Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you pvp with friends with a password?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Babe Magnet posted:

what is the kung fu ring in DS3

You get extra iframes on your roll from the Carthus Bloodring in the catacombs. No flips though sorry to let you down this way.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm supposed to be able to give the blacksmith estus shards to get more flasks right? I have 2 shards but don't see an option to use them. Do I need some specific number?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

hampig posted:

You get extra iframes on your roll from the Carthus Bloodring in the catacombs. No flips though sorry to let you down this way.

i don't think that ring affects iframes but show me something proving otherwise if it does because i'd love to know

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Goddamnit I thought you nerds were saying that the badass unused Heihachi ring from ds2 got added in

https://giant.gfycat.com/GraciousWindingInvisiblerail.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThatSpectacularFlea.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/CreamyUnfitBagworm.webm

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMar posted:

i don't think that ring affects iframes but show me something proving otherwise if it does because i'd love to know

the description says it does and if it doesn't it's goddamn worthless because it definitely debuffs your damage resistance

that's my proof.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What do you mean unused, that's the bonefist from DS2. Get it from Eleum Loyce area.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

To be fair we did get the Bone Fists in the Ivory King DLC which is arguably one of the most awesome things they've ever added. You literally do Hadoukens with them and have pretty wide move set too.

Shindragon posted:

What do you mean unused, that's the bonefist from DS2. Get it from Eleum Loyce area.

I think he means unused as a ring instead of a weapon?

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

PantsBandit posted:

I'm supposed to be able to give the blacksmith estus shards to get more flasks right? I have 2 shards but don't see an option to use them. Do I need some specific number?

Talk to Andre (buff shirtless dude) in Firelink and choose "Reinforce Estus Flask."

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh well drat I should have held onto that thing huh lol

I'm learning caestus a little more now. Specifically, learning that it's a garbage matchup against rapiers and straightswords

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

the description says it does and if it doesn't it's goddamn worthless because it definitely debuffs your damage resistance

that's my proof.

oh woops, i misread blood as milk

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I don't know why killing the green dragon's hand parasite kills it and sends the white one into a coma, I'll take it.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 24, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Why is something like this not already in the game FROM.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Why is something like this not already in the game FROM.

It's in DS2 and it's a drat shame they didn't include it in DS3. Again, I'm gonna blame all you people who whined about DS2 :colbert:

Speaking of the Carthus Bloodring, if you use rings like that or the Clutch rings who give you negative damage absorption.. do you actually take even more damage than 0 armor? Because that makes it feel like they're not worth using, consdering enemies are already two-shotting me with armor.

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

Your Computer posted:

It's in DS2 and it's a drat shame they didn't include it in DS3. Again, I'm gonna blame all you people who whined about DS2 :colbert:

Speaking of the Carthus Bloodring, if you use rings like that or the Clutch rings who give you negative damage absorption.. do you actually take even more damage than 0 armor? Because that makes it feel like they're not worth using, consdering enemies are already two-shotting me with armor.

Eh, I don't notice much survivability difference between wearing the fire clutch ring or not. Very likely unless you stack like four of them at once it wouldn't make stuff one shot you.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
i will literally never beat the nameless king

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've heard he doesn't respond so well to ranged attacks, so maybe you could try a bow once he's in phase 2?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

The difference between 20 something absorption and 10 something absorption is smaller than you would think. It's like 1 less straight sword hit. The only real problem is that you will generally get one shot riposted by non-hornet ring strength weapons instead of taking 80-90% damage but I think it's worth it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Upgraded the dancer swords and I completely take back every bad thing I said about dual wielding in this game.

I literally switched back to my STR buikd character cause those swords were such poo poo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I tried to use farron flashsword to kill a skeleton and it loving parried it.

How does that even work :psyduck:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

NTT posted:

250k souls and about 20 sunbros later, I've finished farming my Anor Londo Knight of the Dragonslayer Greatbow cosplay! :yayclod:

Sorry to all the phantoms I black crystalled out as soon as I finished killing the 3 knights in the front. It's the fastest way to farm them! :(

Also if there's a certain goon with a character named Craven, I'm sorry.

What the gently caress.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Iron Rose posted:

i will literally never beat the nameless king

Try life, skeleton!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

After like ~40 attempts in which he killed me in the first fifteen seconds something clicked and I finally beat NK. Goddamn, did that feel good, and such a good fight to finish off the series. The curved sword I made from him isn't too shabby either.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Indiscriminately shooting greatarrows of all kinds at literally every color of phantom + the host in Aldrich's domain is even greater than I'd imagined :allears:

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
It took me so, so many times to solo Champ Grundyr, but I finally did it, and every fight thereafter has been an absolute cakewalk. So thanks Champion Grundyr. All those times dying to your golf swing + side kick combo with your sliver of life left was worth it so that I could GIT GUD.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Question regarding what happens after the Boss at the end of Lothric Castle:

I defeated him and got the Cinders of a Lord from him, and I assumed the King Lothric throne in Firelink Shrine would be where I put it (despite him only being a Prince?), but I don't seem to be getting an option to interact with it - am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Headless, ome armed fuckers? They will ruin your day if you swing at them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I defeated him and got the Cinders of a Lord from him, and I assumed the King Lothric throne in Firelink Shrine would be where I put it (despite him only being a Prince?), but I don't seem to be getting an option to interact with it - am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Placing them can be a bit finicky, try standing a little bit away.

WrightOfWay posted:

The difference between 20 something absorption and 10 something absorption is smaller than you would think. It's like 1 less straight sword hit. The only real problem is that you will generally get one shot riposted by non-hornet ring strength weapons instead of taking 80-90% damage but I think it's worth it.

I'm talking about the difference between 8 absorption and -2 absorption :v: Also I only care about PvE.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Headless, ome armed fuckers? They will ruin your day if you swing at them.

farron flashsword is a spell is the thing. kinda weird that they can parry that

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Are blue sentinels/darkmoon completely broken? I haven't had a single summon through the entire first 80 hours.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Are blue sentinels/darkmoon completely broken? I haven't had a single summon through the entire first 80 hours.

They seem selectively broken. Some people get constant summons at all soul levels, others (like me) are lucky to get one summon in 80 hours

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

NESguerilla posted:

Can you pvp with friends with a password?

Yes, using red summon sign + pw works.

Additional observations from my friend-op run tonight:

1) You can shoot the "butterflies" during the DSA fight but I did less damage vs them than to DSA itself, need to test more for weaknesses
2) Regarding being unable to enter boss doors: Dancer is the absolute worst boss for this, but it started happening to us again at DSA until we noticed that each other's characters animate correctly through the whole level UNTIL we're within about 10ft of the boss door. At that point, the host's character tends to start sliding around without animation, while the phantom looks fine for the host. If we waited 15-30 seconds, the host would go back to normal animations, and the phantom could enter the boss door 100% of the time. Prior to Dancer and DSA we had zero problems entering fog walls.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

I think people just don't wear the Way of the Blue sigil when they're out pve-ing. I make it a point to wear it when not doing covenant things and have had a 100% success rate for a blue to show up if a red invades me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The lag in pvp is so ridiculous I don't even know why I'm loving with this right now.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

it's parryable by human players too btw

so, you know

that's fun

i kept trying to get the guy to parry soul greatsword but he never went for it though

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Jerusalem posted:

the option to put it should be somewhere in front of the chair, underneath its platform or something.

Its weird.

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007
What people wear way of blue? People who haven't found anything else yet. I'm getting steady summons on my lvl15 +2 weapon character. I get to own guys specced out for killing noobs. Had a match today where I killed two reds and a purple for 3 ears. Never saw the host.

Edit: blue copping rules. Reds only want to pvp. Way better than invading against scaredy cat host of embers.

stoicheian fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 24, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

kater posted:

What the gently caress.

I Can't tell if you were him or if you're just aghast at my deplorable use of sunbros

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I had to unequip the blue sentinel covenant, I was getting summoned too frequently.

I got summoned twice in a row, zero downtime, while trying to explore an area. It was really annoying how frequent that could get.

E: I couldn't even enjoy it, because half the time I'd get a connection error.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How do you make the jump to get to the last smouldering lake bonfire? I just can't do it. It's that hallway with the fire slugs