Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

Don't suppose anyone has an inscriber automation setup for Blightfall? I did try one but it won't work due to power not transfering between the 5 inscribers because of RF and it's bloody shenanigans, I can make one that works but it's fantastically messy and slow as a result and I like neither.

What do you mean? You dont have enough rf to power it or it just didnt work?

Edit; here is my setup

the controllers and some cells

The 4 inscribers

The 5th inscriber

From another side

And what powers it

Which works pretty well

I had this set up a little differently before i moved it upstairs and closer to my power source.

If your after how to hook up the sides of the inscribers and such i used a youtube video i could try find it again.

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
You can automate inscribers with hoppers if you want, you just have to rotate the inscriber via wrench.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Those mana spreaders lack potency lenses!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

You can see in my inventory i have the elven wood ones too. Im just too lazy to put them down. I could also add a whole heap of endflames. The 3 dropper setups are over kill for what is down there. I was in the process of cleaning up/fixing up and sort of stopped.

And i found out why i never knew there was a door to the giant redwood. I ported out there to go inside. Apparently i got there before i had flight and was attacked by something because i had 3 blocks of dirt that must have saved me from something blocking the door.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

This is what I have right now, it does work so I might just stick with it until I feel ready to muck about with it again unless I can find a better design and/or I'm more comfy moving on to the autocrafting part of AE2...Least there's facades so I can stick this into the wall.

Next time I'm gonna see if I can automate certus quartz production.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Last time I automated inscribers I think I used the tutorial here that uses only AE2 stuff on its own subnetwork.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

ImpactVector posted:

Last time I automated inscribers I think I used the tutorial here that uses only AE2 stuff on its own subnetwork.

That's what I initially did! But well...RF decided to break that. :argh:

Do I have to input stuff on a specific side for these inscribers? Or can I stick export/import buses anywhere on the block?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Krakatoah posted:

Do I have to input stuff on a specific side for these inscribers? Or can I stick export/import buses anywhere on the block?

They have specific sides. They can be rotated, as well, though.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Specifically, top face for the top slot, left face (or back) for the middle, bottom face for the bottom slot, and right face (or front) for the output slot.

Also, Charged Certus Quartz can be automated in a Charger in a similar way. Interface on one side, Import on the other side (set to only import charged).

Fluix and pure crystals require a bunch more creativity unless you get AE2 Stuff.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 23, 2016

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Krakatoah posted:

I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding RF. The thing I linked is the exact setup I used in Blightfall.

You should just be able to power one part of it and the power should transfer through the ME network over the cables. The part I think you're missing is that you probably want an ME interface and some quartz cable to transfer power instead of a chest.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

This is what I have right now, it does work so I might just stick with it until I feel ready to muck about with it again unless I can find a better design and/or I'm more comfy moving on to the autocrafting part of AE2...Least there's facades so I can stick this into the wall.

Next time I'm gonna see if I can automate certus quartz production.

Do you have any cable connections coming from the energy acceptor? The ME cables? I dont think the import/export bus's work with flux?

Does blightfall have the cable anchors? Use those if you need to stop cables touching.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Meskhenet posted:

Do you have any cable connections coming from the energy acceptor? The ME cables? I dont think the import/export bus's work with flux?

Does blightfall have the cable anchors? Use those if you need to stop cables touching.

The energy acceptor in the back is connected both to the fluxducts and the network cables, so the busses are on and the setup works.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Krakatoah posted:

The energy acceptor in the back is connected both to the fluxducts and the network cables, so the busses are on and the setup works.

Okay, but was that the case when it wasn't working?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I'm running into an interesting problem on my server. I'm trying to build a tunnel between a village and my base, and whenever certain specific chunks are unloaded and the reloaded, they revert back to how they were when I first dug out the basic tunnel I made. The tracks disappear, the torches are gone, everything. It's 8 chunks total. Not all of them are right next to each other. When I fly through them, the server console spits out this:

quote:

[09:27:39 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57047, l='world1', x=1647.90, y=67.00, z=2489.76] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:39 WARN]: Entity is at 1647.9027439403512,2489.757450483626 (chunk 102,155) but was stored in chunk 104,154
[09:27:39 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57047, l='world1', x=1647.90, y=67.00, z=2489.76] to prevent a server crash.
[09:27:39 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57048, l='world1', x=1658.43, y=77.03, z=2478.23] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:39 WARN]: Entity is at 1658.4265580791623,2478.2299204983487 (chunk 103,154) but was stored in chunk 104,154
[09:27:39 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57048, l='world1', x=1658.43, y=77.03, z=2478.23] to prevent a server crash.
[09:27:39 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57049, l='world1', x=1666.56, y=71.00, z=2459.90] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:39 WARN]: Entity is at 1666.5640871893013,2459.902884638591 (chunk 104,153) but was stored in chunk 104,154
[09:27:39 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57049, l='world1', x=1666.56, y=71.00, z=2459.90] to prevent a server crash.
[09:27:39 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57050, l='world1', x=1631.88, y=69.00, z=2498.99] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:39 WARN]: Entity is at 1631.8846454320174,2498.9923679117287 (chunk 101,156) but was stored in chunk 104,154
[09:27:39 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57050, l='world1', x=1631.88, y=69.00, z=2498.99] to prevent a server crash.
[09:27:39 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57051, l='world1', x=1634.91, y=64.00, z=2509.64] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:39 WARN]: Entity is at 1634.9118309436797,2509.639653359792 (chunk 102,156) but was stored in chunk 104,154
[09:27:39 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57051, l='world1', x=1634.91, y=64.00, z=2509.64] to prevent a server crash.
[09:27:39 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57052, l='world1', x=1661.14, y=69.00, z=2482.06] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:39 WARN]: Entity is at 1661.1370051124984,2482.058881928449 (chunk 103,155) but was stored in chunk 104,155
[09:27:39 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57052, l='world1', x=1661.14, y=69.00, z=2482.06] to prevent a server crash.
[09:27:42 WARN]: Wrong location for EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57054, l='world1', x=1639.38, y=64.00, z=2534.24] in world 'world1'!
[09:27:42 WARN]: Entity is at 1639.375,2534.2372084767976 (chunk 102,158) but was stored in chunk 104,157
[09:27:42 WARN]: Cauldron has removed EntityButterfly['entity.Forestry.butterflyGE.name'/57054, l='world1', x=1639.38, y=64.00, z=2534.24] to prevent a server crash.

Googling around tells me it might be corrupted chunks? How do I fix this? There's nothing built in these chunks except the tunnel I'm trying to make, so if I have to delete them and let the server regen them, then that's not too big of a deal other than the annoyance of doing it with MCEdit, I guess.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I blame all your butterflies.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

new horizons, day three

having rendered an entire tree down into six torches against the pitch-black night, i have set out on a quest to find copper. i personally have my doubts on whether copper exists as a concept in the world of gregtech, but the quest book insists that it does. small copper ores torment me. they may provide an ingot or two, but the quest book will not accept them. no, it says. i want malachite. i want chalcopyrite. the small ores are supposed to be signposts to greater deposits. they are lies

talc ore mocks me, embedded in the cliff faces, hanging just out of reach and the same colour as malachite. grossular and fuckin' garnet ore studs every available surface of all biomes ever. the black slashes of mineral sand are everywhere, and i begin to resent having to process so much iron. i have an infinite supply already - picking up oil in a clay bucket transmutes the container into metal. i assume this is the same strange alchemy that makes flint swords set mobs on fire, and that makes random explosions happen when i kill things

i have stolen materials for a smeltery from a neighbouring village, that i might process metals without laboriously draining a swamp of water one bucket at a time to put together the necessary seared bricks. it turns out i need oven gloves to move lava, which are made out of extremely flammable cotton. chests in dungeons, mineshafts contain stacks and stacks of lavishly cooked feasts, and shards of iridium, chrome, steel. an embarrassment of riches that i cannot process as i am stuck in the stone age, grubbing for flints, clad in stolen silver trousers and boots that a flaming spider dropped.

where the gently caress do i find copper? is this a biome thing or what

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the way ore works in new horizons is that it isn't studded in small chunks all over, it generates in a massive vein that is very hard to find initially

like it may be worth your while to install some kind of ore xray mod and just fly around in creative mode until you spot a vein, then turn off god mode and get at it normally

Heffer
May 1, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Googling around tells me it might be corrupted chunks? How do I fix this? There's nothing built in these chunks except the tunnel I'm trying to make, so if I have to delete them and let the server regen them, then that's not too big of a deal other than the annoyance of doing it with MCEdit, I guess.

Honestly yeah sounds corrupted. Not sure why.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

What I did was mine down to the height range it spawns at then dig really long tunnels hoping I run into it.

One alternative is to dig straight down to get a sort of core sample every x chunks-- ore veins are far bigger horizontally than they are vertically so you're practically guaranteed to find SOMETHING this way. Problem is you're digging straight down, so you're likely to fall into lava at some point.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What are some good technical and decoration mods that are whitelisted for AE2 spatial storage? I found out Ender IO, DecoCraft, and Big Reactors are all out.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

...I think I might have to start Blightfall over AGAIN, apparently the stupid builder's wand from extra (corrupted chunks) utilities didn't like what I was doing earlier and now I've got chunks in my base where if I stand in them the passage of time in game freezes...But once I leave and keep away from those chunks for about 30 seconds or so everything speeds up as if to catch up to the time lost, I'm not sure how I can fix this at all... :cry:

At this rate I might as well be ultra-paranoid and not only start backing up EVERYTHING but even backup the backups.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What are some good technical and decoration mods that are whitelisted for AE2 spatial storage? I found out Ender IO, DecoCraft, and Big Reactors are all out.

Does chisel work? Artifice?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Heffer posted:

Does chisel work? Artifice?

Chisel, Artifice, and Natura appear to work. Mods that don't so far:

Thermal Expansion
Mekanism
Extra Utilities
Big Reactors
Ender IO

I was hoping to have this ship beam in from storage and have a bunch of funny machines in it, like a nuclear reactor full of blood. No-go.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Chisel, Artifice, and Natura appear to work. Mods that don't so far:

Thermal Expansion
Mekanism
Extra Utilities
Big Reactors
Ender IO

I was hoping to have this ship beam in from storage and have a bunch of funny machines in it, like a nuclear reactor full of blood. No-go.

well you could use a fake reactor, so say a Railcraft tank full of blood with the Nuclear decoration blocks all over it...

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

well you could use a fake reactor, so say a Railcraft tank full of blood with the Nuclear decoration blocks all over it...

That's what I have for now, although it just isn't as fun. :(

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That's what I have for now, although it just isn't as fun. :(

But also remember anything you put in there will be available to the player so they will get a free reactor and other machines.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I wonder if you could store a Command Block in there, which would then place the blocks when the spaceship first pops in. I guess the player could just unload the thing and the invalid blocks would stay behind with no mobs to guard them, but there are a lot of other ways to cheese spacial IO constructions anyway. The most direct one being quarrying the whole thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Gregtech NH's ore distribution is probably its single worst and most crippling feature. The deposits are HUGE -- you only need to find one, maybe two for heavy loads, and you're set on that ore forever. But they're spread out so far and wide, and certain rare types of deposits are SO RARE that you can fly around with an xray and noclip tool and still take forever to find them. I don't know what the solution is, but it's handled really horribly. Easily worse than having to process an ore 6 times to get the right refined material.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
its a shame MFFS didnt work properly after 1.5 as you could have had the ship TP in via that method, they added in 1.6 that you could mark a location into a pattern then rebuild the whole area using the forcefields, but it crashed servers and games if you put a mode into the projector with no size blocks in there- it used to be default 1 x1x1 in 1.5 and they made it 0x0x0 in 1.6 so it tries to make a cube 0x0x0 in size crashing the world

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

But also remember anything you put in there will be available to the player so they will get a free reactor and other machines.

That was the point. They already have to have a thousand spatial pylons, around 15 dense energy cells, something to fill those cells, a means to remotely deploy all this away from their base, some fighting gear, and the finer bits of spatial storage. I do give them a pile of spatial pylons, but the quest is still something of a terminal quest in the book. They can probably get to the moon cheaper and faster. So I have to qualms about giving them lots of stuff.

As it stands, the ship is made out of more steel blocks than they would ever need.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I need a relaxed modpack to play while I'm listening to podcasts. Light grinding is acceptable as long as it's not egregious (I can handle terra firma, but not gregtech). Any suggestions? Would Regrowth fit the bill?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goon Danton posted:

I need a relaxed modpack to play while I'm listening to podcasts. Light grinding is acceptable as long as it's not egregious (I can handle terra firma, but not gregtech). Any suggestions? Would Regrowth fit the bill?

If you love the poo poo out of farming while otherwise staring at deserts, Regrowth is perfect for you.

Edit: magical crops and agricraft farming that is.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 25, 2016

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Black Pants posted:

If you love the poo poo out of farming while otherwise staring at deserts, Regrowth is perfect for you.

Edit: magical crops and agricraft farming that is.

yeah I'm currently playing regrowth and while I've enjoyed it, this is accurate.

Too much farming stuff early, too many grinding things for seeds/etc (JUST THE SAME poo poo ALL THE TIME) is my number one complaint.

The second complaint is how much it gates you early on with the tech. By the time you unlock certain mods and their potential way of doing things, you may well have had a better way of doing it with another mod already, etc.

I've had fun, but it's both because I was mostly playing with a friend early on and most of the crummy parts of the grind is behind me.

Also some of the recipe changes make things like higher tier mekanism stuff pretty annoying because everything needs 2-8 of the previous tier which is 2-8 of some other thing which means automation across three mods etc.

Edit: Example time!:

Example:

Windmill:

2x Sheet of Aluminum (Rolling machine)
1x Reinforced Alloy (Diamond Powder + Enriched Alloy in a Metallurgic Infuser)
2x Sheet titanium
1x Elite Control Circuit
1x Energy Tablet

Energy Tablet:
2x Iron Chipset
2x Enriched Alloy (Redstone + Iron in a Metallurgic Infuser)
1x Osmium Plate
2x Steel Plate
2x Basic Control Circuit

Control circuits are annoying because they're always two of the previous, so one Elite Control Circuit like in the windmill ends up being two red which are four green (two each) green.

Elite Control Circuit (Blue):
1x Reinforced Alloy
2x Golden Chipset
2x Advanced Control circuit
1x Refined Circuit Board (Iron and Redstone in Carpenter)

Adv. Control Circuit (Red):
2x Iron Chipset
2x Basic Control Circuit
1x Enhanced Circuit Board (Bronze, redstone in carpenter)
1x Enriched Alloy

Basic Control Circuit (Green):
2x Redstone Chipset (Pre-req: Asssembly Table, Laser)
1x Enriched Iron (Coal, Wrought Iron in Metallurgic infuser. Wrought iron is either Bloomery Furnace or Iron->Dust->Metallurgic Infuser)
Basic Circuit Board (Carpenter, Water + 1x Tin + 6x Redstone)

In contrast, the base recipe per the Mekanism wiki, an Adv. Control circuit is just 2x Enriched Alloy, 1x Basic Control Circuit (which is just Osmium+Redstone in an infuser!)

Fayk fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 25, 2016

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That was the point. They already have to have a thousand spatial pylons, around 15 dense energy cells, something to fill those cells, a means to remotely deploy all this away from their base, some fighting gear, and the finer bits of spatial storage. I do give them a pile of spatial pylons, but the quest is still something of a terminal quest in the book. They can probably get to the moon cheaper and faster. So I have to qualms about giving them lots of stuff.

As it stands, the ship is made out of more steel blocks than they would ever need.

Does mine tweaker or any of your other mods support InterModComs (IMC)?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Still playing NH, I noticed that one of the Witchery books is crafted with a Nether Star. TF is in, and Uncrafting tables are not disabled!

...I was saddened to discover it won't uncraft. Turns out the config disabled the uncrafting function of the uncrafting table. They have other functions, thankfully, so it's not a useless block. You can use it to repair items and recraft (change the material of) items. Not a whole lot of use in NH, but hey, the recipe is cheap.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Has Regrowth changed much since its initial form? I'm looking for a skyblock-style map but I beat Regrowth back when it came out, which feels like ages ago.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Has Regrowth changed much since its initial form? I'm looking for a skyblock-style map but I beat Regrowth back when it came out, which feels like ages ago.

Try IE:S on the FTB Launcher (Infinity Evolved : Skyblock)

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ferret Business is a possible suggestion for Goon Danton though. If you wanna try out weird and wacky tech stuff with no real goal other than to make your bosses lots of money or something, anyway. Also currently a very unfinished HQM book.

The 'plot' for the pack is 'Oops you've been teleported to a strange planet. But it can support life, so I guess that's good! Now uh, I see a lot of rare minerals around you, how about you go and send a bunch of those back to us while you're there anyway?'

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 26, 2016

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

It mostly just got refined, but is otherwise largely the same as it was when it first popped up.

I'll second the IE:S recommendation. There's definitely some crazy bullshit involved but it's not too bad. Just... don't step back when you spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ferret business is a good recommendation

IE:S isnt.

The bullshit you have to jump through in terms of IC2 just killed it for me. (but the rest was good i guess).