Raiders in the future. Sansha agents/rats will provide the new shield implants, which will be called Slave sets.

It's terribly confusing and stupid.

almighty posted:

You are probably using a VPN or a proxy server of sorts.

Good luck, I'm behind seven proxies :toot:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 23, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

In the game lore they come from the Sansha pirate faction, whose members are sort of remote controlled cyber-zombies called slaves. Hence, slave implants.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

vyst posted:

If people bought out entire amazon wish lists for Mintchip there's hope for any burgeoning Internet cam girl.

mintchip literally looks like a boy anyway

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Good luck, I'm behind seven proxies :toot:

I don't imagine you are using free/public VPNs or proxies like he does. Popular free/public alternatives end up getting banned from services like Twitch pretty quick.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What corp/alliance are you in? I know you're not in the Imperium.

ISRAD/PL - you could say it's a rad place

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

almighty posted:

mintchip literally looks like a boy anyway

mintchip is the kind of girl who's just attractive enough to be desired by eve nerds, but not so attractive that they'll give up all hope of a chance (they have no chance)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

almighty posted:

I don't imagine you are using free/public VPNs or proxies like he does. Popular free/public alternatives end up getting banned from services like Twitch pretty quick.

It's an old meme

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

lucifirius posted:

The one about committing suicide in a graphic display was directed at me

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that little fatbody I'D KILL YOU lmbo im pretty sure even xenuria could throw him into the nearest boiling spring

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

frozenpussy posted:

The one about committing suicide in a graphic display was directed at me

quote:

I'd probaby kill you tbh

judging by the picture you posted he does look like owns a few trenchcoats and butterfly knives, keep your eyes open

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I doubt his mother lets him own guns. When he's old enough to punk her out of her social security checks that might change so thanks for the heads up.

that little fatbody I'D KILL YOU lmbo im pretty sure even xenuria could throw him into the nearest boiling spring

I suspected that's what was going on for the past two months. I kept the faith.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 23, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yo SOMEBODY told me to look at the picture again

it's in a dressing room lol that's adressing room selfie

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Read an article about the war going on, remembered I was a Goon who has been missing a game to be involved in since I left Age of Wushu- my only fear is that this game will be too polished. I'll miss the broken English of old, but embrace the rank and file of the new.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

thanks fam :suspense:

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

mintchip is the kind of girl who's just attractive enough to be desired by eve nerds, but not so attractive that they'll give up all hope of a chance (they have no chance)

This Rahne isn't much of a looker either, I just saw a photo which led me to think that she is employed in the repo business.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
hole squad has a few former pirate faction RP'ers in it now and that owns

LemonDrizzle posted:

In the game lore they come from the Sansha pirate faction, whose members are sort of remote controlled cyber-zombies called slaves. Hence, slave implants.

The super cyber-zombies actually only account for a small percentage of the Sanshas Nation fighting force. Most are either generic capsules like us or partially enhanced. While the Nation does employ some mild altering to keep things stable on the Sansha homeworlds outright mind control isn't really a thing. It would be far to difficult and expensive to out fit the entire population with the necessary implants. In addition those on the top strata of Nation society are doctors, researchers, engineers, and others whose freedom of mind is more important than maintained control :eng101:

EDIT: In addition, Sansha's Nation is the only pirate faction that hasn't outright teamed up with other pirate factions in the past, and generally policies their space to get rid of them just like the other empires. Nation ships also employ shields as many of the Nations engineers are Caldari, but the reliance on lasers came from Stain being remote and lasers cutting down on ammunition needs. Essentially everything about nation ships is efficient, lasers don't need ammo, afterburners use less cap, and shields naturally regenerate.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 23, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

it's a nice shirt though you know

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

frozenpussy posted:

it's a nice shirt though you know

it's in a dressing room b/c he cant afford to buy it

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

hole squad has a few former pirate faction RP'ers in it now and that owns

:rip: Guristas/Homestuck crossover remote LARP squad. You were too beautiful for this world.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CSB time about Sansha: Remember when wormholes were first released and CCP gave everyone in the game an Echelon ship and a Purloined Sansha Data Analyzer? If you reprocess the analyzer, it gives you a new gag item, which you can reprocess again, etc.

Eventually, at the end of the reprocessing chain, is this item:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

it's in a dressing room b/c he cant afford to buy it

no biggie I'd still swipe right

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

scandoslav posted:

:rip: Guristas/Homestuck crossover remote LARP squad. You were too beautiful for this world.

We don't have any gurista's guys, but we do have more than a handful sansha's nation dudes and a blood raider guy just joined!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
In other news as of yesterday Deklein is now evacuated. some 4000 contracts and 500 million M3 later. In total I don't think more than 20 ish contracts ended up having to be left behind.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

In other news as of yesterday Deklein is now evacuated. some 4000 contracts and 500 million M3 later. In total I don't think more than 20 ish contracts ended up having to be left behind.

I have tons of respect for your determination and patience.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Zephyrine posted:

In total I don't think more than 20 ish contracts ended up having to be left behind.

I'm the 10% :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

How much isk is that, profit-wise?

• Locked thread