Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xzov posted:

Rude. Here I thought we had bonded after sharing all those deaths to bheg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv1KEF8Uw2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Pro.

How is everyone liking their Musas and Maewhas? Still going strong, or are you all starting to drift back to your mains now?

I made a berserker last night and it's pretty loving fun. I'm not completely sold on using my last slot for a fourth melee character (already have the zerk, a sorc, and tamer), instead of something like a wizard. Everyone was creaming themselves over samurai early on, but at first glance they don't look that unique. Am I missing something or are you all just insane kreeaboos?

The Blader fits my play style perfectly and I really do like it. I'd imagine I'll like it even more with the awakening weapon. Definitely not going back to my warrior/Valkyrie.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

kalstrams posted:

Kalis should be better than Yuria for any class where accuracy matters to a noticeable extent, but get to +15 or wherever your patience runs dry, and then get it to gold (or blue if money or something else is a concern).

Isn't that all classes? Accuracy seems like a universally tight stat. Being able to land attacks is pretty rad

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The Blader fits my play style perfectly and I really do like it. I'd imagine I'll like it even more with the awakening weapon. Definitely not going back to my warrior/Valkyrie.

Glad to hear it! This whole loving game fits my style and I'm having a real hard time picking one class (as I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me bitch about by now). Sorc, tamer, and berserker all rock, and I imagine I'm going to like wizard and plum/blader too... I was hoping you'd all tell me I wouldn't so I could narrow the field a little. :P

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 23, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hy_C posted:

It's fairly sad to keep seeing you post in the thread when you have literally no loving clue on half the things you spout as fact.

I wish I had professional processing and gathering. There so many ways to make easy of money with those two skills I'm surprised more of you haven't figured it out yet.
I'm glad you valiantly keep everyone informed with correct information to combat my endless malice. CountingWizard will certainly be better off now that you've called him an idiot.

And then you wonder why ParksAndRec come off as the non-reciprocating party in our fiefdom.

Edit:

Isn't that all classes? Accuracy seems like a universally tight stat. Being able to land attacks is pretty rad
One thing, I misread Kalis for Krea. I would expect accuracy to be universally tight as well, in first approximation, but the consensus amongst people I read/talk to seems to be that each ability has it's own baseline accuracy, and status effects have separate accuracy modifier as well, so I would err away from a blanket statement as I don't know even general descriptions of each and every skill in the game, what is there to say about hidden parameters all over the place. For Ranger - Krea should be noticeable upgrade over Yuria, but still much worse than even a Liverto Longbow. For other classes it may or may not be the same. Talking about Kalis in particular, which you did mention before, for Ranger, again - Azwell is straight up better than Kalis, since it has both more damage and more accuracy. Some say that Azwell is slightly better than Yuria for Ranger due to it's stats.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 23, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

kalstrams posted:

I'm glad you valiantly keep everyone informed with correct information to combat my endless malice. CountingWizard will certainly be better off now that you've called him an idiot.

And then you wonder why ParksAndRec come off as the non-reciprocating party in our fiefdom.

It is good to call people idiots so other people don't think that they are right and then learn the wrong thing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

It is good to call people idiots so other people don't think that they are right and then learn the wrong thing.
It's hypocritical at the very least if learning is a goal here.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

kalstrams posted:

It's hypocritical at the very least if learning is a goal here.

There isn't really a good centralized resource on this game, so if you can't give tips without coming off as an insufferable basement ogre then maybe don't bother. I know it must feel incredible being the gatekeeper of mmo knowledge but :chillpill:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
What are the best non-bossdrop non-Liverto weapons for each class thanks in advnace

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Enkmar posted:

There isn't really a good centralized resource on this game, so if you can't give tips without coming off as an insufferable basement ogre then maybe don't bother. I know it must feel incredible being the gatekeeper of mmo knowledge but :chillpill:

We're all the ogre

Also, the best strategy is to just pick what you like and use crystals to make up the difference. Or just understand that any gear is just a stopgap until liverto and boss armor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Krea Longbow for Ranger.

E: Steel Dagger for offhand will work for you.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 23, 2016

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

kalstrams posted:

Edit:
One thing, I misread Kalis for Krea. I would expect accuracy to be universally tight as well, in first approximation, but the consensus amongst people I read/talk to seems to be that each ability has it's own baseline accuracy, and status effects have separate accuracy modifier as well, so I would err away from a blanket statement as I don't know even general descriptions of each and every skill in the game, what is there to say about hidden parameters all over the place. For Ranger - Krea should be noticeable upgrade over Yuria, but still much worse than even a Liverto Longbow. For other classes it may or may not be the same. Talking about Kalis in particular, which you did mention before, for Ranger, again - Azwell is straight up better than Kalis, since it has both more damage and more accuracy. Some say that Azwell is slightly better than Yuria for Ranger due to it's stats.

I'm playing a blader and I've already looted a couple azwell blades. I sold my first armor stone with the intention of trying to buy the weapon I'd use until I got a more endgame one but should I just use the azwell?

I'm a total loving newbie. Are there actually hidden stats on weapons? I don't know if it was here but I read weapons with lower visible stats might possibly have hidden stats which seems like the weirdest of weird.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Level 15 on Wizard and Musa now. Still trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing in this game. I am smashing buttons randomly and things are dying. I have set up at the very least a partial trade route, but don't know how to actually use it. I AFK fished and made like 30k so that's neat. This game is overwhelming, but I guess I'll figure it out eventually. Musa is hella fun though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bashez posted:

I'm playing a blader and I've already looted a couple azwell blades. I sold my first armor stone with the intention of trying to buy the weapon I'd use until I got a more endgame one but should I just use the azwell?
Yuria, Krea, and Azwell should all be alright until you get Liverto or Kzarka, I think, so just roll with Azwell if you like it. Around late 20s the black spirit will give you quest to about enchanting weapons - you want to keep hold of weapon that he gives you for the quest, it'll come in handy after level 48.

Bashez posted:

I'm a total loving newbie. Are there actually hidden stats on weapons? I don't know if it was here but I read weapons with lower visible stats might possibly have hidden stats which seems like the weirdest of weird.
When it comes to weapons, some stats are hidden in a sense - you see, for instance, on Azwell Blade it says "Enhancement effects: Increased AP, Accuracy". We have no way to accurately determine the accuracy increase with enchantment level, so that's "the hidden stat" in this case.

Other than that, lots of things are at best rather poorly explained to the player by the game, and/or are random in their nature, so the "weirdest of weird" assumptions and/or explanations are nothing out of ordinary.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 23, 2016

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So for all the Parks and Rec people that are 50+ish. We are doing a guild boss at 5pm EST. So about an hourish from the time of this post. It might be a good idea to have all hands on deck.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yuria is better because it's more expensive. Liverto is better than yuria because it's more expensive.

Problem solved.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Drinkfist posted:

So for all the Parks and Rec people that are 50+ish. We are doing a guild boss at 5pm EST. So about an hourish from the time of this post. It might be a good idea to have all hands on dick.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Does anyone know if the World of Enemies quest is per character? Can't seem to get it on my new 50 even though I've done the Dobart/Basteer stuff.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So for the loving faggots that showed up for the Parks and Rec guild boss and attempted to block what little loving 50+ members we have I am going to be under your loving bed tonight. You want to cross a line Ill be at every hotspot posted and every guild event sinking ships and loving going on murderrampage. Wanna play games with the first ever guild boss we had? Ill loving play games.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haha

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

The Quake posted:

Does anyone know if the World of Enemies quest is per character? Can't seem to get it on my new 50 even though I've done the Dobart/Basteer stuff.

Could be wrong, but whatever triggers the quest needs to be equipped. And you should relog too. That combo did it for me at least.

Drinkfist posted:

So for the loving faggots that showed up for the Parks and Rec guild boss and attempted to block what little loving 50+ members we have I am going to be under your loving bed tonight. You want to cross a line Ill be at every hotspot posted and every guild event sinking ships and loving going on murderrampage. Wanna play games with the first ever guild boss we had? Ill loving play games.

You loving faggots got Drinkfist mildly upset. This goon on goon violence has to stop. Can't we unite against NyghtWatch or something?

Hobo Colossus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 23, 2016

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

Drinkfist posted:

Lmbo ruh roh

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Hobo Colossus posted:

You loving faggots got Drinkfist mildly upset. This goon on goon violence has to stop. Can't we unite against NyghtWatch or something?

yeah we have nyghtwatched decced, except i like it better now as a 3-way-all-hole-group-bang

that undeclare was your one time get out of jail free card, because berg sounded upset and i like berg more than most of goontang so

there will not be a second undeclare despite the joke this war has always been, or the forced goon pvp training on unwilling subjects that it has always conferred

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
this first pact will be known as Omar's Pact

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

who the gently caress wants peace

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I told the guys to not attack you nerds in Omar because it is kinda lovely to goon gently caress like that. But they called me a faggit so that was that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinking we need some kind of pact. Hmm a boss pact is too specific and doesn't encompass enough of the popular activities.

Perhaps... hmm, some other kind of pact? A fishing pact?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Are there two goon guilds because of guild size limits or just the usual goon infighting?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Are there two goon guilds because of guild size limits or just the usual goon infighting?
Size limitations initially, now hard to say if there would not have been an in-fight at this point since ParksAndRec don't reciprocate.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I'm thinking we need some kind of pact. Hmm a boss pact is too specific and doesn't encompass enough of the popular activities.

Perhaps... hmm, some other kind of pact? A fishing pact?

But I still don't know how to samurai pvp. I need this war.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I have no idea whats going on in terms of PvP politicking, but I did go and try out model swapping. Lo and behold it does work!

Here's a beserker using ??? I have no idea what it is (unreleased in NA cash shop?)

And tamer in awakening

And a witch and blader in character creation using ??? armors

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Oh poo poo, heated goon on goon fighting and it's getting to the point of name calling? I should log in more now for this.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Enkmar posted:

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

What are the best non-bossdrop non-Liverto weapons for each class thanks in advnace

Posting MVPs right here.

I started writing an argument against the potato's post, because Krea's +5 accuracy only seems to kick in if you also run the offhand, it's a set bonus. But now that I'm considering it, it actually seems like the most balanced way to go for us new folk. Better AP than Azwell (yes I know it gains 2 when it gets blued but that's so loving far away when you need to +15 it first), a good stat balance with AP/accuracy on the main hand and DP/evasion on the offhand, and 2 extra gem slots.

It's good out of the gate, not just when fully upgraded, and it still scales well. It's less than half the cost of Yuria, and none of its stats are things we think may or may not be good (loving human damage). If everything's a holdover till Liverto anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the way to go.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 24, 2016

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

It's good out of the gate, not just when fully upgraded, and it still scales well. It's less than half the cost of Yuria, and none of its stats are things we think may or may not be good (loving human damage). If everything's a holdover till Liverto anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the way to go.

Problem with this is the moment you get a Liverto/Kzarka you break the set, and then you just have a semi-decent offhand. TBH I think Azwell is the safest bet, or Yuria if you want to cargo-cult your way into a weapon.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Kaedric posted:

Problem with this is the moment you get a Liverto/Kzarka you break the set, and then you just have a semi-decent offhand. TBH I think Azwell is the safest bet, or Yuria if you want to cargo-cult your way into a weapon.

Fair point, but I don't think the set bonus scales, it just stays +5. You should be getting way more than that from hidden enhancement stats by the time you catch a Liverto/Kzarka anyway. I was thinking of it as more of an early game bonus

Edit: and I'm looking now, the Krea offhand is actually one of my better options even on its own.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 24, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-mLwaZLoY&feature=youtu.be

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

jesus

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

who the gently caress wants peace

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this is pretty good

and for those who were not there, there is more talk in this thread about goon infighting than actual goon infighting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If everything's a holdover till Liverto anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the way to go.
It is, Liverto is much better than any regular bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

Problem is it's a lovely NOCD script and plastered all over the net if you look hard enough, only a matter of time before more nerds get a hold of it.

Don't fuq up Daum