Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Tracula posted:

If he shared this there has to be some other good poo poo on his wall worth showing this thread :allears:

He legit also shared this!

Scathach posted:

Im begin you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

It depends on the person. Some people won't change no matter whats said. I've found too that bigots have an oddly long memory about anything so there's a good chance they would remember sadly.

No one likes to be called out on being wrong about things, but there's an extra layer there where these people legitimately don't think they're being bigoted or racist and they view that as a direct attack and insult on them. And if someone you personally know calls you a racist and makes you feel bad about yourself on the internet yeah that's probably going to be something you remember and hold a grudge about.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Scathach posted:

Im begin you

To me it looks like a severe case of eczema, which us of course not pleasant at all, but hardly deadly.

Then again, it is a good Ol' share-and-it-will-fix-everything post, so it basically exists in its own reality.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SpacePig posted:

It's stuff like this that fascinates me about Flat Earth, because even this doesn't have a consensus. NOTHING has a consensus about it. Like, at least JFK assassination and Area 51 theories tends to all agree with themselves, but Flat Earth is just a mess of theories that entirely disagree on everything but the Earth being flat. I love it.

none of the JFK conspiracy theories are consistent

JFK was shot by the KGB, the CIA, the FBI, LBJ, and the Mafia by one shooter and

by one shooter at the book depository or another in the grassy knoll or one guy hiding in the sewer or one guy at the trainyard

There was an article on the Onion (I'm pretty sure it was the Onion) that said something like "JFK was shot simultaneously by 20 shooters" making fun of this. I don't remember the details and I can't find it again

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

none of the JFK conspiracy theories are consistent

JFK was shot by the KGB, the CIA, the FBI, LBJ, and the Mafia by one shooter and

by one shooter at the book depository or another in the grassy knoll or one guy hiding in the sewer or one guy at the trainyard

There was an article on the Onion (I'm pretty sure it was the Onion) that said something like "JFK was shot simultaneously by 20 shooters" making fun of this. I don't remember the details and I can't find it again

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/november-22-1963-10584

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm getting impressed at how low effort some of these "like and share if you don't like cancer"-esque posts are getting. My dad recently shared this:

No context or name or any story, just "here's a picture of a lady who allegedly has cancer frown emoticon".

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Please pray for her baby frown emoticon

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Expecting mothers used to put headphones with classical music on their stomach so their baby can hear it. Now we're pressing phones up to them so they can see how many likes they're getting on facebook.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
My inner creep is really loving all of these prom photos :heysexy:

Maybe I just didn't notice any last year, but my feed is being bombarded this year.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpliffClavin posted:

Maybe I just didn't notice any last year, but my feed is being bombarded this year.

Congrats on being a weirdo perv?

The gently caress is this post?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:yikes:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

oh geez rick

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wowza

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I was being sarcastic. It didn't work apparently.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

SpliffClavin posted:

SpliffClavin posted:

Yeah wow you sure got us.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SpliffClavin posted:

Too close to home, Spliffy. We all have our demons, we don't like to be reminded of them.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SpliffClavin posted:

it's a prank/social experiment, right bro? bro?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Be careful what you say guys, I think we're looking at the next something awful moderator.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SpliffClavin posted:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

So good of the father to show up here to get support.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpliffClavin posted:

Whatever you say, puppet-master.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SpliffClavin posted:

I like the shirt, but they could fit at least 7 more lines of text on the back. Waste of space.

Whoever made this shirt has no idea how male bears behave in the wild...

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

SpliffClavin posted:

MCMICHAEL claimed this post was a joke.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Linked the first part of this image (NWS unless your boss is cool with heavy machinery doing corpse-gathering). Didn't bother censoring the page name since it was shared from a public page.
http://i.imgur.com/W3znObg.png

God, I know you're real busy up there, but I ALSO know you're reading my facebook.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Apr 24, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

frown emoticon

Aesop Poprock posted:

No one likes to be called out on being wrong about things, but there's an extra layer there where these people legitimately don't think they're being bigoted or racist and they view that as a direct attack and insult on them. And if someone you personally know calls you a racist and makes you feel bad about yourself on the internet yeah that's probably going to be something you remember and hold a grudge about.

I know mentioning Cracked causes some people to have a conniption, but John Cheese (their writer who was raised in a poor redneck family by an abusive alcoholic father and often writes about that kind of life experience) wrote an article about being raised as a racist and how difficult it is to not only break those habits, but how impossible it is to break anyone else of those habits.

The way he puts it, being called a racist is the white guy equivalent of a racial slur for them. People will say incredibly racist things and make racist jokes in private with company that they expect to laugh at it, but flip out if you accuse them of racism. This kind of experience (repeating something racist his uncle said out loud as a child and being scolded for saying it so openly) is what made him start to realize that he was being a dick, because they wouldn't be trying to stop him from being public with it if it wasn't something that everyone else viewed as bad. It's a really bad kind of cognitive dissonance where everyone knows that they're behaving in a shameful way and tries to avoid letting anyone know that they do it, but will gladly do it as long as they think nobody who cares is watching.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SpliffClavin posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

subpar anachronism posted:

Spoilered the first part of this image (NWS unless your boss is cool with heavy machinery doing corpse-gathering). Didn't bother censoring the page name since it was shared from a public page.

God, I know you're real busy up there, but I ALSO know you're reading my facebook.

I don't think this picture is much of a problem, but in the future please link nws stuff rather than using a spoiler bar :shobon:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Another angle on the old "How dare you be mad about X when Y is also happening!" Not sure how Iron Man fits in here.

Things like this are always shared by the people who think Walmart-brand green bulbs in their porch light will save lives.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Who is the H-Person?!

Hans.. bubby?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Busket Posket posted:

Another angle on the old "How dare you be mad about X when Y is also happening!" Not sure how Iron Man fits in here.

Things like this are always shared by the people who think Walmart-brand green bulbs in their porch light will save lives.

Holy poo poo how the gently caress do you gently caress up the Joker meme this badly?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Busket Posket posted:

Where's the "YEA?! WELL HERE'S A COUPLE DOZEN COPS THAT DIED IN THE LAST TWO YEARS" guy on Prince?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Iron Man killed Prince. That's why he's all dirty and bloody.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Busket Posket posted:

Isn't part of Iron Man's thing that he's literally a borderline-evil guy who supplies guns to everyone?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tracula posted:

Isn't part of Iron Man's thing that he's literally a borderline-evil guy who supplies guns to everyone?

No?

I mean, his character development in the films is that he started as a nearly amoral weapons dealer. When he actually saw the effect of his poor judgement firsthand and ended up with an arc reactor in his chest being the only thing keeping him alive, he repented and stepped out of the arms business so he could start saving lives.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

chitoryu12 posted:

No?

I mean, his character development in the films is that he started as a nearly amoral weapons dealer. When he actually saw the effect of his poor judgement firsthand and ended up with an arc reactor in his chest being the only thing keeping him alive, he repented and stepped out of the arms business so he could start saving lives.

He's still the badguy.

Team Cap forever.

Scarf posted:

Whoever made this shirt has no idea how male bears behave in the wild...

Eating your own children isn't normal behaviour?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I thought you'd wear a Papa Bear shirt because you're full of poo poo that's corked.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Eating your own children isn't normal behaviour?

It is when the pork rinds run out.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What an rear end in a top hat

I tell people I wish I could play guitar like Van Halen or harmonica like Sonny Terry. Am I the real rear end in a top hat? :ohdear: