Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when i think of the kind of rowdy, raunchy illegal trouble you can get up to in vegas, I think cirque du soliel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Alaois posted:

when i think of the kind of rowdy, raunchy illegal trouble you can get up to in vegas, I think cirque du soliel

They're sooo lithe

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Now I'm imagining a Raiders-themed Cirque de Soleil

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The Chargers released their renders of the new downtown stadium:

http://www.chargers.com/galleries/2016/04/21/first-look-stadium-convention-center-expansion-project

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I don't like the retractable roof and artificial turf, but I guess that was bound to happen since they want to do a lot more than just have football games there

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Is there parking?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Is there parking?

I guess they're going to try and utilize the same high rise parking structures that the padres use, plus the article says there's going to be a massive underground parking structure under the stadium

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

I guess they're going to try and utilize the same high rise parking structures that the padres use, plus the article says there's going to be a massive underground parking structure under the stadium

See they hosed up. They should've put the stadium underground with the massive parking structure on top.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

They will sell Wonderbread there. I'm sold.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yeah, that Wonderbread facade is "preserved," in a "sort of" way.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

I don't like the retractable roof and artificial turf, but I guess that was bound to happen since they want to do a lot more than just have football games there

Two thoughts, one is the retractable roof, I'm kind of surprised you have a negative opinion on those. I've never heard anyone disliking those.

On the artificial turf I used to despise it but the new turf they use is a lot different than the tennis courts of the 80s.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

How dare you, California is in a drought!

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
LT will get them a deal on EasyTurf.

A retractable roof is mandatory. There's no way they could try and sell the stadium without it. I wonder how those fabric ones hold up.

Spanos better come out on Saturday for v the launch with his kneepads on begging for forgiveness. Not likely, but we'll see what he says.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

LT will get them a deal on EasyTurf.

A retractable roof is mandatory. There's no way they could try and sell the stadium without it. I wonder how those fabric ones hold up.

Spanos better come out on Saturday for v the launch with his kneepads on begging for forgiveness. Not likely, but we'll see what he says.

Goodell will be here too!!

Also the Chargers are giving signature gatherers $12 per signature holy poo poo

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Shees. Where do I sign up?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So if this crashes and burns at the ballot box, is Spanos really going to slink up to LA a year late and accept his place as Kroenke's subservient?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bawfuls posted:

So if this crashes and burns at the ballot box, is Spanos really going to slink up to LA a year late and accept his place as Kroenke's subservient?

Yeah

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

I wish the A's and Raiders would do the same thing at the coliseum site. One of the sticking points to it all is parking while a new thing is built on one of the parking lots. A multistory parking structure would solve all these problems and we could have two single use stadiums there with parking and access to bart.

Kinda kill tailgating though..

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The lack of skateboarders and rollerbladers getting gnar gnar in those renderings saddens me greatly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not nearly enough random people doing random things in general. Such as alone child playing soccer or random hooligans yelling in rolled up posters.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ron Jeremy posted:

I wish the A's and Raiders would do the same thing at the coliseum site. One of the sticking points to it all is parking while a new thing is built on one of the parking lots. A multistory parking structure would solve all these problems and we could have two single use stadiums there with parking and access to bart.

Kinda kill tailgating though..

Lol if you don't take BART

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
That proposal would mean that Mission Brewing would have to relocate out of the old Wonderbread factory? I don't know anyone in SD who would rather have the Chargers than that brewery.

gently caress the Chargers even more, now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

That proposal would mean that Mission Brewing would have to relocate out of the old Wonderbread factory? I don't know anyone in SD who would rather have the Chargers than that brewery.

gently caress the Chargers even more, now.

Me I would.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sounds like you haven't been to dog night.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yes but you are a known bad opinion haver. Most of us would rather have the beer.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
They should incorporate mission brewing into the stadium. Best of both worlds.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

As someone who has basically never stepped foot out of the convention center/Gaslight area, what's the location on this? I know they're building an expansion to the current convention center, is this on the other side of that, or a whole different area, or what?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So the Mission Brewery building is on the National Register of Historic Places, how does that get worked around?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Yoshifan823 posted:

As someone who has basically never stepped foot out of the convention center/Gaslight area, what's the location on this? I know they're building an expansion to the current convention center, is this on the other side of that, or a whole different area, or what?

East of Petco. It's currently a parking lot and bus yard. The area around it is undergoing massive redevelopment (gentrification) (which I am helping to do :twisted:)

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Yoshifan823 posted:

*Gaslamp. The proposed location is pretty much right where you've been, though: just a few blocks east of the Convention Center on the other side of PetCo.

Bip Roberts posted:

So the Mission Brewery building is on the National Register of Historic Places, how does that get worked around?

They took over the Wonderbread building with an agreement that they wouldn't change anything about the structure of the building. I'm guessing the new stadium would propose to incorporate the Wonderbread building like PetCo worked Western Metal Supply Co into theirs, although the renderings don't look very amicable for the former.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Glass of Milk posted:

They should incorporate mission brewing into the stadium. Best of both worlds.

The Chargers aren't even the best football team in their half of the state.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
And Mission Brewery isn't in the top half of good breweries in the state so it all works out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

And Mission Brewery isn't in the top half of good breweries in the state so it all works out.

That's praise with faint damnation. :hfive:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Spoeank posted:

I dunno, there's a lot of lovely breweries in CA, especially around SD.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

warcrimes posted:

Lol if you don't take BART

Lol if you live somewhere without BART access

Lol at me :(

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Chichevache posted:

The Chargers aren't even the best football team in their half of the state.

There are some pretty talented Pop Warner teams that could beat them, I agree.

Mission Brewery at least has the sense to feature beers from other places.

Yoshifan823 posted:

It's a 10 minute walk from the existing convention center. Expect this to be a big point of disagreement if the thing gets on the ballot.

Did anyone go to the rally today? Seemed like it was fairly popular.

Glass of Milk fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 24, 2016

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/724292012099424256

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Vegas Raiders owns so hard Mark Davis is a cleverly disguised genius

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Mojave Raiders own so hard Mark Davis is a cleverly disguised genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Mojave Raiders own so hard Mark Davis is a cleverly disguised genius

:perfect:

• Locked thread