Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I got Dancer within 1 hit of dying on my first attempt, gently caress :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

What is a good level for Aldrich Faithful. 52 seems either too high or too low. My weapons are +6.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

poptart_fairy posted:

Yhorm's a surprisingly tragic dude.
yeah that gimmick was pretty heartbreaking

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That last boss was pretty wicked. I love the vicious attack pattern and combos like old bosses from the first game, healing was an extra special surprise too that threw me for a loop. Though I don't think he can be parried like Gwyn could, even in the Gwyn form. Which is kind of a bummer because, well. It's just not the same :sigh: still really fun though.

Also as usual, dragon form makes everything goofy.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

IronicDongz posted:

yeah that gimmick was pretty heartbreaking

Funnily though, that gimmick seems to affect only HIM, not any others.
Which raises the question if this was an oversight, or he is the only "true" giant

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Also as usual, dragon form makes everything goofy.

Quoting Lobosjr : "wohoo, im an antelope!"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of dragon form, how are the defensive stats on it? Is it better than using the light cloth armors?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

What is a good level for Aldrich Faithful. 52 seems either too high or too low. My weapons are +6.

How can it seem both?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

RatHat posted:

Speaking of dragon form, how are the defensive stats on it? Is it better than using the light cloth armors?

Pretty sure its a bit fat 0

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RatHat posted:

Pretty awful, especially its zero poise. I never figured out how to do the roar either.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

How can it seem both?

Because I'm not getting any hits so I can't tell whether I'm too high or too low.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Because I'm not getting any hits so I can't tell whether I'm too high or too low.

I'm exactly level 52 and I can't go 10 seconds without being summoned. Is your covenant sign in the top left corner flashing white?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nuebot posted:

Pretty awful, especially its zero poise. I never figured out how to do the roar either.

You just use the stone again...

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Hmm. Just bad luck or timing I guess. I don't have any trouble invading manually in the area.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Scylo posted:

I got Dancer within 1 hit of dying on my first attempt, gently caress :(

All these types of posts make me feel like I suck at the game after usually taking around an hour and a half straight before I can beat a boss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RatHat posted:

You just use the stone again...

Oh, see I figured that would make me turn off the dragon so I never used it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

If you're not getting autosummoned it's probably because From randomly assigns your IP to one autosummon covenant or none, and if you're not in that particular autosummon covenant you won't get any autosummons.

That's the only explanation I have for why I can get Watchdog, but no Blue or Aldritch summons.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
:nexus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DmFUU1Ino

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

argondamn posted:

If you're not getting autosummoned it's probably because From randomly assigns your IP to one autosummon covenant or none, and if you're not in that particular autosummon covenant you won't get any autosummons.

That's the only explanation I have for why I can get Watchdog, but no Blue or Aldritch summons.

That's my problem exactly. I could barely get the watchdog covenant unequipped between summonings, Aldrich is a lovely ghost town.

edit; I switched to Mound Makers just now and it took 4 seconds to get an invasion.

Good Lord Fisher! fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 23, 2016

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it, even after reading all kinds of FAQs and walkthroughs I still screwed up Greirat's quest.

I met up with Siegward in the kitchen of Irithyll, sent Greirat to pillage and killed Pontiff, but he turned out dead anyway. Was my mistake that I should've sent him first, THEN talk to Siegward?

I hate how cryptic these quests are.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

skasion posted:

So Oceiros is just delusional right? At first he is making a cradling motion with his arm and talking to his kid, but as you damage him he starts to flip out and realize that Revolver Ocelotte (Revolver Ocelotte) is not actually present. When he goes full quadruped he has obviously realized that there was nobody there to begin with.

...so what happened to Ocelotte? Did the consumed king do a little extra consuming on the side or what? The whole family situation seems a bit whack, the younger prince is the one who is supposed to take the throne despite being a sickly wimp while his brother was a badass knight, the youngest prince of all is mysteriously absent, the dad turned into a goof rear end trogdor man and the mom straight up vanished so hard the game even says "yeah nobody has any idea where she is lol"

this is based on nothing but item lore and my own generous speculation / interpretation of things in game:

oceiros was the king of lothric. his world and aldrich's world are connected enough that they are at least aware of each other to some degree (maybe not friends, but irithyll and lothic have basic trade, etc). when aldrich gets tired of eating actual people he leaves his deacons at the chapel of the deep and he and pontiff s figure out a way to eat a god by summoning & anchoring anor londo to a portion of the pontiff's chapel in irithyll. oceiros is either aware of this, or helps to some degree, because he clearly finds out about seath's crystal sorcery research, which means he either has to visit anor londo himself after it's summoned, or he has to have trade with irithyll, but somehow he has to know about it). the fact that gwendolyn is the god that gets trapped & eaten by aldrich and that anor londo is dark leads me to believe that in the canon ending for DS1 the chosen undead does break the illusion for gwynevere, and so at that point gwendolyn is the only god left in the city. anyway, oceiros either plunders seath's library or has it plundered, and gets it all moved to the grand archives back in lothric, where he goes mad trying to re-create dragons and the moonlight blade. at the same time, his wife (who is never name outright and ultimately disappears) gives birth to the twin princes that you fight, and a third son ocelotte that's also MIA.

i am completely speculating that oceiros' "wife" was priscilla from the painted world - obviously the painted world gets busted up and the monastery guardians get dropped down the belltower shaft. i am also completely speculating that the knight captain of the darkmoon blades is her daughter, also from oceiros, who got put there in hiding for her own safety before priscilla got disappeared. both of these last points are speculation though, and i haven't seen anything in the game to back this up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So I'm on NG+ and after rescuing Greirat in the first area, and defeating the first boss, I never went back to Firelink. Instead I pushed forward through Undead Settlement and got Loretta's Bone, and later went back. Except Greirat isn't here?

Did I gently caress up by getting ahead on the quest without having received it and now he's just hosed off?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

homeless poster posted:

i am completely speculating that oceiros' "wife" was priscilla from the painted world - obviously the painted world gets busted up and the monastery guardians get dropped down the belltower shaft. i am also completely speculating that the knight captain of the darkmoon blades is her daughter, also from oceiros, who got put there in hiding for her own safety before priscilla got disappeared. both of these last points are speculation though, and i haven't seen anything in the game to back this up.[/spoiler]

She specifically says that Gwyn is her dad and the two anor londo gods are her siblings so darkmoon leader isn't priscilla's kid

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nuebot posted:

She specifically says that Gwyn is her dad and the two anor londo gods are her siblings so darkmoon leader isn't priscilla's kid

I've heard this before I kind of took it in a religious way. She's part of Gwyndolin's covenant and that's how he would refer to them. To anyone in the Darkmoon covenant, Gwyn would be Father and Gwynevere would be Sister.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

Is there a zone progression I can follow to not screw up the npc quests? I just started my second playthrough and lost just about every npc on my first. I don't really want to spoil what actually happens for myself, I just don't want those situations like Solaire dying because I didn't give 30 humanity to a spider witch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

where the HECK is allfather lloyd??

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Azazell0 posted:

drat it, even after reading all kinds of FAQs and walkthroughs I still screwed up Greirat's quest.

I met up with Siegward in the kitchen of Irithyll, sent Greirat to pillage and killed Pontiff, but he turned out dead anyway. Was my mistake that I should've sent him first, THEN talk to Siegward?

I hate how cryptic these quests are.

Here's how I did it and Greirat was safe;

Defeated Deacons -> Got first Bonfire in Irythill of the Boreal Valley -> Sent Greirat to scavenge Irythill -> Backtracked to find Sieg in well, exhausted his dialogue -> Backtracked, went up tower in Firelink, Patches locked me in, talked to him through gate, jumped down, found him back at Firelink Shrine in his Vendor Spot. Bought Catarina armour set from him. -> Brought Sieg his armour back. -> Searched for him, found him in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley in the Kitchen. Exhausted his dialogue. -> Defeated Pondiff -> Greirat was back. (Continued Siegward's line by finding him in Irythill Dungeon, freeing him from the cell, then summoning him with Yhorm. Once you kill Yhorm with him, he'll sit down. Exhaust his dialogue and he takes a nap. Quit to menu, come back, and his items will be on the floor at the entrace of the Yhorm arena.)

Patches never asked me where Greirat is either. Greirat came back and was thankful of an Onion Knight.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

SnipeShow posted:

Is there a zone progression I can follow to not screw up the npc quests? I just started my second playthrough and lost just about every npc on my first. I don't really want to spoil what actually happens for myself, I just don't want those situations like Solaire dying because I didn't give 30 humanity to a spider witch.

http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SnipeShow posted:

Do cathedral before farron. Make sure you check up with everyone before you kill a boss and after.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I got up to dragon knight before I found out you make the healing effect of your estus higher by burning items in the firelink shrine. The game is a lot easier than I thought. Oops. :downs:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

10/10

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is Big Hat Logan in this game?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Is Big Hat Logan in this game?

There's a big hat and a logan but the logan is not wearing a big hat

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Is there any good info out there on parry timings or tutorial videos? I'm working on a parry heavy playthrough for a bit of a lightweight build and gently caress if messing up timing isn't enormously punishing and frustrating. Not to cry about anything, I'm just trying to figure things out.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How does the Pontiff's Left Eye work exactly? I can't seem to get any healing out of it with a greatsword

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I have done nothing but defend the mechanics of invasions in the thread but I do have to say that locking out invasions in areas where the boss has already been killed, for both pve and pvp, is some insanely retarded bullshit.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Friendly Humour posted:

How does the Pontiff's Left Eye work exactly? I can't seem to get any healing out of it with a greatsword

You have to get in a lot of attacks in a short time. It's useless with slower weapons. It's pretty useless with fast ones too.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AllisonByProxy posted:

You have to get in a lot of attacks in a short time. It's useless with slower weapons. It's pretty useless with fast ones too.

Welp

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

homeless poster posted:

this is based on nothing but item lore and my own generous speculation / interpretation of things in game:

oceiros was the king of lothric. his world and aldrich's world are connected enough that they are at least aware of each other to some degree (maybe not friends, but irithyll and lothic have basic trade, etc). when aldrich gets tired of eating actual people he leaves his deacons at the chapel of the deep and he and pontiff s figure out a way to eat a god by summoning & anchoring anor londo to a portion of the pontiff's chapel in irithyll. oceiros is either aware of this, or helps to some degree, because he clearly finds out about seath's crystal sorcery research, which means he either has to visit anor londo himself after it's summoned, or he has to have trade with irithyll, but somehow he has to know about it). the fact that gwendolyn is the god that gets trapped & eaten by aldrich and that anor londo is dark leads me to believe that in the canon ending for DS1 the chosen undead does break the illusion for gwynevere, and so at that point gwendolyn is the only god left in the city. anyway, oceiros either plunders seath's library or has it plundered, and gets it all moved to the grand archives back in lothric, where he goes mad trying to re-create dragons and the moonlight blade. at the same time, his wife (who is never name outright and ultimately disappears) gives birth to the twin princes that you fight, and a third son ocelotte that's also MIA.

i am completely speculating that oceiros' "wife" was priscilla from the painted world - obviously the painted world gets busted up and the monastery guardians get dropped down the belltower shaft. i am also completely speculating that the knight captain of the darkmoon blades is her daughter, also from oceiros, who got put there in hiding for her own safety before priscilla got disappeared. both of these last points are speculation though, and i haven't seen anything in the game to back this up.

As someone else pointed out the queen of Lothric was Gwynevere if anyone from the prior games, the divine blessing describes her as being revered as a goddess of fertility and bounty which is verbatim how the DS1 Divine Blessing refers to Gwynevere. Lady has gotten really good at running away before the poo poo hits the fan. I'm just curious where the hell was left for her to run to, I guess there's the manor in Irithyll but she definitely doesn't seem to actually be there..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I guess this really did take some inspiration from Bloodborne, because that sure was an Aldrich abomination I just killed.

Thank you, thank you. Please, no applause necessary.