Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Niton posted:

HM? Pretty high. Maybe a little lower if you only get one shot, but it's not difficult.

I one-shotted it on my first try with pubbies, it's doable for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

(song of the) deep (dreams) dungeon is looking like it is imported FFXI content which means stay the gently caress away

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

ilifinicus posted:

(song of the) deep (dreams) dungeon is looking like it is imported FFXI content which means stay the gently caress away

counterpoint: it's ripping off maybe FFXI's best unique system

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

So close to being free from Bronze tier DPS.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The images look like rear end since it automatically upscaled the png screenshots from 720, but here's the most recent lesbian half-catgirl wedding

http://imgur.com/a/wDtum

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Niton posted:

counterpoint: it's ripping off maybe FFXI's best unique system

Nyzul Isle was loads of fun and I would do it again.

Well, gently caress order-lamps, but other than that.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

mistaya posted:

Nyzul Isle was loads of fun and I would do it again.

Well, gently caress order-lamps, but other than that.

Those were easy with chemistry and voice chat, but as far as game design goes, what a disaster.

Still, Aht Urghan was a great time for endgame XI.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Salvage and Nyzul were probably the only actual endgame content that was fun in XI, so I'm actually fairly pleased to see something kind of analogous to it pop up. It's probably only a surface level similarity though. I just hope they manage to incentivize it decently.

Bring back chariots with brainjack though. :getin:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Palace of the Dead with Lufia's Ancient Cave mechanics? :iia:

Notus, Eurus, Zephyrus, and Boreas better show up in there as drops at least.

Or Breath of Fire 5's Kokon Horay. Really this kind of dungeon is a time-honoured JRPG ball-buster.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

The images look like rear end since it automatically upscaled the png screenshots from 720, but here's the most recent lesbian half-catgirl wedding

http://imgur.com/a/wDtum

Queer romance makes me so happy :3:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Christ some of these chocobo race challenges are frustrating. 20+ ranks above it and the rival still has more speed/stamina/endurance than you do. And I'm only a third of the way done with when. :negative:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Or Breath of Fire 5's Kokon Horay. Really this kind of dungeon is a time-honoured JRPG ball-buster.

loving Kokon Horay, that place was goddamn crazy hard.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

After the nightmare which are books, I regard all relic steps with dread until proven otherwise. I mean seriously, can I just go back to light farming? (And before you say anything, I mean COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING.)

Books were the least offensive step of the relic quest for quite a while. I would rather spend hours camping specific fates than grinding light any day of the week since I can just gently caress around on something outside of the game while I wait. But 200ish Garuda runs were not fun in the least.

Griz
May 21, 2001

an i210 BLM in Antitower

and that was with foe req up the whole time. I was surprised when they finally popped enochian on the last boss because I didn't know you could beat the class quests with this little understanding of your rotation.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Griz posted:

an i210 BLM in Antitower

and that was with foe req up the whole time. I was surprised when they finally popped enochian on the last boss because I didn't know you could beat the class quests with this little understanding of your rotation.

You get the echo buff if you fail those instances.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

You get the echo buff if you fail those instances.

your character should just die permanently after 3 tries tbh

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Dumb babby low level WHM question: aero does more damage with cleric stance on, right?

Also I'm enjoying the stance dancing and all but holy poo poo pubbies are mouthbreathing idiots at low levels. Saw a pugilist with prospect who ate every aoe in haukke manor :allears:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Dumb babby low level WHM question: aero does more damage with cleric stance on, right?

Also I'm enjoying the stance dancing and all but holy poo poo pubbies are mouthbreathing idiots at low levels. Saw a pugilist with prospect who ate every aoe in haukke manor :allears:

Prospect, in a dungeon? :lol:

Also yes, Cleric Stance has a damage buff even at low levels where the stat flipping isn't as important.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I saw someone in Antitower the other day who had Truth of Mountains active :v:

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Anyone mind posting their crossbar setup for warrior? I'm trying to figure out what skills I need most accessible but at 38 I can't really tell. I have a total of 32 buttons to work with I think? But I'm only good at having 24 of them quickly usable with muscle memory, so know what skills or CDs that are super helpful is nice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kwyndig posted:

Prospect, in a dungeon? :lol:

Also yes, Cleric Stance has a damage buff even at low levels where the stat flipping isn't as important.

There are goons who unironically cross class DoL skills and turn them on in dungeons for shits and giggles.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Failboattootoot posted:

Books were the least offensive step of the relic quest for quite a while. I would rather spend hours camping specific fates than grinding light any day of the week since I can just gently caress around on something outside of the game while I wait. But 200ish Garuda runs were not fun in the least.

Light farming was subjectively the best because as a tank, any time you went into an EX mode or Coil was progress towards your tank mount.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Jia posted:

Uhhhhh, cool?

This sounds literally just like... what was it, Nyzul Isle from FFXI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan?

Minus the obvious name drops for Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. Okay, sure, that sounds interesting.

Not really an edit: looks like other people have come to this conclusion too.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Light farming was subjectively the best because as a tank, any time you went into an EX mode or Coil was progress towards your tank mount.
When they were relevant, nobody farmed light in Coil (ignoring T4) or the EX primals.

Regardless, books are the worst because the thing you need is not in your control. Grinding this or that were based on either time or luck, but both are active, while waiting for a FATE to spawn is not. Not getting a drop from a FATE is far better than waiting for three hours to have Giant Seps or Enmity of Enemy spawn.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Moochewmoo posted:

Anyone mind posting their crossbar setup for warrior? I'm trying to figure out what skills I need most accessible but at 38 I can't really tell. I have a total of 32 buttons to work with I think? But I'm only good at having 24 of them quickly usable with muscle memory, so know what skills or CDs that are super helpful is nice.

Could probably be a little better and might even be missing something, but it feels comfy to me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For all its faults, light farming was at least something you could do whenever you felt like it, unlike books, where things had specific (unknown and unknowable) spawn windows and some of them you had to have other people with you to even hope to clear when books were relevant.

Being able to just toss on your relic and do a Garuda or CT and make progress was miles ahead of sitting on your rear end doing nothing waiting, or going out and hoping you didn't miss the loving FATE because it spawned like thirty seconds ago and it's four minutes from the closest Aetherite by mount.

Anybody who says otherwise clearly didn't do it before they nerfed the hell out of books. Now, of course, light farming is so easy you can do it in like three hours.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm trying to figure out how to tank on a controller, too. I can SCH on a controller pretty decently, and BLM, but the issue with tanking is that there are so many cooldowns, and if they aren't on my current crossbar I don't know when they're off cooldown. Mostly what I've done is put less essential skills on L2+R2 and R2+L2 and put the cooldowns on a tiny vertical hotbar off to the side so I can see them.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Could probably be a little better and might even be missing something, but it feels comfy to me.

Thank you! It helps a good bit!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

I saw someone in Antitower the other day who had Truth of Mountains active :v:

Was he a black mage? Black mages only have 4 useful CC skills. The 5th slot is a choice between hawk's eye (lol), ruin (lol) and physick (maybe useful in a pinch, but about as good as pissing on a house fire). Might as well use truth of mountains for grins.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Did they have any neat tidbits from the Q&A section besides the reveal of Palace of the Dead? I'm looking around, but not seeing anything yet.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I use a similar setup, so yeah that looks good.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I have my bars set to L2R2/L2R2

The macro changes my stance and switches IB/Steel Cyclone for Fell Cleave/Decimate. I also have a third bar that has pull macros, Limit Break, and regular Defiance/Deliverance for when i first switch to WAR or in case the macro fucks up.

Also i keep Return/teleport on there because I'm lazy.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

How many useless lasting buffs can you bring with you into a dungeon? I'm thinking you can crossclass the two DOL detection buffs, FC sanction, FC buff, Spiritbond potion, company engineering/survival manual I, crafting food, favors (if you're some kind of crazy person, maybe?)

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm supposed to say I'm not shocked but I kind of am that at 50 ARM there still is the huge crazy undoable bag of one and two star stuff that should have been at least sort of nerfed down by now, right? I just wanted to make a little dullahan, and it laughs at my pain. At least I can supposedly move on to HW stuff, which I can only assume is even more sperg and soul-rending!

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I might have to look into skill switch macros like that. That's a good idea.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So according to some hints at PAX East, Moogles are the next beast tribe.

PRAY RETURN TO MOGHOME BITCHES.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 24, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dely Apple posted:

I'm supposed to say I'm not shocked but I kind of am that at 50 ARM there still is the huge crazy undoable bag of one and two star stuff that should have been at least sort of nerfed down by now, right? I just wanted to make a little dullahan, and it laughs at my pain. At least I can supposedly move on to HW stuff, which I can only assume is even more sperg and soul-rending!

There's a weird bit where if you didn't do the crafting train in ARR, you can't do 2-3 star 50 recipes until you hit like 55-56 unless you deck yourself out in HQ before that. Anyway hit me up next time we're both online, I can make those easy.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Axle_Stukov posted:

So according to some hints at PAX East, Moogles are the next beast tribe.

PRAY RETURN TO MOGHOME BITCHES.

:suicide:

It's bad enough doing the botanist leves in around moghome

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm expecting this to be Sylphs again, but really, HW beast quests have been painless relative to ARR ones. I've found it very easy to keep up with them, comparatively. Sylphs I basically pushed off until the end because in the end, I might as well finish it off so I can get the thingummy.

Also: :toot:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 24, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yoshi-P said in the panel that his least favorite quest line in the game is the hidden moogles, so I'm assuming if they added them as a beast tribe they'd try to avoid some of the errors of the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Klungar posted:

Yoshi-P said in the panel that his least favorite quest line in the game is the hidden moogles, so I'm assuming if they added them as a beast tribe they'd try to avoid some of the errors of the past.

I remember hearing something exactly to this effect, so yeah, he wants to do all he can to make sure this is not only better than the leveling questline, but actually acts as a sort of apology of sorts.

• Locked thread