Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
You're all "nerds screeching" about other theoretical nerds who aren't here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

elf help book posted:

Jokes on them, spats are better.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

elf help book posted:

I wish.

Nintendo literally passed the translation duties off to Atlus to avoid getting more of their employees harassed.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 23, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

elf help book posted:

Let us have this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Renoistic posted:

I wish.

Nintendo literally passed the translation duties off to Atlus to avoid getting more of their employees harassed.

And I'm sure they aren't dubbing it into English to avoid getting voice actors harassed.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Renoistic posted:

I wish.

lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Treehouse is an in-house part of Nintendo you know. They're not contractors like Atlus/Platinum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Renoistic posted:

I wish.

lol No they didn't, the decision to have Atlus translate it had nothing to do with that and was to keep consistency with the translations of other SMT games (since its considerably closer to one of those than an FE game). Nintendo did make a pointed reference that it wasn't them translating it because of that poo poo though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo had Platinum help on Star Fox to deflect furry attacks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yep, nothing weird there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

elf help book posted:

Nintendo had Platinum help on Star Fox to deflect furry attacks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Star Fox Guard is really fun. I think there's a demo available but I'd say it's worth the fifteen bucks as a standalone if you aren't interested in Star Fox at all and want a cool sort of strategy/ tower defense/ shooter game. The multiplayer seems pretty well thought out, with a ranking system and stuff. I'm impressed. There's not a whole lot of strategy in defending but I can see coming up with attack squads being a lot of fun.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Stan Taylor posted:

Star Fox Guard is really fun. I think there's a demo available but I'd say it's worth the fifteen bucks as a standalone if you aren't interested in Star Fox at all and want a cool sort of strategy/ tower defense/ shooter game. The multiplayer seems pretty well thought out, with a ranking system and stuff. I'm impressed. There's not a whole lot of strategy in defending but I can see coming up with attack squads being a lot of fun.

There certainly is not a demo available. At least not in PAL land.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rexroom posted:

There certainly is not a demo available. At least not in PAL land.

My copy of SF0 claims there is.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

My copy of SF0 claims there is.
It's referring to the demo included on the SF0 disc itself, unless I'm mistaken.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

Jokes on them, spats are better.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Everybody has their fetishes.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rexroom posted:

Everybody has their fetishes.

Imagine if someone got off on censorship. What would they even do then?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Oh Yean! That's right, you put on those pants.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Oh you have no idea. There's to s of people that put black bars or blur out thinks so their minds will jerk off to them better. There's even demand, check out bubble packaging.

I liked Wario World

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
We are in a weird place, yet again.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Starfox Zero is an emotional rollercoaster. There are some really really good levels and a couple really really bad ones too. I thought the controls were great, didn't take too long to get used to, but the voices coming out of the gamepad did since I always turn it's sound off for streams. Gyrocopter blows, Landmaster and Walker are good. Took me about 3 hours 15 minutes to beat, and I'll probably play it again tonight or tomorrow.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Downloading SFZ now.

I was looking at the My Nintendo rewards page As cool it is to earn free games, I kind of miss that Nintendo no longer offers free tat and merch for rewards. I got a deck of Koi Koi cards from them that I really liked.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, Does that play like a Fire Emblem game, just set in modern day or is it more of an Altus RPG using Fire Emblem characters?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 24, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's an Atlus-style JRPG.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I really hope Nintendo keeps up the "get the game, get another vaguely related minigame for free" thing they've started with Starfox Zero/Guard.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Why wasn't the other game just a download? Why this full fledged disc thing

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I really hope Nintendo keeps up the "get the game, get another vaguely related minigame for free" thing they've started with Starfox Zero/Guard.

Buy Metroid: Blastball and get the Federation Force minigame free!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Buy Metroid: Blastball and get the Federation Force minigame free!

Hope you're not casting aspersion on Metroid Prime Pinball, that game was cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Because this is cooler.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I really like Nintendo releasing games in cardboard boxes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Renoistic posted:

To answer your question, one character used to just have panties on on stage, but now have pants. We're talking about people who treat a fan translation of the latest FE game like it's the loving bible.

In Japan (and I assume a lot of other places!), stage performers like idols who perform in skirts wear "no-shows", which are often spat-style short shorts designed specifically to prevent panty shots. It's literally more accurate and authentic, and the fact that anyone is up in arms about it means they do not care one bit about anything except getting off to video games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth. And He saw that Nintendo was doomed.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Takoluka posted:

In Japan (and I assume a lot of other places!), stage performers like idols who perform in skirts wear "no-shows", which are often spat-style short shorts designed specifically to prevent panty shots. It's literally more accurate and authentic, and the fact that anyone is up in arms about it means they do not care one bit about anything except getting off to video games.

drat you're pretty knowledgeable about this poo poo

please tell us more dude

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in every idol's eyes i see all other idols, these idol's eyes themselves reflecting idols infinitely. the universe is wonderous

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

General Morden posted:

drat you're pretty knowledgeable about this poo poo

please tell us more dude

what do you wanna know

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

"You hear that, Andross? We're coming for you!" I laugh every time.

Yo Star Fox Zero is great. I love the controls. The game feels like you are playing with toys instead of a video game. The sound design is amazing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Today on Amazon there was briefly a listing for the special edition of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE that was "currently unavailable" without a price or picture and now it's gone and it is driving me nuts that I can't just order this dumb thing from somewhere besides gamestop

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Discs are cool and people will buy retail copies of your game at launch if it gets them additional cool discs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Discs are cool and people will buy retail copies of your game at launch if it gets them additional cool discs.

I'm very tempted and have the Amazon tab open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Housh posted:

"You hear that, Andross? We're coming for you!" I laugh every time.

Yo Star Fox Zero is great. I love the controls. The game feels like you are playing with toys instead of a video game. The sound design is amazing.

Whoever did Direct-i's motor noises deserves a medal.

• Locked thread