Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

On the Lincoln? How did they work?

Also, someone in Edmonton go kick this douche in the nuts OK?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/babied-truck-that-will-wake-up-ur-nabours/1156711477?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Very poorly :haw:

There's a sensor between the drivers side headlights and a ring around the headlight switch that adjusts the sensitivity, although the range of sensitivity varies from about 20 feet to 6 feet.

I guess there's a signal amplifier in there that could be bad, but with a foot button high beam button, it's easy into to just tap your foot to switch from high beams to lows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I think I saw my new worst back window vinyl yesterday. Driving up Highway 2 yesterday just north of Red Deer and get passed by a lifted F-250 bro truck with this (though it didn't have the Ford logo in place of the O)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Any ideas where I could buy something like this locally? I'm tired of being a budget line on CRC's aerosol brake cleaner revenue report and it looks like you can just get a non pressurized jug from Gregg's for $50. I don't even know the techical name for these things beyond "Pump sprayer"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Can you use a garden pressure sprayer like the ones that spray roundup?

I dunno how pissy the plastic would get..

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
I actually asked my brother that since I could have sworn he used one in the past for it but he wasn't sure. Might last long enough to be worthwhile. Considering they are often used for pesticides the plastics may be somewhat chemical resistant. If it was me I would try it considering they are like :tenbux:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Any ideas where I could buy something like this locally? I'm tired of being a budget line on CRC's aerosol brake cleaner revenue report and it looks like you can just get a non pressurized jug from Gregg's for $50. I don't even know the techical name for these things beyond "Pump sprayer"

Get an old powder fire extinguisher. Plumb an air line in to where the nitrogen canister would go.

I have a couple in my sea can but they are 40 pounders.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Was considering something like adapting an old fire extinguisher but I think there is a couple of issues, the spray angle on those things are somewhat wide for good reason and I either want an adjustable nozzle or a very narrow spray angle. Also I'll be using this at the kart track so an air line is a no go, anything I use will need to have a manual pump.

I threw out the idea of a pesticide sprayer because they are plastic, but thinking about it now they probably are more up to the job than most run of the mill plastics, and they're cheap enough that it can't hurt to see if they work.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I might have a source for those, I'll take a look when I get back into the office. Some industry safety people :supaburn: over aerosols nowadays and don't like any propellant except compressed air because of ~reasons~

Will let you know.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Raynard Automotive has the plastic hand-pump spray bottles (Pump n' Spray is the marketing name, likely the same one Greggs wants to sell you. I like them and they last a long time) for $35ish and they're also the cheapest local place to get the brake clean itself, something like $60 for a 20l.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
As usual princess auto delivers a solution:

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-8-gallon-steel-spot-sprayer/A-p8523029e

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If it's just for brake clean, can you use a spray bottle?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It was 30 degrees a couple days ago, and now it's snowing. Fuckin NDP :argh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

We slowed down the global warming too fast :(

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Powershift posted:

loving liberals out here doing it to. 20 degrees down to -5 degrees rain snow sleet freezing rain bullshit.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
Why didn't we listen to DiCaprio??!!!1one

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/grande-prairie/1969-dodge-coronet/1158974331

A 69 2 door mopar that's not $20,000 i know what i got

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Powershift posted:

Holy poo poo

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/grande-prairie/1969-dodge-coronet/1158974331

A 69 2 door mopar that's not $20,000 i know what i got

gently caress, if that was closer I'd probably go grab it.

68-69 is my favourite of the b-body styling.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holee poo poo, boys, she's wetter than a whore in heat.

Now i get to hear my neighbors bitch about dead flowers all summer. Hopefully this poo poo kills all the mosquitos.

e: canadian tire has 20 packs of cut-off wheels for 9 bucks this weekend. might be a good time to stock up.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 24, 2016

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008
Oh man if I could be so lucky as you when cracks travel in my windshield...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy gently caress

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

What's that?

Map books? User manuals?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bid books

Full 8x10 600 some pages

http://i.imgur.com/6xSd8Mfh.jpg

Need a man lift or 200?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, I don't even think this is the apogee of bankruptcy auctions either.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I'll take a zoom boom if you can get one for like a grand. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This thing hosed with my head, because it looks like a regular little tractor

https://www.rbauction.com/ROTARY-PLOW-SHM?invId=9197084&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

And then you get up close to it and realize "holy gently caress, the hood of this thing is 8 loving feet tall

I think somebody is going to buy it sight unseen thinking they're getting a midsize garden tractor with a rototiller on the back, and then poo poo themselves when they show up with a little trailer.

That auction yard really is something to see though. They're occupying probably double the space they were last year. Just an unbelievable amount of stuff.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Powershift posted:

This thing hosed with my head, because it looks like a regular little tractor

https://www.rbauction.com/ROTARY-PLOW-SHM?invId=9197084&id=ci&auction=EDMONTON-AB-2016305

And then you get up close to it and realize "holy gently caress, the hood of this thing is 8 loving feet tall

I think somebody is going to buy it sight unseen thinking they're getting a midsize garden tractor with a rototiller on the back, and then poo poo themselves when they show up with a little trailer.

That auction yard really is something to see though. They're occupying probably double the space they were last year. Just an unbelievable amount of stuff.

:stare: Jesus Christ, the PTO is hooked to a huge differential (probably a spool in that pumpkin) to drive each side of the tiller tines.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
World's oldest Zamboni?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A bunch of those garbage chinese toolboxes are already at $850-$900 even though they don't end for 3 days. The 100x50 tents are already over $15,000 The husky 18 drawer boxes are already at $450 with 2 days to go, they retail for $600 for new ones that haven't been sitting outside in the rain for 2 months.

This might not be the bloodbath everybody was hoping for.

Nomex posted:

World's oldest Zamboni?

dirt zamboni. back when hockey was played on the baren dirt fields of saskatchewan.

e: These things usually go for $400 pretty much everywhere, and they're all at $500-$550 :psyduck: https://www.rbtimedauction.com/gwap...20163051&page=1

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 26, 2016

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
:argh: Americans :argh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

A bunch of those garbage chinese toolboxes are already at $850-$900 even though they don't end for 3 days. The 100x50 tents are already over $15,000 The husky 18 drawer boxes are already at $450 with 2 days to go, they retail for $600 for new ones that haven't been sitting outside in the rain for 2 months.

This might not be the bloodbath everybody was hoping for.
This is bullshit. Next you'll be telling me I can't even get a deal on that Rotrex supercharged nightmare Viper.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

holee poo poo, boys, she's wetter than a whore in heat.

Now i get to hear my neighbors bitch about dead flowers all summer. Hopefully this poo poo kills all the mosquitos.

e: canadian tire has 20 packs of cut-off wheels for 9 bucks this weekend. might be a good time to stock up.

LOL I am in Yellowstone right now and there isn't even that much snow on the ground.

Hope Lethbridge got some rain though, it's shaping up to be a to be a dry year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is bullshit. Next you'll be telling me I can't even get a deal on that Rotrex supercharged nightmare Viper.

The husky toolboxes are now $100 and $150 over retail, and then another $75 in auction fees.

At this rate, the deathviper is going to be $200k.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It's good to hear that the heavy equipment auctions have the same savvy buyers as Regal Auctions.

DOES THAT SAY TOYOTA??? I GOTTA HAVE IT FOR MAH LITTLE GIRL I'LL PAY ANYTHING

$10,000 FOR A 1987 CAMRY? WHAT A DEAL OMG

(fantasizes about joylessly loving the donair lady in order to escape the sandpaper hell of suburban existence)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I wonder if it's just herd mentality or do these people actually realise just how retarded they are.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

I wonder if it's just herd mentality or do these people actually realise just how retarded they are.

I really don't understand it, at all.

https://www.rbauction.com/2016-LOAD...7322.1453519464

$8500 + ~200 in auction fees for a new 20 foot tilt deck with 7000lb axles

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/edmonton/pj-2015-24-x-6-channel-equipment-tilt-t6/1159815929?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$7200 for a new 24 foot tilt deck with 7000lb axles

It's idiocy. Almost everything is going to onsite bidders too, there were a lot of front plates in the parking lot, but it seems there's still oodles of alberta money being burned.

That 56 peterbilt went for $53,000.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I hope that overpaying at this auction will wash the dumb money out of the market so I can scoop up deals in a few months, provided I can make it through the burned-out wreckage of Central Alberta on my way there.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Better get cracking on that lifted Civic battle wagon then.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I wasn't happy with the crazy price of used utility trailers to haul my new utv since it's a sporty one and won't fit in a truck box.

Ok so I have this steel sled deck that is hilariously heavy. Found somebody selling a boat trailer in nice shape for $100 but the catch, had to take the boat it was carrying.

Princess auto was $200 for an axle, about $70 per tire/wheel, another hundred in springs and lights. So a $100 boat trailer to grab parts from isn't bad. The tires are like new. Bearings are greased and roll nice. Wiring is hosed but I'm a loving wire artist.

Took a look at the boat, hull was in decent shape but apparently it took a ride down hwy 43 without the trailer at one point. Had a Chrysler 75hp outboard with it, and was filled with beer bottles. Decided I didn't want another project (I don't give a poo poo about boats or canoes)

Put it up for free on some local redneck 4x4 Facebook group, and then literally drove it to some guys yard south of town, unstrapped it, reversed and launched it onto the guy's soggy front lawn to join the 8 other pickups and sedans.

So now I'm going to weld the sled deck onto the suspension subsection of the trailer, attach the tongue, and go get it registered as a u build.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You know what they say about old boats. They're a hole in the water the lawn you throw money into.

The classic cars went today. The charity el caminos went for $112k and $70k. The probably stolen vinswapped mustang mach 1 for $37k. the supercharged viper for $56k, and a 10k km 2007 corvette Z06 for $60k, which is about $10k over both us blue book or can black book.

the 850i i was looking at had 89,000kms in 1999, 160,000kms in 2000, was written off in 2001, and went through the salvage inspection with 146,000kms in 2002.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Sometimes I love this city, purely for the amusement it provides.

Yes, that is an re-purposed ambulance and I hosed up taking the picture for two reasons.
1) The drivers side has many many silhouettes of female strippers.
2) It was parked right beside a mosque. As in that white and green building in the left of the image is the mosque.

I have so many questions, I think I should call...