Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

OhYeah posted:

We have a large underclass of religiously indoctrinated people who passionately hate the natives and see our culture as inferior.

Yes, Laestadians and a whole heap of zealots from different christian movements. Especially up north along the coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Yes, Laestadians and a whole heap of zealots from different christian movements. Especially up north along the coast.

They are more of a problem for Finland than Islamists?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

OhYeah posted:

They are more of a problem for Finland than Islamists?

When they are in positions of political power and judge in favour of their own percieved kind, yes.

Edit:

Well the underclass part isn't correct, but hooboy if you're not of the faith.

Buffalo squeeze fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 24, 2016

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Buffalo squeeze posted:

When they are in postions of politcal power and judge in favour of their own percieved kind, yes.

ainakin hyödylliset idiootit eivät suojele mokomia kritiikiltä kun he käyttäytyvät vittumaisesti

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Triple A posted:

ainakin hyödylliset idiootit eivät suojele mokomia kritiikiltä kun he käyttäytyvät vittumaisesti

Yes when I think of "people who have received zero criticism in Finland" I think "Muslims" real smart point there

OhYeah posted:

Estonians generally go to Finland to work. I can concede that quite a few Estonians in Finland are from a working class background with lower education levels and can sometimes create problems, but they go there to *work* nonetheless. Let's be honest here, Estonians fit in Finland really well because they suffer from the same problems, mainly alcoholism and extreme introvertedness. The basic character of Estonians and Finns is really similar.

Now look at the education levels, work skills and experience and language knowledge of your average immigrant from ME/NA region and check the stats how many of them are unemployed and how many can reasonably expected to find any work at all. The numbers speak for themselves.

Why do you think people make snide remarks about "diversity" and "cultural enrichment"? Because everyone knew from the start that nothing positive was going to come out of it, and nothing has. We have a large underclass of religiously indoctrinated people who passionately hate the natives and see our culture as inferior. Average delusional leftist will not look this truth in the eyes and face the music.

Remember how in the start of the refugee crisis the establishment was saying how it is a good thing for the European economy to get access to all this skilled workforce? Nobody is saying that anymore, now they just call you "racist" if you criticize mass immigration. Why do you think so many governments are actively seeking to suppress freedom of speech and freedom of information (mainly Germany and Netherlands, but others as well). Because this whole lie is melting before our faces faster than a snowman in a Finnish sauna.

Unlike the average so-called progressive, I'm a realist and I have no desire to twist or hide the truth. There are lot of problems in Eastern Europe and with its people. We have been steadily improving and we have come a long way in 25 years, although there is still a long way to go.

The whole point is that if doing worse then the main population is a sign of not fitting in because of culture, Estonians obviously don't fit in. They are in our prisons to a degree not reflected in their population and collect millions of euros in unemployment even if living in Estonia in many cases. The numbers speak for themselves here too if we go with your viewpoint but for some reason you seem to excuse Estonians here. Helsinki spends 50% as much on unemployment on Estonians as Tallinn and Tallinn has a bit more Estonians then twice as much. They get Finnish child support and other benefits even if their children live in Estonia. Why do you think that is not a sign of Estonians coming here to exploit our better system?

Please explain to me what is the acceptable degree of doing worse the the main population while still fitting in and having a compatible culture and how you are not just a lowdown hypocrite? Why aren't the stats resulting into the same conclusion here? How about with Russians or Lithuanians who are also doing way worse? Or are only Estonians behind your convenient cutoff point?

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 24, 2016

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I'd really want to hear what sort of a problem "Islamism" has created for Finland.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

I'd really want to hear what sort of a problem "Islamism" has created for Finland.

Well it got a lot of literal loving nazis elected.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

DarkCrawler posted:

Yes when I think of "people who have received zero criticism in Finland" I think "Muslims" real smart point there

The whole point is that if doing worse then the main population is a sign of not fitting in because of culture, Estonians obviously don't fit in. They are in our prisons to a degree not reflected in their population and collect millions of euros in unemployment even if living in Estonia in many cases. The numbers speak for themselves here too if we go with your viewpoint but for some reason you seem to excuse Estonians here. Helsinki spends 50% as much on unemployment on Estonians as Tallinn and Tallinn has a bit more Estonians then twice as much. They get Finnish child support and other benefits even if their children live in Estonia. Why do you think that is not a sign of Estonians coming here to exploit our better system?

Please explain to me what is the acceptable degree of doing worse the the main population while still fitting in and having a compatible culture and how you are not just a lowdown hypocrite? Why aren't the stats resulting into the same conclusion here? How about with Russians or Lithuanians who are also doing way worse? Or are only Estonians behind your convenient cutoff point?

I don't have any cutoff point. I'm not excusing anyone. I don't have any right to dictate what you do in your country. You should stop paying benefits to people that are not living in your country, that goes without saying. However, is someone has lived for Finland for years and paid into the system via taxes it's only natural that they also receive benefits in the shape of health care, unemployment support etc. I don't make any distinction between people with different ethnic background in this matter.

As for the unemployment statistics (and prison statistics), please provide some sources because I'm actually very interested in finding out more about this.

Now we come to the cultural differences. For me there are a couple of cutoff points here, they may differ from yours of course. I think religions that mandate the beheading of apostates, stoning to death of adulterers, and cutting off arms of thieves don't belong in the civilized world and every person who supports those practices shouldn't be allowed to set foot on European soil.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OhYeah posted:

Now we come to the cultural differences. For me there are a couple of cutoff points here, they may differ from yours of course. I think religions that mandate the beheading of apostates, stoning to death of adulterers, and cutting off arms of thieves don't belong in the civilized world and every person who supports those practices shouldn't be allowed to set foot on European soil.

Fortunately there are no major religions that mandate those things.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OhYeah posted:

I don't have any cutoff point. I'm not excusing anyone. I don't have any right to dictate what you do in your country. You should stop paying benefits to people that are not living in your country, that goes without saying. However, is someone has lived for Finland for years and paid into the system via taxes it's only natural that they also receive benefits in the shape of health care, unemployment support etc. I don't make any distinction between people with different ethnic background in this matter.

You seem to have a cutoff point where if a random Estonian is doing bad it is the result of other things then their culture while if an random Muslim is doing bad it is because they are incompatible with Finland for some reason.

quote:

As for the unemployment statistics (and prison statistics), please provide some sources because I'm actually very interested in finding out more about this.

http://www.lansivayla.fi/artikkeli/251207-suomelta-menee-miljoonia-virolaisten-sosiaalitukiin
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/tyoelama/art-2000000755242.html
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000000714151.html
http://yle.fi/uutiset/virolaista_vankia_ei_niin_vain_siirreta_suomesta_kotimaahansa/652955

OhYeah posted:

What else kind of thought crimes besides fundamentalist Islamic religious beliefs would you make illegal and ban from Europe? What should we do with the Neo-Nazis for example? Fundamentalist Christians? Racists in general? Stalinists? People who tell refugees should be shot on the border? How would we administer these sort of tests at the border? What if they just say "Oh I don't believe that lol" but they do believe it?

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 24, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Wow, nice job of defending religious fundamentalism itt. It's almost as if people don't turn into value-liberal social democrats the moment they cross the border into Finland.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
People who are born in Finland and live their whole lives here still sometimes believe in unrepentant poo poo. Being a value-liberal social democrat isn't a legal requirement for natives so I don't see how it should matter on the border or how the gently caress you can even monitor that in the first place. Unless you believe that thought crime is real, in which case the foreigners aren't the biggest and most influential group such people should be focusing on.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 24, 2016

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

Wow, nice job of defending religious fundamentalism itt. It's almost as if people don't turn into value-liberal social democrats the moment they cross the border into Finland.

People tend to adjust over time tho. And should we really be worried about what people think instead of what they do? If so, we should probably remove the vote from the Laestadians and the Pentecostals first.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kemper Boyd posted:

People tend to adjust over time tho. And should we really be worried about what people think instead of what they do? If so, we should probably remove the vote from the Laestadians and the Pentecostals first.

We don't even remove the vote from people who do actually break the law :v:

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

European law will never withstand the scourge of yet another minority group with stupid opinions.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

People who are born in Finland and live their whole lives here still sometimes believe in unrepentant poo poo. Being a value-liberal social democrat isn't a legal requirement for natives

But that's how the naive leftists think and that's how the media sells it to people

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

DarkCrawler posted:

kun kristitty fundamentalisti päättää pommittaa aborttiklinikan, ei sitä mokomaa kukaan suojele ja se otetaan esille joka vuosi tyyliin "Christians also do terror attacks"

kun wahhabisti päättää että nyt on aika aloha snackbaroida enemmän ihmisiä kuin brevik niin heti pitää mennä nettiin ulisemaan tyyliin "gently caress this guy not for his actions, but for the inevitable backlash"

Triple A fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 24, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

People who are born in Finland and live their whole lives here still sometimes believe in unrepentant poo poo. Being a value-liberal social democrat isn't a legal requirement for natives so I don't see how it should matter on the border or how the gently caress you can even monitor that in the first place. Unless you believe that thought crime is real, in which case the foreigners aren't the biggest and most influential group such people should be focusing on.

Kun ollaan DnDssä niin pitäisi varmaan formuloida tosi nokkela ja sarkastinen tapa ilmaista tämä, mutta koska oon suomongooli sanon vaan suoraan: Onhan se nähty maailman sivu, että kun aika eri tavalla asioista ajattelevat tyypit muuttavat joukolle jonnekin, asiat muuttuvat aika kovalla kädellä. Ameriikan yhdysvallat tai Israel on molemmat aika hyviä esimerkkejä ison luokan massamurhista, jotka ovat johtuneet suurista väestönsiirroista, :godwinning: sitten omassa luokassaan. Tästä ei tietenkään seuraa, että kaikki islaamin uskoiset maahamme tulleet (ja tulevat) uudet ystävät ovat raiskaaja-murhaaja-hirvityksiä, mutta ei ole ihan järjetöntä hetkosen pysähtyä miettimään mitä uuden ja erilaisen arvopohjan omaavat ihmiset muuttonsa mukana tuovat. Sen ei tarvi edes olla se massamurha ollakseen ikävää!

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

I think that what with volunteer activities and lectures given at asylum seeker housing, we're doing a pretty decent job at actually integrating the people who are coming over. Main issues are of course that there's no jobs which is bad, but that's the government's fault, not the migrants.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Kemper Boyd posted:

I think that what with volunteer activities and lectures given at asylum seeker housing, we're doing a pretty decent job at actually integrating the people who are coming over. Main issues are of course that there's no jobs which is bad, but that's the government's fault, not the migrants.

Source your quotes

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

But that's how the naive leftists think and that's how the media sells it to people

I don't particularly care about what a fraction of leftists does, and no, if you have been actually following the media beyond IDK Voima-lehti that is not how the media sells it either.

Triple A posted:

kun kristitty fundamentalisti päättää pommittaa aborttiklinikan, ei sitä mokomaa kukaan suojele ja se otetaan esille joka vuosi tyyliin "Christians also do terror attacks"

kun wahhabisti päättää että nyt on aika aloha snackbaroida enemmän ihmisiä kuin brevik niin heti pitää mennä nettiin ulisemaan tyyliin "gently caress this guy not for his actions, but for the inevitable backlash"

Step out of your SA bubble for a while and see if nobody is defending/excusing that.

Do you people seriously not read anything else then forum posts here and get outraged about them? Nobody forces you to be in one of the most leftist places online.

Rappaport posted:

Kun ollaan DnDssä niin pitäisi varmaan formuloida tosi nokkela ja sarkastinen tapa ilmaista tämä, mutta koska oon suomongooli sanon vaan suoraan: Onhan se nähty maailman sivu, että kun aika eri tavalla asioista ajattelevat tyypit muuttavat joukolle jonnekin, asiat muuttuvat aika kovalla kädellä. Ameriikan yhdysvallat tai Israel on molemmat aika hyviä esimerkkejä ison luokan massamurhista, jotka ovat johtuneet suurista väestönsiirroista, :godwinning: sitten omassa luokassaan. Tästä ei tietenkään seuraa, että kaikki islaamin uskoiset maahamme tulleet (ja tulevat) uudet ystävät ovat raiskaaja-murhaaja-hirvityksiä, mutta ei ole ihan järjetöntä hetkosen pysähtyä miettimään mitä uuden ja erilaisen arvopohjan omaavat ihmiset muuttonsa mukana tuovat. Sen ei tarvi edes olla se massamurha ollakseen ikävää!

Yeah that's not really equivalent, there is plenty of aspects about population transfers that isn't really applicable here such as: we actually outnumber them by a ridiculous degree, we are stronger and wealthier then them and hold complete armed monopoly, they aren't erasing our government, language and culture out of existence and throwing us in camps or reservations or founding their own bigger and better cities somewhere where we can't live. The comparison doesn't sound any better in another language. If you actually think about these differences for a second maybe you wouldn't be as worried.

Personally I don't give a poo poo what a person believes in if they don't break the law. I don't see why this is so hard. I don't campaign on treating Finnish neo-nazis differently under laws because of their beliefs or punishing them because of them. The thing about these sorts of opinions is that they never go to their logical conclusion: if we make thought crime illegal then there is lot more people, natives mostly, that are going to fall under that umbrella. And if you are only proposing that Muslims should be limited by this then you are a hypocrite. That's not going to the fact that it is impossible to test people's beliefs here or at the border.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 24, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

Personally I don't give a poo poo what a person believes in if they don't break the law. I don't see why this is so hard. I don't campaign on treating Finnish neo-nazis differently under laws because of their beliefs or punishing them because of them.

Tää (edit: Sinun postaamasi, ei mitä seuraa :ohdear:) on aika lailla järjen näkemys ja hyvä niin, mutta tarkotan lähinnä sitä, että mainitsemasi suomalaiset uusnatsit ovat aika lailla kulminoituneet tuohon Väinö Kuisman ja Pekka Siitoimen jengiin, ja heidän yhteiskunnallinen vaikuttavuutensa on ollut lähinnä todella hupaisa youtube-video. Kun sitten taas toisin päin, jos Yleisradion porinapaja-illassa islaamin oppineisuutta edustava nuori mies toteaa että niin tosiaan, kyllähän oikeestaan kaikki homoseksuellit pitäisi väkivalloin tappaa, eikä kukaan huolestu tästä, on minusta vähän arveluttavaa. Väinö Kuisma on selkeästi koominen hahmo, mutta tätä nuorta islaaminuskoista oppinutta esiteltiin Yleisradion toimesta järjen äänenä. Kumpi heistä on se, joka mahdollisesti enemmän edesauttaa yhteiskunnan rauhattomuutta?

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 24, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
We don't really have a problem with Islamists in Finland because we have so few. It's a political decision if we are going to or not.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

Personally I don't give a poo poo what a person believes in if they don't break the law.

But that's the point. They do care about it, that's why there are honor killings and other sick religious poo poo in Finland these days. And I'm equally appalled at lestas raping children, it's not just musselmen that are the problem, it's religious people and it shouldn't come as a surprise that the average dumbass from the Middle East is religious to a fundamentalist degree.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Andrast posted:

Fortunately there are no major religions that mandate those things.

Wrong.

Here is one the largest studies ever conducted in regards to the subject at hand: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Pay special attention to countries where most of the current immigrants to Europe are coming from: Iraq, Afghanistan, Morocco, Syria, Egypt, Pakistan.

If you have any study that shows evidence to the contrary and is comparable in depth to this one, I would like to see it.

DarkCrawler posted:

You seem to have a cutoff point where if a random Estonian is doing bad it is the result of other things then their culture while if an random Muslim is doing bad it is because they are incompatible with Finland for some reason.

So you think countries like Syria and Afghanistan are culturally just as close to Finland as Estonia?

Generally this is a load of bollocks. I'll break down a few things that caught my eye.

quote:

Toimeentulotuki on kuntien lakisääteinen velvoite. Helsingissä toimeentulotukea sai viime vuonna reilut 1 600 sellaista kotitaloutta, jotka ovat peräisin muusta EU-maasta kuin Suomesta.

Näistä perheistä oli virolaisia 1 100, eli kaksi kolmasosaa.

1100 households, that is around ~3000-4000 people? You got around 30k asylum seekers in 2016 alone, which one is a bigger burden on the taxpayer?

quote:

Virossa valtio on määrittänyt toimeentulominimiksi 77 euroa, eli yksittäiselle ihmiselle tulee jäädä niin paljon menoihinsa kuukausittain sen jälkeen, kun asumiskulut on maksettu.

Suomessa toimeentulotuen perusosa yksin asuvalle on noin 500 euroa asumiskulujen jälkeen. Summaan voi hakea lisiä.

Hmm...

quote:

Kun Tallinna panee vuosittain toimeentulotukeen nelisen miljoonaa euroa, on Helsingissä vastaava summa tänä vuonna 148 miljoonaa.

Around 2 million out of 148 million. Yes I can see that Estonians are totally bleeding Finland dry.

quote:

Jussi Halla-aho sanoi eilen ISTV:n haastattelussa pitävänsä ongelmallisena sitä, että virolaiset voivat täysin vapaasti tulla Suomeen töihin, tuovat eväänsä Virosta Suomeen ja vievät palkkansa sinne.

Oh no, people shouldn't be able to do what the gently caress they want with the salary that they have earned!

Don't blame Estonians for your own incompetence. People who don't live in the country shouldn't receive benefits from the said country, end of story. I wanted official statistics: how much are the Estonians putting into the economy and how much are they taking out. Please provide some solid statistics.

DarkCrawler posted:

What else kind of thought crimes besides fundamentalist Islamic religious beliefs would you make illegal and ban from Europe? What should we do with the Neo-Nazis for example? Fundamentalist Christians? Racists in general? Stalinists? People who tell refugees should be shot on the border? How would we administer these sort of tests at the border? What if they just say "Oh I don't believe that lol" but they do believe it?

Fundamendalist Christians don't affect my life in the slightest.
Stalinists, as weird as it sounds coming from a person from an ex-Soviet country, don't affect my life in the slightest.
Neo-nazis don't affect my life in the slightest.

However, Islamic fundamentalists ARE affecting my life. After the Paris attack I was worried about my friend who lives there some of the time and I had to make sure he was OK. After the Brussels attacks I was frantically trying to reach my brother because he and his wife live next to the metro station where one of the attacks happened. I couldn't reach him for hours because all the lines were down and I didn't know if he was alive or blown to pieces. My daughter's summer plans have been affected by the immigration crisis in Europe. She also said she has never felt as unsafe as she did in Sweden, with a bus full of Somali immigrants angrily staring at her.

So tell me again why I should be worried about Christian fundamentalists and not Islamic extremists.

Kemper Boyd posted:

Maybe you should look at what they are doing? Are you suffering from amnesia? Did the last year not happen to you?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

Source your quotes

I worked most of last fall and this winter at a center, so I know p well whats up with those places.

Edit: not that they couldn't use more funding for activating the inhabitants, because especially the big units are kinda lovely about providing spaces for activities.

Kemper Boyd fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 24, 2016

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

OhYeah posted:

Maybe you should look at what they are doing? Are you suffering from amnesia? Did the last year not happen to you?

Honestly, something like Paris doesn't really affect me at all. Nothing like that going on in Finland, nevermind that our immigration history and policies are completely different than those France has.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

OhYeah posted:

She also said she has never felt as unsafe as she did in Sweden, with a bus full of Somali immigrants angrily staring at her.

I'm not saying that you or your beautiful blonde daughter are exaggerating but I don't understand why Somali immigrants in Sweden would behave like they've never seen a white person in their life

No wait actually I am saying exactly that

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I see no reason to doubt her (or OhYeah's) fear of black people. Seems genuine.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OhYeah posted:

So you think countries like Syria and Afghanistan are culturally just as close to Finland as Estonia?

No? Never was something I claimed. Either way, Estonia's culture is not equivalent to Finland's culture. How different do the cultures have to be so that excuse can be used? Again, where is the cut-off point here?

OhYeah posted:

Generally this is a load of bollocks. I'll break down a few things that caught my eye.

1100 households, that is around ~3000-4000 people? You got around 30k asylum seekers in 2016 alone, which one is a bigger burden on the taxpayer?

Hmm...

Around 2 million out of 148 million. Yes I can see that Estonians are totally bleeding Finland dry.

Oh no, people shouldn't be able to do what the gently caress they want with the salary that they have earned!

Don't blame Estonians for your own incompetence. People who don't live in the country shouldn't receive benefits from the said country, end of story. I wanted official statistics: how much are the Estonians putting into the economy and how much are they taking out. Please provide some solid statistics.

None of that is relevant. I never claimed Estonians are bleeding Finland dry or are a serious problem. What I am trying to say is that they are guilty of the same thing that you accuse horrible Muslims of doing, being in prison in far larger propotion then their share of the population, coming to Finland to abuse our generous system, working in the grey economy for smaller wages and no/less taxes, and you know generally being in a worse position then the native population.

Do you feel that Finland should work towards banning Estonians from coming here too because they don't fit in as well as natives? Or do you feel that these problems have not reached a magnitude great enough with Estonians, in which case, where does the cut-off point start at?

quote:

Fundamendalist Christians don't affect my life in the slightest.
Stalinists, as weird as it sounds coming from a person from an ex-Soviet country, don't affect my life in the slightest.
Neo-nazis don't affect my life in the slightest.

However, Islamic fundamentalists ARE affecting my life. After the Paris attack I was worried about my friend who lives there some of the time and I had to make sure he was OK. After the Brussels attacks I was frantically trying to reach my brother because he and his wife live next to the metro station where one of the attacks happened. I couldn't reach him for hours because all the lines were down and I didn't know if he was alive or blown to pieces. My daughter's summer plans have been affected by the immigration crisis in Europe. She also said she has never felt as unsafe as she did in Sweden, with a bus full of Somali immigrants angrily staring at her.

So tell me again why I should be worried about Christian fundamentalists and not Islamic extremists.

Me me me. Fundamentalist Christians and Neo-Nazis certainly affect people who aren't you. Anyone who isn't white in Europe has probably been yelled at or been threatened a dozen times in their life easily. The whole world doesn't revolve around you and your experiences. Tell me again why thinking that adulterers need to be stoned should be banned by law but thinking that all people who aren't white should be killed or driven away from Europe shouldn't? Why are your fears, your viewpoints and your experience the only thing that determines which thought shouldn't be allowed and which thought should? Do you think there has not been any neo-nazi or anti-islam/immigrant/left violence/murder in Europe in recent years?

Again you seem to ascribe some strange cut-off point to as where you see something being banned being OK but something else apparently isn't serious enough to merit the same. I don't have a problem if you genuinely believe in thought crime, but the problem is that you seem to think that only certain thoughts should be banned. That makes you a hypocrite.

Also, by your reasoning every person in the Middle East & Africa & developing world in general is completely justified in hating and fearing every Westerner ever thanks to the decades and decades of exploitation, conflict and support of dictators that continue to this very day.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 24, 2016

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

I'm not saying that you or your beautiful blonde daughter are exaggerating but I don't understand why Somali immigrants in Sweden would behave like they've never seen a white person in their life

blacks can't be racist :downs:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Nauta posted:

blacks can't be racist :downs:

This is you know an actual thing when people talk about racism.

It doesn't matter for the white person if a black person dislikes all white people because of how our society, our hierarchies and our power structures work.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The story really has very little to do with racism. A group aggressively staring at you can be scary regardless of the race of anyone involved.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

Say what the gently caress you want, mate. It happened. I wasn't there, but I have no reason to doubt her word because someone else was with her that verified it. But of course, Somali immigrants attacking white women in Sweden is something unheard of, it never happened! They are just misunderstood.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I see no reason to doubt her (or OhYeah's) fear of black people. Seems genuine.

Yeah, that's it. People are just afraid. Because racism, and white privilege and colonialism and all that stuff. Did I mention racism?

DarkCrawler posted:

Me me me. Fundamentalist Christians and Neo-Nazis certainly affect people who aren't you. Anyone who isn't white in Europe has probably been yelled at or been threatened a dozen times in their life easily. The whole world doesn't revolve around you and your experiences. Tell me again why thinking that adulterers need to be stoned should be banned by law but thinking that all people who aren't white should be killed or driven away from Europe shouldn't? Why are your fears, your viewpoints and your experience the only thing that determines which thought shouldn't be allowed and which thought should? Do you think there has not been any neo-nazi or anti-islam/immigrant/left violence/murder in Europe in recent years?

Again you seem to ascribe some strange cut-off point to as where you see something being banned being OK but something else apparently isn't serious enough to merit the same. I don't have a problem if you genuinely believe in thought crime, but the problem is that you seem to think that only certain thoughts should be banned. That makes you a hypocrite.

Also, by your reasoning every person in the Middle East & Africa & developing world in general is completely justified in hating and fearing every Westerner ever thanks to the decades and decades of exploitation, conflict and support of dictators that continue to this very day.

First of all, the neo-nazi movement and fundamentalist christian movements are so small in Europe that they are completely irrelevant. They are not affecting policy, they are not affecting people's daily lives. I'm pretty sure some people of foreign background have had insults thrown at them, but I'm also pretty sure that it's a small minority. Why? Because many of them live in a parallel society and have little to no contact with the natives. Integration into the existing society is out of the question for many of them.

Your question about neo-nazi vs islamist stoner is so dumb that it could've only come from a "progressive". First of all, we shouldn't let people in blindly, without vetting them first. If a person has broken the rules of his stay, he can be deported. If he is already a citizen, he should be put in jail. You cannot deport your own citizens. That's it.

People who are native to this region are our responsibility. We have to educate them, make sure they don't turn into neo-nazis, we have to provide them with jobs and public services. People from third world countries, on the other hand, are not our problem, and should not be let in, because their upbringing dictates they have next to nothing to offer to our advanced and liberal societies. We cannot solve any of their problems, we can just make our own existence more miserable. I know it sounds harsh, but governing nations should be based on cold hard logic and facts, and not "feelz".

You cannot have open borders and a welfare state at the same time. Choose one.

You cannot have multiple disparate cultures living together in a Western society. Which one do you prefer? Western liberal democracy with a high standard of living or multi-cultural utopia? Choose one.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Kemper Boyd posted:

This is you know an actual thing when people talk about racism.

It doesn't matter for the white person if a black person dislikes all white people because of how our society, our hierarchies and our power structures work.

no, it isn't. it's bullshit

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
"my humanities prof told me you can't be racist if you don't represent the majority of the country you live in even if you judge people based on their race" :downs:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I know a black dude who is hell of racist. He's not racist against "whites"* though. (This proves no point.)

*) For certain values of "white".

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

OhYeah posted:

Yeah, that's it. People are just afraid. Because racism, and white privilege and colonialism and all that stuff. Did I mention racism?

If a handful of black people riding the same bus as you is enough to make you feel as unsafe as you've ever been in your entire life (and I see no reason to doubt either you or your daughter here), then clearly you've got some kind of issue with black people specifically and/or fear in general (probably both). I make no moral judgement here, I take your word for it.

e: How ironic, by the way, that you should profess a preference for “cold hard logic and facts”, when your posts are so thin on substance, and heavy on opinion, anecdote and speculation (or “feelz”, as it were).

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 24, 2016

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

New book coming out, on the cover Nalle is shown securing his childrens inheritance:

I'm delighted to unexpectedly see that cover here, for a close friend of mine made it. :cool:

I'll let you in on a little insider joke: The outfit of that character is modeled exactly after something that a certain banker actually wore in some public setting.

(I give no guarantees about anything else in the book, just the cover.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Red jeans and klubitakki is pretty common leisure wear for rich old Swedish men.

e: or was a few years ago anyway.