Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Played MM for the first time in over a year earlier. Nobody on my team talked and we managed to start the game winning 8 or 9 rounds on T side of Nuke. Obviously we lost 16-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Rosh posted:

Played MM for the first time in over a year earlier. Nobody on my team talked and we managed to start the game winning 8 or 9 rounds on T side of Nuke. Obviously we lost 16-13.

I dunno why people don't crack the mic, don't got one, fine, but if you're not making good call outs and confirming the plan for that round if you're T, the game quickly dissolves into boring ungelled chaos.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Hell yeah, got my LEM back after taking like three weeks off, and got this sick rear end drop after the rankup game. (field tested)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^poo poo, congrats man. I got a WW Mag7 Storm today! :banjo:

Even just two dudes with mics can help a lot. If your team is mostly without a mic, make callouts when you're dead. Especially if someone is trying to type callouts.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Prime queue is a good change and I hope it comes out soon

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

fk i tried to play on 4/20 and my team kept making bong rips in the mic. i told them to knock it the gently caress off. i mean, I love weed too, but there's a time and place for weed and it's NOT while i'm trying to play video games. For FUCKS sake. we ended up losing the game thanks to those retarded idiots :rant:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

source your quotes

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

ghostter posted:

fk i tried to play on 4/20 and my team kept making bong rips in the mic. i told them to knock it the gently caress off. i mean, I love weed too, but there's a time and place for weed and it's NOT while i'm trying to play video games. For FUCKS sake. we ended up losing the game thanks to those retarded idiots :rant:

I haven't played CS in like 8 years so got this last week and played a bit because I had the urge to shoot things. I'm not in competitive matches yet which may explain it, but the number of people blatantly aimbotting, mic-spamming, screaming human being and friend of the family on their mic makes playing COD seem like an evening at the Met in comparison

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've found that when you carry your team you can tell annoying mic spammers to shut the gently caress up and they do.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Dislike button posted:

I haven't played CS in like 8 years so got this last week and played a bit because I had the urge to shoot things. I'm not in competitive matches yet which may explain it, but the number of people blatantly aimbotting, mic-spamming, screaming human being and friend of the family on their mic makes playing COD seem like an evening at the Met in comparison

I hate to burst your bubble, but it will always be like this.

edit: best line-up ever

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 23, 2016

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Spiros posted:

I've found that when you carry your team you can tell annoying mic spammers to shut the gently caress up and they do.

I hear that having expensive skins helps too.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I hate to burst your bubble, but it will always be like this.

edit: best line-up ever

It's beautiful. If only SK's current lineup looked one fifth this good

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Had a team that communicated and a much better match this time (although I still can't get the mic on my logi g35 to work in CS:GO). Dropped a 30 bomb, had an ace at the end of our CT side, and ended up at Gold Nova 1. I think the last time I was playing MM regularly last year I was up around DMG or so.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Rosh posted:

Had a team that communicated and a much better match this time (although I still can't get the mic on my logi g35 to work in CS:GO). Dropped a 30 bomb, had an ace at the end of our CT side, and ended up at Gold Nova 1. I think the last time I was playing MM regularly last year I was up around DMG or so.

Feel free to join the gold nova goons group, we're all terrible. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GNFU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spiros posted:

I've found that the mute key works really well and sidesteps even putting in the effort which those people are not worth

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Xenaero posted:

I've found that the mute key works really well and sidesteps even putting in the effort which those people are not worth

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Came back to mm after a month away from it and I'm really bad at the game. I think I might even be bottom 80% right now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Muting people is silly. I'll only do that if I'm actively mad.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It's actually OK to be mad in a video game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Depends why you're mad. If you're mad that you're sucking, ok, that helps you improve. If you're mad at your teammate, there's no reason to keep listening.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Embrace your rage

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

They don't have to be mad, if they never shut up talking bullshit then I have to mute them since I can't hear anything otherwise. This was a game I played this morning; I ranked back up to MGE :). I just muted everyone after round 4 and relying on my own hearing and checking the map etc. made me play much better!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Some people just like blabbing on and on during a game. Like it's a chatroom.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

source your quotes

kill yousrself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

UnfurledSails posted:

They don't have to be mad, if they never shut up talking bullshit then I have to mute them since I can't hear anything otherwise. This was a game I played this morning; I ranked back up to MGE :). I just muted everyone after round 4 and relying on my own hearing and checking the map etc. made me play much better!

ya people who just generally won't shut up make me toggle voice the fastest, especially when they're dead and making terrible calls. TUNNELS. TUNNELS!! DUDE HE'S TUNNELS WATCH TUNNELS!!!

then you finally glance tunnels because he's created doubt / will hopefully stop talking if you check, and you get shot in the back.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Antares posted:

ya people who just generally won't shut up make me toggle voice the fastest, especially when they're dead and making terrible calls. TUNNELS. TUNNELS!! DUDE HE'S TUNNELS WATCH TUNNELS!!!

then you finally glance tunnels because he's created doubt / will hopefully stop talking if you check, and you get shot in the back.

This literally JUST happened to me.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Strangest thing has happened to me twice today, everyone's pings but mine shot up to 1000+. The second time this happened was right at the start of the second round after they'd won the pistol, and I was able to run all the way to CT spawn and kill them while they were rubberbanding around. Naturally I said "ace" afterwards and three of them tilted so hard that all they could do was scream about me DDoSing them for the rest of the game

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

that's actually extremely dope, good call on the "ace"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

NtotheTC posted:

Strangest thing has happened to me twice today, everyone's pings but mine shot up to 1000+. The second time this happened was right at the start of the second round after they'd won the pistol, and I was able to run all the way to CT spawn and kill them while they were rubberbanding around. Naturally I said "ace" afterwards and three of them tilted so hard that all they could do was scream about me DDoSing them for the rest of the game

I hope you followed up with a solid "Your Just Bad"

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Is there any way to get into a group for silver elite/master level comp games? The steam group seems to be kinda dead and Mumble is empty? Where da goons at?

EDIT:

Can someone with group invite invite me? whatevermj@comcast.net thanks!

Loving Life Partner fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 23, 2016

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Loving Life Partner posted:

Is there any way to get into a group for silver elite/master level comp games? The steam group seems to be kinda dead and Mumble is empty? Where da goons at?

EDIT:

Can someone with group invite invite me? whatevermj@comcast.net thanks!

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791452090745/members

Just ask people in the group of they want to play.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I'm not a nova anymore and I need a group :(

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

I'm not a nova anymore and I need a group :(

Same, i'm a pathetic unwashed silver.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Nova group has queued with people down to like silver 3, I think you'll be alright.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So Cloud9 have given up on being relevant and picked up Slemmy.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

xsf421 posted:

Nova group has queued with people down to like silver 3, I think you'll be alright.

yeah nova group is basically "welcome, fellow poo poo-tier player! let us be poo poo together and laugh and have a good time instead of being poo poo with pubbies and running into griefers and trolls" instead of strictly GN1-GN4

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I have no idea who that is but for their sake I hope its an igl who doesn't think score on aimmaps is the measure of a good csplayer

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ive killed slemmy on lan before

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

I have no idea who that is but for their sake I hope its an igl who doesn't think score on aimmaps is the measure of a good csplayer
I believe he's an IGL, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Loving Life Partner posted:

The GO:ONS group dead? The one with 1000 members? It's mostly for private 10man PUGs more than matchmaking. Check the announcements.