Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hamsterlady posted:

Dark Souls 2's DLC was weird because it was really good but each one had a really lovely area (the Iron Passage easily being the worst area in any Souls game), but it's like they knew how lovely they were because they made them all optional.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

a cop posted:

Uhhh I'm really confused.. http://www.eroprofile.com/m/videos/...tic-oil-massage says that I can purchase Dung Pie from the handmaiden after I give her the grave warden's ashes, but I'm not seeing them on her. Are they a limited purchase that I already bought? I can buy kukri from her so I definitely gave her the ashes.

Particularly confused because I see other depleted items like "alluring skull" and "human pine resin" with 0 in stock, but no dung pie anywhere, so what gives?

Sweet merciful lol

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

voltcatfish posted:

wait they nerfed miracles in DS2? the gently caress man, next you'll tell me they nerfed GRS too

What's great is that people still argue that miracles and poo poo in DS2 weren't OP, when you could oneshot a ton of bosses with miracles and hexes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Let me tell you about a magical place called pre-patch Shrine of Amana

At least there the projectiles always came from the same direction (before they homed in on your rear end), whatever skill it is that the Crystal Sage in the archives uses it appears in a random spot above you and then homes in. It sucks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im glad you hate this

i was afraid i wasnt pissing anyone off by doing it

Admitting to losing invasions so often you consider this a tactic isn't quite the own you imagine

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nuebot posted:

What's great is that people still argue that miracles and poo poo in DS2 weren't OP, when you could oneshot a ton of bosses with miracles and hexes.

I think at one point I had Great Resonant Soul doing 2000 a hit, not bullshit at all

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Losing invasions isn't that bad when every invadee has 2-3 sunbros alongside him

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I've only been invaded three times thus far and have killed two of them. My most recent one was by someone dressed up as a Darkwraith named "shake ur rear end cid" who did absolutely nothing except fishing for (extremely weak) backstabs.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Brannock posted:

Losing invasions isn't that bad when every invadee has 2-3 sunbros alongside him

pvp has helped me learn to accept that failure is inevitable

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Until the potential penalties are better understood, I would caution against using the Black Separation Crystal too much.

I admit I will sometimes use it when I zone in and see like 4 guys camping a bonfire in an easy area because I know when I'm beaten.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I've killed two invadees tonight and felt bad both times since they were clearly struggling to try to get to Highlord Wolnir

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Brannock posted:

having to recover your souls from where you were in their game though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zand posted:

Souls drop like candy from everywhere in the endgame and you don't have to worry about Soul Memory anymore.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Brannock posted:

There is something deeply satisfying about people using a system fundamentally designed to their advantage being unable to handle a second PC.

"time to hide among enemies and retreat at every sign of danger... wait... he has a co-op partner? THATS UNFAIR :qq:"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zand posted:

Yeah this is pretty much why I black crystal out instead of dying. I don't wanna have to hike halfway across the zone to get my souls back just because I couldn't beat the host, 2 sunbros, and a blue boy.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Hamsterlady posted:

Dark Souls 2's DLC was weird because it was really good but each one had a really lovely area (the Frigid Outskirts easily being the worst area in any Souls game), but it's like they knew how lovely they were because they made them all optional.

As good as the DLCs were all the coop areas and bosses were craptacular at best. loving blue smelter, gank squad and two tigers. The run to Allone probably kinda counts but it wasn't that bad. I suppose you could also count The Old Chaos and Ivory King as a coop boss but that was sorta different and genuinely memorable in a good way.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Tracula posted:

The Bros are such bastards sometimes. loving hate getting hit literally the second I'm through the fog wall.

If you lock onto him when you first walk in before he teleports and hold up your shield when he reappears you'll still be locked on and you'll block. luckily he teleports to the same spot every time. I hate when he teleports above your head and plunging attacks you.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Every once in a while I'll do some weird move like kicking or, when I had my scimitars, backflipping. I don't seem to be doing anything special to trigger this. Why does that happen?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is something deeply satisfying about people using a system fundamentally designed to their advantage being unable to handle a second PC.

"time to hide among enemies and retreat at every sign of danger... wait... he has a co-op partner? THATS UNFAIR :qq:"

that's why I love invading in road of sacrifices. nice army of phantoms, bro. meet me in the fuckin' crab swamp and we'll see what happens. bonus points if Yellowfinger shows up

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Every once in a while I'll do some weird move like kicking or, when I had my scimitars, backflipping. I don't seem to be doing anything special to trigger this. Why does that happen?

That is the Kick command, which is activated with forward + R1. Certain weapons have different Kick animations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't mind it at all when it's 2 dudes co-oping through the zone together, I enjoy the challenge and will frequently kite them into enemies and wave at them while they're fighting

When it's just the Host at a bonfire and as many phantoms as he could summon it's kinda eyeroll though. At that point I just camp out in an enemy pack

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

With some of the curved swords and thrusting swords you get that instead of a kick when you do F+R1

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

that's why I love invading in road of sacrifices. nice army of phantoms, bro. meet me in the fuckin' crab swamp and we'll see what happens. bonus points if Yellowfinger shows up

I've never summoned a single helper in any of my runs and still have invaders running like bitches at the first sign of being outclassed. Its part of what makes bluecopping so satisfying.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Nuebot posted:

Dark Side Phil managed to beat Dark Souls 2 because of lightning spear. Let that sink in for a moment.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Making the "Draw out true strength" thing identical to a level up was either incredibly dumb or a masterstroke. I was lucky to discover the quirk of the levels before entering the Catacombs, but so many people seem completely okay with there just being a second level-up NPC right next to the Fire Keeper because ????.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

PantsBandit posted:

It's when you tap forward on the analog stick and hit RB at the same time, though I've definitely had him do it without my thumb even being on the stick. assuming it's related to how if you get hit while trying to dodge, when you recover you'll dodge without pushing anything because it queues commands for some reason.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
when the #squad all roll 4-deep and r1 their way through all the enemies you're putting between you and them, i always find the right thing to do is get vertical and/or start throwing explosives. landing a multi-person swordspear L2 is the good poo poo and even if you die, taking a few co-op partners with you is victory enough for me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Making the "Draw out true strength" thing identical to a level up was either incredibly dumb or a masterstroke. I was lucky to discover the quirk of the levels before entering the Catacombs, but so many people seem completely okay with there just being a second level-up NPC right next to the Fire Keeper because ????.

I did it the first time because I figured it was a new system where each NPC you rescue gets you 1 free level. But then I noticed he let me do it again and I knew something hosed up was up.

Finding Velka's shrine also gave me a big hint

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, to be fair, the only penalty of those levels is purely cosmetic and easily fixed. You'd be somewhat silly not to take them.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Plus once you hit New Game Plus you lose the dark sigils you had anyways so you can get five more free levels if you like.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
I completely missed Yoel's quest the first time through because when I saw free levels, I was like, "poo poo I'd better save these for later when they get super expensive".

It didn't quite work out as I had intended.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

I mean, to be fair, the only penalty of those levels is purely cosmetic and easily fixed. You'd be somewhat silly not to take them.

Not to mention the lore implications, but how many people are missing that because they never use his services before getting to the Catacombs?

That said I'm still buttmad that you look like beef jerky in the stat screen and savefile even if you're wearing the ring. :argh:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Not to mention the lore implications, and how many people are missing that because they never use his services before getting to the Catacombs?

That said I'm still buttmad that you look like beef jerky in the stat screen and savefile even if you're wearing the ring. :argh:

When I did my usurpation run I put on the leonhardt mask and it gave me a very cool "hiding my disfigurement" vibe

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tracula posted:

Dark Side Phil managed to beat Dark Souls 2 because of lightning spear. Let that sink in for a moment.

He also threw a tantrum during the mirror knight because it had lightning resistance. I think he cried. Or maybe it was during the blue smelter demon fight tantrumed so hard he cried.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I want the champs moveset for being a punchman

gently caress yes

hampig posted:

Seems unlikely given its functionality is already on a ring in the game. Looking forward to all the crazy weapons with interesting movesets and weapon arts though ala DS2 DLCs.

WHAT RING

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
My friend got the game and I just want to play with him and this password poo poo just. doesn't. work.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Nuebot posted:

He also threw a tantrum during the mirror knight because it had lightning resistance. I think he cried. Or maybe it was during the blue smelter demon fight tantrumed so hard he cried.

I really want to believe DSP is an act. I want to believe it so hard.

I also liked how during the Best Friends LP they had to respec the guy halfway through because they were doing a miracle build and the patch hit

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im glad you hate this

i was afraid i wasnt pissing anyone off by doing it

If someone uses a Giant Seed and it's improbable that I'll win, I just black crystal out in front of them. Nobody wins and you just wasted a seed, nerd :getin:

I did some Swordgrass farming earlier, and the road just before the Abyss Watchers fight is WAY better than the Keep Ruins strategy. I dunno if it was just bad luck on my end or something, but I farmed with the Keep Ruins strategy for an hour and got 0 Swordgrass, but then I just started doing laps up the right half of the Abyss Watchers road, letting the Darkwraiths kill the left half, and snagging all the goods on the way back to the bonfire. I got roughly 7-8 Grass in an hour, with only 157 item find (minimum possible + small coin), and I was being summoned for actual invasions the whole time.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 24, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I always black crystal out of the host uses a ton of items. Use that sippy, throw those bombs, seed of giants. Yes. Feed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SpazmasterX posted:

My friend got the game and I just want to play with him and this password poo poo just. doesn't. work.

The password must match exactly