Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So I played a game of urf after coming home from the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also played a game of URF and I sucked horribly at it. I'm bad at this game.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Something just feels good about having Kayle's ult on an 18 second cooldown.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I want to get good with Janna because she is a powerful support character. Before I can even do that, I need to figure out how to even like her and enjoy playing her.

Can someone help convince me to like Janna?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

I want to get good with Janna because she is a powerful support character. Before I can even do that, I need to figure out how to even like her and enjoy playing her.

roleplay a racecar zooming around cause she fast

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

Few champs match her ability to control a fight. There's very very few champions that can blow the enemy team's tanks directly on top of your ADC, or throw nearly dead enemies to safety. This power makes her unparalleled in ability to influence the outcome of a game on even the most meager support budget.

shes good

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
When does URF mode end? I only work weekends so I don't get a chance to play during the weekends :( and I need me some sweet IP on my smurf!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Mikujin posted:

This. Sion is middle-of-the-pack for base HP at level 1, but his HP/level growth is 4th worst, with his base 18 pool ending up at 10th worst across all champions (he actually has fewer base HP at 18 than Sona).

Sion's extra bulk comes almost exclusively from the fact that he likes to build defensively/bulky and that in a solo lane he'll get enough CS to more than supplement his growths (perfect CS at 20 minutes starting with Soul Furnace still doesn't even get him to highest "base", and not maintaining perfection drives him down the list).

Oh yeah I forget about that... I usually jungle with him, and since he gets 5x as much HP for killing large monsters instead of minions, I end up with at least 400 HP from his W passive. And then the bonus %maxHP from Cinderhulk, I routinely hit ~6k HP at full build with only half of my items giving any HP. I think I will ruin someone's normal game tonight and try it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

thank god

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Taciturn Tactician posted:

How does it decrease the uptime? If you get one love tap a second during your AS boost it's only ever on cooldown while active so it has 100% uptime, if you miss one you get 2 seconds of downtime instead of getting eight as soon as you drop your combo. CDR seems way more reliable than trying to keep up an infinite chain. Does strut passive only reactivate on cast? Because if so the uptime on that surely is going through the roof.

AHH FUGH posted:

Did you not read the second part of the notes?

NEW: STRUT YOUR STUFF Cooldown now begins on-cast instead of when the buff expires

So it's literally always off cooldown as long as you AA 2 targets

I was just being pedantic in that pre-patch Strut has 100% potential uptime, so the potential uptime can't get any higher :)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I haven't found anyone who can 1v1 Fiora on Urf yet. Even with slow vital assignment she's still a total monster there with Death's Dance, Ravenous Hydra and Bloodthirster

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly that's really reasonable, it was dumb that it didn't before and maybe they can retune her around that instead.

This is what Grievous Wounds did for the entire game's history up until preseason 2016. They specifically changed it to have an easier time balancing healers without having to worry about items or summoners that arbitrarily make them half as effective. I guess they don't want to do that though, probably because anemic heals are extremely uninteresting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Ormi posted:

This is what Grievous Wounds did for the entire game's history up until preseason 2016. They specifically changed it to have an easier time balancing healers without having to worry about items or summoners that arbitrarily make them half as effective. I guess they don't want to do that though, probably because anemic heals are extremely uninteresting.

man, they really fail at that, huh? I remember Soraka not being much of a problem pre-rework/wounds changes.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Urf Highlight of the Day

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ignite Memories posted:

paging doctor goldfish

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
It might just be me, but I found this Markov Chain predicted patch notes thing hilarious. Reads like how your average goon would try to balance the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

K8.0 posted:

It might just be me, but I found this Markov Chain predicted patch notes thing hilarious. Reads like how your average goon would try to balance the game.

This is hilarious. Jarvan IV:
ANNOUNCEMENT: The landing.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Jhin
-NEW EFFECT: Bonus AD scaling effects for a target while ranks from 4. Replaced with Harvester of Soraka
:captainpop:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Warmachine posted:

Something just feels good about having Kayle's ult on an 18 second cooldown.

Lissandra ult on 22 second cd is also pretty satisfying.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

K8.0 posted:

completely agree with the ryze changes

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

K8.0 posted:

I'm just glad they're nerfing graves E

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Amumu

You can now dance.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
You can make Lucian stand perfectly still and people would still play him

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Azir
UNIQUE ACTIVE - FIRST CAST: Mordekaiser

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm now imagining Azir sending multiple Mordekaisers instead of Sand Soldiers.

Or rather only one, since it's only the first cast.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
New Veigar is stupid as a support. Completely loving broken.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

quote:

Chomp and Bear Stance Turtle Stacking a Baron Nashor Baron Ambassadin

This is what League of Legends conversation sounds like to people who don't play it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

quote:

Zilean cannot be triggered

Someone with talent please make a Red Pill Zilean skin.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Red Pillean XD

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

K8.0 posted:

NEW EFFECT: Lux now gains her sword

Why not, gunblade is in the game already.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I love Mecha Sion's animations and his incidental dialogue has some of the better lines in the game, but for the love of God they need to shut him the gently caress up. He will never shut his drat mouth if you have a decent APM. I want to hear his voice clips, I really do, but I would like to hear them a little bit less often

Tired Moritz posted:

man, they really fail at that, huh? I remember Soraka not being much of a problem pre-rework/wounds changes.

She was a serious problem in lane if your own laning partner wasn't the brightest bulb, but she wasn't exactly the team fight dominating monster she is now. I love Raka more than most people, but even I think she's been too powerful this season. Especially with everyone taking SV now

Aerox posted:

Someone with talent please make a Red Pill Zilean skin.

You barely need to change his Blood Moon Skin, just give him dumb sunglasses, make his robe/kimono thing leather, and put gel pills in his hands

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't forget the fedora.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

Play Janna like an annoying younger sibling. Go up to their melee support like hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Guess what. And if they turn on you run away screaming back to your parents (adc)

The sickest Janna play is not the insec, as too many scrubs think. It is actually the trick tornado plays you can do. For example, say that you're in the middle of bot lane and a wild Udyr appears. Oh no!!! You charge up a Q, which he expects to be straight toward him. Instead, you targeted it 90 degrees to the side, so he runs past it thinking it's already missed him, and gets knocked in the air for eleven seconds or whatever

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Speaking of reverting Grievous Wounds, here's a fun interaction: currently, the heals Windspeaker's Soraka casts on a Runic Armor Trundle with SV in Frozen Domain have 171% effectiveness. He's a complete raidboss. Even after the rollback, they will have 102%. Multiplicative stacking.

If the SV changes go through (less MR, bigger healing buff), the numbers are 178% and 107%. So have fun with that.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Grevious Wounds comes after the total heal has been calculated right? In the Trundle example it wouldn't go from 178 to 128?

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Anyone know how true damage reduction stacks, whether multiplicative or flat?

I've been running Urgot with PD and DD in URF, and I'm curious if I'm getting 77% reduction plus some burn reduction (ult+PD+passive) or more like 60% reduction (assuming the multiple stacking across the sources). Or am I just wasting my time and only the biggest number matters?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Primetime posted:

Anyone know how true damage reduction stacks, whether multiplicative or flat?

I've been running Urgot with PD and DD in URF, and I'm curious if I'm getting 77% reduction plus some burn reduction (ult+PD+passive) or more like 60% reduction (assuming the multiple stacking across the sources). Or am I just wasting my time and only the biggest number matters?

All damage modifiers stack multiplicatively. Also, calling it "true damage reduction" is silly, since damage reducing effects function identically to Armor/MR (and stack with them in the way previously mentioned) - but do not reduce true damage effects.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Nah, stacking's multiplicative. 40% less effective means 60% effective. 60% of 178 is about 107.

Damage reduction is the same way. The ult, armor and MR, and PD passive multipliers–all fractions–give you your final physical and magic damage, 15% of which turns into that true damage dot from DD. True damage doesn't get reduced by anything except invulnerability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

slydingdoor posted:

Nah, stacking's multiplicative. 40% less effective means 60% effective. 60% of 178 is about 107.

Damage reduction is the same way. The ult, armor and MR, and PD passive multipliers–all fractions–give you your final physical and magic damage, 15% of which turns into that true damage dot from DD. True damage doesn't get reduced by anything except invulnerability.

Cool, so basically the PD is overkill. I'm still going to build it anyway. And I realize it doesn't reduce true damage, I just meant in the sense that its not an armor or MR buff like Galio W, but a total reduction like Alistars ult.

• Locked thread