Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

The Fallen Knight set I think is starting to show its age. What's a good, fashionable replacement for it? Am melee build with a bit of pyromancy thrown in.

Pontiff Knight set is quite good, and the Dancer after it.

Man Lothric Castle is a real kick-in-the-balls level but I'm surprised to find that the boss is actually rather susceptible to lightning damage. My faith melee quality build is pleased by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Irithyll Dungeon can gently caress right off. It's dark, it's late, I think I'll play again in the morning when the sun is out and the birds are chirping. :cry:

I picked up that item in the first cell and the horrible scream made me jump like a little bitch and run straight back to the bonfire. I put my sign down to do a little recon as a phantom, and then came across those baby-face abominations. :stare:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And in the tradition of Souls games, the one boss (Crystal Sage) I was having a trouble time with, I beat him on my first attempt this morning. Again this is my 2nd run through in the game, and I rarely use magic at all. So it was fun having to learn my timing of when I can throw fireballs.

Thanks to the two goons, yeah I dunno why my other attempts I tried to bum rush him. This time took it slow and methodical, hid behind pillars and waited for openings. I got lucky for the last 3 fireorb shots he didn't teleport after sending out his clones so finished him off for good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Every loving watch dog I fight is Russian with a plastic straw as their net connection, apparently.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How are you supposed to get the crucified guy to fight the "you have 1% hp, gently caress you" guys? He just ignores them no matter what.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Irithyll Dungeon can gently caress right off. It's dark, it's late, I think I'll play again in the morning when the sun is out and the birds are chirping. :cry:

I picked up that item in the first cell and the horrible scream made me jump like a little bitch and run straight back to the bonfire. I put my sign down to do a little recon as a phantom, and then came across those baby-face abominations. :stare:

This is what I did while turning the volume almost off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

How are you supposed to get the crucified guy to fight the "you have 1% hp, gently caress you" guys? He just ignores them no matter what.

Aggro him to get him to leave his cell and then run far away. I've done it twice and both times he switched immediately to slaughtering them.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is there anything I can do with these Estus Shards and Undead Bone Shards in NG+ (besides giving the crow a bone shard)? I don't seem to be able to sell them.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

the music to the dragonslayer armor fight is so good holy poo poo

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
In real life, dogs are the best animals.

in this videogame, specifically in the Untended Graves area, they are the WORST!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I have figured out the secret to the caestus

heavy punch (R2) has mondo poise break

I keep combo the turds out of people my bopping them on the nose and then doing the shield-break kick for a parry.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

sacred flame is the best pyromancy because of how many people DC if you catch them in it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

Aggro him to get him to leave his cell and then run far away. I've done it twice and both times he switched immediately to slaughtering them.

He turns out around and goes back in his cell for me. I guess I'll just do this the tedious way.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Bardeh posted:

baby-face abominations. :stare:

What the gently caress are those things?? Are they hostile, do you leave them alone?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

HnK416 posted:

What the gently caress are those things?? Are they hostile, do you leave them alone?

the first one you come across just chilling up against a wall doesn't seem to be hostile, it just stares at you with its horrible face but there a few others after that which are hostile. They're honestly not even difficult enemies, but walking into that dark room already on edge after the screams and seeing that thing...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All of them apart from one just chilling in a cell are hostile, afaik

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What is it with From and lovely annoying prison sections?

I need some direction: I just killed the Giant in the ruins and I can't find how to get to Anor Londo, which I believe should be my next stop

Vvv I will try that, cheers

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 23, 2016

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What is it with From and lovely annoying prison sections?

I need some direction: I just killed the Giant in the ruins and I can't find how to get to Anor Londo, which I believe should be my next stop

From the Pontiff bonfire travel across the courtyard, up the tower and run across some rooftops while killing archers until you find an opening (first go down and open a shortcut in the building in said courtyard). Go through and you find a rotating staircase you can use to get to where you want to go.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Is it just me, or are most of the endgame bosses just.. not fun at all? I never get that great feeling of beating something really tough from these, I just feel glad that the bullshit's done with and I never have to fight it again. Especially Aldrich who can seemingly just decide to kill you outright with bad move timings (arrows + orbspam + waves), while sometimes he's piss easy. Pontiff who has no stamina and can keep just spamming 10+ attacks in a row until you've dodged your staminabar empty or Dragonslayer Armor who just randomly decides to kill you by throwing literal brown poo poo that does insane damage from outside the arena to you with no telegraphs where the poop will land. The Abyss Watchers, the Old Demon King and the Dancer were fun since dying felt like me loving up somewhere..

I don't mind tough bosses, but none of these seem fair and the deaths feel like the game just taking the piss (although there probably are things I just missed in these? I hope?). Or maybe I'm just getting tired of the DS formula. :(

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I heard that int/faith builds weren't too good in the beginning (or at least until you could sink 50+ points in their stats). I'm planning to respec and start completely over in NG+.

Suggestions on build, weapons, spells? Anything that I should make sure to get in NG before I jump into NG+?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Dropbear posted:

Dragonslayer Armor who just randomly decides to kill you by throwing literal brown poo poo that does insane damage from outside the arena to you with no telegraphs where the poop will land.

The poop comes from the pilgrim butterfly and you can see it coming from 5 miles away.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

RBA Starblade posted:

In my experience, it's really easy to just go parade yourself in front of them and pull them 1-2 at a time to a side passage. The HP reduction can't outright kill you, so as long as you don't get hit you can just perma-stunlock them to death. I was worried about the prison, considering how many people are complaining about it here, but never had any trouble because of that.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The dark hand is dreadful when used by the player. Even dog bites stagger you through it. :saddowns:

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

Er, you can just aim with a crossbow like a bow.

Not in your left hand, you can't. Unless I'm missing something. I guess I have to make room for it in my right.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

turtlecrunch posted:

The poop comes from the pilgrim butterfly and you can see it coming from 5 miles away.

I know, I've seen it coming, but in the end half of the floor just seems to be littered by it pretty randomly and if I stand in the wrong place then welp, try again. I might have to pay more attention to the pooper, but then again I have a boss on me so I'd probably need a rearview mirror.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

HnK416 posted:

I'm pretty sure they're connected to dragons due to the item description of the Dragonbone spear, probably a result of Oceiros loving around, if I had to guess. Not sure why they're in Irithyll that any case

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Azazell0 posted:

From the Pontiff bonfire travel across the courtyard, up the tower and run across some rooftops while killing archers until you find an opening (first go down and open a shortcut in the building in said courtyard). Go through and you find a rotating staircase you can use to get to where you want to go.

Is it near the wedding chapel thing behind the illusory wall? That is the only thing I see up here, I feel like I should be able to interact with the huge round room but I can't see how

E. Never mind, the second after I typed that I found the lever

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo there's nothing more frustrating than walking slowly through a goddamned swamp and fighting monsters that curse you.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Bardeh posted:

the first one you come across just chilling up against a wall doesn't seem to be hostile, it just stares at you with its horrible face but there a few others after that which are hostile. They're honestly not even difficult enemies, but walking into that dark room already on edge after the screams and seeing that thing...

I'm pretty sure they're baby dragons or some sort of failed experiment. I noticed they have lovely wings on their back.

also the shading is important

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
How do you respec? I'm past Aldrich of the Deep so should it be available by now or am I not at that point yet?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is the Irithyll Dungeon supposed to be Tower of Latria? It really feels like Tower of Latria.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Soarer posted:

How do you respec? I'm past Aldrich of the Deep so should it be available by now or am I not at that point yet?

There's a character named Rosaria in the Cathedral of the Deep who will give you the choice if you have a Pale Tongue to offer her.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got summoned by a Pyromancer in Untended Graves who covered everything in lava and breezed through the map so fast I couldn't keep up, but then the boss hit him once, he took 444 damage and died from full HP :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the dark sword's hitbox is hosed, dude

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are the Twin Princes a dead end? Went back to check out Archdragon Peak but after this I'm not sure where to go.

Babe Magnet posted:

the dark sword's hitbox is hosed, dude

hosed as in too big? Cause that sword seems ridiculously good.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Are the Twin Princes a dead end? Went back to check out Archdragon Peak but after this I'm not sure where to go.

Yes, put the Lords on their thrones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah. Cool, figured it was something like that thanks.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
Is there a Goon PSN group for this game? I'm looking for someone to help me move some items to a lower level character.

Quick edit: I'm at the end of NG+ so I'd be willing to give you pretty much any item you need for your trouble.

sex shop clearance rack fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 23, 2016

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
I just found out you don't have to drop down to the throne itself to do soul transposition. Convenient!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has anyone ever willingly summoned a purple phantom? I've been invaded by them, but I'm not sure why you'd summon one when they're in all likelihood going to gently caress you over the first chance they get.