Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The password must match exactly

It does, we're in party chat on PS4 trying a bunch of different stuff and different passwords to try and make something stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Admitting to losing invasions so often you consider this a tactic isn't quite the own you imagine

i just post to post, dude, im not trying to go for some massive owns on you here. just glad to hear something meant to annoy people does happen to annoy them.

and yeah i lose red orb invasions all the time, game is hard.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SpazmasterX posted:

My friend got the game and I just want to play with him and this password poo poo just. doesn't. work.

me and my buddy just use lower case g. sometimes it takes awhile but you will eventually see it. sometimes toggling cross-region play in the settings on or off fixes it. or like, they put the summon sign down with password on, and then you toggle your password off and then turn it back on while they already have theirs down. or they take off a piece of gear and put it back on. or if you are the one trying to use a summon sign, put down your soap stone and then cancel it- that also sometimes triggers it so theirs shows up right after.

once you're able to connect once it generally shows up immediately for the rest of the night.

e: we've done this when I was level 45 and he was 99 so it definitely works

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 24, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alabaster White posted:

If someone uses a Giant Seed and it's improbable that I'll win, I just black crystal out in front of them. Nobody wins and you just wasted a seed, nerd :getin:

Babe Magnet posted:

I always black crystal out of the host uses a ton of items. Use that sippy, throw those bombs, seed of giants. Yes. Feed me.

beating a phantom nets you a pittance of souls. Running away after they use items doesn't really own them because they were using them explicitly to get rid of you.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Alabaster White posted:

If someone uses a Giant Seed and it's improbable that I'll win, I just black crystal out in front of them. Nobody wins and you just wasted a seed, nerd :getin:

i used a seed for the first time today in NG+ highwall and the black cancer snake that grows out of the hollow past the 2nd bonfire is a fuckin' champ to lure people into. ditto most of the lothric knights, they make a great addition to any already-complicated brawl!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a cop posted:

me and my buddy just use lower case g. sometimes it takes awhile but you will eventually see it. sometimes toggling cross-region play in the settings on or off fixes it. or like, they put the summon sign down with password on, and then you toggle your password off and then turn it back on while they already have theirs down. or they take off a piece of gear and put it back on. or if you are the one trying to use a summon sign, put down your soap stone and then cancel it- that also sometimes triggers it so theirs shows up right after.

once you're able to connect once it generally shows up immediately for the rest of the night.

Have you ever sent your friend the password for your game and accidentally linked him to an erotic hot oil massage

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Despite it being pretty easy, Deacons is one of my favorite fights in this game. Its just fun to smash through huge swarms of enemies sometimes, and you rarely get a chance to do that in Dark Souls. I felt the same way about Skeleton Lords in DS2.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if they would just fight me like a man they'd probably kill my stupid caestus using light armor having rear end anyway so whatever lol

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

The password must match exactly

Also having cross-region play turned on helped with a couple of my friends when we were having issues.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Please correct anyone calling it "Dragonslayer Armor"

It's "Dragonslayer Armour"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think the Cathedral of the Deep has to rank among the best examples of how Souls level design works. It's incredibly grand in scale, but not in an obvious way; it's one of the few situations where a gigantic structure is presented to the player, and yet I feel I actually have full access to it, that I am exploring every inch of this giant building, inside and out, and the interior matches the exterior, it more or less makes sense, and the progression of the level is really well paced; you have an outdoor section with lots of weak enemies, then a rafters section with a mixture of skilled and generic foes, and finally an interior area full of elite enemies to cap it all off. The best part is, it segments these level segments through use of shortcuts, rather than bonfires, and in fact uses basically just one bonfire for the whole of the level, with more varied routes circling back to it. Considering how really big the Cathedral is in terms of gameplay space, that's really impressive.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

what is the kung fu ring in DS3

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Despite it being pretty easy, Deacons is one of my favorite fights in this game. Its just fun to smash through huge swarms of enemies sometimes, and you rarely get a chance to do that in Dark Souls. I felt the same way about Skeleton Lords in DS2.

I had a fuckshit of a time with Deacons until I realized Crystal Sage's Rapier wasn't cutting it and switched to Itiryhll's Sword.

Still one of my favorite fights

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

So much fun to just wade in there with a greatsword and start mowing the lawn.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

It's "Dragonslayer Armour"

dragonslayer armoire

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dragon layer armor

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

beating a phantom nets you a pittance of souls. Running away after they use items doesn't really own them because they were using them explicitly to get rid of you.

No, the real point is to have made them waste all their flasks first, so that they either have to banish their phantoms to restock, or go through the level and probably die because they can't heal. Giant Seeds are usually last ditch efforts, or it's some ganksquad using it which means refusing to let them kill me actually is a reward for me.

e: It's also great to be unbelievably spiteful to blue phantoms

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 24, 2016

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

MMD3 posted:

been using long sword (started knight) since the beginning of the game and it's at +4 refined. For a well-rounded build where I'm giving equal weighting to strength and dexterity (around 20 for each at the moment) is refined the best infusion type? I'm also using a +3 fire uchigatana and was thinking I'd start upgrading a dark sword. Really prefer the sword + board medium-heavy armor approach with a little pyro thrown in for flavor.

still trying to figure out my best option for weapon infusions if anyone can chime in.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

MMD3 posted:

still trying to figure out my best option for weapon infusions if anyone can chime in.

Get a Refined Lothric Knight sword.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
beat dancer, having trouble on figuring out what to do next. probably missing something obvious I gave the Fire Keeper eyeballs and decided to end the fire or whatever. I stumbled into the dragon cliff area and rang a bell. The depressed guy wanted to fight me in the Farron Keep and when I killed him I got twinkling dragonstones. My train of thought right now is I need these stones to beat the dragons that are stopping me from going deeper into Lothric castle, but I can't use them. I have the head and the torso, I'm assuming there's a third one I don't have?

Sorry if it's not super obvious where I'm at, it seems like there's a lot of variables on what I could/could not have done by this point in the game.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Metroixer posted:

beat dancer, having trouble on figuring out what to do next. probably missing something obvious I gave the Fire Keeper eyeballs and decided to end the fire or whatever. I stumbled into the dragon cliff area and rang a bell. The depressed guy wanted to fight me in the Farron Keep and when I killed him I got twinkling dragonstones. My train of thought right now is I need these stones to beat the dragons that are stopping me from going deeper into Lothric castle, but I can't use them. I have the head and the torso, I'm assuming there's a third one I don't have?

Sorry if it's not super obvious where I'm at, it seems like there's a lot of variables on what I could/could not have done by this point in the game.

The dragon stones turn you into a dragon if you're naked. What you actually have to do is just jump off the bridge before the dragons.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Metroixer posted:

drop down from the bridge and go around them on the left

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Metroixer posted:

First, the stones: No you've got them all. You can only use dragon stones if you don't have anything equipped in the slots they take up. So you need to be naked to use both of them.

That said, that area is completely optional. What you need to do next is just drop down off the bridge in front of the two dragons!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsO7tNykWo

I never really tried invasions in other games but they made it so convenient in this one.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Wow I feel like a complete dingus. Thank you for the help folks.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dazzling Addar posted:

I completely missed Yoel's quest the first time through because when I saw free levels, I was like, "poo poo I'd better save these for later when they get super expensive".

It didn't quite work out as I had intended.

My reaction was "free levels? I don't trust this at all" and I proceeded to completely avoid him.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

WaltherFeng posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsO7tNykWo

I never really tried invasions in other games but they made it so convenient in this one.

fantastic payoff.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

a cop posted:

e: we've done this when I was level 45 and he was 99 so it definitely works

Still nothing. Tried it at different bonfires and random areas and we just cant get it to work. He's embered, got the same password, hasn't beaten the area boss, and we just can't get it to work.

Edit: even tried it with my red signs and still nothing.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 24, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Are there any jokey weapons outside the obvious breakdance sword? I want something thats reasonably powerful, but also has a nonstandard moveset. Everything feels pretty samey right now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Are there any jokey weapons outside the obvious breakdance sword? I want something thats reasonably powerful, but also has a nonstandard moveset. Everything feels pretty samey right now.

You must whip it. :whip:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have spent 8 hours attempting Dancer right after Vordt. I may have to accept that I am not actually good at this game.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You must whip it. :whip:

witch's locks are not a joke weapon surprisingly enough, they do really good damage and the weapon art catches almost everyone off guard

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Demon Fists? The Mound Maker katana with the Alonne Sword suicide move?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
250k souls and about 20 sunbros later, I've finished farming my Anor Londo Knight of the Dragonslayer Greatbow cosplay! :yayclod:

Sorry to all the phantoms I black crystalled out as soon as I finished killing the 3 knights in the front. It's the fastest way to farm them! :(

Also if there's a certain goon with a character named Craven, I'm sorry.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Echoing that the Deacons are a really good fight. Usually mob or multi target stuff (besides O&S and Ivory King ) are kind of mediocre but Deacons is just so much fun, especially in co-op. I can't exactly put my finger on why I do enjoy the fight though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Also jesus christ 31 points in Vit, as well as Havel's/RoF to stay under 70% with the full kit + a talisman for Force.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I have spent 8 hours attempting Dancer right after Vordt. I may have to accept that I am not actually good at this game.

It's a late game boss that you're trying to do as the 2nd real thing. Like yeah, it's doable, but like soul level 1 runs and other gimmick poo poo I don't think that's a good base level reading for skill.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Straight swords do roughly 30% too much damage for how light they are, how low their stat reqs are, how insanely fast they are, and how they have literally the best moveset in the entire game including the best weapon art. Thrusting swords are also too strong but not remotely as hilariously dumb as straight swords are.

Seriously, I can be four drinks in and mash R1 at an invader with a dark sword or Anri's and win trades 80% of the time, it's retarded as gently caress. Why the hell does a sword that costs 1/4 the stamina of a greatsword and swing 5 times as fast have like 430 loving AR?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's a late game boss that you're trying to do as the 2nd real thing. Like yeah, it's doable, but like soul level 1 runs and other gimmick poo poo I don't think that's a good base level reading for skill.

It would actually be easier in SL1 because then I'd be doing it with a +6 or so weapon

I am getting better though! slowly, but surely making progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Kanos posted:

Straight swords do roughly 30% too much damage for how light they are, how low their stat reqs are, how insanely fast they are, and how they have literally the best moveset in the entire game including the best weapon art. Thrusting swords are also too strong but not remotely as hilariously dumb as straight swords are.

Seriously, I can be four drinks in and mash R1 at an invader with a dark sword or Anri's and win trades 80% of the time, it's retarded as gently caress. Why the hell does a sword that costs 1/4 the stamina of a greatsword and swing 5 times as fast have like 430 loving AR?

Yeah its awesome.