Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lancaster speedway doesn't open till the 30th :(

Why doesn't nascar give folks who have sprint cup ticket holdets the option for free xfinity and truck tickets too? There isn't a loving person in the stands for this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Lancaster is getting new seats and pavement.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR Overtime is the most useless great rule innovation in the long history of NASCAR great rule innovations.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

N: http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/bowyer-vents-his-2016-frustrations-during-richmond-practice-689738/

V: :fap: gently caress that fake bastard.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Lancaster is getting new seats and pavement.

Ny?

It's about time :) watching youtube videos of guys racing there 1and2 is just a bumpy poo poo hole. Also my name is on one of the benches from like 15 years ago, that's where n my kids sit now.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 23, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

LOL looks like someone's too used to being in a 15ish place car instead of a 25ish place one

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

tater_salad posted:

Ny?

It's about time :) watching youtube videos of guys racing there 1and2 is just a bumpy poo poo hole. Also my name is on one of the benches from like 15 years ago, that's where n my kids sit now.

Yes sir.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm not terribly surprised. Clint's had trouble with ill-handling cars at Richmond before.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The 51 or whatever usually put in a good run at richmond iirc

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Possibly Chicken posted:

The 51 or whatever usually put in a good run at richmond iirc

Yeah is this team that much different from when it was the #51 for Phoenix Racing? I was under the impression it was basically the same Hendrick piece with a different name on it. Could this be just flushing out that maybe Bowyer isn't the all around wheelman he's supposed to be? I know Kurt Busch had a rough season with that car but I don't remember him really going off the rails like that which is incredibly surprising considering he is Kurt Busch after all. Just looking quickly Kurt seemed to actually have pretty similar results finishing in the 20s and teens a lot with only 1 top 10 and 1 top 5. I know it must be frustrating but I feel like Bowyer is having a tougher time of it than Kurt did unless I'm just remembering it wrong.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
You guys bower's poo poo is literally that bad. HSM have completely screwed the pooch on his deal. He's running for 40th right now for chrissakes. He has a right to be mad. Unfortunately though the SHR Ford switch hosed over everyone, HSM included. You best believe hendrick's notebooks and support slammed shut the second that was announced. Nevertheless, a man's radio during practice is somewhat private, and I could very much understand if the loving power steering pump wasn't hooked up when they unloaded, as I've heard around the garage. That's a special kind of unpreparedness for a "competent" cup group

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I mean he signed with HScott, not totally sure what he expected. I know he didnt have much of a choice but still.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Cygni posted:

I mean he signed with HScott, not totally sure what he expected. I know he didnt have much of a choice but still.

They made like 3 backwards steps from last year to this year. Hunting for top 15 to struggling for 36th in a single year is a chasm, not a molehill. Seems the hsm this year vs last year is a shadow of itself. The persistent thing i keep hearing in the garage is that Harry Scott is completely squandering the clint deal.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah it's been kind of shocking to me, Allgaier was running decently in a lot of races last year. I guess fortunately for Bowyer he only has to bear it for a year and he can move on to greener pastures.

Also nice run today SRA

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I really don't get the Bowyer hate, I love the guy

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

VikingSkull posted:

Something about Bowyer just bugs them and then they need to scratch that itch.

Nice top 20 run SRA, any idea what the rest of your Xfinity schedule is this year?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I'm on the boat of liking Bowyer. I could see HScott being collateral between Hendrick giving info to SHR and thusly on their own and welp kind of running around with your heads chopped off not having the extra insurance from a big team. It sucks and can't blame any driver getting mad for being in a poo poo ride knowing you'll get a better one soon. Maybe by the end of the year they might right the ship a little.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Slickdrac posted:

Something about Bowyer just bugs them and then they need to scratch that itch.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

VikingSkull posted:

I don't hate the guy at all. Just found it a little surprising that the team is struggling so hard. I completely forgot about the SHR to Ford thing and that being a contributing factor to support disappearing. The unpreparedness is pretty un-excusable though. Unless their notes from Hendrick for each track had Nut and Bolt Check at the top of each sheet and without them the team forgot to do one.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Matt DiBenedetto is from Grass Valley and looks like Zack Ryder so I'm going to adopt him as my undercard guy. Woo woo woo.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I made a modifieds gif: https://gfycat.com/WellinformedNearDaddylonglegs

I also got my Mudsummer #Eldora tickets

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Well hello, midvale.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Well hello, midvale.

Still need to have a goonmeet at Midvale. Maybe when the supermods or ARCA trucks run.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Main Event and open mods on 7/1 - ARCA trucks and supermods don't draw for poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Photo finish incoming?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahahaha he Kyle'd Kyle

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Tears incoming

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Photo finish incoming?

Even better.

I had Kyle in Fantasy. I don't even care.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress carl but gently caress kyle more.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I only heard the end of the race on the radio and just got home now to watch it. Literally 2/3rds of the last lap was focused on Kyle's wife. FOX Sports, y'all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

I only heard the end of the race on the radio and just got home now to watch it. Literally 2/3rds of the last lap was focused on Kyle's wife. FOX Sports, y'all.

i always love the "dale jr performance report" segment that they do for no other driver.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

be nice wicka posted:

i always love the "dale jr performance report" segment that they do for no other driver.

I mean they're getting paid to do that at least. Not showing the end of the race is insanity.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

I mean they're getting paid to do that at least. Not showing the end of the race is insanity.

felt like someone in the truck decided carl wasn't going to get close enough to make the pass

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Just trying to hop on board the Indy 500 wifecam train.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

NASCAR can't compete with Emmacam and Jessicam (RIP).

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So I decided to start collecting 1/24th and 1/25th scale diecasts of race cars in general but oval cars in particular, so have a poo poo quality photo of my first two pieces, a limited run of two of Jumpin' Jack Johnson's modifieds in 1/25th

e- the modern mod is 1 of 852, the coupe is 1 of 504

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

VikingSkull posted:

So I decided to start collecting 1/24th and 1/25th scale diecasts of race cars in general but oval cars in particular, so have a poo poo quality photo of my first two pieces, a limited run of two of Jumpin' Jack Johnson's modifieds in 1/25th

e- the modern mod is 1 of 852, the coupe is 1 of 504

Cool finds - I haven't really looked at modified diecasts myself.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Nutmeg/Dave's Collectibles handles them, they have a bunch of the modern cars and the coupes and sedans

I actually got mine right from Dave at his trailer at OCFS last night, $100 for the mod, $65 for the coupe

e- here's his site, it has a ton of cool poo poo on it

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Was there delicious Kyle Busch tears? Please tell me there were....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Nope, he shrugged and said that's racin'

• Locked thread