Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I suspect every cartel weapon will have one. Probably the only ones that won't will be vendor ones (Oranges, of course, I doubt any non-moddable weapons will have the slot).

But seriously...weapon designer. I'd really like to use a saber other than the Gree or Rakghoul ones but it's so drat convenient to transfer to my alts. :(

Colonial Air Force posted:

Are there things other than colored lightning?

We don't use that word anymore, racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
If my Gree rifle doesn't have a slot for those things I'll be somewhat annoyed.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Another nonentity special.

You're welcome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How long do I have to wait to have a firesaber?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Tanno Vik is literal scum and I wish I could retroactively kill him on my Sith Warrior.

That is all.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

nonentity posted:

You're welcome.

Thank you! This is awesome and I can't wait for more!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kurieg posted:

Tanno Vik is literal scum and I wish I could retroactively kill him on my Sith Warrior.

That is all.

There are a lot of briefing sessions with Garza that go like this:

Aric Jorgan approves
Elara Dorne approves
M1-4X approves
Sergeant Yuun approves

But on the plus side, he looks good with the HK sword.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

You're welcome.

Excellent work as always.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

nonentity posted:

You're welcome.

I want that saber flourish in the last image to be real, but I'll take it. Nicely done.

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015
I still can't get myself to resub. I did log into my mains and looked at the pretty scenery. I really burned myself out last time, trying to save up for a Guild Flagship. It's hard to find the fun again when the stories are all "go kill all of these things to get to a butan and push butan"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

prefect posted:

There are a lot of briefing sessions with Garza that go like this:

Aric Jorgan approves
Elara Dorne approves
M1-4X approves
Sergeant Yuun approves

But on the plus side, he looks good with the HK sword.

Oh I'm more than well aware of that, I'm up to Coruscant.
I was referring more to the part where he killed a bunch of people and stole their credits.
"You killed eight people just for some money!?"
"Of course not, they had bodyguards too, they weren't complete idiots."

I hate that he keeps confessing this poo poo to you and there isn't a "Report for warcrimes" subquest or something.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I want that saber flourish in the last image to be real, but I'll take it. Nicely done.
get ready for cartel market taunts, baby.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

So simple question that I just had, if you're stealth and flagged pve does your nametag still show up? I know I've seen some empty nametags before but I just assumed it was my garbage laptop not showing the character.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Pretty princess dressup is the opiate of the space masses

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the paradigm shift posted:

So simple question that I just had, if you're stealth and flagged pve does your nametag still show up? I know I've seen some empty nametags before but I just assumed it was my garbage laptop not showing the character.

It's goofy. Sometimes you can see friendly stealth players, and sometimes you can't. I think people in your group you see, people not in your group you can't.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

the paradigm shift posted:

What you saw was probably a glitch from your garbage laptop. When you see stealthed players they don't show up as an empty nametag, they show up as a stealthed character.

Your group members will always be visible in stealth. Beyond that, detection is level-based. Anybody whose level is significantly below yours will be pretty easy to see. Friendly or enemy characters of the same level or higher who aren't in your group will be tough to spot. PVP flagging doesn't affect it one way or the other.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It was a long, ardous battle but your glorious alt-guild leader has finally reached 65.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
So the badguy in the Consular story is literally Bad Egg?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

My computer will not shut off and now just keeps booting into bios over and over again. What do I do with this thing?

This is stopping me from playing swtor

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I need to get back into this. Haven't played since like November.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

You missed the 12x XP time! Still, it's fun.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

You missed the 12x XP time! Still, it's fun.

Eh, isn't it still stupid fast to level up if you sub? I've been subbed the whole time.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Eh, isn't it still stupid fast to level up if you sub? I've been subbed the whole time.

Yes. And if you've still been subbed, you have plenty of CC to buy the Class Story XP boost, too.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I kept getting an internal error message while playing the game till the last time I logged in it said that the login service was unavailable. I downloaded the launcher again and now have to download the client all over again which sucks without unlimited internet.

What is the name of the centerpiece decoration that has a little sun in it? Sun something or other and don't you acquire it by doing all the SF on hardmode?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Man I am just not motivated to finish conquest, even on my main, and they're the easiest heroics to do.

I liked it better when the guild was semi-active :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Wyatt Derp posted:

What is the name of the centerpiece decoration that has a little sun in it? Sun something or other and don't you acquire it by doing all the SF on hardmode?

Sun Machine Reactor, you need to kill all six Exarches so all non-solo mode SFs.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Also it's a Starship Hook, not Centerpiece, but they give you 10 which is... weird.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Now that my gear is ok I want to start working on it.

Also it's a Starship Hook, not Centerpiece, but they give you 10 which is... weird.

You get ten of these Sun Machine Reactors?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yep and fun fact, there's not even 10 starship hooks in all of the strongholds to place them. They really need to be centerpieces

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Hey Medullah I'm on a lot so I get people asking for invites, can I get roles on Erinfields the Imperial Agent?

fafish
May 10, 2012
Subbed like 4 days ago, i had played only the beta before that, have to say that the amount of content is impressive, the developers seem to have done a lot of work capturing the spirit of that old republic era and creating an interesting story for each class.

i bought the amazon 3 months+expansions bundle which i don't see now as a particularly great decision and the reason is that the game is ridiculously easy, i mean easy to a non-enjoyable non-rewarding level thus i do not see myself engaged after 1 or 2 months at most. It is possible to explore most of the content really really fast while creating an overpowered character. But i guess this is the story of these theme park mmos, they have to do it in order to keep the players in, but drat don't you feel nostalgic when 10 years ago that wow quest giver was like ''kill 10 raptors southeast of here'' and that was all the info you got?

Meanwhile i'd love to run some operations with fellow guild members.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I assume ranked PVP just never pops?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Althair posted:

Hey Medullah I'm on a lot so I get people asking for invites, can I get roles on Erinfields the Imperial Agent?

Oedzi now that we can have 1000 people in the guild can you give Ensigns invite powers?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

fafish posted:

Subbed like 4 days ago, i had played only the beta before that, have to say that the amount of content is impressive, the developers seem to have done a lot of work capturing the spirit of that old republic era and creating an interesting story for each class.

i bought the amazon 3 months+expansions bundle which i don't see now as a particularly great decision and the reason is that the game is ridiculously easy, i mean easy to a non-enjoyable non-rewarding level thus i do not see myself engaged after 1 or 2 months at most. It is possible to explore most of the content really really fast while creating an overpowered character. But i guess this is the story of these theme park mmos, they have to do it in order to keep the players in, but drat don't you feel nostalgic when 10 years ago that wow quest giver was like ''kill 10 raptors southeast of here'' and that was all the info you got?

Meanwhile i'd love to run some operations with fellow guild members.

The solo content is a face roll for the most part. You should be glad for this because you don't want trash(operative word being trash) creating huge difficulties for the majority of the playerbase etc etc

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I assume ranked PVP just never pops?

10 AM on Sunday the only places your going to find Ranked pops are the European servers and maybe Harbinger depending on how late the Australians are staying up otherwise prime time. JC has a decent Ranked scene at least it did before I consolidated all my chars back to Harbinger.

Edit: that second sounds wrong. What I mean is I transferred all my chars back to Harbs before S7 started so I have no idea how the current season on JC is going but the scene was fairly active in seasons past.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 24, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what is the deal with the gaps in armorings for crafting? once you hit the level 40 armorings, they start skipping around a bit on what you can craft. not a big problem but annoying.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

fafish posted:

But i guess this is the story of these theme park mmos, they have to do it in order to keep the players in, but drat don't you feel nostalgic when 10 years ago that wow quest giver was like ''kill 10 raptors southeast of here'' and that was all the info you got?

That was also all the story you got, so no, I don't really miss it.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm a preferred status player and just hit level 50 on my toon. So to level up further, I'll need the expansions? What's the cheapest way to get them? A reddit guide (yeah, I know) said that if I sub, I'll get both Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan as well as the existing chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, even after I unsub. Is my understanding correct? That seems better than buying the expansions standalone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Schneider Heim posted:

I'm a preferred status player and just hit level 50 on my toon. So to level up further, I'll need the expansions? What's the cheapest way to get them? A reddit guide (yeah, I know) said that if I sub, I'll get both Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan as well as the existing chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, even after I unsub. Is my understanding correct? That seems better than buying the expansions standalone.

You can't buy the expansions standalone. You'll need to subscribe to gain access to them. When you sub, you gain access permanently (Story wise) to everything that is released until the day your sub lapses. So sub today and you'll have access to everything up to KOTFE chapter 13.

You won't be able to do warzones or operations once your sub lapses without a pass, which you'd need to stock up on while you're a sub or buy directly from the cartel market since the cost on the GTN for a weekly pass is far greater than the credit cap a preferred player can hold.

• Locked thread