Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

GreenCard78 posted:

This morning I saw a vehicle with HEADED TO PI NEW MARINE written on it like how high schoolers write senior year on the windows of their cars. This was pretty close to 95 and headed towards it so I imagine this young man is at Parris Island now.

Do they let people drive themselves there? I always thought you had to board a bus and watch your hometown fade away.

family picking up their kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

GreenCard78 posted:

This morning I saw a vehicle with HEADED TO PI NEW MARINE written on it like how high schoolers write senior year on the windows of their cars. This was pretty close to 95 and headed towards it so I imagine this young man is at Parris Island now.

Do they let people drive themselves there? I always thought you had to board a bus and watch your hometown fade away.

Maybe it's mom and dad super proud to be visiting their new boot of a kid.

e: drat you MBN

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

He claimed because he wanted to be "tip of the spear" and "be an officer int he best branch in the best military in the world" and quickly realized there is no tip of the spear, the US military is a blunt instrument meant for beating itself against weaker things as hard as it can as long as it can until the hammer breaks or the thing it's hitting does

just the tip of the green weenie

is what he got before they jammed the rest of it in his rear end in a top hat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Victor Vermis posted:

Well yeah why would you join The Marines and then not choose the one job they're good at?

I actually was gonna be diesel mechanic for the 7th before my older brother, a pilot, jumped on my rear end for signing up for a deadend MOS where I'd get shot at running convoys or whatever. He made a bunch of calls to guys he knew from flight school and college until one of his buddies got me in for 65 series, before eventually becoming an impromptu crew chief because reserve squadrons were hard up for active duty enlisted at the time, which was nice since I went from E-2 to E-5 in less than 3 years and did about jack poo poo to hit it.

I got out with my knees and back in good shape, no TBI and zero reason to ever deal with the VA. POG lyfe

vains
May 26, 2004

what pog poo poo does a 65xx do

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

loving ordies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

what pog poo poo does a 65xx do

All of it

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Sorry guys I will start shitposting more in this forum I've been out on a 2 year meth binge but all is well now~

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Holy loving poo poo guys i saw an actual scrub washout in bloused jeans, camelbak, desert boots and a MARINES underarmor shirt in the wild today. Too tough for PI, apparently, as he loudly bragged to anyone who would listen at this event.

Am I allowed/obligated to stomp his guts out? What's the rule on that and public humiliation when I've been out for like 10 years?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

red19fire posted:

Holy loving poo poo guys i saw an actual scrub washout in bloused jeans, camelbak, desert boots and a MARINES underarmor shirt in the wild today. Too tough for PI, apparently, as he loudly bragged to anyone who would listen at this event.

Am I allowed/obligated to stomp his guts out? What's the rule on that and public humiliation when I've been out for like 10 years?

Dont touch the poop. Chickenshit is as chickenshit does. Or do the passive aggressive Terminal Lance bit, "Hey bro, you left your Aids meds in my bathroom..."

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

red19fire posted:

m I allowed/obligated to stomp his guts out? What's the rule on that and public humiliation when I've been out for like 10 years?

lol move on with your life dang

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

red19fire posted:

who gives a poo poo?

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

I would always point and laugh in their faces while I walk or drive by

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I don't, it was just such a shock to hear "...yeah i broke my ankle in week five and had to leave, they said I'm a Marine through and through' in a college auditorium at 10pm.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

red19fire posted:

I don't, it was just such a shock to hear "...yeah i broke my ankle in week five and had to leave, they said I'm a Marine through and through' in a college auditorium at 10pm.

Sounds like you know what you have to do :shrug: :gary::a2m::yarg:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

red19fire posted:

They always say that poo poo. A buddy of mine who got bored at the end of first phase told me the same bullshit. He pissed green and they admin sep'd his rear end, but in his eyes he was still a marine for surviving black Friday and the obstacle course of what ever.

Shouldn't complain too much though. When I got out half a decade later he bought all my dress uniforms for about 3 times what I was charged for them

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Did some pre ocs poo poo at Texas a&m actually. There were tons of some spergy 20 ish year olds who got yelled at by DI's for the first time and the tears flowed from a few candidates. Others were priors that could be social, thus the weekend wasn't horrible.

Future officers oooorrrawgghhhhghfhfjfhfj

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 24, 2016

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

MurderBot posted:

Did some pre ocs poo poo at Texas a&m actually. There were tons of some spergy 20 ish year olds who got yelled at by DI's for the first time and the tears flowed from a few candidates. Others were priors that could be social, thus the weekend wasn't horrible.

Future officers oooorrrawgghhhhghfhfjfhfj

let me smoke weed and I'll join back up as an officer. come on obama, get something right jeez

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BITCHTITS posted:

let me smoke weed. come on obama, get something right jeez

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

I tried spice once while I was still active duty and I had to sit in the commissary parking lot until I stopped panicking :(

that stuff sucks

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

red19fire posted:

You either should've challenged him to single combat or sucked his dick.

Maybe both.

vains
May 26, 2004

Steezo posted:

Dont touch the poop.

epic thissery

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Thump! posted:

or sucked his dick.

Navy thread

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Thump! posted:

Maybe both.

I did one of these things but it was before the stolen valor part :sissies:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Thump! posted:

Maybe both.

If he steals ur valor you steal his fuckin seed, bro

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
it's gay only if he consents

vains
May 26, 2004

actually, it is gay whether he consents or not. consent is irrelevant in determining if an act is gay or not. it isn't gay if he doesn't push back, moan, or if he is wearing bootbands.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

this is my go to reading for strength and perseverance

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

going with the e/n post but still just got to vent to other Marines...just got that phone call today to let me know another brother has passed on last night. I dont know the details but In the back of my head feel like I already know... going to be number 4...just so tired of it

I mean gently caress I just made plans over facebook with the guy two weeks ago to catch up soon at a ballgame, and now all I can think about it not reaching out sooner

rest easy, Carlo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kanish posted:

I mean gently caress I just made plans over facebook with the guy two weeks ago to catch up soon at a ballgame

Dick-move on his part.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Kanish posted:

going with the e/n post but still just got to vent to other Marines...just got that phone call today to let me know another brother has passed on last night. I dont know the details but In the back of my head feel like I already know... going to be number 4...just so tired of it

I mean gently caress I just made plans over facebook with the guy two weeks ago to catch up soon at a ballgame, and now all I can think about it not reaching out sooner

rest easy, Carlo

RIP, sorry to hear about that amigo

:smith:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I have exactly 1 month before I start my trek to Quantico VA for OCS.

My wife isn't preggo and me and my wife's car are paid off.. I feel like I'm doing this wrong

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I found out on week 3 that my wife was preggo.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Finally got my new tattoo at this new place right outside Camp Lejuene (pronounced Camp Lejeeeeeerrrrrrrrnnnnn FYI).

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

It's got cuba on it, must be an officer.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

joat mon posted:

I found out on week 3 that my wife was preggo.

This happened to my TBS next door neighbor. Girlfriend dropped him off and let him know she was pregnant at the same time.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

There was a guy in my unit who found out his wife was 3 months pregnant... 4 months into his Iraq tour. Is that the same situation?

Steezo posted:

It's got cuba on it, must be an officer.

Enlisted don't rate Cuba?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

red19fire posted:

Enlisted don't rate Cuba?

Something about a manufacturers defect that became "tradition". I'm not sure how much of the military or my life that can describe... Of course the Corps Lore reason is something about someone's first action or when a uniform item was first authorized for officers or enlisted after a bunch of guys died heroically. So if you're a machinist making first edition uniform items see what you can sneak in. Like giving Florida a foreskin.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

DOes anyone else watch "A Few Good Men" over and over again. The only pause for me is the time it takes to rewind my VHS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

no i have a dvd player

• Locked thread