Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I forgot about the season 1 option with Gregory: suicide by cop FBI. Martha going down but she's taking as many feds with her as she can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a testament to how good this show is that in literally the first episode the FBI man moves to the house opposite the Russian spies and this isn't seen as the most ridiculous thing ever. It's even more insane than in Prison Breaks premiere when the guy took his shirt off to reveal the prison map (and consequently, I stopped watching) but it somehow gets away with it. Best show.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like I understand what you are saying but no tv show has ever been or ever will be more insane than Prison Break, the show that killed off a character by cutting off her head and delivering it to the main cast and then brought her back by saying "I don't know I guess the head just looked like hers, common mistake".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Chekov's Valium. Martha is going to drink a couple bottles of red wine and the rest of her Valium. You can't OD on Valium alone, but mixed with alcohol you sure can.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just caught up with the latest episode, man, that was great. I liked last weeks with the Bowie (RIP) ending but this week had some proper spywork again with the FBI looking at the two apartments and the new handoff of the dead lab rat (episode is called 'The Rat' btw) which is all good and fun to watch.

Man this is a good show, I want much more of it but I also kind of hope next season, or 6 at least season 6 ends it all, as much as I like the show it'd become a bit too... blase if it went for 7 or 8 seasons. At least it is gaining in popularity and getting more critical acclaim these days, at least form what I've observed around the internet. I've been making friends watch the show for a few years and everyone is always looking forward to the new season when it is on the horizon so that's a good sign.

Anyway, when the show does finally end, it'll be a three and a half minute silent montage with 'Everybody wants to rule the world' by Tears for Fears playing over the top.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 24, 2016

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

It's been said before but we absolutely need a scene in the finale that shows Elizabeth coping with "tear down this wall" and so forth.

:agreed: and wished we could have seen her reaction to SmugReagan saying Marxism will be left 'on the ash heap of history' since she probably could have murdered some people, but we're past that chronologically. They did a good job with her trying to gauge the room with an appearance comment, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

drunkill posted:

Anyway, when the show does finally end, it'll be a three and a half minute silent montage with 'Everybody wants to rule the world' by Tears for Fears playing over the top.

Alternately, I'd accept a montage of Phil and Liz going on a crazy murder spree mission set to Love and Rockets' "No New Tale to Tell".

Relevant link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo3R3LBjDek

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

precision posted:

Alternately, I'd accept a montage of Phil and Liz going on a crazy murder spree mission set to Love and Rockets' "No New Tale to Tell".

Relevant link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo3R3LBjDek

Alternatively to the alternative...R.E.M's "It's the End of the World as We Know It." Obvious choice, but that came out in 1987. gently caress I'm getting old.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Alternatively to the alternative...R.E.M's "It's the End of the World as We Know It." Obvious choice, but that came out in 1987. gently caress I'm getting old.

Oh man, that would be almost too perfect. In fact I'll be somewhat shocked if that song is never used at all, since the show has been really hip on good music so far.

REM was my favorite band in the 80s, and lately I've been getting back into them. Still can't sit through any of the albums after Berry left, which I realized the other day consists of 1/3 of their total albums :catstare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A TV show murder spree song from 1983, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsTJaP2tC0A

Gonz fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 25, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

precision posted:

Oh man, that would be almost too perfect. In fact I'll be somewhat shocked if that song is never used at all, since the show has been really hip on good music so far.

REM was my favorite band in the 80s, and lately I've been getting back into them. Still can't sit through any of the albums after Berry left, which I realized the other day consists of 1/3 of their total albums :catstare:

Well, come to think of it...REM would be *Philip's* song, while "No New Tale" would probably fit better for Liz.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I feel like "Burning Down the House" is an inevitability here.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You guys are all sniffing glue. There's only one obvious choice for the finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-6ftmw8CE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

precision posted:

I feel like "Burning Down the House" is an inevitability here.

On the topic of that song, when I was searching for that video on YouTube, I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtknX95emMQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

comes along bort posted:

You guys are all sniffing glue. There's only one obvious choice for the finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-6ftmw8CE

:golfclap:

Waiting patiently for Paige's "goth phase". "Love Will Tear Us Apart" might be too on the nose, but then again, so was "Under Pressure", so the precedent has been set.

edit:

Gonz posted:

On the topic of that song, when I was searching for that video on YouTube, I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtknX95emMQ

Oh my God, that cover version is an abomination, I had almost forgotten it, thanks a lot JERK.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I don't care what song plays in the background as long as we get despondent Elizabeth realizing The Cause is no more and that everything she believed in her view of the world literally disintegrates on TV in front of her.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Are we in the Superman universe now? Was Martha really supposed to have trouble identifying Phillip because he had a blonde wig?

precision posted:

Oh my God, that cover version is an abomination, I had almost forgotten it, thanks a lot JERK.
I was actually going to thank him for linking it, cause it's really fun. :smith:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Martha's actress is knocking this "out of her god drat mind and at the end of her rope" thing out of the park.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That room should be just full of smoke

This episode is poor Martha personified :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Well don't just sit there guessing. Drive to the bridge!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
"No, you're sleeping with mine."

She's absolutely pushing Martha into this.
e: Well poo poo. There goes another 'Martha is totally getting it this episode' prediction.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
And now a Henry break...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

And naturally, Elizabeth puts her own influence on the operation.

...and Henry's gonna be found passed out on the floor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They are being way too casual with that dead rat considering what happened last time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The :ussr: version of "Do you love HER?"

e- Oh poo poo, does that mean what I think it does? :tviv:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Martha isn't the one getting to Moscow...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't care what song plays in the background as long as we get despondent Elizabeth realizing The Cause is no more and that everything she believed in her view of the world literally disintegrates on TV in front of her.

Yes this.

I am so disappointed that Martha is still alive(for now). She already ran once, she has no value to them alive. Just kill her already for fucks sake.

Comedy option: Martha is the new Nina and actually goes to Moscow. She has to seduce and get close to a scientist :v:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Zero One posted:

Martha isn't the one getting to Moscow...

Wait wait did I miss something that implies they're sending someone else?

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Wait wait did I miss something that implies they're sending someone else?

They're sending the virus

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Diddie posted:

Bacteria. But yeah, not including Martha in the message to Moscow is telling.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The preview showed Martha on a plane. So unless they 9/11 that poo poo into the ocean i'd say shes going to moscow.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

The preview showed Martha on a plane. So unless they 9/11 that poo poo into the ocean i'd say shes going to moscow.

Or she'll go to Vector in Novosibirsk, carrying Tularemia.

"They'll take good care of you." :v:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

zVxTeflon posted:

Oh my god, they're going to show Phillip Martha getting on the plane.

And then they're going to show us Martha getting off the plane.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 28, 2016

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Diddie posted:

I actually took that as they were sending both, leading me to believe that she'll actually die of the horrible death disease by accident haha poor Martha.

and yeah I watched the preview at the end with her clearly on a plane, so unless that's a dream or whatever, which it could be...

Neba
Feb 1, 2004

I hope Martha escapes to agent Beeman's house, they recognize Elizabeth on the other side of the street and a massive firefight ensues between FBI and KGB & drunk Henry.

Pastor Tim also happens to be visiting and has to finally choose sides.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Liz should have already murdered Martha, Pastor Tim & wife and even Paige at this point. :commissar:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Bat of Gotham would be making GBS threads his pants if he'd seen this ep.

Should I feel bad that I enjoyed Elizabeth shutting up Martha with a knife to the gut?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Bat of Gotham would be making GBS threads his pants if he'd seen this ep.

Should I feel bad that I enjoyed Elizabeth shutting up Martha with a knife to the gut?

She just punched her in the gut really hard. I thought it was a knife at first, but it wasn't.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
She clearly had a gun in her pocket and was thinking about it really really hard but just decided to punch the poo poo out of Martha instead. Did you see the size of that bruise she left? :stare:
The actor playing Martha is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I like Martha and hope they dont kill her off and really I dont see any reason why they would if shes willing to get on the plane. Why bother pissing off your already pissed off agent. It takes a lot of time and resources to put someone like Phillip in place. Youre gonna jerk them around and kill off their asset who gave good info to save the cost of some lovely apartment in moscow?

• Locked thread