Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Hamsterlady posted:

I like Patches a lot in this game. He's probably not the best character, but he's definitely the best incarnation of Patches.

NPC questline spoilers I really like how he likes Greirat because he let him out of a cell or something. If you screw up Siegward's questline and Patches still has the Catarina armor, he'll disguise himself and save Greirat in Irithyll, and if you attack Greirat while Patches is in Firelink, Patches becomes hostile to you. He also seems genuinely worried when you tell him Greirat went to Lothric Castle, though he's very tsundere about it and acts like he's just going to rob his corpse when he's clearly going to try and check on him.

i killed patches, that worthless prick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Obligatum VII posted:

They started it.

Who, the dragons? Because they didn't start poo poo!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Hamsterlady posted:

I like Patches a lot in this game. He's probably not the best character, but he's definitely the best incarnation of Patches.

NPC questline spoilers I really like how he likes Greirat because he let him out of a cell or something. If you screw up Siegward's questline and Patches still has the Catarina armor, he'll disguise himself and save Greirat in Irithyll, and if you attack Greirat while Patches is in Firelink, Patches becomes hostile to you. He also seems genuinely worried when you tell him Greirat went to Lothric Castle, though he's very tsundere about it and acts like he's just going to rob his corpse when he's clearly going to try and check on him.

are you joking because patches is the one who kills Greirat

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Unironically get out of this thread if you aren't capable of soloing the following bosses Nameless King, Soul of Cinder, and Champion Gundyr.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Hamsterlady posted:

I put "charmer" down next to the non-hostile baby thing and it gets at least one good rating every time I play. That dude is alright in my book, as he's been an endless source of free health for me.

"Angel ahead"

Is the glitch where you can make the Sword Master summon invincible for an early Dancer kill still working? I want that armor set from the get go, but I hear some people say it was fixed, some saying it's still bugged.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

What's going on with these butterflies and why did one of them want to kill me?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Awesome Andy posted:

I've managed to ruin every npc plotline so far, there all so obtuse.
:same:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

kikkelivelho posted:

What's going on with these butterflies and why did one of them want to kill me?

Take a closer look at the londor pilgrims. You might notice some stuff growing out of their backs.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Who, the dragons? Because they didn't start poo poo!

The serpent-men, mostly. I was just going sightseeing and they decided I had to die. Maybe I just wanted to come pay my respects, huh?! I had to know the secret handshake to even get here!

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
So I beat the game a while ago and out of boredom I decided to upgrade a Longsword +10 to just to see how OP straight swords actually are.

I have to say, straight swords aren't OP at all; what they are is completely, utterly spectacularly, "did they even play test this?", loving, loving, loving broken. I did PVP for an hour just to see how many people I could beat just mashing one-handed R1. The answer was literally everybody laying down a red sign at the Kiln of the First Flame on PC. I went something like 14-2. I'm not even any good at PVP. I wouldn't be surprised if I got reported for cheating. It was a great deal of fun. I'd been sunbroing the final boss previously and the Longsword dramatically out-performed my Claymore there too.

And this isn't even the most broken straight sword? What the gently caress From?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It was too good and people barely played the game they'd just get the heaviest everything and death march toward every enemy and boss in the game and hit them with sticks until they died while in no danger because they could take a little sippy without fear of being interrupted.

the poise system in 1 was fine. all the individual numbers just needed adjusting (so you couldnt do what you're talking about)

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

Take a closer look at the londor pilgrims. You might notice some stuff growing out of their backs.

I figured out that much. Still doesn't explain anything about them or why one wanted to animate a loving armor to kill me

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Healing the Dark Sigil at 5 sigils and 99 hollowing costs 402806 souls :catstare:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Obligatum VII posted:

The serpent-men, mostly. I was just going sightseeing and they decided I had to die. Maybe I just wanted to come pay my respects, huh?! I had to know the secret handshake to even get here!

Yeah well the king specifically left a message saying not to touch his bell. Murder all his snake pals? Okay, they can kind of be rude. Kill an ancient wyvern? He was going senile anyways. Touch his loving bell? Buddy, that is the one thing he said you cannot do, and you did it.

kikkelivelho posted:

I figured out that much. Still doesn't explain anything about them or why one wanted to animate a loving armor to kill me

Ah yes well

....I dunno.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tamayachi posted:

"Angel ahead"

Is the glitch where you can make the Sword Master summon invincible for an early Dancer kill still working? I want that armor set from the get go, but I hear some people say it was fixed, some saying it's still bugged.

It works. For now. Make as many characters you can now and do it because it's gonna get fixed ASAP

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

Healing the Dark Sigil at 5 sigils and 99 hollowing costs 402806 souls :catstare:

You're just paying for the 5 levels you got for free, I think. The higher level you are, the more expensive it gets.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah well the king specifically left a message saying not to touch his bell. Murder all his snake pals? Okay, they can kind of be rude. Kill an ancient wyvern? He was going senile anyways. Touch his loving bell? Buddy, that is the one thing he said you cannot do, and you did it.

What have we loving learned about ringing random bells in this game?

Don't loving do it! You rear end! #belllivesmatter

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Were it working, what are blue cops. Where do you get that covenant?

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

I think the real answer is that Nameless King is hollow. I also suspect that he killed Ornstein.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Elman posted:

You're just paying for the 5 levels you got for free, I think. The higher level you are, the more expensive it gets.

Hmmm, in that case I've got 5 low levels, and 5 really high levels, including ng+

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
So it turns out rushing the 34 strength and 30 faith required for Mourne's Hammer places you at a level where it basically 2-shots anyone. You get to play with all low level people too, because at +3 or so it doesn't lock you out of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9o0fDUlyw

As it happens this weapons L2 is a straight upgrade to Wrath of God. More damage, more range, and near-infinite poise. Why does FROM hate magic?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat deacons of the deep am i done in the cathedral or is there another boss in here? if there's no lord boss in here is it all just optional or does clearing it have an effect?

also how to i pull up the last giant gate in the cathedral? the one you can use as a bridge?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Any recommendations on low stat req swords that work particularly well with Raw + Carthus flame arc?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

For whom the bell tolls

its u :getin:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mazerunner posted:

Oh, word?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Can you still do pvp in an area where you've killed the boss? I'm in the woods embered and I'm not getting any nibbles as wolves, way of blue or darkmoon but I could be overleveled too (I'm 43)

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Internet Kraken posted:

What is the point of having a bell if you don't ring it? Madness!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I invaded two guys wearing full onion gear with pitchforks, their names were Sir Stumble and Squire Slipnfall or something like that; they proceeded solely to try skewering me with the pitchfork charge-n-trip, and I was happy to let them treat me like a martini olive

What ring or spell allows you to look like unsummoned in someone else's game world?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Wagrid posted:

So I beat the game a while ago and out of boredom I decided to upgrade a Longsword +10 to just to see how OP straight swords actually are.

I have to say, straight swords aren't OP at all; what they are is completely, utterly spectacularly, "did they even play test this?", loving, loving, loving broken. I did PVP for an hour just to see how many people I could beat just mashing one-handed R1. The answer was literally everybody laying down a red sign at the Kiln of the First Flame on PC. I went something like 14-2. I'm not even any good at PVP. I wouldn't be surprised if I got reported for cheating. It was a great deal of fun. I'd been sunbroing the final boss previously and the Longsword dramatically out-performed my Claymore there too.

And this isn't even the most broken straight sword? What the gently caress From?

This was foreshadowed by FROM because the first weapon you pick up is the "Broken Straight Sword"

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Mazerunner posted:

I think it's however much it costs to level currently x number of sigils. Right now mine costs just over 2 million souls!

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Can you still do pvp in an area where you've killed the boss? I'm in the woods embered and I'm not getting any nibbles as wolves, way of blue or darkmoon but I could be overleveled too (I'm 43)

Yeah, but the defender covenants are broken for a lot of people.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hosts in the Undead Settlement are not supposed to have a Silvercat Ring! :argh:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Toriori posted:

I've heard conflicting reports of whether Patches kills him or if he will save him in a case where Siegward can't but Patches can, but seeing as how he becomes hostile to you if you attack Greirat, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Invaded in the Undead Settlement, host and sunbro summon ran back to spawn and have stayed there for 15 minutes now :allears:

Zerilan posted:

Any recommendations on low stat req swords that work particularly well with Raw + Carthus flame arc?

Any straight sword. Barbed is recommended because bleed is great, 11STR 11DEX.
Straight swords are also the way to defeat any rock, any paper, any scissors you may encounter in PvE and especially PvP.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MPLS to NOLA posted:

You're overleveled for dogbros, but you should still get some hits as a mound maker invader or you can get summoned as a sunbro. If you want to go doggystyle the recommendation is not over lvl 30 and no weapons beyond +3

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Lore talk: I guess the presence of the Nameless King puts to rest the theory that Solaire was Gwyn's first born, right? Unless he IS Solaire, and maybe the Archdragon's Peak stuff takes places in a separate reality or time to the rest of the game, like the Painted World or Artorias DLC. Or is that too crazy?

I've got to say, compared to that area the Smouldering Lake felt a bit lacking as an optional branch. Didn't really feel like it had an end point. DLC maybe? Like maybe it opens deeper? Do we know anything about the Season Pass yet?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

PoshAlligator posted:

Lore talk: I guess the presence of the Nameless King puts to rest the theory that Solaire was Gwyn's first born, right? Unless he IS Solaire, and maybe the Archdragon's Peak stuff takes places in a separate reality or time to the rest of the game, like the Painted World or Artorias DLC. Or is that too crazy?

I think they already said the firstborn was Andre awhile back

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wagrid posted:

I think the real answer is that Nameless King is hollow. I also suspect that he killed Ornstein.

He can't be a hollow because he's not a human, he's a deity. Hollowing is a phenomenon that is exclusive to humans, as far as we know.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Filthy Hans posted:

I invaded two guys wearing full onion gear with pitchforks, their names were Sir Stumble and Squire Slipnfall or something like that; they proceeded solely to try skewering me with the pitchfork charge-n-trip, and I was happy to let them treat me like a martini olive

What ring or spell allows you to look like unsummoned in someone else's game world?

Ring of the Untrue http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Untrue+Dark+Ring

Untrue Dark Ring from Yuria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Toriori posted:

pretty sure patches doesn't try kill greirat