Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

finally, the real meta has arrived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOUNx387aM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

What's the difficulty like in New Game Plus? I'm trying to decide whether I'd like to play through from the beginning again or go once more around the block with my current build.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hate this fucker after the Pontiff fight, all he does is summon phantoms all day and hold up that dumbass Havel shield. And this is the fourth time it's made me invade him. Why is indicting not a thing in this game

Because they thought it was a good idea to remove the blue eye orb for some reason.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Emalde posted:

There's only one dark pyromancy catalyst, IE the vanilla pyroglove (there are multiple cut versions of ones that are specifically better for hexes).

Chimes have Sunless Chime + Caitha's Chime, Catalysts have Izalith Staff + Archdeacon's Staff

Archdeacon isn't a hex catalyst. Izalith staff is the only one with INT and FTH scaling. It's the one you absolutely need to use if you want dark sorceries

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sarchasm posted:

What's the difficulty like in New Game Plus? I'm trying to decide whether I'd like to play through from the beginning again or go once more around the block with my current build.

i'm using fully upgraded dragonslayer axe and i've crushed every boss (including optionals) up to pontiff so far.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hate this fucker after the Pontiff fight, all he does is summon phantoms all day and hold up that dumbass Havel shield. And this is the fourth time it's made me invade him. Why is indicting not a thing in this game

That reminds me. Does killing NPCs and invading still get you points of sin like Dark Souls II?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm not sure which is shittier, instantly fighting the dancer because I finished Siegward's quest, or her one-shotting me through a pillar shorter than her dagger.

e: The answer is having to google how to get back to her actually.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm using fully upgraded dragonslayer axe and i've crushed every boss (including optionals) up to pontiff so far.

The NG+ is probably the easiest in the series. I remember usually getting my head kicked in pretty loving bad in every single other game but other than getting careless or stupid I've not had any issues with at least the first level of NG+ in 3.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tracula posted:

That reminds me. Does killing NPCs and invading still get you points of sin like Dark Souls II?

Sin is not a thing.

But doing the Patches Squat in this unwieldy armor is

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not sure which is shittier, instantly fighting the dancer because I finished Siegward's quest, or her one-shotting me through a pillar shorter than her dagger.

The dancer is only summoned if you bring the basin to the knight statue

If you don't talk to Emma after she ports you to the church then she'll just lie there dying forever

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Okay, so now I have a slight issue... I was called AFK while near the Crucifixion Woods bonfire, not realising I still was looking for an invasion. So now when I've come back, I find that I was summoned, killed, and that I have no clue where the hell my bloodstain is.

Any suggestions? Or at least an idea of how far I might have to go if it is a case of just running around and searching for it.

EDIT: Never mind, found it eventually.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 24, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Tallgeese, can you drop me like six Human Dregs man? I can't get any bites in this drat covenant.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Sarchasm posted:

Echoing what the other guy said: NG+ is very easy. Most enemies die in 1-3 hits all the way up until late-game when you just start feeling weak again.

I've been using the souls boosting ring the entire time (even during bosses) because there's no reason not to, is another way to put it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it's your own fault if you get killed by the dancer after being teleported when you can just homeward bone out of there at any time

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Boy the Sulyvahn dog things sure do hate fire. Good thing that's my whole build this run :whatup:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Gologle posted:

Tallgeese, can you drop me like six Human Dregs man? I can't get any bites in this drat covenant.

I read somewhere that if you drop covenant items, other people can't see or pick them up, but I don't know if this is confirmed or not.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey wanna know something that makes no sense?

Soul greatsword doesn't have collusion detection on the catalyst, allowing it to pass through walls
Farron greatsword on the other hand does, causing it to bounce off stuff all the time. But only if you use a weapon as a catalyst.

:psyduck:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Malcolm XML posted:

The dancer is only summoned if you bring the basin to the knight statue

If you don't talk to Emma after she ports you to the church then she'll just lie there dying forever

I went to read a message, I didn't even do that. At least, not intentionally. :v:

I mean she's not hard, I just blew her up with fireballs after I figured out the gimmick of invisible hitboxes requiring me to have full health, it's just kind of lovely design.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Dark Souls 3 update: I like the weapon that is just a wooden club with nails in it. I like that the primary attack is "bonk enemies with nail bat"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So if you kill the dancer early, what does it open up?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished my first playthrough. I have to say that I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 more. Dark Souls 2 feel way more open and like it has more meat to it.

I snuffed the flame. I'm not sure if the flame is good or bad for humanity. Repeating the cycle over and over or starting anew.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Ether Frenzy posted:

So if you kill the dancer early, what does it open up?

a path and her boss soul

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

floor is lava posted:

Just finished my first playthrough. I have to say that I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 more. Dark Souls 2 feel way more open and like it has more meat to it.

I snuffed the flame. I'm not sure if the flame is good or bad for humanity. Repeating the cycle over and over or starting anew.

Doesn't matter what you pick.. The cycle of the flame dying and not being rekindled or snuffed, putting the world at a standstill, will repeat itself.. even if it takes 1000 years. then another Chosen Undead will rise and repeat

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I really wish they'd have made the sharpened tree trunk lance available as a playable weapon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

Dark Souls 3 update: I like the weapon that is just a wooden club with nails in it. I like that the primary attack is "bonk enemies with nail bat"

I've played through 99% of the game with that so far

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Filthy Hans posted:

I really wish they'd have made the sharpened tree trunk lance available as a playable weapon

would've been too OP

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PantsBandit posted:

There's a larger one you can loot off Evangelists, because the only thing that beats a board with a nail in it is a larger board with a nail in it

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Gologle posted:

Put on the symbol of avarice and the ring, eat a coin, farm the ones outside the Aldrich bonfire, it's super fast, nothing compared to farming ears from silver knights.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Pure int pvp: What the gently caress spells are even good? what the gently caress is a great farron dart for? When the rear end in a top hat gets away with 5 health and loving books it for a blind alley he can chug OJ behind what should I have brought with me to cast at his back? I need 13 more deep dregs and I hate this dumb club.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I swear I have issues with minibosses more than I do with bosses. Mostly the ones that inflict toxic and the ice-knight-dog ones, it seems like their attack pattern is "broad rapid high damage sweep every half second"

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

The Gorp posted:

As it happens this weapons L2 is a straight upgrade to Wrath of God. More damage, more range, and near-infinite poise. Why does FROM hate magic?

:negative: I wish I knew.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I do love chugging a bunch of estus whenever a host runs away to do one chug.

Especially if I still win

edit: Invaded a host, another Pinkman was there, host jumped off a small ledge, we both plunge attacked him. :dunkedon:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 24, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Has anyone tried Salt and Sanctuary? I got it thinking it might hold me over before DSIII was released but didn't get really into it. Is it something worth giving a second try to?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone else having persistent crashing issues on PS4 right now? Seems to be related to online play but I'm not 100%. Gonna try playing offline to see if it persists.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
I'm having fun with an unleveled pyro right now. To do Yoel's quest, am I forced to level up, or is there a way to accept his offer then just cancel out of the menu?

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

drat giant Yhorm was an amazing fight without the storm ruler.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

pignition posted:

Anyone else having persistent crashing issues on PS4 right now? Seems to be related to online play but I'm not 100%. Gonna try playing offline to see if it persists.

I think their servers are wonky. A buddy and I have been having the same issues on the Xbone.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Emy posted:

I'm having fun with an unleveled pyro right now. To do Yoel's quest, am I forced to level up, or is there a way to accept his offer then just cancel out of the menu?

Nah I think you have to level up.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The bosses feel a lot easier than Bloodborne. So far nothing has challenged me as much as the first time I fought Rom, or the secret end-boss, or any of the DLC fights. I'm wondering if maybe it's because the combat is tuned around sword and board stuff, so having the ability to time rolls takes away a lot of the difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

White Phosphorus posted:

drat giant Yhorm was an amazing fight without the storm ruler.

I assume you are joking because that would be the most tedious thing in the entire game. His attack patterns aren't even complex, if would just be boring