Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Suspended without pay? For a grumble flick? But every other case ending in a suspiciously gruesome death is fine? The sex/violence imbalance in American culture strikes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Blondie

So Herb's He-shed is about ten feet long, six feet wide, six feet tall , and is buried about three feet in the ground? And there's no apparent way to get in or out.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 23, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

This is more or less how I'd imagine a sex tape scandal resulting in job loss would go down in Rex Morgan.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Seems like the bouncer at the door should have checked that, but whatever. I don't hate this one.

The Amazing Spider-Man

This is the Marvel Universe. The place is crawling with weirdos. By now any normie should know better than to call one of them that to his face.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (February 22-23, 1929)

Peanuts (April 26, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 25-26, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 11, 1929)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Odds that the thing Eve has been boggled by is male?

Aw, kids are so cute when they have no comprehension of death!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

EasyEW posted:

Meanwhile, GoComics blew up this morning, which means you get Pogo to fill that gaping hole where Skippy usually goes. (April 24, 1958)

Just for the record, while I really, really like Skippy, I really, really like Pogo too and would never consider seeing it bad. Unlike Working Daze, which still cannot prove that it is in fact a newspaper strip that has any business making GBS threads up this thread.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

If they're going to be serving pizza all day every day, it better be on a bagel, because as we all know, it is only under that condition that you can have pizza anytime.

Here I have a chart I made a while back that illustrates this.

And now, on with comics:

F Minus

Such a versatile word.

Mary Worth

This is a really meandering conversation. They must be talking too much to deal with all this obvious sexual tension.

Rex Morgan MD

I'm not sure why Rex needs to call a teenage boy to talk about moving?

Secret Agent X-9

"...and why is the director wearing a skirt?"

Apartment 3-G

Said the attractive young female character required by her job to wear a tight, body-hugging uniform with a short skirt and being written and drawn by two men.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 31, 1951)

Barnaby (September 5, 1942)

Nancy (May 15, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 26, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 24, 1923)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Such a versatile word.

I don't know why you say aloha, I say aloha.

Aloha, aloha.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Oh jipey mccrickets, gilchrist's going to give us a wedding storyline.

Tina's Groove doesn't get many comments, but I would like it to be known that I appreciate the times it steers slightly out of its lane (even if in doing so it ends up in another parallel one).

yo, piraro. this is a bad unfunny and tone deaf joke.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 23, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
An all black To Kill a Mockingbird sounds good though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (May 15, 1943)

Pigs will indeed eat you.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

goatface posted:

Pigs will indeed eat you.

And right they should, we are delicious.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
Sometimes pigs give in to forbidden desires, and eat other pigs. They call it.... long human.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Johnny Walker posted:

I'm not sure why Rex needs to call a teenage boy to talk about moving?

Well it's not like he's going to bother moving all his furniture to the new house himself. Just let the teenager and the secretary do all the work.

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (April 25-26, 1958)

Meanwhile, playing at your local movie house...

(Irrelevant to pretty much everything else, but there it is anyway.)

Peanuts: Year Four (September 16-19, 1954)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 24, 2016

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goatface posted:

Suspended without pay? For a grumble flick? But every other case ending in a suspiciously gruesome death is fine? The sex/violence imbalance in American culture strikes again.

You're not paying attention to the important part: the video is him consorting with a known and wanted criminal. The result would have been the same if the video was of the two of them playing a friendly game of chess or something, he's still a policeman fraternizing with a wanted fugitive.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Ah, the classics.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)
There was a big skip here - many days not available.

That's good gloom.

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Andy Capp

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Slammy posted:

Andy Capp

Here's a fun game for every Andy Capp strip: mentally add a final panel of him beating his wife.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Here's a fun game for every Andy Capp strip: mentally add a final panel of him beating his wife.

To be fair, she also beats the poo poo out of him sometimes. They're both terrible people.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

To be fair, she also beats the poo poo out of him sometimes. They're both terrible people.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

You already posted these yesterday (I think), just FYI.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ah, flipping around the Rose Is Rose trick.

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 10/25/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Tune in next week as the next shipment of asbestos gets installed in the walls and ceiling.

9 Chickweed Lane is in such a rut that it sank all the way back to 2012.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I know I'm going to be disappointed, but I really want this to be good. It has such potential! And this team did a good job with the strip when they first took over. :ohdear:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Gil 10/25/15
Poor Gil is in for such a disappointment, Darth Dork throwing tantrums like a child and then when he takes off his mask for the first time. :cripes: :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Poil posted:

Poor Gil is in for such a disappointment, Darth Dork throwing tantrums like a child and then when he takes off his mask for the first time. :cripes: :(

I, on the other hand, was happy that I was right about Kylo being a representation of the Star Wars fandom the same way Nero in Star Trek 2009 was based on Trekkies.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I, on the other hand, was happy that I was right about Kylo being a representation of the Star Wars fandom the same way Nero in Star Trek 2009 was based on Trekkies.
That's a great way to think about it. :)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

You're not paying attention to the important part: the video is him consorting with a known and wanted criminal. The result would have been the same if the video was of the two of them playing a friendly game of chess or something, he's still a policeman fraternizing with a wanted fugitive.
Of course, I'm pretty sure that the reaction shouldn't have been "Tracy ur fired" but "Has anybody seen Clayface Putty Puss recently?"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Bloom County

Peanuts (April 27, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

The punchline: Exercise is punishment! Using it as such will have no psychological ramifications down the line!

Crankshaft

The punchline: Lillian will be dead soon! Sitting around and waiting for it does not change that!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine Meets an Old Friend

The Phantom

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse: The Animated Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnFkzT5UwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tomLyqR5eA

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

You know, I'm a little surprised Dick Tracy still has characters that smoke.

F Minus

I used to take naps in my car on lunch breaks. There were only a few months of the year in the fall and spring when it was really good though.

Mary Worth

All right, Moy & Giella, I'm calling Chekhov's gun on this one. You can't keep bringing up parkour and not show us parkour. I demand parkour in this Mary Worth arc, stat!

Rex Morgan MD

OK so I have a lot of problems with this. First, this is supposed to be a benefit for the museum, so I don't see why she would get 80%. They aren't a gallery and that seems more like an arrangement an artist selling works would make with a gallery. Second, college, assuming it's in-state and at a state school, would cost what, like at least $100,000? And that's probably being generous on the cheap side. She's going to make that much off this book and these paintings? And also in what world do people pre-order a book from a museum gift shop anyways--one written and illustrated by a 5-year-old nobody no less?

I'm so mad about how unrealistic Rex Morgan MD is! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon