Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Thrawn200 posted:

Meanwhile two of the top official forum posts right now are discussions about Necrotic having too much fan service which is breaking game lore and something about Hex being great for furries that I couldn't bring myself to read. Both serious discussions from what I can tell.

Should be great first impressions of Hex for any new players finding the forums.

:aaa:

1. Skeletons are naked
2. They are probably right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I've been streaming this here and there and having fun with it. Glad the steam launch is bringing in a lot of new players, less glad the servers are struggling.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Thrawn200 posted:

Meanwhile two of the top official forum posts right now are discussions about Necrotic having too much fan service which is breaking game lore and something about Hex being great for furries that I couldn't bring myself to read. Both serious discussions from what I can tell.

Should be great first impressions of Hex for any new players finding the forums.

:aaa:

Speaking as a goon I feel like I shouldn't like some of the Shin Hare and Coyotle fan art as much as I do, but it's pretty cool.

I guess it would be weird if the official forums weren't terrible.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I like some of the Shin'Hare and Coyotle art, but I don't like the Shin'Hare and Coyotle art :barf:.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
They had to re-do some of the initial coyotle art because it was very obviously furry-influenced and sexualized, from what I remember.

On the other hand you can't be too sensitive about that kind of thing or furries will ruin half of everything on the internet for you.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I'm not a lore guy but the Necrotic do take dead humans and make them alive again, right? I mean, shouldn't all Necrotic basically be rotting corpses? Unless the Hex gems placed in them somehow bring back flesh and hair.

I love the majority of the art in the game, and do feel it improves with each set. I should really probably start using dust to extend some of the art.

As far as the Steam release goes I hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot too much with first the Platinum rate and then the servers being unable to handle the new player load. Hex has dropped to a 70% recommended rate and much of that is from negative reviews about connection issues from people with the bare minimum amount of time ingame.

Would be nice if they updated the launcher so news and updates could show before you even logged in. At least then they could let players know at the login screen when there are issues or an upcoming patch, rather then relying on forums or the Steam community hub and social media. Not all players will be checking those areas for news and updates and are just going to think the game is completely broken and not give it a real chance.

I do like seeing more Magic players leaving positive reviews. My favorite so far is a MTG player who commented about how funny he found it that people were complaining about the price to actually buy packs and enter tournaments, saying how much more expensive MTGO is in comparison and what a poor product it is.

I think Hex has great value and hope new players give it the chance it deserves. Yes we are still a long way off from what was promised during the Kickstarter, but with a growing player base and increased success we might see those features a lot sooner.

Hopefully set 4 doesn't get delayed and the patch/downtime tomorrow solves the server issues.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Protip posted:

I'm not a lore guy but the Necrotic do take dead humans and make them alive again, right? I mean, shouldn't all Necrotic basically be rotting corpses? Unless the Hex gems placed in them somehow bring back flesh and hair.

I also don't really follow the lore beyond what shows up on the cards and in the campaign, but I think the idea is the Necrotic implanted themselves in corpses that the humans had already embalmed, like their old kings and whatnot. I guess I don't really know much about embalming either, but in the real world various kinds of mummies can last without rotting, so maybe they mummification is involved? Of course, if all else fails, magic is always a fine excuse.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Some of the necrotic are pretty funky and rotted, others look human but for the glowy eye deal. Regardless, none of them are running around in chain mail bikinis or dental floss thongs; the person calling them fanservice was just a shitposter who devolved into calling every hex player a woman hating sexist by the second page, then deleted the OP and got a mod to lock the thread. Given that the official forums are basically nothing but shitposters, this is not surprising.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea Necrotic use the bodies of dead royalty because those corpses were pretty well taken care of, it's just a bonus that it annoys the Humans so much

I finally looked up my arena stats; 225 runs with no fights against Uruunaz, only that one "sux 2 b u" page after quitting arena early to make changes to my equipment

Almost 4 million gold spent on chest spins :getin:

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
As far as the necrotic go, I'm pretty sure from a lore standpoint they can inhabit ANY dead human body, including extremely fresh ones that they just killed from a not so fresh one. It's quite believable that they body hop as I don't think them showing up slows the decay of the corpse they just get to animate it for a bit. So fresh faced young girl to ghoulish skeletons I think are all in the range. Sexualizing something dead would also be pretty demoralizing as because of the shard eyes it's pretty easy to figure out that even if they look super attractive they are definitely a walking corpse. I don't think they art is really all that sexy when you understand the lore, and that is a dead body over there. Well I guess unless you are into that kinda thing. I think it's just one more thing that they can use to upset the living. Now I inhabit your dead sister's body, and I'm also going to dress like a dumpster hooker while I'm at it.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes
http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/48989-change-of-platinum-rates-on-steam/&postID=571084#post571084

Steam pricing fixed to match the normal client.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

This is excellent news. It's nice when they make changes quickly based on an obvious negative reaction in the community, and of course how damaging it was as people talked about it on Steam itself.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

One thing I love about Hex is that they always do the right thing eventually. Sad that it usually takes a bad decision first.

It really makes me question their decision making structure. I feel like the bad ideas come from below, and then Cory hears about it and fixes it. That's speculation, obviously, but it's pretty much their story on what happened with the Convocation fuckup last year.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Not only did they fix the Steam rate, they're going to compensate anyone who bought plat at the bad rate.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Thoom posted:

Not only did they fix the Steam rate, they're going to compensate anyone who bought plat at the bad rate.

Good on Hex for doing the right thing. This showing of goodwill is important for the game's first week on Steam. Speaking of Hex is approaching 2,000 players in-game through Steam. Currently just over 1,800 playing.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Is there a way to transfer my account to steam? I hate the normal client.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

TheChad posted:

Is there a way to transfer my account to steam? I hate the normal client.

When you initially fire up Hex through Steam, it will prompt you to log in; once you do, it will automatically use that same login from then on out.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

GaistHeidegger posted:

When you initially fire up Hex through Steam, it will prompt you to log in; once you do, it will automatically use that same login from then on out.

Sweet, thanks.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Anyone with multiple accounts switch to Steam? I sell cards for people on occasion and that would be nearly impossible without running two clients. I assume you can't launch two sessions through steam? Can you have the stand alone client installed while also installing the game through steam?

I actually don't care too much about playing through Steam, but I guess you have to in order to write a review. I'm not going to risk being able to run two clients just to write the review though.

Although... I think technically I can have a 3rd regular account since both of mine have KS codes on them.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone with multiple accounts switch to Steam? I sell cards for people on occasion and that would be nearly impossible without running two clients. I assume you can't launch two sessions through steam? Can you have the stand alone client installed while also installing the game through steam?

You can still run the standalone client independently of Steam, but once you associate an account with Steam it requires contacting support to change anything about the associated account (e.g. Steam won't show you the login window anymore, though it will bring up the authentication if you have it.)

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

katkillad2 posted:

Can you have the stand alone client installed while also installing the game through steam?

You can.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Weekly update is out including Set 4 Champions: https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-primal-dawn-eve/

There will be a 48 hour marathon stream on the official channel during the launch with giveaways, interviews, etc.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyone have any deck recommendations for the VIP? I haven't done much with constructed lately and I'm not going to have a lot of extra time. This weekend crept up on me.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Uzzu might be my favorite of the new champs, but that's obviously with set 3 being heavy on the mind. There were so many double threshold cards with set 3 with little fixing that I cared to use, if that carries over I could see using that champion often.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
All of the new champions except for Fiona are pretty good.

Morgan Mcbombus, Raven Talon, and Yotul Mogak all require you to be running a very specific kind of deck, but they're powerful effects.

Kagulichu fits in any blood/wild deck as an alternative to Krannok.

Uzzu is great in any 3+ shard deck.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

And apparently this is all of Set 4: http://fiveshards.com/spoilers/

Give the page a bit to fully load, with so many cards it looks a little funny at first.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im glad hexent decided to fix that steam price problem, what a terrible idea

also if you want to chat with other hexagoons in slack, pm me or email sigberctstuff at gmail.com. im on SA in general more often than i check my emails or read this thread so pm is the fastest way to get a hold of me :)

you can also pm afgad itt, as well

e: i should have added i need your email address to send the invite

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 23, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Protip posted:

And apparently this is all of Set 4: http://fiveshards.com/spoilers/

Give the page a bit to fully load, with so many cards it looks a little funny at first.

That spoiler list is ~288 cards with a lot of duplicates (AA cards), and there appears to be at least a few missing. Shroompin isn't there (no big deal, it's probably just a 1/1 Shroomkin for 1), and there's no "[Ruby]: The first time xxxx each turn, if this is in your hand, play it for free" card, where I thought we were supposed to complete the cycle of those.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I'm not 100% sure there is a ruby play-for-free card, because it's not actually a 5-shard cycle, it's a racial cycle. We have Elf (Maw of the Hunt), Vennen (Skitter of the Arachnid), Coyotle (Cry of the Eagle), and Necrotic (Force of the Tomb), and that accounts for all four major tribes in this chapter.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Here's a more readable full spoiler. It's also got a couple cards the Fiveshards one doesn't (but it's still missing Shroompin): http://doc-x.net/hex/search.rb?output_format=html_card_table&set_id=004

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is the greatest card I've ever seen;

That little motherfucker is gonna pop a wheelie and you'll be so impressed you forget to even block him

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

My first time playing against the Saph/Blood Azurefate/Phento mill deck tonight, some serious bullshit not being able to respond to terrorantuala eggs entering play. Three times in this VIP I'm dominating my opponent with removal in hand and they topdeck an Azurefate and chain terrorantulas until I'm milled out. Made it to two wins, but still salty.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
said it before but it deserves repeating: gently caress spiders

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yay, made it to two wins. One against eaglov sporting his invitational sleeves. :)

Faced two winter moon, one rutherfurd and one kranok.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

katkillad2 posted:

My first time playing against the Saph/Blood Azurefate/Phento mill deck tonight, some serious bullshit not being able to respond to terrorantuala eggs entering play. Three times in this VIP I'm dominating my opponent with removal in hand and they topdeck an Azurefate and chain terrorantulas until I'm milled out. Made it to two wins, but still salty.

I think I played you! All 4 of my rounds were very close, but I managed to win all 4.

Terrorantualas are kinda bonkers. Good games!

First 4-0 VIP so that's cool.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Dohaeris posted:

I think I played you! All 4 of my rounds were very close, but I managed to win all 4.

Terrorantualas are kinda bonkers. Good games!

First 4-0 VIP so that's cool.

Congrats on the 4-0 :). Yea if you are Sniperguy we played. I played the deck you were playing 3 times in a row and had a mirror match round 4, ended up 3-1. I notice you stream pretty often, I'll have to stop by sometime.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Anyone else just get bumped from the servers?

Edit: Oh well, 3-1 with a support ticket is pretty good.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 23, 2016

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Hey..another of those: "backed this in KS, played for a while" then stopped, picked back when frost arena was released, stopped, picked again now.

The PVE campaign is nice, a bit easy sometimes due to the AI but i'm having fun. Still haven't played around with PVP or anything, maybe later.

I like opening packs so i opened everything i had from King Tier (i think? The first one that granted 1 lotus garden/oak thing now). Opened 3 Primal packs i had and one of them had a Vampire King and i know that guy is worth quite a bit, really thinking about selling him to buy more stuff for drafts or whatever.

Question: is there an easy way to export a list of the cards i own?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hex tcg browser.com has a good .api tool for exporting your collection but I think there is a bug with it or there was recently. Not sure if it's currently functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hex tcg browser.com has a good .api tool for exporting your collection but I think there is a bug with it or there was recently. Not sure if it's currently functional.

It's either fixed, or it's only broken if you use the |All modifier.

I've been using |SaveDeck|Collection|DraftPack|DraftCardPicked|Login and it's been fine.

Here's the link: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

• Locked thread